Session 31 Chat Log


Chat log started at 14.7.2013 / 14:47:08

3.5E v2.9.3 ruleset for Fantasy Grounds II.
Copyright 2012 Smiteworks USA, LLC.

Languages v2.5 Extension for FGII 3.5E ruleset by Tenian (converted to 3.5E by Trenloe & Callum). Copyright 2011 Smiteworks. This extension uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC, which are used under Paizo’s Community Use Policy. We are expressly prohibited from charging you to use or access this content. This extension is not published, endorsed, or specifically approved by Paizo Publishing. For more information about Paizo’s Community Use Policy, please visit paizo.com/communityuse. For more information about Paizo Publishing and Paizo products, please visit paizo.com.
‘Keah’ connected
‘David’ connected
‘dublish’ connected
Campaign saved.
‘Sam’ connected
‘Matt’ connected
Campaign saved.
‘Matt’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
Campaign saved.
‘Matt’ disconnected
‘Matt’ connected
Campaign saved.
‘Matt’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
‘Matt’ disconnected
‘Matt’ connected
‘Matt’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
‘Matt’ disconnected
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
‘Matt’ connected
Campaign saved.
‘Zero’ connected
Campaign saved.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Fish.
DM: So, you chill out for the day. Not much happens.
Campaign saved.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Hours pass.
DM: Most of the Thri-Kreen sleep through the day, but as dusk approaches, things busy for your welcoming celebration.
DM: As the sun sets, the event begins. There is lots of food and drink and dancing, though you can’t really keep up with the bounding dances of the Mantisfolk.
DM: Thri-kreen talk, and ceremonial stuff happens, most of which you don’t understand because it’s going on in Thri-Kreen.
Æthelmyr: How exciting!
Campaign saved.
Denzil: it is isn’t it!
DM: Most of the night is strictly non-functional, but as part of the festivities, you are recognized as elite warriors of the tribe, and are gifted weapons made of deep crystal like you retrieved from the Spire.
Sam (Xenia): yes!
David (Bo-Taar): nice!
Sam (Xenia): I have been coveting a crystal pike for weeks!
dublish (Æthelmyr): …
Keah (Eilir): lol
Sam (Xenia): or whatever the thing that the thrikeen use are called.
Sam (Xenia): I was jealous during hte battle.
DM: Most of them are not traditional Thri-Kreen weapons, but specially made that you can use them. Avaril gets a crossbow. Eilir, a khopesh. Aethelmyr, a kukri. Denzil a greatbow. Xenia, a glaive. And Bo-taar, a pick.
ElectricCaveman: I don’t them made as items in FG. I’ll work on it as we go.
Campaign saved.
Keah (Eilir): xenia now has a pointy weapon.
DM: The party goes on for many hours of the night, before things disperse and everyone prepares to break camp and begin travelling again the next night.
Matt (Avaril the Average): MANY HOURS!
Keah (Eilir): do we get rested again?
Eilir: or is revelry too strenuous?
DM: You can be rested again.
Keah (Eilir): yay!
Sam (Xenia): oops
Avaril the Average -> Taking overnight rest.
Eilir -> Taking overnight rest.
Æthelmyr -> Taking overnight rest.
Denzil -> Taking overnight rest.
Xenia -> Taking overnight rest.
Bo-Taar -> Taking overnight rest.
Campaign saved.
DM: So you all hang out and sleep for another day.
ElectricCaveman: If you want to do magic healing stuff, you should do it now.
Campaign saved.
Æthelmyr: Now what?
‘Keah’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
‘Keah’ reconnected
Keah (Eilir): did i miss anything? last i got was aethelmyr’s "now what?"
DM: The Thri-kreen caravan heads off once again through the desert. The process is pretty standard for you by now, and things are for the most part uneventful as you go. A few nights into the travels, you are approached by Ptek-chak with a request.
Ptek-Chak: Brothers, it is the time for you to join the front of the caravan. The leaders wait for you there. You are to present our tribute to the Lord of the Desert when we pass.
Campaign saved.
Eilir: What is the Lord of the Desert, anyway?
Ptek-Chak: He is the greatest power in this area of the desert, and keeps it safe and free. I have never had the honor of meeting him myself.
Æthelmyr: He sounds fascinating.
Ptek-Chak: We will near his dwelling place soon. You should move to the front soon.
Æthelmyr: Alright, let’s go.
Denzil: thank you Ptek-Chak.
Avaril the Average: So are we going to meet him?
Denzil: its seems to be a great honor, I would say yes
Campaign saved.
