Session 26 Chat Log

Chat log started at 16.3.2013 / 12:38:54

3.5E v2.9.2 ruleset for Fantasy Grounds II.
Copyright 2012 Smiteworks USA, LLC.

Languages v2.5 Extension for FGII 3.5E ruleset by Tenian (converted to 3.5E by Trenloe & Callum). Copyright 2011 Smiteworks. This extension uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC, which are used under Paizo’s Community Use Policy. We are expressly prohibited from charging you to use or access this content. This extension is not published, endorsed, or specifically approved by Paizo Publishing. For more information about Paizo’s Community Use Policy, please visit paizo.com/communityuse. For more information about Paizo Publishing and Paizo products, please visit paizo.com.
‘David’ connected
‘Keah’ connected
Campaign saved.
‘dublish’ connected
Campaign saved.
‘dublish’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
Campaign saved.
‘dublish’ disconnected
‘dublish’ connected
Campaign saved.
‘Sam’ connected
‘Matt’ connected
Campaign saved.
‘Matt’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
‘dublish’ reconnected
‘Matt’ reconnected
‘Matt’ reconnected
Campaign saved.
‘Matt’ disconnected
‘Matt’ connected
Campaign saved.
ElectricCaveman: (POLL) Start without Denzil?
Sam (Xenia): I feel bad about starting without people. But I know when I’m the late one, I want you guys to start wihtout me
DM: If he’s on his way, I don’t think we’ll do too much without him
David (Bo-Taar): i say we wait 15 minutes? start at 2:30/1:30 Central
David (Bo-Taar): either way
‘dublish’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
‘Matt’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
‘Matt’ reconnected
‘dublish’ reconnected
Campaign saved.
dublish (Æthelmyr): I voted yes.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Where’s Sam?
Sam (Xenia): here. I voted yes too
ElectricCaveman: I suppose we’ll start when we know Matt is back in.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Sam, where’s your character?
dublish (Æthelmyr): Weird…
Matt (Avaril the Average): It’s here. You’re blind/deaf/dumb.
dublish (Æthelmyr): FG is so wonderful.
ElectricCaveman: Well, looks like Matt’s back. Shall we begin?
Keah (Eilir): yes
‘dublish’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
‘Matt’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
ElectricCaveman: Aaaand there goes Matt and Kyle’s connection again.
Keah (Eilir): of course.
‘dublish’ disconnected
‘Matt’ disconnected
Campaign saved.
‘dublish’ connected
‘Matt’ connected
Campaign saved.
dublish (Æthelmyr): I can see Sam now!
Æthelmyr: Start!
Avaril the Average: .mkn;lknlkn
dublish (Æthelmyr): Start!
DM: Last time on… The Legs of Lolth:
David (Bo-Taar): i like this part
Morgan Freeman: The party continued to explore the necropolis. It was confronted by a tomb spider and its various offspring. They beat down all the beasts, but suffered heavily in the conflict. They all survived, somehow, and were setting up to spend the night when an ancient horror came up from the depths – a Mind Flayer.
Campaign saved.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Picture a mind. NOW FLAY THAT SHIT!
‘dublish’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
‘dublish’ reconnected
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Sense Motive [1d20+3 = 9]
dublish (Æthelmyr): I want to know the mind flayer’s intentions.
Keah (Eilir): i think we established already that he’s hostile.
DM: You are unable to discern the intentions of the abberant creature.
Eilir: didn’t he say something last time?
Keah (Eilir): ooc…
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Knowledge (the planes) [MOD:INT] [1d20+8 = 10]
dublish (Æthelmyr): Do I know anything about mind flayers?
dublish (Æthelmyr): Other than that they flay minds?
David (Bo-Taar): yeah what he did say last time? or did he just walk in?
Campaign saved.
‘Matt’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
[w] -> Æthelmyr: You know they are classified as abberations, and the common traits that go with it. They are known for consuming the brains of intelligent beings and their complex and rigid civilization. You are not familiar with the specifics of their abilities.
‘Matt’ disconnected
dublish (Æthelmyr): Did we just lose Matt?
ElectricCaveman: We did.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Anybody want to diplomacize the thing?
Keah (Eilir): did we ever get what he said previously?
‘dublish’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
Keah (Eilir): i saw peter typing, but nothing ever sent.
ElectricCaveman: I was giving Myr whispered info.
Keah (Eilir): ah.
‘dublish’ reconnected
‘dublish’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
‘dublish’ reconnected
Mind Flayer (shouting telepathically): WHO DARES DISTRUPT THE GATE
Campaign saved.
Keah (Eilir): oh. right.
Eilir: Foolhardy adventurers, come to scope the place out.
‘dublish’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
‘dublish’ reconnected
Æthelmyr: Gate?
Æthelmyr: I didn’t disrupt anything except spiders, I swear!
‘dublish’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
‘dublish’ reconnected
‘Zero’ connected
ElectricCaveman: Well, we lost Matt, but Kalyn is connecting.
ElectricCaveman: Do we want to press on, or wait for them to get on/back?
Campaign saved.
Keah (Eilir): we can at least wait for kalyn, since he’s connecting.
David (Bo-Taar): and this is a pretty good part..
‘Matt’ connected
ElectricCaveman: Matt is reconnecting now, too.
Keah (Eilir): everyone’s here!
dublish (Æthelmyr): Hey hey the gang’s all here.
Campaign saved.
Sam (Xenia): yay!
David (Bo-Taar): we can die together!
Keah (Eilir): we’re not gonna die.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Yeah, until shit fucks up again.
Matt (Avaril the Average): So now what? What did I miss?
Matt (Avaril the Average): The last thing I saw was, "Didn’t it say something?"
dublish (Æthelmyr): Yes, it wanted to know who disturbed a gate.
Matt (Avaril the Average): The fuck does that mean?
ElectricCaveman: It just repeated itself for the new episode. That’s basically it.
Zero (Denzil): we might die together, but at least we’ll be dead…i mean together.
dublish (Æthelmyr): It’s a mystery!
Mind Flayer: OUTSIDERS ARE NOT TOLERATED WITHIN THE CITY. YOUR APPROACH AND INTERFERENCE ARE NOT AUTHORIZED.
David (Bo-Taar): city?
Eilir: You should set up better guards then.
Æthelmyr: Um…
David (Bo-Taar): oh right dead city
Eilir: Maybe some that can talk and say so?
Mind Flayer: I AM THE BETTER GUARD, PINK WOMAN.
Matt (Avaril the Average): We may lose connection again because my dad sounds like he called Cox to try and troubleshoot shit. And when they troubleshoot, they’re shit.
Avaril the Average: Clearly. You’re other ones didn’t fair so well against our might.
Æthelmyr: Um…
Zero (Denzil): why are we here in the first place? I missed that part
Keah (Eilir): because you said we should be.
Matt (Avaril the Average): This is the other castle.
Keah (Eilir): except i was playing as you when you said it.
Bo-Taar: Who authorized people to enter the city?
Mind Flayer: YOU ARE HALF-DEAD. AGGRIVATING YOUR SUPERIORS IS NOT WISE, UPSTART MAGE.
Campaign saved.
David (Bo-Taar): authorizes*
Sam (Xenia): we are stopping the slaver in her necromancy things. or something? I think.
Avaril the Average: I am only a third dead.
Æthelmyr: Let’s not antagonize the mind flayer…
Avaril the Average: I’m not antagonizing him, I’m correcting him.
Mind Flayer: ONLY THE ELDERS MAY ALLOW OUTSIDERS ACCESS. NONE HAVE ENTERED AND LEFT ALIVE FOR OVER 2 CENTURIES.
Eilir: Well, we haven’t really entered yet, so I don’t see the problem.
Mind Flayer: WHY DO YOU DISRUPT THE GATE
Avaril the Average: So go tell them we’re here to visit and tour your lovely city. We don’t want to kill any more people, we didn’t realize they were innocent civilians.
Avaril the Average: So we’re sorry about killing Mayor Spider over there.
Avaril the Average points.
Eilir: We’re looking for a woman. Isadora.
Mind Flayer: THE SPIDER IS NOT OUR CITIZEN
Keah (Eilir): lol
Mind Flayer: IT IS A GUARD
David (Bo-Taar): oh
Mind Flayer: NONE OF YOUR WOMEN RESIDE HERE
Eilir: Well then we’re obviously in the wrong place. We should be off.
Æthelmyr: Well we’ll just be going then.
Mind Flayer: YOU WILL NOT
Æthelmyr: No?
Mind Flayer: YOU WILL COME TO THE GATE
Avaril the Average: You don’t want us here though. So we’ll leave and you get what you want.
Mind Flayer: THREATS TO THE CITY WILL BE CONSUMED
Æthelmyr: But we wouldn’t want to intrude upon your hospitali- what?
Avaril the Average: That sounds like it involves pain and death.
Eilir: If you force us, our wizard will become even more disruptive. We’ll just take him and go.
Avaril the Average: Neither of which I like upon me.
Bo-Taar: What lies beyond the gate?
Avaril the Average: Great peril.
Avaril the Average dramatic arm gesture.
Mind Flayer: THE GATE IS OF THE CITY
Denzil: So do you want us to come inside or not?
Mind Flayer: YOU WILL COME TO THE GATE
Æthelmyr: When you say threats, you’re not talking about us, are you?
Avaril the Average: You’re a bad guard. You’re all like, "YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED INSIDE BUT I WILL TAKE YOU INSIDE!"
Campaign saved.
Keah (Eilir): lol
Avaril the Average: This is probably why it was Mayor Spider instead of Mayor… What’s your name?
Mind Flayer: YOU WILL NOT ENTER MAGE
Mind Flayer: YOUR INSOLENCE SPEAKS ILL FOR YOUR INTENT
Avaril the Average: But I’m her personal assistant!
Mind Flayer: YOU WILL BE CONSUMED
Avaril the Average points at Eilir.
Mind Flayer: PROCEED TO THE GATE
Eilir: I can’t go without my personal assistant.
Avaril the Average: She clearly needs me or else she’d forget to take in air!
Avaril the Average compresses Eilir’s sides like billows.
Keah (Eilir): bellows?
Æthelmyr: Avaril, I’m sure she appreciates your concern, but that is not helping.
Matt (Avaril the Average): shutthefuckupi’mhelping
Eilir: Yes… please… stop…
Bo-Taar steps up to the gate, hammer in hand
Avaril the Average (whispering): If I die I will haunt you forever, so you clearly cannot let that happen.
Keah (Eilir): step up to the mind flayer. i don’t think we’re at the gate yet.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Step right up! Three mindflayers for five dollas!
Eilir (whispering back): I don’t intend to, but don’t suffocate me!
Avaril the Average (I’m): helping you breathe. Just play along.
Avaril the Average: Yes mistress, enough air for the hour?
Avaril the Average stops.
Keah (Eilir): are we silly enough that he no longer wants anything to do with us?
Mind Flayer: CEASE YOUR ANTICS
Keah (Eilir): guess not.
Avaril the Average: Assitance.
Mind Flayer: PROCEED TO THE GATE OR BE CONSUMED WITHOUT INTERROGATION
Æthelmyr: I vote for the thing where we aren’t consumed.
Avaril the Average (whispering): We can take one out here alone, right?
Æthelmyr (whispering): There’s a whole city of them, and we’re here for whatshername.
Eilir (whisper): Maybe…
Campaign saved.
Eilir (whisper): We wanna find out?
‘dublish’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
‘Matt’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
Denzil: lets go
‘dublish’ disconnected
‘Matt’ disconnected
ElectricCaveman: For the record, you’re not looking for Isadora. You’re trying to find out who her allies are.
Keah (Eilir): oh. okay.
ElectricCaveman: Isaac and Denzil found out she has some here, and you’re trying to figure out who else she’s working for/with.
‘dublish’ connected
Keah (Eilir): obviously, mind flayers.
David (Bo-Taar): ohhhh
‘Matt’ connected
Xenia: well, the mindflayer will kill us if we leave, kill us if we stay, and possibly kill us if we continue. so…lets continue?
Eilir: Continuing means we’re not dead right away, so that sounds like the logical choice.
Eilir is speaking :
Or we could get the barb to just smash him…
Translated Elven: Or we could get the barb to just smash him…
Campaign saved.
