Session 35 Chat Log

Chat log started at 22.9.2013 / 18:21:35

3.5E v2.9.3 ruleset for Fantasy Grounds II. Copyright 2012 Smiteworks USA, LLC.
Languages v2.5 Extension for FGII 3.5E ruleset by Tenian (converted to 3.5E by Trenloe & Callum). Copyright 2011 Smiteworks. This extension uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC, which are used under Paizo’s Community Use Policy. We are expressly prohibited from charging you to use or access this content. This extension is not published, endorsed, or specifically approved by Paizo Publishing. For more information about Paizo’s Community Use Policy, please visit paizo.com/communityuse. For more information about Paizo Publishing and Paizo products, please visit paizo.com.
‘dublish’ connected
‘David’ connected
‘Keah’ connected
Campaign saved.
‘Sam’ connected
DSM’ connected
Campaign saved.
DM: Shall we begin?
dublish (Æthelmyr): So previously on Legs of Lolth…
DM: You were attacked by the long-promised flying cow.
Æthelmyr: And it wasn’t as terrible as expected.
dublish (Æthelmyr): And it wasn’t as terrible as expected.
DM: It bore with it a collection of papers. They were mostly posters and articles of news about missing people.
Campaign saved.
DM: Among them were children, clergy, but most noteworthily, three faces you recognized as Arda’s twisted beasts.
DM: Also with the stack of papers was a map, labeling the town where those three are missed. It is only a little out of your way.
Æthelmyr: We need to find Arda and put an end to this.
Eilir: Agreed.
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Knowledge (geography) [MOD:INT] [1d20+8 = 11]
dublish (Æthelmyr): Do I know where we are on the map?
Xenia: That lady is getting on my nerves.
DM: yes, you can tell pretty easily your approximate location
Keah (Eilir): the map had Xs where we’d been, right?
Campaign saved.
Æthelmyr: Let’s find this place before the trail gets too cold.
Keah (Eilir): also, we looted the corpse, right?
DM: It marks the town where you last were, the town named on the missing person posters with the abominations’ sketched faces, as well as Parnath and other major landmarks.
Bo-Taar: Agreed
DM: When you are done looking over the papers, you proceed on down the road. The countryside is dotted with signs of rural life, though you spy unusually little activity for this time of year.
Eilir: Looks like everyone’s as friendly as the last place.
Æthelmyr: Keep your eyes peeled. I don’t think it’s that they’re unfriendly.
Campaign saved.
Eilir: Wary then.
DM: As dusk falls, you see a tiny hamlet. It proves to be little more than a few traders’ shops set up around an old travellers’ lodge.
Bo-Taar: Lets see if they’ll serve us here
Campaign saved.
DM: The place is one of the shelters set up by followers of Farlanghn, patron of the roads. It is open to all, and never locked. This particular outpost has obviously not been tended by a cleric in many years, but it does show signs of fairly recent use. Right now, though, it is empty.
Æthelmyr: Weird.
Æthelmyr: Do you think they’ll mind if we stay the night?
ElectricCaveman: the locals or the absent clerics?
Eilir: Doesn’t seem so. Let’s get some rest.
Æthelmyr: I call top bunk!
Æthelmyr: If there are bunks, I mean.
Æthelmyr: Otherwise, whatever.
DM: You climb the stairs out of the sparce common room to find half a dozen simple rooms packed with beds. The simple matresses are in bad shape, but otherwise everything seems to be in good repair.
DM: Want to do anything before rest?
Eilir: We should post a watch. Just in case.
Æthelmyr: Heal Bo-Taar, maybe Denzil, too.
Campaign saved.
Sam (Xenia): yep
Æthelmyr: And then bed.
Xenia -> [HEAL] Cure Light Wounds [1d8+1 = 9]
Heal [9] -> [to Denzil]
Xenia -> [HEAL] Cure Light Wounds [1d8+5 = 6]
Heal [6] -> [to Bo-Taar]
Xenia -> [HEAL] Cure Light Wounds [1d8+5 = 13]
Heal [12] -> [to Bo-Taar]
Avaril the Average -> Taking overnight rest.
Eilir -> Taking overnight rest.
Xenia: There. Now everyone feels much better, I hope. Sleep well!
Æthelmyr -> Taking overnight rest.