Ptek-Chak: You will meet him. Not many do. He is very solitary.
Eilir: Like a hermit?
Ptek-Chak: Yes. He tends to this land, and protects those who respect it and him, but does not favor the company of most mortals.
Campaign saved.
Bo-Taar: Is he mortal?
Ptek-Chak: It is hard to say.
Eilir: Maybe you can ask him when we meet him.
Æthelmyr: Now what?
Eilir: We go to the front of the caravan.
Campaign saved.
Xenia goes to front of the caravan.
Xenia: Ah, not as dusty up here.
DM: You make your way up to the lead of the caravan. A few of the tribe’s leaders are there. They greet you in rough Common. One of them who speaks better than the rest, though not as fluently as Ptek-chak, explains that when you get close, they will take you apart from the rest of the caravan to present the tribute.
Avaril the Average: Seems particularly more dusty up here.
Eilir: You just like to complain about everything.
Campaign saved.
Avaril the Average: I don’t like to in the least.
Avaril the Average: But if you don’t point out the faults and shortcomings of people, situations, and things, then nothing gets done about it and the world lacks improvement.
Avaril the Average: What’s the point of having quality if you’re going to throw it by the wayside?
DM: You trek onwards a little way. The leaders begin discussing when precisely they want to break away from the caravan, and they send an assistant to retrieve the tribute for you to bear to the Desert Lord.
DM: Make a Spot check.
Eilir -> [SKILL] Spot [1d20+1 = 18]
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Spot [1d20+10 = 29]
Avaril the Average -> [SKILL] Spot [1d20+7 = 16]
Xenia -> [SKILL] Spot [1d20+4 = 13]
Matt (Avaril the Average): [/nottheworst]
Bo-Taar -> [SKILL] Spot [1d20+2 = 15]
Sam (Xenia): now htat things are happening… I gotta go change the laundry. brb
Denzil -> [SKILL] Spot [1d20+9 = 25]
[w] -> Æthelmyr: You spy a humanoid form crushed into the sand a small distance ahead of the caravan.
Æthelmyr: There’s something in the sand up ahead.
Eilir: What kind of something?
Æthelmyr: It looks… person-ish.
Avaril the Average: More sand.
Campaign saved.
Æthelmyr: Let’s go investigate!
Eilir: Okay. But be careful.
Æthelmyr goes to investigate.
Avaril the Average stands there and watches.
Avaril the Average: Think she’ll die?
Æthelmyr: I heard that!
[w] -> Æthelmyr: You discover the crushed body of a male Drow. Many bones are broken, even through the skin, and its armor, weapons, and other gear is smashed beyond repair.
Æthelmyr: Hmmm.
Æthelmyr heads back to the group.
Æthelmyr: I have good news and bad news.
Bo-Taar: What did you see?
Æthelmyr: The bad news is that it’s a drow.
Campaign saved.
David (Bo-Taar): …
Æthelmyr: The good news is that he has been smashed flat.
Eilir: And the good news?
Eilir: At this point, I wouldn’t be surprised if that didn’t really matter and he attacked us anyway.
Bo-Taar: Is the thing that smashed him flat still around?
Æthelmyr looks around.
Æthelmyr: I don’t think so.
Avaril the Average: Okay so…
Avaril the Average: Let’s keep going.
Avaril the Average: Success to us. Good job everyone.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Experience rewarded.
Æthelmyr: And be on the lookout for things that can squash drow.
Avaril the Average: Like us.
Æthelmyr: I don’t think even Bo-Taar could do this.
Avaril the Average: I bet he could.
Bo-Taar: I bet I could
Æthelmyr: Hmph. Pride goes before the fall, you know.
Campaign saved.
Eilir: I wonder what did it.
Denzil: well lets continue
Denzil: consider ourselves lucky for the time being, until we find whatever did it.
DM: You press on, past the crushed Drow warrior. As you rest the next rise in the undulating wasteland, you spy more, similarly damaged figures.
Æthelmyr: Hm.
Denzil: Can I loot them as we go
Bo-Taar: Interesting
Denzil: if there is anything left, i do
Eilir: I ask one of the elders if the lord of the desert has some sort of guardian.
Campaign saved.
DM: You don’t find anything worth taking. All they have on them is practical, mundane tools, and it is all broken.
DM: The elder tells you the Lord of the Desert needs no guardian.
Eilir: Then we may have a problem soon. Unless it just attacks drow. Or just attacks at night.
DM: He does not harm those who show him and the earth due respect.