Eilir: [1d100 = 81]
Keah (Eilir): that was an oops. ignore the roll.
DM: So you do as the mind flayer asks?
Keah (Eilir): yep. for now.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Yes.
Campaign saved.
DM: You head to the back of the room, from whence the mind flayer came. Through the door behind the shrine is a spiral staircase leading downward. It ends in a sparce chamber, cut short by a stone wall. The natural stone of the barrier is a stark contrast to the carefully shaped walls you’ve seen elsewhere. A perfectly circular, man-sized opening in the wall lets light through from the other side.
Matt (Avaril the Average): But… Bo-Taar..
Keah (Eilir): lol
User ‘Zero’ has gone AFK.
Bo-Taar ducks.
Æthelmyr: So that’s the gate?
DM: The mind flayer continues to urge you onward. Through the hole in the wall, you enter a brightly illuminated chamber. Its original purpose is indiscernable, but two features now dominate it. On the far wall, a curtain of dark, shimmering energy rises up 8 feet from the floor. By it stands another robed mind flayer. In the center of the chamber, the remnants of some ritual lie in chaos. Strange markings adorn the floor, various arcane tools are scattered about, and in the middle of it is a humanoid form. Parts of its body have been stripped away as if by acid, while other parts are misshapen by tumors beneath the skin. Parts of the flesh undulate slowly, though the form itself appears to have no life, natural or otherwise.
Campaign saved.
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Knowledge (arcana) [MOD:INT] [1d20+9 = 11]
dublish (Æthelmyr): An arcane ritual, eh?
Keah (Eilir): i can do that, too.
DM: The purpose of the ritual is beyond you.
Xenia gags.
Keah (Eilir): oh come on… it didn’t take taht roll either?
Eilir -> [SKILL] Knowledge (Arcana) [MOD:INT] [1d20+8 = 20]
Æthelmyr: So what is this place exactly?
Keah (Eilir): it was a 16 the first time…
Bo-Taar: this does not look good…
Avaril the Average: Can you teach me this art? I looks powerful.
Keah (Eilir): yiou looks powerful?
Avaril the Average: _it
Matt (Avaril the Average): Fucky you.
[w] -> Eilir: The ritual shows definite marks of necromancy, but it’s very convoluted and peppered with other schools of magic. You can’t tell it’s purpose, but it’s obviously not good.
Matt (Avaril the Average): God damnit, fuck everything, I wish I was having internet problems.
Eilir: Well, I suppose necromancy is to be expected in a necropolis…
Keah (Eilir): brb. need to fix a sandwich.
User ‘Keah’ has gone AFK.
‘dublish’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
‘dublish’ reconnected
Mind Flayer: We do not claim the mad man’s ritual. His failure merely opened the gate here. If we allow you to leave, you may take what you want of his work to study yourself.
Eilir: I have no interest in any of that.
User ‘Keah’ has gone AFK.
Xenia: who is this mad man?
Campaign saved.
Xenia says through chattering teeth.
ElectricCaveman: That was to answer Avaril’s question, not Eilir’s.
‘Matt’ reconnected
‘Matt’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
‘dublish’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
Mind Flayer: He was one of your kind’s mages. He killed himself in his ritual, but the power he accumulated opened the gate.
‘Matt’ disconnected
‘dublish’ disconnected
Bo-Taar: Gate.. to where?
‘Matt’ connected
‘dublish’ connected
Campaign saved.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Fucking thing. doitlive
dublish (Æthelmyr): Where were we?
Eilir: So you’re guarding this gate to keep others from doing this and opening another one?
Mind Flayer: We keep the gate against the intrusion of your people.
Eilir: We really have no intention of intruding on your… gate. We’re just looking for some information.
Avaril the Average: So you’re from beyond this gate and you’re an advance guard?
Mind Flayer: You will be interrogated to determine if you are a threat to the city.
Eilir: Interrogate is a harsh word. There’s no need for such means with us.
Æthelmyr: This interrogation won’t involve a great deal of pain, will it?
Eilir: Well… maybe the wizard.
Æthelmyr: Because I’m already willing to answer questions.
Mind Flayer: We will start with your names.
Æthelmyr: I’m Æthelmyr Leightover.
Æthelmyr: Some people just call me Myr, which is dumb.
Avaril the Average: So it’s fitting…
Æthelmyr: It’s like they can’t even pronounce my name properly.
Æthelmyr: You’re dumb, stop interrupting.
Campaign saved.
Æthelmyr: Anyway, I’m Æthelmyr.
Mind Flayer: The rest of you, speak. Know that if you are found to be harmful or deceiving, you will be consumed or used for reproduction.
Avaril the Average: You’re a blundering idiot and I hope they use you for their next… Whatever that is.
Eilir: Eilir Gough, daughter of Roland.
Avaril the Average points at the thing.
Mind Flayer: Answer only the questions you are asked.
Avaril the Average: Avaril.
Xenia: I’m Xenia, Xenia Oakenshield.
Bo-Taar: I am Bo-Tarr.
Avaril the Average: That’s Denzil.
Avaril the Average points.
DM: The two mind flayers hold a brief psychic conversation between themselves.
Matt (Avaril the Average): What, can we SEE it? How do we know this shit?
Æthelmyr: Do you think they can read our minds?
Matt (Avaril the Average): Is there like, psychic pew between them?
Keah (Eilir): maybe they’re giving each other knowing looks?
Æthelmyr: I don’t know if I’m comfortable with the idea of mind-reading.
DM: Psionic powers manifest in a variety of ways. For details, you can read the EPH. In this case, their eyes glow, just enough to be discerned in the light of the room.
Æthelmyr: It’d be like being part of a conversation but not having anything to say.
Æthelmyr shivers.
Avaril the Average: If only that were true in your case.
Sam (Xenia): haha
Mind Flayer: Please cease your babbling.
Avaril the Average: If I cut out your tongue, does it regrow?
Æthelmyr ceases her babbling.
Mind Flayer: You are associates of one named Isadora?
Mind Flayer: One of your kind?
Eilir: We are not.
Eilir: It’s the opposite, actually.
Matt (Avaril the Average): This just reminds me of the Futurama episode with the brain slugs. I could see a mindflayer trying to eat Aethelmyr’s mind and dying of starvation.
Keah (Eilir): haha
Keah (Eilir): or dying from too much going on at once.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Far from.
Campaign saved.
dublish (Æthelmyr): You’re mean.
Mind Flayer: That is near enough. Your patron has vouched for you.
Eilir: Our patron?
Avaril the Average: A whore?
Bo-Taar: Oh Really?
Avaril the Average: Oh, I’M the patron in that case.
Avaril the Average: Never mind.
Mind Flayer: You are unknown to us, so the elders have not granted you permission to enter.
Æthelmyr: That’s not what a patron is, Avaril.
Eilir: Avaril, shut up.
Mind Flayer: But the Prince requested you be received as his ambassadors. If you require anything from our city, we can send a slave to run your errands.
David (Bo-Taar): this worked out better than expected
Bo-Taar: Prince who?
Avaril the Average: Do you have a brothel?
Avaril the Average: Like, a normal borthel?
Matt (Avaril the Average): fuckspelling
Eilir: Do you think you could just… illusion him for a little while and get him quiet?
Avaril the Average: I wish to take her with me. So that.
Campaign saved.
Mind Flayer: The Dark Prince, not one of your race’s petty nobles. And we do not mate as crudely as your kind, young mage.
ElectricCaveman: man, my computer had a fit there for a bit.
ElectricCaveman: dunno what that was about
Avaril the Average: So… Not really?
Mind Flayer: No.
Avaril the Average: That’s a shame. I’m sorry Eilir. Next time, I promise.
Avaril the Average pats Eilir on the back.
Eilir ignores him.
Æthelmyr: Alright, let’s go see our patron.
Eilir: They won’t let us in. They already said that.
Mind Flayer: If you wish to leave so quickly, you may go.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Are one of these guys our patron?
Mind Flayer: But you are allowed to access our various facilities and workers as needed, through an intermediary, if you wish to.
Matt (Avaril the Average): IE: We met the guards, they’re vouching for us, and we can go beyond the gate now?
dublish (Æthelmyr): Yes, the Dark Prince vouched for us and requested that we meet with him.
Keah (Eilir): no. we met the guards, the Dark Prince is our patron and vouched for us, and we’re not allowed to go inside.
dublish (Æthelmyr): After hearing that we did not like Isadora, apparently.
ElectricCaveman: You all need to keep better track of things I tell you. The Dark Prince is Graz’zt, Isadora’s apparent demonic power source.
Keah (Eilir): yep
Campaign saved.
ElectricCaveman: He’s a demon lord of the abyss, not an illithid from some material city.
Keah (Eilir): oh. okay.
dublish (Æthelmyr): When was the last time we heard about him?
Eilir: I just want to rest. We’ve had a pretty bad time lately.
ElectricCaveman: When you started on this mission.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Who the fuck is Isadora? A drow we’re chasing, right?
Keah (Eilir): a couple sessions ago.
ElectricCaveman: So a while ago real-time.
Keah (Eilir): no. she’s the slaver woman.
Matt (Avaril the Average): The slavers that captured us?
Keah (Eilir): yes
Matt (Avaril the Average): That was so fucking long ago.
ElectricCaveman: Gasp! Continuity!
Keah (Eilir): ninja’d…
Matt (Avaril the Average): Fuck it, we’re here doing stuff. Someone drive.
Mind Flayer: You may camp as desired on this side of the gate. If you desire any supplies, they can be brought here for you.
Bo-Taar: I agree. we should rest.
Eilir: Thank you. Let’s… get out of here, though. This room gives me the creeps.
Avaril the Average: I would like tomes about necromancy. I need more powerful spells, like that one.
Avaril the Average points at the fleshthing.
Eilir: That’s about as helpful as me asking them for dragon blood.
Eilir: I doubt they’ll give it to you.
Avaril the Average: Do you have dragon blood?
Mind Flayer: If you search the remains of his ritual, you will find some of his writings. You may take what you wish.
Avaril the Average does that.
Eilir: I stand corrected.
Avaril the Average: Ask and ye shall receive. Except in the case of whores.
Eilir: That’s "pay ad ye shall receive," right?
Campaign saved.
Mind Flayer: I do not believe our shops stock the blood of dragons, but we will seek for it if your desire.
Eilir: If you can find me a pint of it, that would be great, actually.
Avaril the Average: It’s funny, it’s the one thing where you don’t want more than you paid for. IF YOU CATCH MY MEANING!
Avaril the Average laughs heartily.
Æthelmyr: I… don’t. Catch your meaning, I mean.
Eilir: Dragon’s blood?
Avaril the Average: Whores.
[w] -> Avaril the Average: Most of what the necromancer was using in his ritual has been destroyed or degraded beyond use, but you find a few things around his mutilated body: a wooden box of polished onyx stones, three handwritten books, and a delicate stone crown on the corpse’s head.
Æthelmyr: Anyway, I think I’m going back to the spider’s room.
Æthelmyr: I’d rather sleep there than with that.
Xenia: I agree.
Æthelmyr gestures at the mess Avaril is sorting through.
Eilir: Let’s go get some sleep.
Campaign saved.
[w] Avaril the Average: I will take all of those barring the crown.
Avaril the Average: Hey, I found this crown and I don’t want to disrupt this whole… Thing… Do you gentle…Things think it’s fine to take?
Mind Flayer: We have not analyzed the remains of the ritual. It has remained as you see it, undisturbed for many decades. I cannot speak to its safety or usefulness.
Avaril the Average: Would you be troubled if I took this then?
Mind Flayer: No.
Avaril the Average: Than I suppose I’ll take it.
Avaril the Average does so.
Æthelmyr: Have you lived down here for years, then?
Æthelmyr: You haven’t encountered any other peoples that live underground, have you?
Æthelmyr: Like dwarves or drow?
DM: The body shifts toward Avaril as he pulls the crown off its head, but nothing more dramatic than that occurs.
Æthelmyr: I heard some dragons live underground too.
Mind Flayer: The city is ancient. The gate is much younger. These catacombs are rarely disturbed.
Campaign saved.
Æthelmyr: Have you explored them at all?
Avaril the Average heads back to Mayor Spider’s room.
Mind Flayer: We observe only as much as needed to keep the security of the gate.