Xenia -> Taking overnight rest.
Bo-Taar -> Taking overnight rest.
Denzil -> Taking overnight rest.
DM: The night passes uneventfully in the creaky old lodge.
Campaign saved.
Æthelmyr: I can’t believe nobody would be here.
Æthelmyr goes downstairs, wondering if there might be clues.
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Search [1d20+9 = 21]
DM: You find nothing extraordinary about the room. The simple tables, fireplace, and hearth are old, but they keep no secrets.
Æthelmyr: Time to be on our way then.
Æthelmyr leaves, assuming everybody else comes with her.
DM: Does everyone else go with her?
Keah (Eilir): yep
David (Bo-Taar): yes
Campaign saved.
Sam (Xenia): I’m not getting left behind in creepy-town.
Æthelmyr: So everyone goes.
DM: This day’s trek passes uneventfully. You branch away from your current road mid-morning to head toward the town marked on the map.
DM: Late in the afternoon, you find the town. It is the first place you’ve been on these plains where the citizens don’t immediately make themselves scarce when they see you coming.
Æthelmyr: Friendlies! That’s a nice change.
Eilir: Let’s see if anyone’s seen anything weird lately.
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Gather Information [1d20+5 = 24]
DM: Rather, when someone spots you, a small hubbub spreads. As you enter the town, a trio of elderly human men come to greet you.
Eilir: Oh.
Campaign saved.
Elder: Hail, travelers! Come you to our aid?
Eilir: We didn’t know you had a problem, but we’d be happy to help.
Æthelmyr: Actually, yes! Maybe.
Æthelmyr: Has a drow been kidnapping your townsfolk and subjecting them to horrific experiments, binding their flesh to that of monsters?
Æthelmyr: If so, then we are here to help.
Eilir: Æthelmyr, I don’t think it’s wise to just volunteer information like that…
Elder: Well, we don’t know about Drow, but our local champions did go missing. I would hope they did not suffer such a grim fate.
Elder: Such a group as yours, in this part of the world, must have some talents that could help.
Eilir: You’re the first place we’ve encountered in a while who seem to like adventurers.
Eilir: As I said, we’d be happy to help.
Campaign saved.
Eilir: Can you give us any information on the situation? You say they went missing?
Elder: They did. I’m sure in your journey you’ve heard of the mysterious disturbance that has been driving various monsters out of their usual domains?
Eilir: It’s been mentioned. And we’ve encountered a few of these creatures.
Elder: Well, whatever happend so many weeks ago that upset such vermin happened not far from here. Our champions went to investigate, but they never returned.
Campaign saved.
Bo-Taar: Do you know where they went?
Bo-Taar: Exactly?
Elder: We have a good idea where this dark epicenter lies, as you would not be the first to seek out our heroes. Some have returned, some have not.
Eilir: Are any that have returned still here?
Elder: None who returned have even gained entrance to the sunken temple which they found.
Elder: I am afraid they are not. They returned to protect their own homes from the chaos the temple’s appearance has spread.
Eilir: So the temple recently appeared. It wasn’t there before?
Elder: Before this turmoil began, we did not know of it.
Bo-Taar: How far away is it?
Elder: No more than a few hours on horseback.
Campaign saved.
Eilir: Do you have horses to lend? Not having to go on foot would be a welcome change of pace.
Elder: If you will seek the place out, we will offer what aid we can.
Keah (Eilir): i didn’t realise horses were so cheap. i might buy a horse at some point.
Æthelmyr: Horses, definitely.
Eilir: Please.
Elder: We can arrange it.
DSM (Avaril the Average): I’m going to buy two.
Keah (Eilir): one to carry all your stuff?
Elder: Is there anything else you will need for your preparations?
Keah (Eilir): or we could get a carriage.
Eilir: Hm… I think I’m good to go.
DSM (Avaril the Average): One for each foot.
Avaril the Average: I will need two waterskins of blood if you can affor to spare it.
Campaign saved.
Elder (uneasy): Umm… perhaps we can spare a chicken or rabbit, if that would suffice you?
Eilir: You can ignore the wizard. The rest of us do.
Avaril the Average: Human blood will be the only functioning regeant. I suppose I can do without until I return.
