Session 34 Chat Log


Chat log started at 7.9.2013 / 18:50:16

3.5E v2.9.3 ruleset for Fantasy Grounds II. Copyright 2012 Smiteworks USA, LLC.
Languages v2.5 Extension for FGII 3.5E ruleset by Tenian (converted to 3.5E by Trenloe & Callum). Copyright 2011 Smiteworks. This extension uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC, which are used under Paizo’s Community Use Policy. We are expressly prohibited from charging you to use or access this content. This extension is not published, endorsed, or specifically approved by Paizo Publishing. For more information about Paizo’s Community Use Policy, please visit paizo.com/communityuse. For more information about Paizo Publishing and Paizo products, please visit paizo.com.
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
‘Keah’ connected
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
‘David’ connected
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
‘dublish’ connected
‘Sam’ connected
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
Xenia: [1d8 = 5]
Campaign saved.
DSM’ connected
Campaign saved.
Sam (Xenia): is fg working? all my things just broke!
Keah (Eilir): yes. it’s working.
Sam (Xenia): good. The internet and TS just quit at the same time.
Campaign saved.
Denzil: +2 [1d8+2 = 9]
Denzil: +2 [9]
Denzil: +2 [9]
Campaign saved.
DSM’ disconnected
DSM’ connected
Avaril the Average: [1d8 = 7]
Avaril the Average: [1d20 = 18]
Campaign saved.
Last time on… The Legs of Lolth:
DM: The party just killed off a few Drow and the cult they led against you. There are a couple Illithids munching on the rest of the cultists just down the cave.
DM: The leader, however, teleported away with most of her loot.
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
DM: What do you do now?
Eilir: Loot the bodies?
Æthelmyr: Well, that’s just great.
Æthelmyr: Another drow escapes.
Æthelmyr: We’re not very good at fighting them.
Eilir: We should fix that.
Bo-Taar: they are very good at running away
Æthelmyr: Anything else of note down here, or are we good to go?
David (Bo-Taar): loot everything!
Keah (Eilir): loot time
Campaign saved.
DM: You gather up what the Drow left behind. While you are going through it, the Illithids come to get you, informing you that the rest of the cult is dead or fled. They lead you to where they were quartered, and you gather more loot there.
Avaril the Average: [1d4+1 = 5]
Campaign saved.
Æthelmyr takes the shield, and maybe the mirror
Keah (Eilir): 435gp per person
Campaign saved.
DSM (Avaril the Average): I take the dyes, perfumes, and the cask.
Campaign saved.
Æthelmyr -> [CAST] Detect Magic
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
DM: Your loot has been gathered. The Mind Flayers are happily munching on cultist brains. What are you going to do now?
Keah (Eilir): Did we just come here to kill the drow and then leave?
Æthelmyr: Well, our job here is done. Right?
Eilir: Looks like it. I doubt that archer is coming back any time soon.
Campaign saved.
Eilir: Let’s go back to that town and rest up. Again.
DM: You go out of the caves into the chilly night air, this time leaving through the main entrance. The Illithids direct you back into town, and then depart their own way.
Æthelmyr: And then we should find lend our gold at extortionate rates so that we don’t have to carry it everywhere but it will still do us some good.
Eilir: Um… Where did that idea come from?
Æthelmyr: You can’t tell me you’re not tired of carrying around 30 pounds of coins.
Eilir: Me could use a pack animal…
Æthelmyr: Yeah, we could all chip in.
Avaril the Average: You’ve been taking my alcohol…
Avaril the Average: Give it back.
Campaign saved.
Æthelmyr: Back to the inn!
DM: The town is quiet when you return. The innkeeper is nowhere to be seen as you slip back up to your rooms.
David (Bo-Taar): so that just took a couple hours huh?
Keah (Eilir): combat is 6s per round.
DM: Resting?
Campaign saved.
Keah (Eilir): yes please.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Resting!
Avaril the Average -> Taking overnight rest.
Eilir -> Taking overnight rest.
Æthelmyr -> Taking overnight rest.
Denzil -> Taking overnight rest.
Xenia -> Taking overnight rest.
Bo-Taar -> Taking overnight rest.
DM: What’s next?
Eilir: We get directions to the city we’re heading to. And have a nice breakfast.
Æthelmyr: Let’s go find Parnath.