Mind Flayer: The traders who bring slaves know more of its secrets.
‘dublish’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
‘Matt’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
‘Matt’ reconnected
Xenia pointy ears perk up.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Did I miss anything? My connection shit.
Xenia: Are there any traders around that we could speak with?
Avaril the Average sits in front of Eilir and stares at her, locking eye gaze contact focus.
ElectricCaveman: No. Not based on the messages I got.
Eilir is asleep.
‘dublish’ disconnected
Avaril the Average lays next to her and stares at her face, willing her awake.
Mind Flayer: Another trade is not expected for several months.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Kyle can’t read ANY of that… Give him a moment to try and unfuck shit.
‘dublish’ connected
Campaign saved.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Now he’s back. But I may not be?
‘Keah’ reconnected
Keah (Eilir): i lost connection there for a moment.
Matt (Avaril the Average): EVERYTHING IS FIXED NOW!?
dublish (Æthelmyr): Yes.
dublish (Æthelmyr): So.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Resting?
Keah (Eilir): i am resting.
David (Bo-Taar): yes
Xenia: Let me long term care you guys first.
DM: You can’t long-term care them if you’re sleeping, too.
DM: Are you all spending a whole day down here?
dublish (Æthelmyr): Yes?
dublish (Æthelmyr): No?
Keah (Eilir): no preference. we don’t seem to be under any thread at the moment.
dublish (Æthelmyr): I thought just enough for spells to replenish.
Æthelmyr: And then more looting the dead city!
dublish (Æthelmyr): And then more looting the dead city!
David (Bo-Taar): looting!
Matt (Avaril the Average): THREAD!
Keah (Eilir): so just an 8-hour rest and then we’ll move on.
Avaril the Average -> Resting.
Campaign saved.
Eilir -> Resting.
Æthelmyr -> Resting.
Denzil -> Resting.
Xenia -> Resting.
Bo-Taar -> Resting.
Awarding 9200 XP to the Party
[1533 XP] -> Eilir
[1533 XP] -> Xenia
[1533 XP] -> Æthelmyr
[1533 XP] -> Denzil
[1533 XP] -> Bo-Taar
[1533 XP] -> Avaril the Average
David (Bo-Taar): woooo xp
Keah (Eilir): woo! XP! and lots of it.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Sweet.
ElectricCaveman: That’s like, a third of a level.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Let’s go fight something again!
Keah (Eilir): that’s still a lot.
DM: You all rest the night away in the ancient catacombs. When you wake, all is as you left it the night before.
Eilir stretches.
Eilir: Think those mind flayers found that blood?
Æthelmyr: I doubt it.
Eilir: You’re probably right, but I’ll go check, then we can get going.
Eilir goes to check in with the mind flayers.
Campaign saved.
DM: There are still two mind flayers standing guard in the chamber below. You think they’re the same two, but you’re not sure you’d be able to tell if they weren’t.
Eilir: I ask them about the dragon blood.
Mind Flayer: We did not find any stocked, but one of our citizens believes he could acquire what you need, but it will not be cheap or quick.
Eilir: That’s fine. We’ll find it our own way. Thanks for checking.
Mind Flayer: Are there any further services you desire us to perform?
Eilir: Not at present. We’re going to look around the ruins some more today.
Mind Flayer: You may leave in peace as you will.
Eilir heads back to the others.
Æthelmyr: We ready to go?
Eilir: Whenever you are.
Campaign saved.
Bo-Taar: Lets go.
DM: You head back into the remains of the ancient catacombs.
Æthelmyr: OK, let’s take a left when we reach the room where we killed zombies and skeletons.
Avaril the Average: Eilire.
Avaril the Average: Eilir.
Avaril the Average: Come here now.
Avaril the Average: Now.
Avaril the Average: Here.
Avaril the Average points at the ground.
Eilir: What? Why. No.
Avaril the Average Yes. Now.
Avaril the Average: Yes now.
Eilir cracks a sunrod and keeps walking.
Avaril the Average runs up and grabs Eilir’s shoulder.
Avaril the Average: Yes.
Eilir: What do you want?
DM: What more you see of the necropolis is much as the parts you’ve already been through were – broken, worn out, and picked clean. It appears that Sarshan was correct; this old necropolis was picked clean by adventurers and tomb robbers long ago.
Avaril the Average: I wish to confess my undying love to you.
Avaril the Average: What do you THINK!?
Avaril the Average: How magical is this thing?
Avaril the Average thrusts the crown towards her.
Æthelmyr: Aw, that’s so…
Eilir: You could have just asked that in the first place.
Æthelmyr: Oh.
Avaril the Average: I would have but you walked away like a scorned harlot.
Eilir: Set it on the ground there, away from the rest of our magical stuff.
Eilir: Bo-Taar, can I borrow the monocle?
Campaign saved.
Bo-Taar: Sure
Bo-Taar hands Eilir the monocle
Eilir -> [CAST] Detect Magic
Avaril the Average: So?
Eilir: Give me a minute. These things take time.
Avaril the Average: Too much time.
DM: You study the crown for a bit. You determine that it enhances intellect (+2 INT), and holds detailed knowledge of necromancy (+5 on knowledge and spellcraft regarding necromancy stuff.)
Eilir: Alright, Avaril. It looks like it’s safe for you to wear.
Eilir hands the monocle back to Bo-Taar.
Avaril the Average: Eilir may I see your hand for a moment?
Avaril the Average outstretches his.
Eilir: Why?
Æthelmyr: !!!
Avaril the Average puts his forward again.
Æthelmyr looks very excited.
Eilir: You’re going to Æthelmyr a heart attack.
Campaign saved.
Avaril the Average: That’s fine with me.
Avaril the Average: Maybe she’ll die and shut up.
Avaril the Average: Your hand?
Avaril the Average reaches again.
Eilir: Well I don’t trust you, so until you tell me what you really want, then no.
Æthelmyr: You have to get down on one knee!
Avaril the Average: I’m wounded.
Æthelmyr: …
Avaril the Average grabs EIlir’s sleeve and wipes the crown off.
Avaril the Average: It was on that thing.
Avaril the Average puts the crown on.
Bo-Taar picks up the monocle
Bo-Taar: Thank you
Æthelmyr looks very disappointed.
Bo-Taar puts monocle on and looks schnazzy
Eilir: I need to think about getting a new tunic…
Avaril the Average: Can I have that one when you’re done? It seems to absorb well.
Avaril the Average: It would make a nice rag to clean my personal things with.
Avaril the Average: Like this crown. See it?
Avaril the Average flaunts his crown.
Eilir: Sure. Whatever. But NOT until I get a new shirt.
Avaril the Average: You have three days.
Eilir: No.
Avaril the Average: Then it’s mine regardless.
Avaril the Average: Things get dirty fast!
Æthelmyr: So were we here to find Isadora, or what?
Avaril the Average: I’m worried about this new crown!
Eilir: Use the hem of your robe or something.
Avaril the Average flaunts his crown.
Eilir: We’re here to find out about her associates.
Eilir: Evidently, her associates like us.
Avaril the Average: AND DIRTY MY ARTICLES OF CLOTHING!? ARE YOU MAD!?
Æthelmyr: So what do we do about that?
Æthelmyr: And how is it that one of the Nine Lords of the Abyss likes us?
Eilir: I don’t really know.
Æthelmyr: Did somebody murder small children while I wasn’t looking?
Xenia: I have no idea. And it make s me nervous.
Æthelmyr eyes Avaril suspiciously.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Hey Peter, I see the books and the box, but not the crown in my inventory. Is it in there?
ElectricCaveman: Now it is.
Eilir: We could go back to the mind flayers and ask them more questions, I guess.
Xenia: We have had some strange conversations with strange people in the past…but these guys take the cake.
Campaign saved.
Eilir: They don’t seem so bad. Reasonable, even.
Eilir: Y’know… once the Prince of Darkness has vouched for us.
Xenia: A mind flayer just told us the Demon Prince of hte underworld is our patron.
Xenia: Reasonable is not hte word that springs to mind.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Peter did you alter my int or do I need to? I don’t remember what it was but it seems higher.
Eilir: Well… maybe he likes us because we’re going after the Legs?
Matt (Avaril the Average): Looks like it’s higher so yay.
ElectricCaveman: I didn’t do anything to it.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Oh. So it should now be 17. I thought I had 12/13 in that.
Æthelmyr: There’s a lot of things that I think we need to learn about this whole situation.
Eilir: Well, we can start by finding out about the slaving operation.
ElectricCaveman: I thought you had 14. So I don’t know.
Matt (Avaril the Average): The sheet said 15 and I’m pretty sure I haven’t fucked with it.
Matt (Avaril the Average): And I thought it was actually 12.
ElectricCaveman: 15 works for me
Æthelmyr: I think we found the slaving operation.
Æthelmyr: And I don’t really want to fight a city full of mindflayers.
Eilir: Well, yes, but what do they do with the slaves? And where do they take them? Do they bring them to that city? And what does this Prince have to do with any of it?
Campaign saved.
Æthelmyr: He told us that if we needed anything, a slave could be sent to get it. Ergo, they take the slaves to the city.
Eilir: I suppose.
Bo-Taar: hmmm
Eilir: So what does this have to do with Isadora and her… er… our patron?
Æthelmyr: I don’t have a clue.
Æthelmyr: Isadora doesn’t like you, but the Prince she’s working with names himself our patron to keep mind flayers from flaying our minds.
Æthelmyr: What have I missed?
Xenia: Why he would do that?
Eilir: There’s a forbidden city to which a portal was opened when a necromancer failed some ritual.
Avaril the Average: I have a new crown. Don’t forget that.
Bo-Taar: It doesn’t make any sense
Campaign saved.
Æthelmyr: Alright, let’s go back and see if we can learn anything else from those creatures.
Bo-Taar: Ok
Æthelmyr leads the way back to the gate.
DM: When you get back to the gate, two mind flayers are still standing guard.
Æthelmyr: We’d like to learn more about our patron.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Was it Sarshan that told us about the Dark Prince and Isadora working together?
Keah (Eilir): Denzil did.
David (Bo-Taar): i think that was before my time….
Mind Flayer: That is between you and the Dark Prince. The secrets of the great demons are not given lightly.
Avaril the Average: We have never met this person.
Avaril the Average: Ever.
Æthelmyr: How may we contact him? How has he contacted you?
Campaign saved.
Mind Flayer: A demon lord’s schemes are beyond even my race’s comprehension and lifetimes. He is an ally to our city. Your own actions with him are his business. We can do nothing for you when it comes to your patron.
Æthelmyr: And the woman, Isadora. She brings slaves to you?
Mind Flayer: Sometimes her, sometimes others.
Eilir: What happens to the slaves? They work in your city?
Matt (Avaril the Average): Are we supposed to know why this dude vouches for us? I feel like either this is a mystery, or we had a plot point we didn’t pick up.
Mind Flayer: They work, or are eaten, or are for spawn. What are you seeking here?
dublish (Æthelmyr): I think Katheryn got it. We’re both opposed to the drow.
Eilir: Just information.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Do we know WHY?
Keah (Eilir): the Dark Prince is an enemy of the Drow.
Keah (Eilir): or Lolth.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Okay. Sure.
ElectricCaveman: Ancient rivalry and stuff. Myr made a good knowledge (religion) check on Graz’zt a couple sessions ago.
Campaign saved.
ElectricCaveman: Basically, he’s jealous of Lolth’s power/influence/territory/divinity.
Eilir: So I think we found out what we wanted to know. Shall we head back up to the surface?
Keah (Eilir): or is there more of the unexplored area that we missed?
ElectricCaveman: You can keep exploring if you want. I can come up with stuff to put down here.
Æthelmyr: I doubt there’s anything else of worth down here.
Æthelmyr: Let’s go.
ElectricCaveman: The point of the necropolis was a place for the portal, but if you like the idea and want to keep exploring, I’m okay with that.
Keah (Eilir): i was just stumped as to what all was down here or if it was just the portal. so i’m good with heading back out.
Bo-Taar: I agree.
Avaril the Average: I’m studying those notes and books vigorously. Even while walking. Inattentively walking.
David (Bo-Taar): FYI we gotta go in about an hour… 6:00 our time
Campaign saved.
Eilir: I suppose the next thing is to figure out how to contact Isaac.