Æthelmyr: I’ve been meaning to get a blanket and a tent. Do you have any of those?
Avaril the Average leans on Eilir.
Avaril the Average: Ignore me now. Nyeeeeeh
Eilir ignores him.
DSM (Avaril the Average): Damn.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Nicely done.
Keah (Eilir): she’s had lots of practise.
Elder: Yes, we do. But do you need that for your quest?
Eilir: I don’t think you want to haul a tent on this mission if you don’t have to.
DSM (Avaril the Average): Assuming this finishes with "time to spare" (I figure SamNDavid are sleepy time tonight) then we can do ToEE char gen!
Æthelmyr: Yes, I need them. And a horse.
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Bluff [1d20+11 = 12]
dublish (Æthelmyr): Shoot.
Elder: Well, we would be happy to provide them, though I do not see the point myself.
Æthelmyr: I’m just kidding.
Elder: Ah.
Æthelmyr: When we get back though, we can deal.
DSM (Avaril the Average): Or no deal.
DSM (Avaril the Average): Eating real quick. Back in 10.
Campaign saved.
Elder: I am afraid we cannot offer much by way of reward, but we will do what we can to help you. I trust the treasures you can recover from this mysterious structure will help compensate for your risk.
Elder: That is usually the way of things for those in your line of work, yes?
Eilir: Yes.
Elder: Very good. How much time will you need to prepare yourselves?
Eilir: As long as it takes to saddle a horse, unless someone has something else he needs to do.
Bo-Taar: We should be ready
Elder: Oh, very well. We expected to need to prepare lodgings. We will see to your mounts immediately.
Campaign saved.
Elder: If you would not mind, if there is nothing you need, we would appreciate it if you would stay at the edge of town. We are thankful for your aid, but we are not accustomed to people as… varied as yourselves. We would prefer not to upset our citizens.
Eilir: Avaril is a little odd, isn’t he?
Sam (Xenia): haha
Elder: If there is nothing else you need of us, we will obtain horses for you. I believe we can find at least one large enough…
Elder: Yes, surely.
Xenia: oooh, got a little species-ism up in here! haha
Sam (Xenia): oops. OOC
ElectricCaveman: darn.
Keah (Eilir): Nah. we just need a horse big enough for avaril’s ego.
Campaign saved.
DM: The three of them depart a bit awkwardly.
Xenia: hmph. Varied group indeed. You’d think they’d be a little nicer to the people who are going to save their lives. Even if only 2 of us look human.
Eilir: Three. Don’t forget Denzil.
Sam (Xenia): well, Eilir looks like a human with a tanning addiction. But I don’t think thats a thing here.
Sam (Xenia): don’t you have wierd colored skin?
DM: Denzil is half-elf.
Keah (Eilir): true. but i figured elves would be more accepted than aethelmyr and bo-taar. shouldn’t assume, though, i guess.
Sam (Xenia): oh, I was counting denzil. So Avaril is the only normal looking one. appearancs can be deceiving and all that.
Campaign saved.
DM: After some time passes, the three elders come back with a few awe-struck young stable hands, leading half a dozen saddled horses. Five are lean riding horses, but the sixth is a bulky work horse, obviously less accustomed to its saddle.
DSM (Avaril the Average): BACK THERE WERE SO MANY POTATOS SORRY
DSM (Avaril the Average): POTATOS ARE FUCKING DELICIOUS MIND YOU
Elder: Here are horses for your use. They are all reliable animals. We have also sketched out a few of the landmarks that will guide you on your way.
DSM (Avaril the Average): Hey man it’s super fun to make fun of people when they aren’t there to defend themselves.
ElectricCaveman: You missed out on the racism!
Keah (Eilir): potatoes?
Keah (Eilir): you did.
DSM (Avaril the Average): THEY ARE SO GOOD BECAUSE THEY ARE POTATOS
DSM (Avaril the Average): ALSO I READ IT BECAUSE THAT BAR SCROLLS UP AND DOWN AND READING
DSM (Avaril the Average): WORDS ARE FOR READ
Æthelmyr keeps as innocent a look possible as she spreads her wings as far as she can.
Campaign saved.
Eilir: Are you planning to fly instead?
Æthelmyr: What, with all this stuff?
Æthelmyr: No way.
Eilir: Just wondering.