ElectricCaveman: That should have an ID for it…
Thri-Kreen Elder: He does not harm those who show him and the earth due respect.
dublish (Æthelmyr): ?
dublish (Æthelmyr): Oh.
Denzil: so we have nothing to worry about/
Denzil: ?
Eilir: Oh. Then it’s the Lord of the Desert who’s squashing all these drow?
Æthelmyr: That would be the best-case scenario.
Campaign saved.
DM: As you discuss the danger, the sand beneath your feet begins to dance across the surface, and soon the very earth is rumbling.
Æthelmyr: …
DM: The Thri-Kreen leaders bound backward, and the rest of the caravan behind stirs anxiously.
Æthelmyr: Is this supposed to happen?
Æthelmyr stays with the Thri-Kreen.
Eilir: It’s just the crystals that are the tribute, right?
DM: The sand begins to rush down the slope into a low point in the dunes just a hundred feet ahead. From that point, bursting forth from underground, rises a glittering, violet, reptilian head the size of a large carriage.
Æthelmyr: Is that the Lord of the Desert?
Xenia: uhhhhhh…
Eilir: Huh.
DM: Quickly following it come the stout neck, lithe body, and massive wings of an ancient Amethyst Dragon.
David (Bo-Taar): 0.0
Æthelmyr: Ooooooooooo.
Denzil: Say something Thri-keen or i’m shooting!
Eilir: Well, now I understand why he doesn’t need a guardian.
Æthelmyr is speaking :
Hello there!
Translated Draconic: Hello there!
Campaign saved.
Denzil: did you just speak thri-keen?
Æthelmyr: Uh, no.
DM: It inhales sharply, holds it for just a split second, and exhales a concussive wave that slams into the ground meer feet in front of you, throwing up a huge cloud of sand and grit.
Denzil: oh, ok, didn’t know if you were…nevermind.
Eilir: This is not good. Should we offer it the crystals?
Æthelmyr: Yes.
Denzil: What if its just a dragon and not the Desert Lord?
Æthelmyr: Then we’re going to die.
Æthelmyr: Unless it’s also friendly.
Eilir: Are the thri-kreen doing anything? Or are they just keeping their distance?
Bo-Taar: Perhaps we should drop off the crystals and quickly back away?
DM: Some are cowering, some are panicking. The leaders are kneeling.
Æthelmyr also kneels.
Denzil: I follow suit
Dragon: YOU BROUGHT THESE VERMIN OF SHADOW TO MY HOME!
Xenia squeaks
Xenia: Not on purpose!
Denzil: I don’t think we did, weren’t they already here?
Æthelmyr: They came on their own, we didn’t make them do anything!
David (Bo-Taar): maybe he is just talking about avaril?
Denzil: weren’t we responding to them?
Keah (Eilir): lol
Zero (Denzil): hahaha
Campaign saved.
Avaril the Average: Yes.
Dragon: HOW DARE YOU LEAD SUCH CREATURES INTO MY DOMAINS?
Avaril the Average: Clearly we dragged them in here by the collar and said, "Here, go make this dragon mad."
Avaril the Average: We have intentionally brought these people who ARE TRYING TO KILL US into your domain.
Æthelmyr (whispering): Oh gods, don’t antagonize the ancient dragon.
Dragon: DO NOT TEMPT MY PATIENCE, DABBLER!
Sam (Xenia): haha
Sam (Xenia): I was typing that too, kyle
Eilir is contemplating just letting the dragon eat him.
Avaril the Average: You’re the kind who stands in the rain and complains he’s getting wet.
Eilir: Avaril, shut up.
Avaril the Average: You blame the ground for enticing the water to fall on it.
Denzil: ok, Avaril, you are done.
Æthelmyr: We’re sorry and it won’t happen again, we were just passing through and we’ll be gone soon, and we brought you some crystals to appease you!
Dragon: YOU BRING TROUBLE INTO MY LAND, AND YOU SHALL SUFFER FOR IT.
Xenia: And really, we aren’t bringing the trouble! We are trying to fight it!
Avaril the Average: ‘Bring’ implies we intended to do this.
Xenia: We promise!
Xenia: Best of intentions and everything!
Denzil: We came to help and we did help, ask any of your servant Thri-keen.
Avaril the Average: It followed us and has been more of a bother than it could have possibly been to you, judging by all the crushed ones around here.
Eilir: There are too many people talking at once. This is getting nowhere…
dublish (Æthelmyr): Straight out of the Wizard of Oz.
Dragon: YOU HAVE ONE CHANCE TO SPEAK OR FLEE BEFORE I TREAT YOU AS THOSE YOU LED TO ME.