Matt (Avaril the Average): GO WHERE!?
Æthelmyr: I imagine Isaac will find us eventually. We should focus on finding Ashley and recovering the Legs.
DM: You make your way out of the catacomb ruins, back into the dry desert heat.
Eilir: Okay. We’ll do that, then.
DM: Denzil knows how to get a message to Isaac if he found anything to report.
Æthelmyr: So nomadic psionics are what we are looking for, right?
Bo-Taar: I thought so. Where to start looking?
DM: You make your way back to your borrowed camels. As you get close, you see a Drow woman feeding one of your camels out of her hand.
Eilir: Of course…
Æthelmyr: Hey wait what’s that.
Campaign saved.
Sam (Xenia): Drow like camels?
Eilir is speaking :
You there! Step away!
Translated Elven: You there! Step away!
David (Bo-Taar): i thought it said Drow feeding on our camels….
Keah (Eilir): lol
Avaril the Average: Shoot first, ask questions later!
Drow is speaking :
These are such odd creatures. I may have to take them with me to study. They are amusing.
Translated Elven: These are such odd creatures. I may have to take them with me to study. They are amusing.
Æthelmyr: No, that’s silly.
Bo-Taar: What did he say?
David (Bo-Taar): she_
Avaril the Average: Talk normal or I’ll kill both of you.
Eilir is speaking :
You can’t have them.
Translated Elven: You can’t have them.
Eilir: She wants our camels. She likes them.
Bo-Taar: I like them too.
Bo-Taar: And its a long walk to anywhere from here
Drow: Tell you what. If you test my latest experiment, I’ll leave your camels alone.
Drow: Unless you die, then you won’t need them anyway.
Avaril the Average: And what if we just kill you and eat your flesh?
Xenia: Oh dear. A Drow with a scientific bent. Wonderful.
Eilir: We will offer you no assistance. Step away, or I will drop you.
Eilir readies her bow.
DM: You recognize this woman as the sorceress who attacked you on the way to the Shrine at the oasis with a team of male Drow warriors.
David (Bo-Taar): the one who got away….
Keah (Eilir): indeed.
Drow: Oh, good. You’re ready.
Bo-Taar tightens his grip on his hammer
Æthelmyr -> [INIT] [1d20+4 = 20]
Eilir: [INIT] [1d20+2 = 14]
Bo-Taar -> [INIT] [1d20+2 = 8]
Xenia -> [INIT] [1d20+1 = 17]
Avaril the Average -> [INIT] [1d20+2 = 9]
Keah (Eilir): has kalyn been away this whole time?
David (Bo-Taar): how do i increase my iniit and make it not suck?
Matt (Avaril the Average): Nearly?
Keah (Eilir): increase your DEX or take improved initiative.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Roll better.
Drow pulls a colored, knotted string from her pocket and tugs it. It unravels, and the air shimmers between you and her. From the shimmering air materializes a creature that looks half human male, and half giant wasp.
Keah (Eilir): that, too.
Matt (Avaril the Average): My way’s not wasteful.
Eilir -> [SKILL] Spellcraft [1d20+11 = 25]
David (Bo-Taar): which half is which?
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Knowledge (arcana) [MOD:INT] [1d20+9 = 22]
David (Bo-Taar): cause a wasp head and human legs doesnt scare me as much…
Campaign saved.
Keah (Eilir): maybe it’s just a mish-mash.
DM: The upper body of a human male is scarred and stitched together, but looks to be all from one man. Instead of human legs, he thorax and abdomen of a giant wasp have been fused on.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Does it fly?
DM: It has wings, but is currently on the ground.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Do I know what it is?
Avaril the Average: KILL HER FIRST! SHE’S A LARGER BITCH!
Avaril the Average: I mean she’s so incredibly fat. A brothel would rather take a leper than her!
Keah (Eilir): it’s a frankensteinian experiment.
DM: Pretty much. She just stuck half a man and half a wasp together and made a monstrous humanoid out of it.
DM: That’s what you know. Plus what you know about wasps. It’s just like an ordinary wasp, but huge.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Fuck.
‘Zero’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
Eilir: so it’s killable. let’s do this!
dublish (Æthelmyr): Game over guys.
Avaril the Average: She’s also killable! WE SHOULD KILL HER FAT ASS FIRST!
dublish (Æthelmyr): Run while you can.
Avaril the Average: Careful not to get caught under her when she falls or she’d crush even Bo-Taar to death!
‘Zero’ disconnected
dublish (Æthelmyr): Generic Combat Map.
Campaign saved.
Keah (Eilir): and the drow woman?
ElectricCaveman: I’m finding her a token.
Keah (Eilir): okay.
Matt (Avaril the Average): WE DON’T HAVE A MAP BIG ENOUGH FOR HER!
dublish (Æthelmyr): Where’s the drow?
Keah (Eilir): he’s getting there. i just asked that.
dublish (Æthelmyr): And the camels?
‘Zero’ connected
DM: The camels are running away.
Xenia: nooooOOOooo
dublish (Æthelmyr): Fuckno
Keah (Eilir): Xenia! Handle them!
ElectricCaveman: I don’t have a camel token :(
David (Bo-Taar): you cant HANDLE the camels
Keah (Eilir): sure you can. Handle Animal.
Campaign saved.
Keah (Eilir): camels are animals.
Xenia: I only have plus 2! Someone else handle them! also, don’t you have to be near htem?
Sam (Xenia): oh crap
Zero (Denzil): so are we killing them all now?
Keah (Eilir): we’ll just make this last 1 round. they won’t get far in 6s.
Matt (Avaril the Average): They’ll be back when this fight’s over, I’m sure of it.
Avaril the Average: Camel’s always congregate at the site of a recent battle.
DM: Denzil, roll init and we’ll get this going.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Carrion camels.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Katheryn needs to draw a picture of carrion camels.
Denzil -> [INIT] [1d20+4 = 10]
Keah (Eilir): i can’t draw animals. and i’m even worse at gore.
[ROUND 1]
[TURN] Drow Sorceress
dublish (Æthelmyr): Make it impressionistic.
Keah (Eilir): i shall use cubism.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Like Pickassoh.
Keah (Eilir): i was never good at impressionism, either. tried it once.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Fine, make it expressionistic.
Matt (Avaril the Average): JUST FUCKING DO IT YOU JERK.
Matt (Avaril the Average): GOSH!
Denzil: go drow so I can kill you quickly!
Campaign saved.
Avaril the Average: I don’t think that makes sense.
DM: The sorceress casts a quick spell, and rushes some 60’ skyward.
Drow: Put on a good show for me!
[TURN] Æthelmyr
Æthelmyr looks up at her jealously.
Keah (Eilir): hey kyle. i think you might be able to put the waspguy to sleep.
Keah (Eilir): or affect his mind.
Æthelmyr -> [CAST] Whelming Blast [at Tauric Wasp]
David (Bo-Taar): uhhh i cant hit her in the air…. dang it
Tauric Wasp -> [SAVE] Will [VS DC 17] [SUCCESS] [1d20+9 = 26]
Keah (Eilir): don’t worry. i can.
[TURN] Xenia
David (Bo-Taar): shoot her in the eye for me
dublish (Æthelmyr): That is a very high will save.
Avaril the Average: Me too.
Keah (Eilir): i don’t know that i can do THAT.
David (Bo-Taar): only 60’
Keah (Eilir): up. triangle.
David (Bo-Taar): SOHCAHTOA
Sam (Xenia): ewwww
Keah (Eilir): 70ft, if i move a bit.
Xenia: I cast spiritual weapon and direct it to the lady.
ElectricCaveman: go sam go!
Keah (Eilir): woo!
Xenia -> [CAST] Spiritual Weapon
David (Bo-Taar): so.. i have javelins in my inventory. can i grab one and throw it in one turn?
Campaign saved.
Keah (Eilir): someone needs to focus on the bug. you’re good at smashing.
Drow: I am NOT part of this experiment, girl! Stay focused!
David (Bo-Taar): right, i just cant get to it this round unless i double move i guess
Keah (Eilir): charge.
Keah (Eilir): move your full movement and attack. you have a straight line. i’ll make sure not to block you.
Xenia: +4 [1d20+4 = 9]
Sam (Xenia): and misses, because it sucks
David (Bo-Taar): oh i didnt know i could do that
DM: The drow dodges easily
‘Matt’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
‘dublish’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
Xenia: And I move.
[TURN] Eilir
ElectricCaveman: aaand, there go Matt and Kyle…
Keah (Eilir): it’s a full-round action, and it adds +2 to attack but subtracts 2 from AC.
‘dublish’ reconnected
‘Matt’ reconnected
Eilir -> [ATTACK (R)] Dragonbone Longbow (+2 STR) [1d20+8 = 28]
Attack [28] -> [at Drow Sorceress] [AUTOMATIC HIT]
Eilir -> [ATTACK (R)] Dragonbone Longbow (+2 STR) [CONFIRM] [1d20+8 = 25]
Attack [25] -> [at Drow Sorceress] [CRITICAL HIT]
dublish (Æthelmyr): Where do we go?
Sam (Xenia): woooo!
David (Bo-Taar): nice
Eilir -> [DAMAGE (R)] Dragonbone Longbow (+2 STR) [CRITICAL] [TYPE: piercing(x3)] [1d8+2g8+6 = 18]
Damage [18] -> [to Drow Sorceress]
ElectricCaveman: your connection
ElectricCaveman: You reconnected quickly this time
Keah (Eilir): dang…
Keah (Eilir): she has a lot of HP for a sorc.
[TURN] Denzil
Drow: I am not your enemy today, fools!
Zero (Denzil): hmm
Avaril the Average: YOU ARE ALWAYS OUR ENEMY YOU FLYING COW!
Zero (Denzil): do we attack her or not?
David (Bo-Taar): yeah maybe we should focus on the bug, shes gunna be a pain to kill
Drow: Hehe. Flying cow. That sounds like fun!
Xenia: You just sicced a big wasp-man on us! It certainly FEELS like you are are enemy!
Drow: You’re clever, for a man!
Matt (Avaril the Average): I’m going to attack her.
‘dublish’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
Xenia: I’ll work on the wasp now, and leave my sword, worthless thing htat it is, on her.
Denzil -> [ATTACK (R)] +1 Elvencraft Composite Longbow [1d20+9 = 17]
Attack [17] -> [at Tauric Wasp] [MISS]
‘Matt’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
Denzil: what? crazy
‘dublish’ reconnected
[TURN] Avaril the Average
Campaign saved.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Matt might be out.
‘Matt’ disconnected
‘Matt’ connected
Matt (Avaril the Average): So…. What?
ElectricCaveman: It’s your turn.
Avaril the Average -> [CAST] Magic Missile [at Drow Sorceress]
Avaril the Average -> [CL CHECK] Magic Missile [at Drow Sorceress] [SUCCESS] [1d20+6 = 23]
Avaril the Average -> [DAMAGE] Magic Missile [TYPE: force,spell] [1d4+1 = 4]
Damage [4] -> [to Drow Sorceress]
Matt (Avaril the Average): Uh, should be two…
Avaril the Average -> [DAMAGE] Magic Missile [TYPE: force,spell] [1d4+1 = 4]
Damage [4] -> [to Drow Sorceress]
[TURN] Bo-Taar
Matt (Avaril the Average): She’s down to moderate! Keep fucking her up!
Eilir: bo-taar should charge and smash that waspman
Campaign saved.
David (Bo-Taar): yeah im gunna do that
Bo-Taar: CHARRRRRGGGGGGEEE!!!
Keah (Eilir): +2 in your mod box by your dice.
David (Bo-Taar): oh ok
Bo-Taar -> [ATTACK (M)] Adamantine Goliath Greathammer (Large) (+2) [1d20+14 = 29]
Attack [29] -> [at Tauric Wasp] [HIT]
Bo-Taar -> [DAMAGE (M)] Adamantine Goliath Greathammer (Large) [MULT:1.5] [TYPE: bludgeoning(x4)] [3d6+10 = 21]
Damage [21] -> [to Tauric Wasp] [MODERATE DAMAGE]
[TURN] Tauric Wasp
Avaril the Average: Don’t hit it again! It’s down to moderate and if we kill it before her she gets away!