Æthelmyr: Useless wings.
DM: The elders manage to keep themselves composed, but the kinds helping them begin whispering eagerly and nervously to each other.
Eilir: Let’s get out of here before we cause a ruckus.
DM: The horses, true to the elder’s word, don’t seem bothered a bit.
Æthelmyr: Thanks for the horses!
Æthelmyr: I promise not to eat them!
Æthelmyr is speaking :
Do you think I’m overdoing it?
Translated Draconic: Do you think I’m overdoing it?
Avaril the Average: Yes, that’s surely to earn their trust.
Eilir is speaking :
Overdoing what? I don’t even know what you’re doing.
Translated Draconic: Overdoing what? I don’t even know what you’re doing.
Æthelmyr: Never mind.
Keah (Eilir): Avaril’s draconic isn’t great.
Avaril the Average: I promise this thing, and then I will immediately speak in some language they don’t understand.
Keah (Eilir): No wait. All the draconic confused me. He spoke in common.
Elder: Um, yes. Well, we wish you good fortune in your task this evening.
Eilir: Thank you. We’ll do our best.
Eilir mounts up and heads out.
David (Bo-Taar): off we go
Keah (Eilir): i’ll pick up denzil just in case.
Campaign saved.
DM: You ride off into the open prairie. The directions the elder provided prove superfluous, as it’s a straight shot and the headding he sent you on was true.
Avaril the Average: I’m keeping this horse.
Avaril the Average: It seems decent. It hasn’t died on us yet.
Eilir: Or run away? The other horses didn’t die. They just got scared.
Avaril the Average: They better not want their horse back. Because it won’t happen.
Avaril the Average pets the horse a lot.
Avaril the Average: Good horsie.
DM: A dark smudge appears in the featureless grass at dusk. It resolves into a sunken building, as you were told. It lacks any markings that you can identify, but its purpose seems obvious. Its stone walls are carved with intricate, abstract patterns and runes of some long-forgotten alphabet.
Æthelmyr: Creepycreepycreepy.
Campaign saved.
DM: The high peak of the roof rises above the soil, but the heavy marble doors have been dug out. A soft dirt ramp leads down, left by some previous explorer.
Eilir: We should find a good place to tie up the horses. I don’t think we should take them inside.
Avaril the Average: Well no kidding.
Avaril the Average: Horses don’t go in buildings.
Avaril the Average: Fool.
Avaril the Average scoffs.
Eilir looks around for a decent place to leave the horses.
DM: The land is filled with tall grass, but little more substantial. The only approximation of a hitching post you see are slender stone spires rising from the corners of the building, rising as high as an elf above the earth.
Æthelmyr: That’ll have to do.
Keah (Eilir): ninja’d
Eilir: Let’s tie up the horses and go have a look around.
Æthelmyr: Arda obviously wants us to be here, I wonder if she already knows we’ve arrived.
Campaign saved.
Eilir: I’ll buy that maybe the champions’ disappearance is her doing, but what about the temple? Think it’s related to the Drow in any way?
Æthelmyr: Part of me thinks it was just ruins before Arda came, took the place over, and started making her pets.
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Knowledge (architecture/engineering) [MOD:INT] [1d20+8 = 13]
dublish (Æthelmyr): I don’t suppose I recognize anything.
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Knowledge (history) [MOD:INT] [1d20+8 = 26]
DSM (Avaril the Average): As high as an elf? What about a human? Or an orc? Or anything that approximates 5-7 feet?
Avaril the Average: [SKILL] Spooky [1d20 = 11]
DSM (Avaril the Average): Oops, that was supposed to be knowledge spooky. : (
ElectricCaveman: An elf is less high than a human is less high than an orc.
Keah (Denzil): but with enough weed, we’re all high.
DM: You don’t know any stories about this place. You can’t tell anything useful from its design, either.
DSM (Avaril the Average): : |
DM: You’re pretty certain it is at least moderately creepy, though.
Campaign saved.
Denzil: Let’s go inside!
Æthelmyr: Ugh, alright.
Æthelmyr shivers.
Eilir: It’s going to be dark inside… Why is everything always dark inside?
DSM (Avaril the Average): I can fix that….
Avaril the Average: Nope, in character.
Avaril the Average: I can fix that.