Bo-Taar: Does anybody want to buy a nice foot rest?
Denzil: We could also use another healing wand.
Campaign saved.
‘Zero’ connected
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
‘David’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
‘dublish’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
‘Sam’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
DSM’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
‘Zero’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
‘Keah’ reconnected
‘Sam’ reconnected
DSM’ reconnected
‘dublish’ reconnected
‘David’ reconnected
‘Zero’ disconnected
Campaign saved.
Eilir performs a ritual
Æthelmyr: What’s that?
Æthelmyr: What are you doing?
Eilir: The ritual uses the dragon blood.
Æthelmyr: Ew!
Æthelmyr: What’s that doing?
Æthelmyr: Is that going to turn your thingamajig into a dragon claw?
Æthelmyr: That’d be pretty freaky.
Eilir: It’s already a dragon claw.
Æthelmyr: Whatever.
Eilir: Fang.
Æthelmyr: Is it going to make a dragon grow from the dragon fang?
Æthelmyr: That’d be pretty amazing.
Eilir: Not if it’s a white dragon.
Æthelmyr: Maybe we could take it.
Æthelmyr: It’d probably be distracted by all the food sleeping in the inn.
Campaign saved.
DM: Anything else you want to do in town?
DSM (Avaril the Average): Kill every innocent I can find by themselves and unable to prevent my wrath.
Æthelmyr: Are you done yet?
Campaign saved.
Eilir: Yep. I’m done.
Æthelmyr: Alright, let’s get out of this place.
Æthelmyr: Does this place even have a name?
DM: You received two sets of directions to get to Parnath. The locals recommend the long way, going all the way west to the Umber Road, up to Telerium, then back east. You can get there following the road north, but there are dangerous rumors about that part of the the world of late.
Æthelmyr: I kind of want to just head north.
Eilir: North sounds good to me.
Bo-Taar: Rumors dont scare me
Æthelmyr: Good.
Æthelmyr: I bet even if we went the long way, those stupid drow would attack us every other day or so.
Eilir: Good point.
Æthelmyr: Alright, onward.
Æthelmyr follows the north road.
Campaign saved.
DM: The road north winds through the hills. The day is mostly uneventful, and late in the afternoon, the terrain transitions from rugged hills to rolling plains.
DSM (Avaril the Average): That’s no moon…
DM: After about another hour’s walk, you spy a small village on the road ahead.
DSM (Avaril the Average): That’s no moon either.
Eilir: Shall we rest here or continue on?
Campaign saved.
Æthelmyr: Let’s rest.
Æthelmyr: If the rumors are true and crazy things are up this way, we should probably take this opportunity.
Bo-Taar: Agreed
Eilir: What’s with you and making good points lately?
Avaril the Average: Pot, kettle.
Æthelmyr: I always make good points.
Æthelmyr: You just don’t listen.
DM: You make your way into the village. There are a few people out, but they hurry away as soon as they notice you. These are the first people you’ve seen all day; the small farms you’ve seen could have been abandoned, for all you could tell.
Æthelmyr: Come back! We just want to sleep in your village!
Æthelmyr: Maybe we could just set up camp.
Campaign saved.
Æthelmyr: Right in the middle of the road.
Æthelmyr: That’ll show them.
DM: None of the people seem inclined to talk.
Æthelmyr: Hmph.
Æthelmyr: Not very sociable, are they?
David (Bo-Taar): Is there a tavern?
DM: You find a very small tavern on the far side of the village, though that’s still not far down the road.
Eilir: Let’s go check it out.
DM: The front door is locked.
Æthelmyr: Lame.
Eilir jiggles the handle.
Campaign saved.
Æthelmyr: How badly do we want alcohol?
Eilir: I just want to talk to someone. Think there’s a plague here, too?
Æthelmyr: Ugh. I hope not.
Æthelmyr: Let’s just go to sleep.
Æthelmyr: Build a campfire, cook something, and then go to sleep, I mean.
DM: What’s the plan?
Keah (Eilir): Everything is locked, so now I want to find out what’s going on.
Campaign saved.
DM: Someone needs to do something
DM: Even if it’s nothing
Avaril the Average: Bo-Taar. Break the tavern door open.
Eilir: Nooooo. That would be a bad idea.
Avaril the Average: I want a drink and a bed, and they’re required to serve us.