Matt (Avaril the Average): hesaidinooc
Drow: [SKILL] Concentration [1d20+10 = 22]
DM: [CAST] Fireburst [at Bo-Taar]
Bo-Taar -> [SAVE] Reflex [VS DC 15] [SUCCESS] [1d20+3 = 23]
DM: [DAMAGE] Fireburst [TYPE: fire,spell] [5d8+2 = 29]
Damage [29] -> [to Bo-Taar] [HEAVY DAMAGE]
Keah (Eilir): the wasp casts magic?
Æthelmyr: Oh my.
DM: Except you only take half, because ref save
Matt (Avaril the Average): Um. The fuck?
Sam (Xenia): Oh good. And Oh dear.
David (Bo-Taar): ouch
Campaign saved.
Keah (Eilir): please tell me that was waspman exploding.
DM: The wasp-man casts a spell and summons up an explosion of fire. Bo-taar is injured, but the wasp-man is fine.
Keah (Eilir): aw.
Matt (Avaril the Average): What an asshole of a waspman.
Zero (Denzil): someone should heal bo-taar while we fight
DM: The wasp-man then takes to the air. AoO for Bo-Taar.
Zero (Denzil): unless this…
Keah (Eilir): sam could use bo-taar himself as cover to cast without doing it defensively.
Avaril the Average: I WONDER HOW LARGE OF A CRATER SHE’S GOING TO LEAVE WHEN WE BRING HER DOWN TO THE GROUND DEAD!
Bo-Taar -> [ATTACK (M)] Adamantine Goliath Greathammer (Large) [1d20+12 = 25]
Attack [25] -> [at Tauric Wasp] [HIT]
Bo-Taar -> [DAMAGE (M)] Adamantine Goliath Greathammer (Large) [MULT:1.5] [TYPE: bludgeoning(x4)] [3d6+10 = 24]
Damage [24] -> [to Tauric Wasp] [HEAVY DAMAGE]
Matt (Avaril the Average): Is it my turn yet? I want to kill the drow.
DM: Bo-taar smashes the wasp-man with his hammer, but the creature still rises up 30’ into the air.
[ROUND 2]
[TURN] Drow Sorceress
Æthelmyr: Throw your hammer at it!
Drow: I’m obviously a distraction here. I’ll take care of that.
Drow casts another spell.
Avaril the Average: It’ll come back to you, provided you stand under it!
DM: The drow vanishes from sight.
Avaril the Average -> [SKILL] Spellcraft [1d20+10 = 14]
Matt (Avaril the Average): fuckmyassraw
Eilir -> [SKILL] Spellcraft [1d20+11 = 18]
Matt (Avaril the Average): yourstoo
Keah (Eilir): lol
DM: It was a basic invisibility spell.
Matt (Avaril the Average): We have detect magic yo.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Eilir, you thiknin’ what I’m thinkin’?
Eilir: Anyone know Glitterdust or Faerie Fire?
Æthelmyr: Quiet, fool!
Avaril the Average: Who the fuck are you talking to, yourself?
Campaign saved.
[TURN] Æthelmyr
Æthelmyr: Shut it, ass!
Æthelmyr -> [ATTACK (R)] Longbow [1d20+6 = 9]
Attack [9] -> [at Tauric Wasp] [MISS]
[TURN] Xenia
Keah (Eilir): you can’t leave until combat is over, sam!
Sam (Xenia): We gotta leave in 5 mins.
Æthelmyr: Hit the waspman!
Sam (Xenia): um, If I cast summon monster, can I only summon the NG things? Or can I also summon a LG thing? like, say, an owl?
dublish (Æthelmyr): Summon something 100 feet above the waspman.
Sam (Xenia): since I am NG?
ElectricCaveman: You can summon a LG thing.
dublish (Æthelmyr): And then let it fall straight down.
Xenia: OKay, I cast Summon monster, and summon an owl.
ElectricCaveman: summon bigger fish?
Xenia -> [CAST] Summon Monster I
Campaign saved.
Sam (Xenia): to fight the wasp
Keah (Eilir): poor little owl.
Sam (Xenia): he’s a big celestail owl.
[TURN] Eilir
DM: He’s celestial, but he’s normal owl size.
Eilir -> [ATTACK (R)] Dragonbone Longbow (+2 STR) [1d20+8 = 11]
Attack [11] -> [at Tauric Wasp] [MISS]
[TURN] Denzil
[GM] [TURN] Owl
[TURN] Xenia
[TURN] Owl
Keah (Eilir): THE OWL IS EVIL!!!
Denzil: is it my turn?
DM: after owl
Zero (Denzil): ok
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Talons [1d20+5 = 16]
Attack [16] -> [at Tauric Wasp] [MISS]
[TURN] Denzil
dublish (Æthelmyr): Maybe the owl can bump into the drow.

Chat log started at 16.3.2013 / 17:08:06

3.5E v2.9.2 ruleset for Fantasy Grounds II.
Copyright 2012 Smiteworks USA, LLC.

Languages v2.5 Extension for FGII 3.5E ruleset by Tenian (converted to 3.5E by Trenloe & Callum). Copyright 2011 Smiteworks. This extension uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC, which are used under Paizo’s Community Use Policy. We are expressly prohibited from charging you to use or access this content. This extension is not published, endorsed, or specifically approved by Paizo Publishing. For more information about Paizo’s Community Use Policy, please visit paizo.com/communityuse. For more information about Paizo Publishing and Paizo products, please visit paizo.com.

Chat log started at 17.3.2013 / 13:12:59

3.5E v2.9.2 ruleset for Fantasy Grounds II.
Copyright 2012 Smiteworks USA, LLC.

Languages v2.5 Extension for FGII 3.5E ruleset by Tenian (converted to 3.5E by Trenloe & Callum). Copyright 2011 Smiteworks. This extension uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC, which are used under Paizo’s Community Use Policy. We are expressly prohibited from charging you to use or access this content. This extension is not published, endorsed, or specifically approved by Paizo Publishing. For more information about Paizo’s Community Use Policy, please visit paizo.com/communityuse. For more information about Paizo Publishing and Paizo products, please visit paizo.com.
‘dublish’ connected
Campaign saved.
‘dublish’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
Campaign saved.
‘dublish’ disconnected
Campaign saved.
‘Sam’ connected
‘Keah’ connected
Campaign saved.
‘David’ connected
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
‘dublish’ connected
‘Zero’ connected
‘Matt’ connected
‘Zero’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
Campaign saved.
‘Zero’ disconnected
Campaign saved.
‘Zero’ connected
Campaign saved.
Denzil: kill wasp time?
[TURN] Denzil
dublish (Æthelmyr): Yeah!
Keah (Eilir): kill that spellcasting wasp!
Denzil -> [ATTACK (R)] +1 Elvencraft Composite Longbow [1d20+9 = 12]
Attack [12] -> [at Tauric Wasp] [MISS]
Zero (Denzil): eek, run away!
Keah (Eilir): lol
Zero (Denzil): I declare my dodge on the wasp
Denzil: ok, i think thats it
[TURN] Avaril the Average
Avaril the Average -> [CAST] Magic Missile [at Tauric Wasp]
Avaril the Average -> [DAMAGE] Magic Missile [TYPE: force,spell] [1d4+1 = 4]
Damage [4] -> [to Tauric Wasp]
Avaril the Average -> [DAMAGE] Magic Missile [TYPE: force,spell] [1d4+1 = 4]
Damage [4] -> [to Tauric Wasp]
[TURN] Bo-Taar
Matt (Avaril the Average): God damnit. I was supposed to kill it so I would be the hero and all the ladies would want me!
Keah (Eilir): now you can javelin.
David (Bo-Taar): can i draw and throw in same turn?
DM: yes
Bo-Taar -> [ATTACK (R)] Javelin (Large) [1d20+7 = 25]
Attack [25] -> [at Tauric Wasp] [HIT]
Bo-Taar -> [DAMAGE (R)] Javelin (Large) [MULT:1] [TYPE: piercing] [1d8+6 = 12]
Damage [12] -> [to Tauric Wasp] [DYING]
[TURN] Tauric Wasp
DM: The wasp-thing falls back to the ground with a thud.
Matt (Avaril the Average): I CALL THE COUP!
Campaign saved.
Sam (Xenia): man, I was scared of him and used both my cool spells. And they didn’t even do anything cool.
Sam (Xenia): and now he’s dead.
Drow: Well, that wasn’t very impressive.
[ROUND 3]
[GM] [TURN] Drow Sorceress
Drow: I’l have to make the next one more resilient.
Drow: And maybe make a flying cow…
Æthelmyr: Or you could just go away and not bother us.
Denzil: there won’t be a next one you cow
Drow soars away at speed.
Avaril the Average: You are a flying cow!
Bo-Taar: COWARD!
Keah (Eilir): sounds like i can shoot at her once more. can i?
Avaril the Average: Oh, I get it.
Avaril the Average: So you do have some humor in you, huh?
Bo-Taar nods
Keah (Eilir): eh. nevermind. it’s not like i could kill her.
Drow: You can shoot as she’s fleeing, sure. She’s currently 120’ up and 140’ away.
Eilir: So now we have a mad Drow scientist following us around.
Sam (Xenia): thats a fun character invention. me gusta.
Campaign saved.
Eilir: Think there’s any chance of catching the camels?
Xenia: I wish she would experiment on someone else.
Xenia: hmm…
Matt (Avaril the Average): What?
Xenia looks around for the camels
David (Bo-Taar): they’ve only been runing for 18 seconds right?
Keah (Eilir): THE CAMELS RAN AWAY
David (Bo-Taar): its not like they run too fast
Avaril the Average: We could shoot the camels and then find their corpses.
Æthelmyr: No.
Eilir sighs.
Æthelmyr: Let’s go get them instead.
Sam (Xenia): how do you call a camel?
Keah (Eilir): you tell us, nature person.
Keah (Eilir): did they head in a direction we want to go?
Sam (Xenia): hey, I’m asking as me, not Xenia. She may know, but I have no clue.
Keah (Eilir): haha knowledge nature
Sam (Xenia): unless you meant I’m the nature person, in which case, I never took Camels.
Sam (Xenia): haha
Drow: The camels didn’t get very far. You find them easily enough.
ElectricCaveman: id issues
ElectricCaveman: grr
Eilir: alright. we go after the camels then.
Xenia: on the run, I heal Bo-Taar a little. He looks kinda singed.
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Handle Animal [1d20+2 = 5]
Xenia -> [HEAL] Cure Moderate Wounds [2d8+3 = 13]
Heal [13] -> [to Bo-Taar]
dublish (Æthelmyr): I drive the camels further away.
Bo-Taar: That feels much better, thank you
Keah (Eilir): You couldn’t do much anyway. it’s trained only.
DM: Aethelmyr takes a shot at speaking Camel. The camels are not impressed.
Matt (Avaril the Average): I slit all the camels’ throats so they’ll never run away again.
Campaign saved.
dublish (Æthelmyr): We don’t slit the camels’ throats.
[TURN] Æthelmyr
dublish (Æthelmyr): We catch the camels and go on our merry way.
Keah (Eilir): yes.
DM: After rounding up the camels, you head back to the Shrine. Things are pretty much as you left them, though it seems a bit busier.
Eilir: So I guess we should contact Isaac now?
Æthelmyr: Yeah. No telling when or if we’ll actually get Isadora.
Avaril the Average: Did a bitch come through here?
Eilir: I doubt she’d come THROUGH here. Unless she was collecting more slaves.
Campaign saved.
Eilir: The next thing is to figure out how to get to the other side of the desert so we can find Ashley.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Who’s Ashley?
Keah (Eilir): the person we’re looking for.
DM: As you are conversing, Sarshan approaches.
Avaril the Average: Have you seen a bitch?
Sarshan: Welcome, friends.
Sarshan: What?
Denzil: greetings, ignore him
Avaril the Average: We were attacked and we want to kill her.
Eilir: Ignore him. He’s perpetually drunk.
Avaril the Average: With violence.
Avaril the Average: You’re drunk!
Avaril the Average: Oh, thanks for reminding me…
Sarshan: How went your latest expedition?
Avaril the Average grabs a bottle of his whiskey.
Eilir: Informative, to say the least.
Xenia: Well, we are all alive and mostly whole at the end of it…so I suppose it went alright.
Xenia laughs lightly.