DSM (Avaril the Average): GOD DAMNIT THINGS! NO, FUCK, DONE, QUITTING
DM: You tie up the horses and approach the massive marble doors in the pit?
dublish (Æthelmyr): Yes.
Bo-Taar: yep
dublish (Æthelmyr): I check for traps.
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Search [1d20+9 = 19]
DM: hold on
Keah (Eilir): THERE’S A TRAP BEFORE THE DOOR!
Keah (Eilir): i’m so glad i remember to make that ooc.
Campaign saved.
DM: As you step into the pit, a massive swarm of insects surges out of the dirt, filling the air for scores of yards on every side of the pit.
Xenia: ewwwwww
DM: As the biting bugs swirl around you all, the horses begin to panic as they too are overtaken.
Eilir: Greeeeeeat…
DSM (Avaril the Average): Is this to say roll initiative? Or is this just for flavor?
DM: Swarm Damage [2d6 = 5]
Damage [5] -> [to Avaril the Average]
Damage [5] -> [to Eilir]
Damage [5] -> [to Æthelmyr]
Damage [5] -> [to Xenia]
Æthelmyr: Omigods can anyone breathe fire?!
Damage [5] -> [to Denzil]
Damage [5] -> [to Bo-Taar]
Keah (Eilir): I hate swarms. I’m a one-person-at-a-time fighter. :S
DM: So, do stuff.
Keah (Eilir): i was just looking through denzil’s invo to see what he had, and my thought when i saw the turban was "at least his mind is safe"
Eilir -> [INIT] [1d20+2 = 16]
Keah (Eilir): ?
Denzil -> [INIT] [1d20+4 = 7]
Avaril the Average -> [INIT] [1d20+2 = 9]
Campaign saved.
[w] Eilir: oh hey, do i get another pp for updating my charsheet? is that still a thing?
[w] -> Eilir: oh, yes, you do
[w] Eilir: okay. i’ll update my total then.
Æthelmyr -> [INIT] [1d20+5 = 17]
Xenia -> [INIT] [1d20+1 = 5]
Bo-Taar -> [INIT] [1d20+2 = 3]
DSM (Avaril the Average): HAHAHAHAHAHAH!
DSM (Avaril the Average): Get it out of the way.
Keah (Eilir): eilir and aethelmyr are so read yfor these bugs.
[ROUND 1]
[TURN] Æthelmyr
Æthelmyr -> [ATTACK (M)] Claws (primary) [FULL] [1d20+5 = 7]
Attack [7] -> [at Insect Cloud] [MISS]
Æthelmyr -> [ATTACK #2 (M)] Claws (primary) [FULL] [1d20+5 = 19]
Attack [19] -> [at Insect Cloud] [HIT]
Æthelmyr -> [DAMAGE (M)] Claws (primary) [TYPE: piercing,slashing] [1d3+2 = 3]
Damage [3] -> [to Insect Cloud]
Æthelmyr -> [ATTACK (M)] Tail slap [1d20 = 5]
Attack [5] -> [at Insect Cloud] [MISS]
[TURN] Eilir
DM: Your claws do no good against the tiny flying bugs.
Campaign saved.
dublish (Æthelmyr): I really just wanted to hit them with my tail.
Keah (Eilir): did we determine my touch spells affect one individual member of the swarm or the swarm itself?
Campaign saved.
ElectricCaveman: Did we lose Eilir?
Keah (Eilir): I asked a question and was waiting for an answer.
ElectricCaveman: Oh, that just popped up on my window, sorry.
Keah (Eilir): that’s okay.
ElectricCaveman: Yes, spells that target one creature only hit a single member of a swarm.
Keah (Eilir): but a regular attack with a weapon targets the whole swarm?
DM: yes
Keah (Eilir): Okay. I’ll just full attack then.
Eilir -> [ATTACK (M)] Bilyeklo [1d20+10 = 12]
Keah (Eilir): oops.
Keah (Eilir): dooooes that hit?
DM: nope
Eilir -> [ATTACK #2 (M)] Bilyeklo [1d20+5 = 10]
Attack [10] -> [at Insect Cloud] [MISS]
Keah (Eilir): okaythen
[TURN] Avaril the Average
Campaign saved.