Eilir: Let’s find a spot to make camp where we won’t bother anyone.
Æthelmyr: It’s just a tavern, not an inn, and you already have drink.
Avaril the Average: Yes, and I want a higher quality one.
Æthelmyr: If they don’t want to talk to us, that’s their loss.
Avaril the Average: Either we open that door, or I open that door.
Bo-Taar: Lets just camp for tonight
Æthelmyr: Yep.
Eilir: We make camp.
DM: Where?
Æthelmyr finds an open area and unpacks her bedroll.
Keah (Eilir): Just out of the way of the tavern door? Lee side of the tavern?
Eilir: We should probably post a watch. Just in case.
Bo-Taar: I’ll watch first
Eilir: Okay.
Campaign saved.
Xenia: I’ll watch from false dawn until sunrise
Avaril the Average: Enjoy your watches. Fools.
DM: About 15 minutes after you start setting up, a man approaches you. He’s middle aged, and has obviously seen better days, but he carrys a bastard sword and half-plate armor like he knows how to use them.
Æthelmyr: Oh, hello!
man: I’m sorry, but you cannot stay here tonight.
Bo-Taar: Why not?
Æthelmyr: Don’t be silly, we’re not bothering anybody.
man: You don’t seem to be, but you still can’t stay in the village.
Æthelmyr: We can pay you.
Æthelmyr: We have silver.
man: I expect you do. But you’ll have to move out nonetheless.
Eilir: What’s going on that the village is so… suspicious?
Avaril the Average: Tell us why or we will kill you.
Bo-Taar: You never gave me a reason
Æthelmyr: And we just got done unpacking!
Campaign saved.
man: I owe you no explanation. And I don’t take kindly to threats.
Eilir: Ignore the wizard. The rest of us do.
Æthelmyr: How far’s the next village?
Avaril the Average: And we don’t take kindly to someone telling us we cannot camp outside under the stars and won’t give us a reason.
Avaril the Average: Tell us why we can’t stay here or we will kill you.
man: Now, I don’t think you want trouble, and neither do the people here. But they don’t want you around.
Avaril the Average: Well we’re exhausted and they won’t give us beds for the night. The best we can do is camp here now, and leave in the morning. You can accept this or you can tempt fate.
Avaril the Average: OR, you can give us a good reason and we can leave.
man: I have nothing against you myself, you understand. If you’re civil, I might be able to find a place out of the village. But if you’re inclined to keep on with your arrogance, you’ve got a lesson coming.
Avaril the Average: Tell us why. Give us a reason.
Eilir: Please. Teach him a lesson.
Avaril the Average: We’ll leave just as soon as you tell us why.
Campaign saved.
dublish (Æthelmyr): I really should have taken the concealed spellcasting skill trick.
man: The folks here don’t take kindly to strangers. Primarily because they think they can come through here and make whatever demands they want because they killed a few beasts with a bit of magic, or their parent was some powerful creature, or some other bit of arrogance.
Eilir: That’s a sound enough reason for me.
man: I promise you, whatever you think of yourselves, you are far from the toughest crew to come through these parts. Now, I’m trying to be civil myself. I’d prefer your cooperation.
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Sense Motive [1d20+6 = 7]
Avaril the Average: We have no DEMANDS. We simply wanted a place to stay for the evening. We would have paid. With real money.
Eilir: Unfortunate, but sound. Come on, let’s go.
Bo-Taar: We’ll move on
Æthelmyr: Yep, I bet he could take us all on himself.
man: You made nothing but threats and demands, young man. But the rest of you seem reasonable. You pack up. I’ll be back in a moment.
Æthelmyr packs up.
Eilir didn’t really have much to unpack in the first place.
DM: The man goes around the far side of the tavern. True to his word, it’s just a couple minutes before he’s back.
man: Alright, I got you a place to hunker down. Come along this way.
Eilir follows the man.
Campaign saved.
Æthelmyr follows Eilir.
DM: He begins walking down the road north, back out of the village.
DM: After about a mile, he peels off the main road and heads to a small farm.
man: The farmer here’s sold a few young horses this summer. There’s space in the stables. The well’s right behind there. Should be a bit better than open camping. Only thing we ask is you keep moving along first thing tomorrow.
Eilir: Thank you. We appreciate it.