Sarshan: Yes, I expect that is a common outlook amongst those who do what you do. That is one reason I merely keep this simple shrine. Such dangers are not for me.
Bo-Taar: Has anything happened here?
Sarshan: In the days you were gone, the oases have begun to recover. There are many who are thankful for your actions.
Eilir: That’s excellent news!
Campaign saved.
Xenia smiles in satisfaction.
Sarshan: Do you still plan to cross the desert on your journey?
Eilir: Well, considering the person we seek is on the other side, yes. Unless you know of a better way.
Sarshan: You will not get there more quickly than by crossing straight through. I expect the land’s perils will not dissuade you.
Sarshan: You will need a guide to make it, though, and I may be able to help with that.
Avaril the Average: Did we get paid for this?
Avaril the Average: I don’t remember.
DM: yes, you did
Avaril the Average: Can we get paid more?
Avaril the Average: Will you pay me more?
User ‘Keah’ has gone AFK.
Keah (Eilir): brb. guide sounds good.
Matt (Avaril the Average): So you’re going to go get one?
Xenia: As the others have said, ignore him. Do you have a guide in mind?
Avaril the Average: Ignore this!
Avaril the Average: stands as close to Xenia as possible.
Avaril the Average FUCK
Matt (Avaril the Average): Oh damnit.
Keah (Eilir): haha
Xenia smiles sweetly and grinds her heel into Avarils toe.
Matt (Avaril the Average): springs bad keys no press need new boardkey
Avaril the Average: Ha, jokes on you deary. I’m too drunk to feel it.
Sam (Xenia): really? its been like 3 mintues? did you chug that stuff?
Sarshan: One of the tribes I have spoken with is returning west in a few days. If you are willing to wait, they will welcome you travel with them.
Campaign saved.
Matt (Avaril the Average): I thought I was perpetually drunk…
Matt (Avaril the Average): According to you people.
Bo-Taar: Which tribe?
Matt (Avaril the Average): wahtdoyoumean’youpeople’?
Sarshan: A group of the Thri-kreen.
Eilir: Are you familiar with the tribes of this area, Bo-Taar?
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Knowledge (local) [MOD:INT] [1d20+9 = 12]
Bo-Taar: No, I am from the mountains
Æthelmyr: Sarshan, can you tell us about these Thri-kreen?
Avaril the Average: Is there a brothel here? We have some time.
Sarshan: Their culture is quite different from that of the humanoid races. It is unusual that they welcome such people among their numbers, but your restoration of the springs impressed them.
Xenia: Are you saying htey aren’t humanoid?
Sam (Xenia): oh, this is fun.
Sarshan: They are sometimes referred to as Mantisfolk. They walk upright like you and I, but they are as much insect as humanoid.
Keah (Eilir): oh! i remember you mentioning these guys once.
Keah (Eilir): fun
Æthelmyr: Do the females eat the males?
Avaril the Average: That sounds both delightful and horrifying.
Æthelmyr: That’s what regular mantises… Mantisi? What’s the plural for a mantis?
Sarshan: I do not believe so. Not regularly, anyhow.
Eilir: Do they speak Common?
Æthelmyr: They don’t eat humanoids, do they?
Sam (Xenia): brb gotta go change teh laundry.
Sarshan: Some of them can.
Sarshan: Not regularly.
David (Bo-Taar): whewww
Campaign saved.
Eilir: I imagine if they’re impressed by us, they wouldn’t eat us. So we just have to not make them mad.
Æthelmyr: Avaril will have to work very hard at that.
Sarshan: They are familiar with various humanoid races. You may not be wholly at ease in their culture, but they will be mostly aware of your needs and habits, and provide accordingly.
Æthelmyr: Do they have a sense of humor?
Avaril the Average: I don’t work at it, and no one is ever mad at me.
Eilir: Sounds like a good plan, then, if they’re willing to guide us.
Avaril the Average: They love me. You love me.
Eilir: I don’t love you.
Æthelmyr: If they have a sense of humor, maybe they’ll think Avaril is joking.
Æthelmyr: When he says anything.
Eilir: Or maybe they’ll eat him.
Bo-Taar: Maybe
Æthelmyr: OK.
Avaril the Average: You all love me.
Sarshan: If you wish to accept their hospitality and assistance, I will inform them of such. One of them will likely come to you tomorrow to let you know their arrangements.
Eilir: Sounds good.
Æthelmyr: I vote yes.
Campaign saved.
Xenia: It sounds good to me.
Matt (Avaril the Average): We might lose internet. There’s a cock guy here so look at it so just be accepting if we suddenly fall off the interenet.
Matt (Avaril the Average): : (
Eilir: So we will rest and take our ease at the oasis.
‘dublish’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
‘Matt’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
‘dublish’ disconnected
‘Matt’ disconnected
Keah (Eilir): and off they go.
ElectricCaveman: yep
DM: You chill out at the oasis shrine for the day. Not much happens.
DM: Anything you all want to do while you’re here?
Keah (Eilir): Any news on any dragons hearabout?
Eilir -> [SKILL] Gather Information [1d20+1 = 6]
Keah (Eilir): lol probably not.
Campaign saved.
DM: No, you don’t learn anything useful about dragons.
Sam (Xenia): before we go to sleep I spend the rest of my heal spells
Sam (Xenia): so if we aren’t doing anything else, I can do that now.
DM: go for it
Xenia -> [HEAL] Cure Moderate Wounds [2d8+3 = 18]
Heal [12] -> [to Bo-Taar]
Xenia -> [HEAL] Cure Light Wounds [1d8+3 = 11]
Heal [11] -> [to Eilir]
Xenia -> [HEAL] Cure Light Wounds [1d8+3 = 10]
Heal [8] -> [to Denzil]
Xenia -> [HEAL] Cure Light Wounds [1d8+3 = 9]
Heal [6] -> [to Xenia]
Xenia -> [HEAL] Cure Minor Wounds [1]
Heal [1] -> [to Æthelmyr]
Xenia -> [HEAL] Cure Minor Wounds [1]
Heal [1] -> [to Æthelmyr]
Sam (Xenia): and I’m done.
Keah (Eilir): we’ll rest off the rest.
Sam (Xenia): yep yep
Campaign saved.
Keah (Eilir): Do we need any supplies?
David (Bo-Taar): dont think so
DM: resting, then?
Keah (Eilir): yep.
Eilir -> Resting.
Denzil -> Resting.
Xenia -> Resting.
Bo-Taar -> Resting.
Avaril the Average -> Resting.
Æthelmyr -> Resting.
Bo-Taar: zzzzz
Sam (Xenia): I imagine botaar to be quite the snorer
Awarding 4800 XP to the Party
[800 XP] -> Eilir
[800 XP] -> Xenia
[800 XP] -> Æthelmyr
[800 XP] -> Denzil
[800 XP] -> Bo-Taar
[800 XP] -> Avaril the Average
Campaign saved.
Keah (Eilir): huzzah! 1400 more xp!
‘Matt’ connected
ElectricCaveman: Shall we wait for them to reconnect?
Keah (Eilir): yes.
Campaign saved.
‘dublish’ connected
Denzil: i need to look up all my feats again, i don’t know what have those are anymore
Zero (Denzil): half
dublish (Æthelmyr): Yay everyone’s here!
ElectricCaveman: yay
dublish (Æthelmyr): So where were we?
Matt (Avaril the Average): Did we do anything?
Keah (Eilir): we rested and sam healed us.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Did she heal me?
Campaign saved.
Sam (Xenia): no. but you are fine anyways.
Matt (Avaril the Average): : (
Matt (Avaril the Average): I don’t believe so.
dublish (Æthelmyr): OK, let’s go!
ElectricCaveman: everyone is at full health
Matt (Avaril the Average): I need more health.
Zero (Denzil): alright. so we saved the springs, what do we do now?
Keah (Eilir): we’re 1400xp from levelling. then you’ll get more health.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Yeah right.
Sam (Xenia): we are going with bug people across the desert! yay!
Keah (Eilir): yay!
dublish (Æthelmyr): Yay!
DM: The next day arrives.
DM: Nothing much is going on save the everyday business of the Shrine.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Good.
ElectricCaveman: Was there anything Myr or Avaril wanted to do before we continued on with stuff?
dublish (Æthelmyr): I don’t think so…
dublish (Æthelmyr): I don’t have anything I need to buy/sell or anything.
Campaign saved.
DM: Shortly after you awake, one of the Thri-kreen Sarshan mentioned approaches. It is roughly the color of sand or dry grass, and covered with hard, rough chitin.
Matt (Avaril the Average): No?
DM: It carries its tall, slender form on two insect-like legs. In its four arms, it carries a long pole-arm with a hooked, crystalline blade on either end. Its head is very much like the mantis it was compared to.
Æthelmyr: Hello?
DM: The Thri-kreen answers. It speaks common, but with extra clacking sounds in syllables and an odd cadance.
Campaign saved.
Ptek-chak: Hello. You are those that cured the springs?
Æthelmyr: Yes. And you are the Thri-kreen travelling across the desert?
Ptek-chak: I am one of such.
Ptek-chak: I am called Ptek-chak. It is my honor to aid you.
Æthelmyr: Thank you for your offer to guide us. Are your people ready to leave?
Ptek-chak: We will leave as the sun sets. The deep desert is hotter. It is better to travel without sun.
Denzil: so be it, do we have anything we need to do until then?
Eilir: Are there any supplies you suggest we acquire before setting out?
Campaign saved.
Ptek-chak: I will help you get what is needed. All must take their share.
Ptek-chak: Most important is food. You must bring what you eat. Food for several weeks.
Eilir: Good point. I doubt there is good hunting in the desert…
Avaril the Average: And water probably.
Ptek-chak: Water is for all. The water goes on the sledges.
Ptek-chak: But bring your vessels. You need to carry some always. Get more from the sledge when stopped.
Eilir: Will we be travelling on foot? Or do we need to procure mounts as well?
Ptek-chak: We walk. Only the old and young ride.
Eilir: Very well.
Avaril the Average: Damnit.
Avaril the Average: Eilir, carry me.
Eilir: No.
Eilir bows to Ptek-chak.
Eilir: I look forward to learning about your people as we travel together.
Campaign saved.
Ptek-chak: I am to answer your questions. I am also responsible for your actions.
Ptek-chak: The tribe is strict, but understanding that you do not know our ways. So long a you do as I ask and stay out of the way otherwise, we have no concern.
Æthelmyr: We look forward to having an uneventful journey with your tribe.
Ptek-chak: We should now begin to prepare. You should get your food. I will find other supplies you need while you do.
Campaign saved.
Eilir: Thank you, Ptek-chak. Where shall we meet and when?
Ptek-chak: If you wish, I will find you at your lunching time.
Eilir: That works.
Denzil: I’m ready when you all are. Thanks Ptek-chak.
Eilir: So the way I see it, we have a couple choices when it comes to food.
Eilir: The first and most obvious choice is to get several weeks’ worth of trail rations.
Bo-Taar: 100lbs of beef jerky?
Eilir: Our other option is to bring fresher foods and have Xenia use spells to preserve them or make them edible again after they have spoiled.
Keah (Eilir): from my understanding, Gentle Repose could be used for meat. unless peter things not.
Keah (Eilir): that would also be a waste of a higher-level spell, though, when she has purify food and drink.
ElectricCaveman: I believe it could.
ElectricCaveman: But yes, it would be.
Campaign saved.
Xenia: That would be fine.
Xenia: perhaps a mix of both, just in case somehting unexpected happens
Eilir: Well, yes. That would make the most sense.
Keah (Eilir): so how many weeks’ worth of food are we goign to need? 2? 3?
Campaign saved.
David (Bo-Taar): 2?
David (Bo-Taar): well he said several
ElectricCaveman: Call it 3, I suppose
Keah (Eilir): will any merchants give us a bulk discount or a heroes’ discount on trail rations?
Keah (Eilir): bulk is more likely. XD
Keah (Eilir): i like how meat is priced "per chunk"
ElectricCaveman: lol
Keah (Eilir): cheese is priced "per hunk", but that seems less silly to me.
DM: Sharshan soon finds out that you are gathering food for your journey, and basically offers as much as you’ll need.
Keah (Eilir): perfect.
Campaign saved.
dublish (Æthelmyr): So wer’re ready?