DSM (Avaril the Average): I’ve got a few things that could hit EVERYTHING! But… You know…
Avaril the Average -> [ATTACK (M)] Quarterstaff [1d20+3 = 5]
DSM (Avaril the Average): Is there supposed to be a map?
DM: no
DSM (Avaril the Average): Cool.
[TURN] Denzil
DM: Were you all at the top of the ramp when the insects attacked?
DM: Or were you more spread out?
Keah (Eilir): Aethelmyr usually takes the lead, and Avaril likes to stay behind everyone.
Campaign saved.
David (Bo-Taar): i figured we were in a line
DM: Denzil’s turn.
Keah (Eilir): oh! right. that’s me. sorry.
Denzil -> [ATTACK (M)] Mwk Elvencraft Longbow [1d20+8 = 28]
Attack [28] -> [at Insect Cloud] [AUTOMATIC HIT]
Denzil -> [ATTACK (M)] Mwk Elvencraft Longbow [CONFIRM] [1d20+8 = 16]
Attack [16] -> [at Insect Cloud] [CRIT NOT CONFIRMED]
Keah (Eilir): can’t crit swarms anyway…
Denzil -> [DAMAGE (M)] Mwk Elvencraft Longbow [MULT:1.5] [TYPE: bludgeoning] [1d6+1 = 3]
Damage [0] -> [to Insect Cloud] [RESISTED]
Denzil -> [ATTACK #2 (M)] Mwk Elvencraft Longbow [1d20+3 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at Insect Cloud] [HIT]
Denzil -> [DAMAGE (M)] Mwk Elvencraft Longbow [MULT:1.5] [TYPE: bludgeoning] [1d6+1 = 6]
Damage [0] -> [to Insect Cloud] [RESISTED]
Keah (Eilir): : /
[TURN] Xenia
DM: The weapon is not effective against the diminuative insects.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Hmm.
Xenia -> [ATTACK (M)] Deep Crystal Githka [1d20+5 = 20]
Attack [20] -> [at Insect Cloud] [HIT]
Xenia -> [ATTACK (M)] Deep Crystal Githka [1d20+5 = 11]
Xenia -> [DAMAGE (M)] Deep Crystal Githka [MULT:1.5] [TYPE: slashing(x3)] [1d10+3 = 11]
Damage [0] -> [to Insect Cloud] [RESISTED]
Sam (Xenia): flails at the insects in disgust.
Keah (Eilir): swarms aren’t resistant to every kind of damage, are they?
Xenia: This isn’t workingggggggg!
Æthelmyr: Everyone, just get away and let the wizard kill them!
Campaign saved.
Keah (Eilir): crap. i had a plan for denzil’s turn, too, and i forgot to do it. oh well.
[TURN] Bo-Taar
David (Bo-Taar): are swarms easy to hit?
DM: Hit yes, damage no
David (Bo-Taar): ok so i’ll power attack 4
Keah (Eilir): power attack half your bab? that’s usually fairly safe.
Sam (Xenia): you squished a swarm of bats once, right? so maybe the hammer works.
Keah (Eilir): yes
Bo-Taar -> [ATTACK (M)] Adamantine Goliath Greathammer (Large) (-4) [1d20+10 = 29]
Attack [29] -> [at Insect Cloud] [HIT]
Bo-Taar -> [DAMAGE (M)] Adamantine Goliath Greathammer (Large) [MULT:1.5] (+8) [TYPE: bludgeoning,adamantine(x4)] [3d6+18 = 32]
Damage [0] -> [to Insect Cloud] [RESISTED]
David (Bo-Taar): ok i’ll just be done then
Keah (Eilir): wait… they resisted 32 damage?
DM: The insects scatter before your hammer like dust in the air. You squish a couple, but nothing to hinder the swarm.
Keah (Eilir): ooooh.
Keah (Eilir): stupid bugs.
Eilir: Avaril, do you know Fireball yet?
David (Bo-Taar): how big is the swarm? can i run out? or am i going to take swarm damage next turn?
DM: The swarm extends far enough that you can’t see the edge through the flying bugs.
Campaign saved.