Æthelmyr: Works for me.
man: I’ll be off now. Travel well. Hope we don’t meet again.
Campaign saved.
DM: With that, he gives a curt nod and head back to the road.
Æthelmyr: Well I’m happy big scary man didn’t kill us.
Æthelmyr unpacks again.
ElectricCaveman: Do I need to rest people again?
Keah (Eilir): i’m good.
[TURN] Eilir
David (Bo-Taar): i need rested, get some hp back?
DM: Everyone but Bo-Taar gets 1300 XP.
Campaign saved.
DM: Bo-taar gets 875.
Bo-Taar -> Taking overnight rest.
Denzil -> Taking overnight rest.
Æthelmyr -> Taking overnight rest.
DM: So, you camp for the night?
DM: Anything else before morning?
David (Bo-Taar): Nope
Æthelmyr has dreams, but won’t remember what they are.
Keah (Denzil): Anything ahppen before morning?
DM: nope
David (Bo-Taar): oh xenia could have healed more… whoops
Eilir: Then no. Nothing else before morning.
Campaign saved.
DM: You wake up the next morning and hit the road again.
Æthelmyr: Walking is so boring, walking is so boring.
Æthelmyr: Fields are almost as boring as deserts.
Bo-Taar: We should have asked for horses from that Efrete
DM: The roads are still all but abandoned. You trudge down the monotonous road between fields of tall crops.
Æthelmyr: We should have asked for magic transportation from that Efrete.
Æthelmyr: Better yet, we should have asked him to kill Lolth for us, or whatever.
DM: About mid-day, with the sun high in the sky, you get to make Spot and Listen checks.
Bo-Taar: That could have saved us some time, but I imagine even an Efrete’s powers are limited
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Spot [1d20+10 = 30]
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Listen [1d20+6 = 17]
Denzil -> [SKILL] Spot [1d20+9 = 12]
Bo-Taar -> [SKILL] Listen [1d20+10 = 19]
Denzil -> [SKILL] Listen [1d20+8 = 23]
Eilir -> [SKILL] Listen [1d20+1 = 13]
Eilir -> [SKILL] Spot [1d20+1 = 19]
Avaril the Average -> [SKILL] Listen [1d20+4 = 15]
Xenia -> [SKILL] Listen [1d20+3 = 19]
Avaril the Average -> [SKILL] Spot [1d20+7 = 16]
[w] -> Æthelmyr: You catch a flying form, diving toward you, trying to hide in the disk of the sun.
Æthelmyr: Above us, watch out!
Æthelmyr: Look, up in the sky!
Campaign saved.
Eilir: I look up. What do I see?
Æthelmyr: Look straight at the sun and you might see it.
dublish (Æthelmyr): A bird!
dublish (Æthelmyr): A plane!
Avaril the Average: Do you think if I talked with an abyssal accent the ladies would find it irresistably sexy?
Æthelmyr: Try it.
DM: You can just make out a winged figure swooping down toward you. As it approaches, its sillouette resolves into that of a large herd animal, but with wings like a dragon, and three heads. The center head is likewise dragon-like.
DM: Roll for initiative.
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Knowledge (arcana) [MOD:INT] [1d20+9 = 23]
Avaril the Average -> [INIT] [1d20+2 = 22]
Æthelmyr -> [INIT] [1d20+5 = 17]
Eilir -> [INIT] [1d20+2 = 20]
Denzil -> [INIT] [1d20+4 = 6]
Xenia -> [INIT] [1d20+1 = 16]
Eilir -> [SKILL] Knowledge (Arcana) [MOD:INT] (+5) [1d20+18 = 22]
Bo-Taar -> [INIT] [1d20+2 = 4]
Campaign saved.
[ROUND 1]
[TURN] Avaril the Average
DSM (Avaril the Average): Delay until relevant.
[TURN] Eilir
DM: The beast is still about 100 feet away, and equally as high.
[TURN] Flying Cow
DSM (Avaril the Average): So… Hypothagerium…. Therot… Huh.
DM: The beast swoops down swiftly. Without the back-lighting of the sun, you can see that it is a large bison, but with two bison heads. Between the two cow heads, a green dragon’s head snarls angrily. A pair of green dragon wings spread from its shoulders.
Xenia: what….the….
DM: As it sweeps down, it spews forth a blast of acidic gas.