Dragon: I HAVE NO PATIENCE FOR VERMIN SUCH AS THEY, NOR THOSE WHO DEAL IN THEIR AFFAIRS!
Æthelmyr: OK guys, huddle.
Xenia: Flee. I pick flee.
Denzil: what should we say
Campaign saved.
Eilir: May I try?
Æthelmyr: Who’s got the crystals?
Avaril the Average: No.
Æthelmyr: Shut up Avaril.
Avaril the Average: No.
Bo-Taar: Tell him we are trying to help rid the dessert of the vermin
Eilir: That’s the plan.
Denzil: we came to help your desert, we did help your desert, we brought you crystals, we are fighting the drow becuase the world depends on it, which does include you, anything else we want to say?
Avaril the Average: Tell him for a wise and powerful dragon, he’s acting like a stupid bastard.
Eilir: Okay, yes, we may have brought the Drow here. But we’re trying to stop them from doing worse. We’re just passing through trying to keep Lolth and her priestesses from tearing apart the planes themselves.
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Diplomacy [1d20+4 = 13]
Xenia: It makes sense to me…but he doesn’t really strike me as reasonable…
Æthelmyr: I aid.
Denzil -> [SKILL] Diplomacy [1d20+4 = 17]
Denzil: I aid too.
Eilir: Well, he’s mad. Who else here is reasonable when your’e mad?
Keah (Eilir): I guess I should roll for diplomacy.
Eilir -> [SKILL] Diplomacy [1d20+1 = 12]
Denzil: go ahead Eilir.
Avaril the Average: When did we decide YOU were going to talk to him?
dublish (Æthelmyr): Holy shit I thought you were our face.
Avaril the Average: What makes you better than any of us?
Zero (Denzil): yea…
Sam (Xenia): wait…my mod is also 4. So we let the lowest diplomacy person…diplomacize.
Avaril the Average: I hender.
Sam (Xenia): oops
Avaril the Average -> [SKILL] Diplomacy [1d20 = 13]
Campaign saved.
Dragon says something in Thri-Kreen to the elders behind you.
DM: The exchange goes on in Thri-Kreen for a bit, before the dragon returns its attention to you.
Æthelmyr kneels very subserviently.
Dragon: Those with whom you travel are known to me of old. Their trust in you is not given lightly. You will stay with me here, and I will judge your story. If the threat you speak of is indeed returned, then I will aid you on your way. If you decieve me once, I will devour you all.
Campaign saved.
Eilir: Sounds good to me. But ignore the wizard. He doesn’t speak for any of us but himself.
Denzil: agreed.
Bo-Taar: Shes right
Avaril the Average: I speak for all of us.
Avaril the Average: I am one of our party just like any and all of you.
Avaril the Average gesticulates wildly.
Eilir is holding true to her own advice.
Keah (Eilir): so… now we’re hanging with the dragon?
Campaign saved.
David (Bo-Taar): more like being held captive
DM: The Thri-Kreen regroup and bid you long farewells, reminding you of your place in the tribe, should you ever return to the desert.
Eilir thanks them for their assistance and expresses hope to see them again in good health.
Xenia sheds a small tear.
DM: The dragon waits patiently for the caravan to be safely away, then turns back to the six of you.
Campaign saved.
Dragon: I will take you to my lair. The Drow are my most ancient of foes. If the threat is anything short of what you say, there will be no forgiveness for bringing them to me again.
Eilir: I’m surprised there were so many around here. Did they attack in force?
Dragon: They did. That is for later. Now, gather together. Stand close and still.
Æthelmyr: Oh, this is so exciting.
Æthelmyr: I’ve never seen a crystal dragon before.
Keah (Eilir): oh right. i bet he’s psionic.
Æthelmyr: What’s your opinion of other dragons? Like colored ones and metal ones?
Æthelmyr: Do you meet many of them in the desert?
Eilir (whispers): Æthelmyr, be quiet!
Dragon: Behave, wyrmling!
Avaril the Average: Kill her.
Æthelmyr: …
Avaril the Average: Please.
Avaril the Average: And all the drow.
Dragon: All, do as I have said. Now.
Æthelmyr does as told.
Eilir is standing as still as possible.
Xenia: is standing behind Bo-Taar. As still and small as possible.
Campaign saved.
DM: The dragon reaches out and picks you all up, three in each massive talon.
Æthelmyr: Who shares Avaril
Æthelmyr ’s claw?
dublish (Æthelmyr): OOC.
dublish (Æthelmyr): I have no idea what buttons I was pushing.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Who shares Avaril’s claw?