[TURN] Insect Cloud
DM: [DAMAGE (M)] Swarm Attack [TYPE: piercing,slashing,bludgeoning] [2d6 = 8]
Damage [8] -> [to Æthelmyr]
Damage [8] -> [to Eilir]
Damage [8] -> [to Avaril the Average] [MODERATE DAMAGE]
Damage [8] -> [to Denzil]
Damage [8] -> [to Xenia]
Damage [8] -> [to Bo-Taar]
[ROUND 2]
[TURN] Æthelmyr
Æthelmyr moves out of the swarm’s location.
DM: Anyone who is standing by the top of the ramp can make a Spot check.
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Spot [1d20+10 = 23]
Sam (Xenia): is there a map I can’t see? Or is anyone who hasn’t moved by the ramp?
Denzil -> [SKILL] Spot [1d20+9 = 24]
Eilir -> [SKILL] Spot [1d20+1 = 16]
Xenia -> [SKILL] Spot [1d20+4 = 11]
DM: There is no map. You’re wherever you were when the insects appeared.
[w] -> Æthelmyr: You notice that the insects are not going below ground level in the pit.
[w] -> Denzil: You notice that the insects are not going below ground level in the pit.
Campaign saved.
Æthelmyr: Get down into the pit! There’s no bugs down there!
Æthelmyr follows her own advice.
[TURN] Eilir
Eilir: Also follows Æthelmyr’s advice.
Keah (Eilir): my dad just came and chewed me out for not bringing the router back downstairs, even though he has access downstairs so it’s not actually a problem. :S
[TURN] Avaril the Average
Avaril the Average: Weird.
DSM (Avaril the Average): Weird.
DSM (Avaril the Average): I’m pretty sure any AoE I use will hit everyone right?
Keah (Eilir): he gets onto me for the stupidest stuff sometimes. it’s HIS! so it belongs where he wants it. even though i’m the one who maintains the thing.
Keah (Eilir): probably.
DM: There’s plenty of bug-space that is not being inhabited by the party.
Campaign saved.
DSM (Avaril the Average): 20-2t.-radius spread of space?
DM: The bugs spread out further than you can see through them. At least scores of yards in every direction.
DM: And just as high up
Avaril the Average -> [CAST] Fireball
Avaril the Average -> [ATTACK (R)] Fireball [TOUCH] [1d20+4 = 19]
Avaril the Average -> [DAMAGE] Fireball [TYPE: fire,spell] [5d6 = 15]
Damage [15] -> [to Insect Cloud]
DSM (Avaril the Average): Do DM magic.
DSM (Avaril the Average): Woo, 15… : /
Eilir: :(
Keah (Eilir): fireball is a touch attack?
DSM (Avaril the Average): No?
DSM (Avaril the Average): I just dragged the one from the FG book.
[TURN] Denzil
ElectricCaveman: The point of origin sort of acts like a ray. It probably confused the parser.
DSM (Avaril the Average): They’re at light damage. Therefore: Run into the temple. WE WERE NOT MEANT TO WIN!
Keah (Eilir): ah.
Keah (Eilir): poor horses.
Campaign saved.
Keah (Eilir): ohright
Keah (Eilir): how long of an action is lighting a torch?
DM: standard
Keah (Eilir): okay. he’ll do that and move down the ramp.
Keah (Eilir): who has the flasks of oil?
Keah (Eilir): oh. i have one.
[TURN] Xenia
User ‘Keah’ has gone AFK.
Xenia: follows Aethelmyr to the pit.
Xenia -> [CAST] Sound Burst [at Insect Cloud]
Insect Cloud -> [SAVE] Fortitude [VS DC 14] [SUCCESS] [1d20 = 19]
Xenia -> [DAMAGE] Sound Burst [TYPE: sonic,spell] [1d8 = 1]
Damage [1] -> [to Insect Cloud]
Campaign saved.
Sam (Xenia): that was lame.
[TURN] Bo-Taar
Sam (Xenia): that is why I don’t do offensive spells. Or rather, further evidence that I suck at them when I do try.
David (Bo-Taar): bo-taar jumps down into the pit
[TURN] Insect Cloud
Keah (Eilir): it did 1 damage!
DM: [DAMAGE (M)] Swarm Attack [TYPE: piercing,slashing,bludgeoning] [2d6 = 8]
Keah (Eilir): sam. sam. you did more damage than bo-taar.
DM: You hear the shrieks of the horses, piercing painfully through the buzzing of the monstrous swarm, come to an agonized end.