Eilir: She even got dragon parts. I’m impressed.
Campaign saved.
DM: Denzil and Bo-Taar need to make Ref saves
Denzil -> [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+9 = 13]
Bo-Taar -> [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+4 = 18]
DM: [DAMAGE] Acid Gas [TYPE: acid] [3d8 = 14]
Damage [14] -> [to Bo-Taar]
Damage [14] -> [to Denzil]
Denzil: Ouch.
DSM (Avaril the Average): I want my turn now.
Bo-Taar: it burns
[TURN] Avaril the Average
DM: The monster is still about 10’ off the ground
[w] Avaril the Average: Can I summon undead ON it to land on it?
[w] -> Avaril the Average: I will say yes, you can summon the undead above it. The summoned creature will have to make grapple to hold on, or it will fall back to the ground.
DSM (Avaril the Average): Okay so…
Campaign saved.
Avaril the Average -> [CAST] Summon Undead III
DSM (Avaril the Average): There’s a zombie ogre on top of the thing trying to bring it down.
[TURN] Zombie, Ogre
DM: [GRAPPLE] [1d20+14 = 28]
DM: [GRAPPLE] [1d20+18 = 31]
DSM (Avaril the Average): I don’t know who’s who.
DM: The zombie was first.
DSM (Avaril the Average): Fuck.
DM: The ogre zombie lands on top of the chimeric creature. It tries to hold on, but the flying bison is able to dump it.
DM: [1d6 = 6]
Damage [1] -> [to Zombie, Ogre] [PARTIALLY RESISTED]
DM: falling damage
[TURN] Eilir
Eilir -> [CAST] Seeking Ray [at Flying Cow]
Eilir -> [ATTACK (R)] Seeking Ray [TOUCH] [1d20+9 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at Flying Cow] [HIT]
Eilir -> [DAMAGE] Seeking Ray [TYPE: electricity,spell] [4d6 = 18]
Damage [18] -> [to Flying Cow]
Campaign saved.
[TURN] Æthelmyr
Avaril the Average is speaking :
BRING IT DOWN!
Translated Abyssal: BRING IT DOWN!
Æthelmyr -> [CAST] Legion of Sentinels
Campaign saved.
Æthelmyr -> [CAST] Slow [at Flying Cow]
Flying Cow -> [SAVE] Will [VS DC 18] [FAILURE] [1d20+1 = 15]
Effect [‘AC: -1; ATK: -1; Reflex: -1’] [D:5] -> [to Flying Cow] [by Æthelmyr]
[TURN] Xenia
Xenia: I cast Bless.
Xenia -> [CAST] Bless
Xenia -> [CAST] Bless
Campaign saved.
[TOWER] GM -> [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+4 = 23]
[TOWER] GM -> [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+4 = 13]
[TOWER] GM -> [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+4 = 5]
[TOWER] GM -> [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+4 = 23]
Effect [‘ATK: 1 morale’] [D:40] -> [to Avaril the Average] [by Xenia]
Effect [‘ATK: 1 morale’] [D:40] -> [to Denzil] [by Xenia]
Effect [‘ATK: 1 morale’] [D:40] -> [to Eilir] [by Xenia]
Effect [‘ATK: 1 morale’] [D:40] -> [to Æthelmyr] [by Xenia]
[TURN] Denzil
Effect [‘ATK: 1 morale’] [D:40] -> [to Xenia]
Effect [‘ATK: 1 morale’] [D:40] -> [to Bo-Taar] [by Xenia]
Effect [‘ATK: 1 morale’] [D:40] -> [to Zombie, Ogre] [by Xenia]
Denzil -> [ATTACK (R)] +1 Elvencraft Composite Longbow [EFFECTS +1] (-2) [1d20+10 = 24]
Attack [24] -> [at Flying Cow] [DEF EFFECTS -1] [HIT]
Denzil -> [DAMAGE (R)] +1 Elvencraft Composite Longbow [TYPE: piercing,magic(x3)] [1d8+5 = 6]
Damage [6] -> [to Flying Cow]
Denzil -> [ATTACK (R)] +1 Elvencraft Composite Longbow [EFFECTS +1] (-2) [1d20+10 = 26]
Attack [26] -> [at Flying Cow] [DEF EFFECTS -1] [HIT]
Denzil -> [DAMAGE (R)] +1 Elvencraft Composite Longbow [TYPE: piercing,magic(x3)] [1d8+5 = 13]
Damage [13] -> [to Flying Cow] [MODERATE DAMAGE]
Denzil -> [ATTACK #2 (R)] +1 Elvencraft Composite Longbow [EFFECTS +1] (-2) [1d20+5 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at Flying Cow] [DEF EFFECTS -1] [HIT]
Denzil -> [DAMAGE (R)] +1 Elvencraft Composite Longbow [TYPE: piercing,magic(x3)] [1d8+5 = 8]
Damage [8] -> [to Flying Cow]
[TURN] Bo-Taar
Campaign saved.