Keah (Eilir): seems so.
DM: Sarshan helps you get sufficient foodstuffs. When lunchtime rolls around, as promise,d Ptek-chak shows up with some stuff. He’s gathered you proper desert clothing from one of the elf bands. There’s nothing they had big enough for Bo-taar, but Sarshan pitches in some of his stuff.
DM: He also brings you a few tools; walking staffs and the like.
DM: Unless you have anything else you want to do before departing, we’ll keep going with stuff.
Keah (Eilir): ready!
Æthelmyr: Let’s go!
Campaign saved.
Bo-Taar: Lets go!
Denzil: Let’s go!
DM: You join the Thri-kreen tribe as the sun nears the horizon. They are busy preparing themselves for travel, gathering livestock and loading things into bags and onto sledges pulled by giant ants, a few camels, and one or two even more exotic creatures.
Sam (Xenia): oooOOooo
David (Bo-Taar): interesting
Keah (Eilir): indeed.
DM: Sarshan bids you farewell, and Ptek-chak reminds you that you are now expected to act as part of the tribe and follow its law.
Æthelmyr looks around with interest at everything she sees.
Xenia Says farewell to Sarshan.
Xenia: After a bit, I ask Ptek-chak
Xenia: So, what do you mean by "tribal law" exactly?
Campaign saved.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Get caught stealing, they’ll take your hand! It’s okay, you have three more…
DM: Just our laws. Your people have laws. Ours may be different.
Ptek-chak: Behave as is proper for your people and there should be no problem.
Ptek-chak: I will explain some details as we travel, if you wish.
Eilir: That would be most welcome, thank you.
Æthelmyr: Yes, please!
DM: You head off into the desert under the setting sun. Ptek-chak answers many of your questions with patience, giving you an overview of Thri-kreen culture, tribal structure, etc.
Campaign saved.
David (Bo-Taar): how many are there?
DM: After a few days’ uneventful travelling, you fall into a routine. Many of the Thri-kreen observe you with what you guess is curiousity. Few of them seem to understand Common, though, so they largely leave you alone, save Ptek-chak.
DM: Including the young, there are about 500 thri-kreen in the tribe.
Keah (Eilir): big group.
DM: It’s basically a travelling village.
Keah (Eilir): yep.
Campaign saved.
DM: You are travelling for almost a week, camping usually in open desert and occasionally near a small oasis. Ptek-chak lets you know that this is a common route for them, what passes for a highway in the desert. The morning of the seventh day, as everyone is setting up the camp, Ptek-chak comes to you with some unexpected news.
Sam (Xenia): unexpected news!
Keah (Eilir): news!
Denzil: what has happened Ptek-chak? You look like you have something you wish to say
Ptek-chak: Please cease your work. I must tell you that you have been called to a challenge.
Eilir: A challenge? By whom? What sort of challenge?
Ptek-chak: It is unusual, but a woman came out of the desert as we stopped and challenged you to combat.
Bo-Taar ’s ears perk up
Denzil: a woman?
Eilir: Was she Drow or human?
Ptek-chak: She claims you have killed those under her protection. I believe she is one of the Drow.
Campaign saved.
Æthelmyr: Oh great.
Æthelmyr: Did she say anything about cows?
Avaril the Average: This is not a fight we should enter into fairly. Ptek-chak, we must use every single asset we can to overwhelm and kill her. She is truely among the evilest of people, and deserves nothing more than death.
Eilir: Shut up, Avaril. If she challenged us, we will be the ones to fight her. We’ll leave our good guides out of this.
Ptek-chak: It is not common for a challenge to be brought from outside the tribe, but it is allowed to seek justice for slain servants.
Æthelmyr: But he’s right. She’s evil.
Æthelmyr: Did she say what servants we slew?
Avaril the Average: She won’t fight fair. Why should we?
Ptek-chak: Because she and you are not truly of our tribe, it was decided you would all be allowed to fight. Usually just one may fight for each party.
Avaril the Average: We should kill her and be done with this.
Ptek-chak: She agreed to this. But you are not fighting her. She chose to name a champion who will fight for her.
David (Bo-Taar): …
Xenia: Oh. Dear.
Eilir: Does it happen to be a flying cow?
Ptek-chak: I do not think?
Ptek-chak: But I have not seen her champion.
Eilir: Well, let’s go have a look for ourselves, then.
Avaril the Average: We challenge her.
Ptek-chak: You may not see her or her champion until the combat.
Avaril the Average: This is nonsense. If she wants a fight, she fights us. If she feels too weak to fight us so that she needs to call upon someone to hide behind, she’s not worth us accepting the challenge.
Campaign saved.
Ptek-chak: It is traditional. If you wish to keep in good graces with the tribe, it is best you abide.
Eilir: It’s not uncommon for one of power to choose a champion to fight for him.
Eilir: When is the combat to take place?
Æthelmyr: Do you often allow outsiders to make unproven claims of wrongdoing against members of your tribe?
Avaril the Average: This is utter nonsesnse. She fights us or we don’t fight.
Avaril the Average: She’s obviously too weak to do such on her own.
Eilir: I’ll fight. Who knows what she’ll do if we refuse?
Bo-Taar: I think we should fight
Avaril the Average: What will she do if we refuse? Challenge us again? Fuck her and fuck this. It’s ridiculous.
Ptek-chak: People not of the tribe may only make ritual challenge for special cases. And it is known to us that you have fought her people before.
Avaril the Average: She can fight us herself.
Eilir: Avaril, you’re more than welcome to stay behind.
Xenia: Avaril! Give up the ghost!
Denzil: Avaril is right, but I don’t see us getting through this any other way than fighting
Xenia: What are the rules regarding combat, Ptek-chak? If we defeat her champion, hwat happens?
Ptek-chak: The challenge has been accepted by the tribe. If you will not fight, or will not accept the terms of our people, than I must act as your champion.
Avaril the Average: Fine. Enjoy your fight.
Bo-Taar: No, we will fight
Denzil: She’s a coward and we know that…woah, I don’t think we can name you as our champion, that is not your responsibility
Avaril the Average: I won’t.
Bo-Taar: We have easily enough defeater her previous "champions". this one can’t be much harder
Ptek-chak: You are my responsibility. If you flee, I must take your place. If you can find a willing champion, than you may use one.
Keah (Eilir): it would be interesting to watch ptek-chak try.
Ptek-chak: If you do neither, you will be abandoned in the desert.
Campaign saved.
Denzil: Exactly
Eilir: We will fight her champion, with or without Avaril. It seems without is his choice.
Xenia: what happens if we, or our champion, win or lose?
Denzil: Well, Bo-taar is the obvious choice. Perhaps the rest of us can kill her while he fights the "champion"
Eilir: I think that would be against the rules, Denzil.
Denzil: Not at all, the challenge was her champion against ours, our fight would be something different
Eilir: Still… that’s a bit of a stretch.
Ptek-chak: If you win, she must drop her claim and compensate you for the combat. If her champion wins and you live, you must compensate her for her servants.
Sam (Xenia): I never really realized that is was funny that David plays a Goliath in this campaign. Now I feel dumb.
Keah (Eilir): lol
Keah (Eilir): bible humour.
Denzil: but even if we win, she will attack us again at some point
Bo-Taar: Eventually we will defeat her
Bo-Taar: She can not hit and run forever
Ptek-chak: She must not, so long as you travel with the tribe, or we are all honor-bound to assist you as the fair victors against her as an oath-breaker.
Denzil: well, i agree with you there, i just want to do it sooner than later.
Eilir: So we just have to win.
Denzil: ok, then we should get this over with
Ptek-chak: Good. I will inform the tribe that you will fight. The combat is at dusk. Rest well.
Eilir: We rest.
Ptek-chak: The tribe is eager to see your skill. You were spoken of well at the Shrine.
Zero (Denzil): anyone have any potions or spells that will boost Bo-taar, who i assume is fighting
Sam (Xenia): We all get to fight.
Keah (Eilir): it sounds like we all get to fight, unless we WANT to choose a champion.
Zero (Denzil): oh, gotcha
ElectricCaveman: that’s correct
Keah (Eilir): but i can still buff bo-taar if necessary.
Zero (Denzil): ok, then let’s kick this pig
Keah (Eilir): what time is it? will Xenia get to prepare new spells?
Campaign saved.
Zero (Denzil): it can’t hurt, not for this battle
Ptek-chak: Yeah, you can prep spells for the battle.
Keah (Eilir): Denzil has a spell now, too.
DM: yeah, that
Keah (Eilir): Denzil needs an animal companion.
Zero (Denzil): i do
Keah (Eilir): Sam, I would suggest getting rid of Entangle for now.
Sam (Xenia): I don’t have it chosen on anything where it isn’t my only choice. haha
Keah (Eilir): okay.
Zero (Denzil): i want a dragon as my companion. namely charizard
Keah (Eilir): that seems a poor choice for a ranger…
Zero (Denzil): aww
Sam (Xenia): should I buff str or con for botaar?
Keah (Eilir): STR adds to his damage and attack bonus. CON adds to his HP and number of turns he can rage, i believe.
Keah (Eilir): or you could buff someone else, since bo-taar can basically buff himself.
ElectricCaveman: You should get a vulture. Or a jackal. Something desert-y.
Keah (Eilir): camel!
DM: Are all your spells and stuff ready to continue?
Denzil: thats what i was sort of thinking. partially a snake even
Keah (Eilir): I’m ready.
Zero (Denzil): sorry,
Sam (Xenia): sure
Campaign saved.
dublish (Æthelmyr): I could cast blur.
Keah (Eilir): if anyone falls down, i’ve got you covered. >.>
Æthelmyr: Let’s get this started then.
Zero (Denzil): is rapid shot a -2 on both my shots? or just the extra?
DM: both
Keah (Eilir): is that like Ranger flurry of blows?
Zero (Denzil): so i get three shots, since i have to take a full round, my two normal attacks, plus one more, all at -2?
Campaign saved.
ElectricCaveman: It’s like archery two-weapon fighting.
Keah (Eilir): how do you have two normal shots in a full attack?
Zero (Denzil): idk
Zero (Denzil): haha
Eilir: i thought that was BAB 6 as the minimum for multiple attacks.
ElectricCaveman: it is
Keah (Eilir): anyway.
DM: At dusk, Ptek-chak comes to take you to the combat. Pretty much the whole tribe is standing around in a big circle. They part to let you in.
Zero (Denzil): ok
Campaign saved.
Keah (Eilir): sweet.
Denzil: Let the games begin.
DM: You enter into the ring. All the Thri-kreen on the inner edge of the circle are holding torches in one hand and their pole-arms in two of the others. On the far side of the circle stands your favorite Drow sorceress.
DM: Ptek-chak motions for you to stop and wait a little way into the circle.
Keah (Eilir): generic combat map!
ElectricCaveman: arrange yourselves somewhere around there.
DM: The Thri-kreen and drow woman step aside on the far edge, and in steps something that looks like it used to be human.
DM: What’s left of a man is scarred and stitched like the wasp-thing you fought. This one, though, appears to have several limbs and part of its body replaced with what looks like clay.
Keah (Eilir): oh joy.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Is this the same drow woman?
Zero (Denzil): "our favorite drow sorceress" i think it is
Campaign saved.
DM: It’s hard to tell exactly how much beneath its banded armor. It hefts a shield and longsword as it stomps into the sandy, make-shift arena.
ElectricCaveman: yes, it’s the same woman
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Knowledge (arcana) [MOD:INT] [1d20+9 = 28]
dublish (Æthelmyr): What do I know about the thing?
[w] -> Æthelmyr: It’s part man, part golem. The contruct part gives it the usual penalties and strengths (no CON, immune to crits, etc.). It is also immune to slashing or piercing weapons, and magic of all kinds. Besides brute strength, it can magically enhance its speed (haste spell), and is prone to berserk rages.
Keah (Eilir): it’s a combination of a flesh and clay golem?
Æthelmyr: This is going to be tough.
DM: No, the human part looks like it’s still alive.
Æthelmyr: Blunt force trauma is our only option.
Eilir: So… Bo-Taar.
Bo-Taar: I’m on it
Eilir: I can buff your weapon, if you like.
DM: Roll inits.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Would Bo-Taar benefit from mage armor?