DM: It rears up on its hind legs, pulls you in close, folds its wings tight, and dives headfirst into the sand.
Keah (Eilir): no one shares avaril.
Keah (Eilir): it’s not necessary
Matt (Avaril the Average): It is. You all have me.
Matt (Avaril the Average): We’re all friends.
Matt (Avaril the Average): uloveme
DM: You all plunge rapidly through sand, hard soil, and even solid stone.
DM: The earth is tight around you, rushing by for what feels like ages. Just as your unprepared lungs begin to feel like they will burst, you pop out into a vast, underground chamber.
Campaign saved.
DM: The cavern is lit by unnaturally bright torchlight. Its walls and ceiling retain their organic curves, but have been rubbed smooth. The floor is also natural stone, but has been pounded flat.
DM: Crystal of every color adorns the walls. In the center of the cavern, water drips from the ceiling into a clear pool. Art from many cultures is strewn about in a pattern that makes no sense to your eyes, but seems deliberate nonetheless. In odd corners and narrow recesses, less fanciful treasures are piled roughly.
Æthelmyr really wants to stretch the definition of the word ‘behave’.
DM: Despite being so deep underground, the cool, fresh air stirs gently.
Dragon: This is my haven. Enjoy it while you can, but touch nothing without permission. I must commune with my allies, and I will interrogate you after.
Campaign saved.
Eilir: Æthelmyr… You gonna be okay? I know that look.
Sam (Xenia): and whatever you do, don’t pick up ginormous rubies out of the hands of a monkey statue.
Æthelmyr: Allies?
Sam (Xenia): Eyes open for flying carpets.
Æthelmyr: Do you think there are more of them?
Eilir: Probably.
Æthelmyr: Oh my this is amazing.
Æthelmyr: I can’t wait to meet them.
Æthelmyr: Do you think they’re all crystal dragons?
Eilir: Probably.
DM: The dragon slips away around a high corner, and out of sight.
Eilir settles down on the floor to wait.
Æthelmyr explores!
Eilir: Don’t touch anything!
Eilir follows.
Avaril the Average sits down and drinks.
Avaril the Average: HAVE FUN BREAKING THE RULES AND BEING KILLED!
Eilir: He didn’t say we couldn’t look around. And he said to enjoy the place.
Campaign saved.
Eilir -> [SKILL] Knowledge (Arcana) [MOD:INT] [1d20+10 = 26]
Keah (Eilir): Do I know anything interesting about this kind of dragon?
DM: The dragon slips away around a high corner, and out of sight.
ElectricCaveman: oops
Campaign saved.
DM: There is lots of interesting and intricate art from all over Taragin. Statues and paintings and tapestries, as well as more unusual items like giant drums, illusions locked in glass, and a massive, intricate game board.
Æthelmyr: Wow.
Eilir: Neat.
Campaign saved.
DM: You wander around, or just chill out, for what must be several hours. Finally the dragon returns, an oaken table covered in fresh fruits and vegetables hovering close behind.
Æthelmyr: !
DM: The table lands softly in an open area of the cavern.
Dragon: Eat and sit. We have much to discuss.
Eilir obeys.
Æthelmyr sits and eats.
Dragon: Tell me exactly what business you have with the Shadow Elves.
Eilir relates what our mentors told us as best she can.
Keah (Eilir): can i do it that way? it’s easier that way.
ElectricCaveman: sure
Avaril the Average eats vigorously.
Dragon: And what chance do you think that you children have against such a swarm as the Drow?
Campaign saved.
Avaril the Average: THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I HAVE BEEN SAYING THIS WHOLE TIME!
Avaril the Average spits fruit as he talks. Or shouts…
Eilir: We’ve done alright so far.
Æthelmyr: Somebody has to do it.
Eilir: And the Legs are powerful artefacts, right? So if we can get even one of them, that increases our chances, I’d say.
Dragon: Yet the Drow have four already?
Eilir: That’s why we were crossing the desert. We were going to pick one up and guard it.
Xenia: !!!!
Sam (Xenia): wait, did we know they have 4 already?
Sam (Xenia): I can’t remember that far back.
Keah (Eilir): I know they have at least 2.
ElectricCaveman: Yeah, that’s how this all started.
dublish (Æthelmyr): I can’t really remember the details.
Sam (Xenia): okay
Sam (Xenia): !!!! retracted.
Keah (Eilir): xenia’s just really tense right now and easily surprised.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Oh yeah?
Matt (Avaril the Average): FOOOOD FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!
Matt (Avaril the Average): DRAGON’S ON MY TEAM!