User ‘Keah’ has gone AFK.
Bo-Taar -> [ATTACK (R)] Javelin (Large) [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+10 = 29]
Attack [29] -> [at Flying Cow] [DEF EFFECTS -1] [HIT]
Bo-Taar -> [DAMAGE (R)] Javelin (Large) [MULT:1] [TYPE: piercing] [1d8+6 = 13]
Damage [13] -> [to Flying Cow]
[ROUND 2]
[TURN] Flying Cow
[TOWER] GM -> [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+4 = 24]
[TOWER] GM -> [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+4 = 6]
[TOWER] GM -> [SAVE] Reflex [EFFECTS -1] [1d20+3 = 16]
[TOWER] GM -> [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+4 = 9]
[TOWER] GM -> [SAVE] Reflex [EFFECTS -1] [1d20+3 = 15]
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Greatclub [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+10 = 25]
Attack [25] -> [at Flying Cow] [DEF EFFECTS -1] [HIT]
DM: [DAMAGE (M)] Greatclub [MULT:1.5] [TYPE: bludgeoning] [2d8+9 = 19]
Damage [19] -> [to Flying Cow] [HEAVY DAMAGE]
Campaign saved.
DM: The flying bison beast is now about 25 feet high
[TURN] Avaril the Average
Avaril the Average -> [CAST] Summon Undead II
DSM (Avaril the Average): A bugbear zombie is now trying to ride it.
[TURN] Zombie, Ogre
[TURN] Zombie, Bugbear
DM: [GRAPPLE] [1d20+6 = 20]
DM: [GRAPPLE] [EFFECTS -1] [1d20+17 = 32]
DM: The bugbear zombie falls off the chimeric monster
DM: [1d6 = 4]
Damage [0] -> [to Zombie, Bugbear] [RESISTED]
[TURN] Zombie, Ogre
DSM (Avaril the Average): Wait, can it resist falling on its ass?
DM: yep, it’s bludgeoning damage.
DM: [ATTACK (R)] Javelin [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+2 = 10]
Attack [10] -> [at Flying Cow] [DEF EFFECTS -1] [HIT]
Campaign saved.
DM: no it doesn’t
[TURN] Eilir
Eilir -> [CAST] Seeking Ray [at Flying Cow]
Eilir -> [ATTACK (R)] Seeking Ray [TOUCH] [EFFECTS +1] (+4) [1d20+14 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at Flying Cow] [DEF EFFECTS -1] [HIT]
Eilir -> [DAMAGE] Seeking Ray [TYPE: electricity,spell] [4d6 = 13]
Damage [13] -> [to Flying Cow]
Effect [‘AC -1; ATK -1; REF: -1’] [D:5] -> [to Flying Cow] [by Æthelmyr]
[TURN] Æthelmyr
Æthelmyr -> [CAST] Whelm [at Flying Cow]
Flying Cow -> [SAVE] Will [VS DC 16] [SUCCESS] [1d20+1 = 21]
[TURN] Xenia
Campaign saved.
Xenia -> [CAST] Cure Light Wounds [at Æthelmyr]
Æthelmyr -> [SAVE] Will [VS DC 13] [SUCCESS] [1d20+6 = 15]
Xenia -> [HEAL] Cure Light Wounds [1d8+1 = 4]
Heal [4] -> [to Bo-Taar]
[TURN] Denzil
Denzil -> [ATTACK (R)] +1 Elvencraft Composite Longbow [EFFECTS +1] (-2) [1d20+10 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Flying Cow] [HIT]
Denzil -> [DAMAGE (R)] +1 Elvencraft Composite Longbow [TYPE: piercing,magic(x3)] [1d8+5 = 12]
Damage [12] -> [to Flying Cow] [DYING]
Æthelmyr: Good job, Denzil!