Æthelmyr: Damn.
Sam (Xenia): dear
[ROUND 3]
[TURN] Æthelmyr
Keah (Eilir): horses don’t have many hp.
Æthelmyr: Welp, that didn’t go well. Let’s head inside, shall we?
Bo-Taar: hopefully it’ll be gone when we get back
Æthelmyr checks for traps.
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Search [1d20+9 = 25]
[TURN] Eilir
[w] -> Æthelmyr: You do not find anything suspect with the doors.
Eilir -> [SKILL] Knowledge (Nature) [MOD:INT] (+5) [1d20+11 = 31]
Keah (Eilir): Do I know anything about these bugs?
[w] -> Eilir: the bugs are similar to locusts, but are not natural in origin.
[w] Eilir: would another type of knowledge tell me more then?
Campaign saved.
[w] Eilir: i’m trained in all the creature identifying ones now.
[w] -> Eilir: Arcane or spellcraft
Eilir -> [SKILL] Knowledge (Arcana) [MOD:INT] (+5) [1d20+18 = 36]
Keah (Eilir): I KNOW THINGS!
Keah (Eilir): lots of things.
[w] Eilir: take 5 from that if i’m not actually identifying the creatures and it’s a spell.
[w] -> Eilir: The swarm is a product of an arcane conjuration.
Eilir: I think they’ll be gone when we get back.
Eilir: Let’s go.
Æthelmyr: Onward!
Campaign saved.
DM: Who’s trying the doors?
David (Bo-Taar): we’re going to need to bail here relatively soon, early day tomorrow, if we’re near a stopping point.
ElectricCaveman: yeah, probably
Keah (Eilir): Æthelmyr was searching them for traps, so i assume she tries them.
Æthelmyr: Doors are clear.
Æthelmyr opens the doors.
DM: The heavy stone doors swing open ponderously, but smoothly and silently.
Campaign saved.
DM: They open into a tall square chamber, 25’ to a side. The walls are covered in heavy plaster, and the floors are of carefully laid gray stone tile. On the far side, a hall leads off into deep shadows. Everything is old and dingy, thick with cobwebs and soft dust.
Keah (Eilir): And we have a lit torch, so we can see it all!
DM: Well, the door is open, too.
ElectricCaveman: for now… wuahahahahaha
Keah (Eilir): yes.
Keah (Eilir): anyway
Eilir: Æthelmyr, you just keep checking for traps. We don’t need any surprised if we can help it.
Campaign saved.
Keah (Eilir): do we want to just stop here then?
Æthelmyr: Into the shadowy temple of doom!
DSM (Avaril the Average): Is this supposed to be a mpa because it’s el blanko.
DSM (Avaril the Average): Is that right Sam?
DSM (Avaril the Average): HAHA CLOSE AND REOPEN FIX
DM: As you proceed into the room, the heavy doors slam closed of their own accord.
Æthelmyr: CREEPYCREEPYCREEPY.
DM: With the insects’ buzzing gone, you can hear the gentle singing of a girl-child echoing down the halls.
Eilir: Huh.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Oh, I spoke too soon, that’s not creepyTHAT’STHECREEPIESTTHING.
Campaign saved.
Keah (Eilir): i wrote a short story like this once…
DSM (Avaril the Average): As a matter of fact: Little girls aren’t scary. The Ring thought they were, FEAR thought they were, and many other things think they are. But they fucking aren’t. Little girls aren’t creepy or scary, they’re just fucking stupid.
Keah (Eilir): i had a reason for my little girl, though, beyond trying to be creepy. so i feel at least marginally justified.
ElectricCaveman: Are we stopping?
Keah (Eilir): this seems like a good stopping spot to me. we’ve set the scene, and we’re ready to go explore.
Keah (Eilir): session on saturday?
David (Bo-Taar): leave on a nice creepy note
Sam (Xenia): we can do saturday. for real this time.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Eh, alright.
ElectricCaveman: I think I’m free Saturday.
Keah (Eilir): calendar says everyone but me is free all day. i’ve got work until about 1.
Campaign saved.
Keah (Eilir): okay. logging.
‘Keah’ disconnected

Session 35 Chat Log

The Legs of Lolth dublish