Keah (Eilir): Yeah, you just try and start that.
Matt (Avaril the Average): No, YOU try and start that.
Keah (Eilir): No.
Campaign saved.
Matt (Avaril the Average): GOOD!
Dragon: There seems to be a plan in place far beyond the six of you.
Eilir: If there is, we’re not privy to it.
Dragon: No, the greatest pawns never are.
Eilir: I don’t mind being a pawn if we’re saving everyone.
User ‘Keah’ has gone AFK.
Æthelmyr: That’s an awfully backhanded compliment.
Dragon: Then, you are welcome.
Campaign saved.
Dragon: My skill at the game is considerable, and I do not believe that there is harm in awakening you to your reality. If what the winds say is true, you have it in you to be much more than pawns.
Eilir: Did you just go speak to the weirds?
Dragon: And others.
Æthelmyr: I would love to be more than a pawn.
Dragon: If that is truly your wish, daughter of Noachothokent, see me again when this is over. But that is not important now.
Æthelmyr makes a mighty effort and doesn’t respond.
Campaign saved.
Dragon: I see three things you should know. First is the cost. I believe that it is greater than the weirds want to admit. If such a breach is made in Taragin, I believe it may restart The Maelstrom.
Eilir: The Maelstrom?
Keah (Eilir): do we know about the maelstrom?
DM: Yes. Stopping the Maelstrom is why the gods created Taragin.
David (Bo-Taar): this is all over my head
Keah (Eilir): okay.
Keah (Eilir): oh yeah. bo-taar doesn’t really know much about all this does he?
Keah (Eilir): i don’t think we ever filled you in. XD
David (Bo-Taar): i sorta went with the flow
ElectricCaveman: Go read the wiki sometime. There’s lots of random details there.
David (Bo-Taar): and tried to figure things out
dublish (Æthelmyr): Legends of the deepest past. And the gods created the world and it was good and such. Most of it’s on the wiki.
Campaign saved.
Dragon: Second, there are at least two plots involving your party that no one is willing to admit to yet. I believe there may be a third.
Dragon: While I cannot prove the third yet, it leads to my final observation - your enemy is not exactly what it seems.
Eilir: Are you saying it’s not the Drow? Or just not the drow as a whole?
Sam (Xenia): O.O
Dragon: Now you are thinking correctly, hatcling.
ElectricCaveman: *hatchling
Æthelmyr: Where must we start searching in order to uncover these plots?
Eilir: Or would you tell us what they are? Or at least what you think they are.
Dragon: You will not uncover them. Merely be aware as they unveil themselves, that they will not catch you unaware.
Campaign saved.
Dragon: I would like to see you return from this venture alive.
Eilir: I share those sentiments.
Eilir: What would you recommend as our next course of eaction? We shold continue to go after the Legs, right?
Dragon: Continue with the plans. Their conceivers would be most skilled at the game. But be aware that pawns may be sacrificed to the plans.
Dragon: It is likely they will succeed, but it would be of benefit if you also do so.
Eilir: So… keep following directions but try not to die. Sounds like business as usual.
Campaign saved.
Dragon: It has been a day of surprises for me. That does not often happen. Particularly plesant ones.
Dragon: You may take your rest here and regroup until you decide to continue or to ask me your questions.
Eilir: That’s very kind of you.
Bo-Taar: Thank you
Dragon: It is only appropriate, for I have learned much today.
Keah (Eilir): do we still have the deep crystals with us?
Campaign saved.
DM: No, the Thri-Kreen took care of all that stuff before they left.
Keah (Eilir): oh. okay.
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
Æthelmyr: Now what?
Æthelmyr has conversations with the Dragon.
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
David (Bo-Taar): whatcha talking about?
Æthelmyr: What is your name!
Dragon is speaking :
You may call me Sachdartak.
Translated Draconic: You may call me Sachdartak.
Æthelmyr is speaking :
My name is Æthelmyr. It’s a pleasure to meet you!
Translated Draconic: My name is Æthelmyr. It’s a pleasure to meet you!
Æthelmyr is speaking :
You know Noachothokent?
Translated Draconic: You know Noachothokent?
Dragon is speaking :
We have met only once, but I know him better than most.
Translated Draconic: We have met only once, but I know him better than most.
Dragon is speaking :
I must say, I would never have expected his daughter to come here so young. I am certain it is not what he wished.
Translated Draconic: I must say, I would never have expected his daughter to come here so young. I am certain it is not what he wished.
Avaril the Average: I HATE YOU BOTH
Campaign saved.
Æthelmyr is speaking :
I’ve never met him. Do you know where he is?