Denzil: Thank you.
Avaril the Average is speaking :
TEAR IT INTO THE TINIEST PIECES YOU CAN!
Translated Abyssal: TEAR IT INTO THE TINIEST PIECES YOU CAN!
Eilir: That one didn’t last very long.
Campaign saved.
Æthelmyr: Let’s loot it!
Eilir: Um… Okay. I doubt it has anything of value.
Æthelmyr: Then let’s get going.
Bo-Taar: That was…. interesting
Xenia: Indeed. I don’t like it here. The people are rude, and the wildlife is…unique.
DM: As the zombies pull little pieces off of the dead bison, Aethelmyr checks it over for stuff and finds a bundle of papers tied to it.
Æthelmyr: Found something!
Eilir: I’m pretty sure this isn’t natural wildlife. It has Arda written all over it.
Eilir: Really? What’d you find?
Æthelmyr: Blood and guts.
Eilir: That was expected. What else did you find?
Æthelmyr: Also, some papers.
Campaign saved.
Bo-Taar: What do they say?
DM: The top paper in the bundle is a hand-scrawled note that reads "This was a fun project. I’m glad you suggested it. Look forward to seeing you soon."
Æthelmyr: Oh, that bitch.
Eilir: Anything of actual interest in there?
Æthelmyr hands her the top page.
Æthelmyr: This is for you.
DM: The next four are missing person posters, with faces sketched on with a careful hand.
DM: I need WIS checks from whoever is looking at the pictures.
Keah (Eilir): Our faces?
DM: No
Æthelmyr: And I don’t know who these are.
Eilir -> [ABILITY] Wisdom check [1d20+1 = 13]
Æthelmyr -> [ABILITY] Wisdom check [1d20+1 = 4]
Denzil -> [ABILITY] Wisdom check [1d20+2 = 16]
dublish (Æthelmyr): I REALLY don’t know who those are.
DM: Denzil points out that one of them looks a lot like the half-wasp creature Arda sicced on you outside the necropolis.
Æthelmyr: That has unfortunate implications.
Denzil: Well, I guess she has to get her… parts from somewhere…
Avaril the Average -> [ABILITY] Wisdom check [1d20+4 = 10]
DM: You realize quickly that two of the others were also twisted into the other two monsters of hers, the mutated brute and the shadow-hunter.
Campaign saved.
DM: The captions describe them as members of a band of heroes, and were made up by the town they call home. They are dated several weeks ago.
Æthelmyr: Alright, let’s get going, not going to fix anything staring at pictures of dead people.
Keah (Eilir): And that town is called…?
dublish (Æthelmyr): Lanera
Eilir: Is this a not-so-subtle hint that she wants to do this to us, too? Or is she just showing off?
DM: Next in the stack is a rough map, with four places labeled. The two villages you just passed through, Pardath, and the town mentioned in the missing person posters.
dublish (Æthelmyr): The heroes’ names were Ainex, Lizned, Rilie, and Lirava.
Sam (Xenia): actually believable fantasty names.
Sam (Xenia): except maybe lizned
dublish (Æthelmyr): Lirava was probably a whore.
DM: Beneath that are several more sheets with stories describing missing people of all sorts, from a variety of towns you’ve not heard of.
Æthelmyr: I really can’t wait to kill this lady.
DM: The last few sheets describe some of those people later found, and their horrible condition.
DM: Fortunately, they were all dead when discovered.
Keah (Eilir): Fortunately.
Keah (Eilir): Fortunately for them or the people who found them?
dublish (Æthelmyr): Yes.
DM: From the descriptions of the corpses, both
Eilir: Okay, so this lady keeps getting more disturbing by the second. Let’s shelve this horror story for now and keep moving.
David (Bo-Taar): near a stopping spot? sams eyelids keep closing
Bo-Taar: One day she will pay for this
Campaign saved.
dublish (Æthelmyr): And scene.
DSM (Avaril the Average): Stab her with a pushpin. She will be awake.
DSM’ disconnected
‘Keah’ disconnected
‘David’ disconnected
Campaign saved.
‘Sam’ disconnected
‘dublish’ disconnected

Session 34 Chat Log

The Legs of Lolth dublish