Translated Draconic: I’ve never met him. Do you know where he is?
Dragon is speaking :
Silence, troublesome boy, or I will summon a friend to show you true vitrol.
Translated Abyssal: Silence, troublesome boy, or I will summon a friend to show you true vitrol.
Avaril the Average is speaking :
That’s fine, as long as he just talks and takes no action. This party could USE some understanding.
Translated Abyssal: That’s fine, as long as he just talks and takes no action. This party could USE some understanding.
Dragon is speaking :
I do not in any but the most general of senses.
Translated Draconic: I do not in any but the most general of senses.
Avaril the Average -> [SKILL] Forgery [1d20+3 = 16]
Æthelmyr is speaking :
That would be more than I know. I have been hoping to find news of him.
Translated Draconic: That would be more than I know. I have been hoping to find news of him.
Dragon is speaking :
You are a peculiar man.
Translated Abyssal: You are a peculiar man.
Campaign saved.
Dragon is speaking :
I am sure he will find you when it suits his plans. He doubtless has a purpose for you. I cannot directly interfere with such things, though your choices may.
Translated Draconic: I am sure he will find you when it suits his plans. He doubtless has a purpose for you. I cannot directly interfere with such things, though your choices may.
Æthelmyr is speaking :
Donde está la biblioteca?
Translated Celestial: Donde está la biblioteca?
Campaign saved.
DM: So, you decide it’s time to move on from the dragon’s lair. This time he uses his power to shift you directly out, no burrowing required. You find yourselves under the hot desert sun in the middle of nowhere. To the west, a dark haze sits on the horizon, declaring the western hills’ proximity. Otherwise, you have no idea where you are, but you were instructed to go north.
Æthelmyr: North we go.
Eilir: We head north then.
Æthelmyr: Did anybody else REALLY want to loot that place?
Æthelmyr: Not that I would ever have done it.
Æthelmyr: But all that stuff!
Æthelmyr: I’m jealous and I don’t care who knows it.
Eilir: Well, maybe someday when you decide to settle down, you’ll also have a lair full of loot.
Campaign saved.
DM: You trek northward on foot. The heat of the sun is exhausting, sapping your energy with every step. Roll FORT saves.
Eilir -> [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+7 = 26]
Æthelmyr -> [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+5 = 22]
Avaril the Average -> [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+4 = 11]
Xenia -> [CAST] Endure Elements
Xenia -> [CAST] Endure Elements [at Avaril the Average]
Xenia -> [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+5 = 23]
Bo-Taar -> [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+9 = 18]
Denzil -> [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+6 = 8]
Xenia -> [CAST] Endure Elements [at Denzil]
Denzil -> [SAVE] Will [VS DC 13] [SUCCESS] [1d20+5 = 23]
DM: [1d4 = 1]
Campaign saved.
DM: You forge onward, marching through the scorching desert for nearly two hours, when a head mirage less than a mile ahead suddenly resolves into high stone walls. A heavy wooden gate hangs open on the south-facing wall directly ahead of you.
ElectricCaveman: *heat mirage.
Æthelmyr: So that’s good, right?
Eilir: Is it real?
Æthelmyr: A place to stay and hydrate?
Campaign saved.
Bo-Taar: As long as they like us
Æthelmyr continues on.
DM: As you continue toward the gate, you can see a variety of humanoids in loose monk’s garb training in the open space within.
Matt (Avaril the Average): They’re probably hostile. Get ready to kill all of them and burn the bodies.
DM: When you are basically at the gate, two men step around the corner and out of the complex in front of you.
Campaign saved.
Maenad: Welcome to our monastery. She is expecting you.
Æthelmyr: OK…
Avaril the Average: WAIT.
Bo-Taar: Oh
Avaril the Average: Is she of dark skin?
Eilir: Ashley?
Maenad: Before you enter, know this is a place of refuge, peace, and contemplation.
Eilir: That means Avaril should probably stay out.
Maenad: No aggression will be tolerated. You may bear your weapons, as you are her guests, but do not draw them within our walls.
Keah (Eilir): The name Maenad makes me highly concerned as a player.
ElectricCaveman: It’s a race.
Keah (Eilir): still.
Keah (Eilir): i would rather not be torn limb from limb.
ElectricCaveman: Nothing bacchanal about them, I promise.
Keah (Eilir): okay.
ElectricCaveman: There is a race for that, though.
ElectricCaveman: I think they’re Fey.
ElectricCaveman: Drunken fey!
ElectricCaveman: woo!
Æthelmyr: So we go with them?
Keah (Eilir): Sure. Let’s go with.
Campaign saved.
DM: The men lead you through their complex. The walled-in area is large, filled with canvas-walled buildings and open areas where dozens of men and women of various races work at martial arts, supernatural powers, or mundane chores.
Æthelmyr: So what is this place exactly?
Avaril the Average: Why are we here? Is this where we’re supposed to be?
Avaril the Average: Eilir you’re wasting our time.
Avaril the Average: All of you are wasting MY time.
Eilir: Then go on without us.
DM: I do not know why you are here. This is our monastery, where we study and practice the teachings of Zuoken the Ascendant. If your immediate time is of such value to you, perhaps you should study with us a while. Zuoken’s perspective could do you great good.
Maenad: I do not know why you are here. This is our monastery, where we study and practice the teachings of Zuoken the Ascendant. If your immediate time is of such value to you, perhaps you should study with us a while. Zuoken’s perspective could do you great good.
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Knowledge (religion) [MOD:INT] [1d20+8 = 24]
dublish (Æthelmyr): Zuoken the Ascendant?
Campaign saved.
Avaril the Average: Is there any power to be found in these studies?
Avaril the Average: And I don’t mean inner-peace, wiser person power.
Avaril the Average: I mean honest, literal power I can use.
DM: You go to a tent-like building that looks basically like every other. Inside, on the packed earth floor, are a number of cushions, on one of which sits a pale, red-haired human woman. At first she looks about 25, no more than 30, but her bearing and the look in her eyes suggest she is much older.
[w] -> Æthelmyr: Zuoken the Ascendant was a human monk and psion, and powerfully gifted at both. He traveled for decades teaching and studying and honing his crafts. He eventually gained a spark of divine, fully transcending mortality and becoming a demigod. He is the patron of many monks and others who seek enlightenment through internal reflection.
Campaign saved.
Maenad: You presume, sir, that power cannot be found in wisdom and understanding?
Eilir: Are you Ashley Quick?
Ashley: That is a name I have not gone by in many, many years.
Avaril the Average: Look, I won’t lie, I know that power can be found in knowledge. But practical power isn’t something done through controlled breathing and sweeping the floor in a certain direciton. It’s in pointing a finger at an enemy and watching them melt and boil into a puddle of flaming them.
Æthelmyr: So you’re the one we came to find!
Maenad: Raw power is like the spring thunderstorm. It brings both weal and woe. We train here not only to gain power, but to learn to use it with both precision and responsibility.
Avaril the Average: Responsibility can be handled when picking up the pieces. Currently someone’s trying to shatter us and we don’t have time for control and focus. We have to be able to hit them harder and faster than they can hit us.
Ashley: Yes, I am. And I have that which is sought.
Campaign saved.
Æthelmyr: May I just say that it is really creepy how you seem to know that.
Eilir: It took us long enough to get here. I’m not surprised in the least.
Maenad: If you smash a diamond with a hammer, it may shatter, but a skilled craftsman applies force precisely - exactly the right force in the right place - and uses destruction to create greater beauty and value.
Avaril the Average: Beauty and value is nothing to the dead, which is what they aim to make us.
Ashley: We should not discuss your purpose here. These monks are trustworthy, but the enemy is sly and resourceful.
Campaign saved.
Æthelmyr: Alright. Should this discussion be held in a more private setting?
Avaril the Average: Let’s get what we came for and leave. Then we’ll wander about aimlessly because we don’t know what to do with this thing.
Ashley: My hermitage is not far from here. We may depart whenever you wish, and there discuss our business in security.
Eilir: Whenever you’re ready.
Matt (Avaril the Average): magically you all are at the hermitage and she hands you that thing you’ve been wanting
Campaign saved.
Keah (Eilir): lol
Keah (Eilir): that would be far to easy.
Avaril the Average: YOU FORGOT AN ‘O’ MS> ANGLOPHILE!
Keah (Eilir): woops.
DM: She says her farewells and you all depart west. The land here is again becoming hard and stony. She takes you down into a narrow ravine, all but impossible to see until you were right on top of it.
DM: In this ravine, she enters a large cave. Off to the right, a large bonfire burns, while the left leads off into her living and storage space.
Campaign saved.
Ashley: Welcome to my home, such as it is. Here we are sheltered from any prying eyes.
Eilir: That is a most welcome relief.
Avaril the Average: You don’t trust your monks?
Ashley: They are not mine, but I do trust them. Here I have put in place precautions that they do not have.
‘Matt’ disconnected

Session 31 Chat Log

The Legs of Lolth dublish