Eilir: [INIT] [1d20+2 = 17]
Æthelmyr: And it’s immune to magic.
Denzil -> [INIT] [1d20+4 = 19]
Xenia -> [INIT] [1d20+1 = 17]
Æthelmyr -> [INIT] [1d20+4 = 12]
Bo-Taar -> [INIT] [1d20+2 = 21]
ElectricCaveman: No, his armor’s already better than mage armor gives.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Cool.
Campaign saved.
Avaril the Average -> [INIT] [1d20+2 = 20]
Denzil: lets be smart people
Ptek-chak: When the horn sounds, you may begin the combat. The challenge is over when one party surrenders or cannot continue.
Ptek-chak: Are all combatants ready?
Eilir: Ready.
Denzil: Yes
Bo-Taar: Ready!
DM: The half-man half-golem thing nods.
Æthelmyr: Ready.
Xenia: Ready….
DM: Ptek-chak rejoins the circle of Thri-kreen. A few moments later, some kind of instrument sounds.
[ROUND 1]
[TURN] Bo-Taar
Campaign saved.
David (Bo-Taar): Can I charge and sunder?
David (Bo-Taar): or just charge and hit?
David (Bo-Taar): I’m ok with just hitting him
DM: I think you can choose to sunder at the end of a charge.
Sam (Xenia): testing the golem waters, as it were.
David (Bo-Taar): sunder or hit? votes?
Sam (Xenia): I don’t know.
Bo-Taar: BRRRRAAAAAARRRRGGGHHHHHH
Effect [‘STR: 4; CON: 4; SAVE: 2 WILL; AC: -2’] [D:9] -> [to Bo-Taar]
Bo-Taar -> [ATTACK (M)] Adamantine Goliath Greathammer (Large) [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+14 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at Half-golem] [MISS]
Æthelmyr: Hmm.
Bo-Taar: oh i should of had a +2 to that for charge….
David (Bo-Taar): right?
DM: right, but it still misses
David (Bo-Taar): doh, ok
[TURN] Avaril the Average
Avaril the Average: Ready versus approach.
[TURN] Denzil
[TURN] Xenia
Zero (Denzil): two movements
[w] Æthelmyr: Is it immune to mind-affecting magic, or just magic damage?
Xenia -> [CAST] Summon Monster I
[w] -> Æthelmyr: it is immune to magic, period
Sam (Xenia): I changed my mind. 1 movement this time, 1 spell. I summon teh beetle.
Campaign saved.
Sam (Xenia): sorry for summoning a ton of htings this game. haha. more fiddly things for you to do.
Keah (Eilir): summon so it flanks!
Sam (Xenia): and sure, put it diagonal from botaar.
[TURN] Giant Fire Beetle
DM: You can’t summon it that far away. Has to be within 35’ of you.
DM: Also, summoning is a full round action. You can’t summon and move.
David (Bo-Taar): doh
Sam (Xenia): clearly I need to read things.
Sam (Xenia): put him 35’ infront of me then.
Sam (Xenia): thanks.
ElectricCaveman: I think you want to take a 5’ step forward.
ElectricCaveman: That will put your bug 30’ away from the monster.
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Bite [1d20+1 = 3]
Attack [3] -> [at Half-golem] [MISS]
DM: The beetle totally fails to connect with the half-golem.
Sam (Xenia): he’s a litle disoriented from his summoning.
[TURN] Eilir
Zero (Denzil): that bug can’t hit him…
ElectricCaveman: probably not
Eilir -> [CAST] True Strike
ElectricCaveman: 20 or lots of buffs.
[TURN] Æthelmyr
Campaign saved.
[TURN] Half-golem
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Longsword [1d20+13 = 19]
Attack [19] -> [at Bo-Taar] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [HIT]
David (Bo-Taar): noooo
DM: [DAMAGE (M)] Longsword [MULT:1.5] [TYPE: slashing] [1d8+9 = 17]
Damage [17] -> [to Bo-Taar] [MODERATE DAMAGE]
[ROUND 2]
[TURN] Bo-Taar
David (Bo-Taar): ok i’m going to sunder his shield
DM: Okay. You have improved sunder, so no aoo. Make your opposed attack rolls.
Bo-Taar -> [ATTACK (M)] Adamantine Goliath Greathammer (Large) [EFFECTS +2] (+4) [1d20+18 = 24]
Attack [24] -> [at Half-golem] [MISS]
David (Bo-Taar): so much for that
[TURN] Avaril the Average
DM: Wait
Avaril the Average: approach
Sam (Xenia): just quit rolling bad
DM: It’s opposed, so he has to roll.
David (Bo-Taar): Ooooo
DM: Also, you get +6 to that.
Keah (Eilir): you don’t attack his AC to sunder.
Sam (Xenia): he added a +4 already
DM: no. +10
DM: Okay, so 6 more
David (Bo-Taar): ok
DM: 4 for two-handed, 4 for improved sunder, 2 for goliath warhammer
DM: oh, and 4 for being ‘large’
David (Bo-Taar): I am large
DM: so 34
Matt (Avaril the Average): To-hit? Shit.
Campaign saved.
David (Bo-Taar): ok… i feel better about that
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Shield [1d20+11 = 26]
DM: You hit. Roll damage against the shield.
Bo-Taar -> [DAMAGE (M)] Adamantine Goliath Greathammer (Large) [MULT:1.5] [EFFECTS +3] [TYPE: bludgeoning(x4)] [3d6+13 = 22]
David (Bo-Taar): how many hp do items have?
David (Bo-Taar): normally
Keah (Eilir): depends on what it is and what it’s made of.
DM: Adamantine weapon, so no hardness deducted. The shield dents and begins to crack, but holds together.
ElectricCaveman: A normal heavy steel shield would have 20 hp.
David (Bo-Taar): sonofa…
David (Bo-Taar): ok
ElectricCaveman: And that’s pretty much as high as any gear but armor gets without magic.
Sam (Xenia): jeez. davids usually so even tempered. :-P
ElectricCaveman: Now Avaril’s turn.
Avaril the Average: Nope. Ready versus approach.
[TURN] Denzil
Sam (Xenia): could you use that mage armor on someone else?
Zero (Denzil): I declare my dodge on him
Sam (Xenia): since its no good on botaar?
Zero (Denzil): then i aid another towards Bo-taar’s attack
Campaign saved.
DM: Okay. Make attack roll.
Denzil -> [ATTACK (R)] +1 Elvencraft Composite Longbow [1d20+9 = 16]
Zero (Denzil): or is it just base?
DM: No, it’s with the weapon.
Zero (Denzil): ok
DM: But it needs to be your melee, not ranged, attack. But it’s still high enough.
Zero (Denzil): ok, i’ll remember that
Zero (Denzil): i’m finished
[TURN] Xenia
[TURN] Giant Fire Beetle
Sam (Xenia): I just move.
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Bite [1d20+1 = 19]
Attack [19] -> [at Half-golem] [MISS]
[TURN] Eilir
Zero (Denzil): closer haha
Campaign saved.
ElectricCaveman: The beetle did do some good! It made me waste an 18 I could have used on Bo-taar!
Eilir -> [CAST] Shocking Grasp
Eilir -> [ATTACK (M)] Shocking Grasp [TOUCH] [1d20+8 = 12]
Eilir: ignore that. i’m channelling
Eilir -> [ATTACK (M)] Magic Heavy Dragonfang Sickle (+23) [1d20+32 = 50]
Attack [50] -> [at Half-golem] [HIT]
Eilir -> [DAMAGE (M)] Magic Heavy Dragonfang Sickle [TYPE: slashing,magic] [1d8+4 = 9]
Damage [0] -> [to Half-golem] [RESISTED]
Æthelmyr: Told you.
Keah (Eilir): was it a combination of slashing and magic?
DM: Your sickle cuts into the clay arm of the half-golem. The spell fizzles in the enchanted earth, and when you pull your sickle away, the clay flows back together unharmed.
Zero (Denzil): you’d be better off assisting Bo-taar…
Zero (Denzil): just don’t get smashed
Keah (Eilir): Yeah well, I thought I’d try. I used Shocking Grasp to help hit him, anyway.
[TURN] Æthelmyr
Sam (Xenia): I have a blunt weapon, but I think I’m of more use doing my buffs first.
Sam (Xenia): esp since I do weeny-chicken damage compared to botaar
dublish (Æthelmyr): I assist Bo-Taar.
Keah (Eilir): you have to be threatening the enemy in melee.
Zero (Denzil): we all do weeny-chicken damage compared to botaar but yea
ElectricCaveman: You have to threaten the enemy
dublish (Æthelmyr): I assist Bo-Taar.
DM: Roll attack for it
Zero (Denzil): melee
Æthelmyr -> [ATTACK (M)] Melee attack [1d20+4 = 23]
[TURN] Half-golem
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Longsword [1d20+13 = 33]
Attack [33] -> [at Bo-Taar] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [AUTOMATIC HIT]
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Longsword [CONFIRM] [1d20+13 = 24]
Attack [24] -> [at Bo-Taar] [CRITICAL HIT]
Zero (Denzil): _
Sam (Xenia): uh oh
Keah (Eilir): hey david. if you had 1pp, you could negate that.
Campaign saved.
Sam (Xenia): he doesn’t have any pp
DM: [DAMAGE (M)] Longsword [MULT:1.5] [CRITICAL] [TYPE: slashing] [1d8+1g8+18 = 25]
Damage [25] -> [to Bo-Taar] [HEAVY DAMAGE]
Keah (Eilir): i know.
[ROUND 3]
[TURN] Bo-Taar
Bo-Taar: lol yeah…. thats what i get for being a slacker i guess
Zero (Denzil): xenia, you better start healing
Keah (Eilir): stand behind him so you have cover from the thing and don’t have to concentrate.
David (Bo-Taar): I guess I’ll finish breaking his shield? or should i try to hit him…
Keah (Eilir): just hit him. you have +4 to your attack from 2 aides already.
David (Bo-Taar): ok
David (Bo-Taar): do i have to add that +4 for aid or does it auto-do it?
Keah (Eilir): put 4 in your mod box by your dice.
Bo-Taar -> [ATTACK (M)] Adamantine Goliath Greathammer (Large) [EFFECTS +2] (+4) [1d20+18 = 35]
Attack [35] -> [at Half-golem] [HIT]
Bo-Taar -> [DAMAGE (M)] Adamantine Goliath Greathammer (Large) [MULT:1.5] [EFFECTS +3] [TYPE: bludgeoning(x4)] [3d6+13 = 26]
Damage [16] -> [to Half-golem] [PARTIALLY RESISTED] [MODERATE DAMAGE]
[TURN] Avaril the Average
ElectricCaveman: I don’t know what that was partially resisted
Avaril the Average: READYVERSUSAPPROACH!
[TURN] Denzil
Keah (Eilir): avaril did say he wasn’t going to fight.
Zero (Denzil): I assist
Denzil -> [ATTACK (R)] +1 Elvencraft Composite Longbow [1d20+9 = 17]
Keah (Eilir): melee, kalyn…
Zero (Denzil): crap sorry, +6 not 9
ElectricCaveman: oh, yess I do
DM: still, it would be over 10
DM: so it works
Zero (Denzil): right. assist his attack
[TURN] Xenia
Campaign saved.
Sam (Xenia): I run over and heal botaar
Xenia -> [HEAL] Cure Moderate Wounds [2d8+3 = 10]
Heal [10] -> [to Bo-Taar]
[TURN] Giant Fire Beetle
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Bite [1d20+1 = 16]
Attack [16] -> [at Half-golem] [MISS]
[TURN] Eilir
Eilir -> [SKILL] Tumble [1d20+2 = 17]
Eilir -> [ATTACK (M)] Magic Heavy Dragonfang Sickle [1d20+9 = 28]
Attack [28] -> [at Half-golem] [MISS]
Eilir: aid.
[TURN] Æthelmyr
Keah (Eilir): and flanking. so i grant +4.
Æthelmyr -> [ATTACK (M)] Melee attack [1d20+4 = 21]
dublish (Æthelmyr): I aid Bo-Taar.
[TURN] Half-golem
David (Bo-Taar): scared…
Keah (Eilir): +8 to your next attack, David!
Matt (Avaril the Average): It didn’t work the first time, why would it work this time?
Matt (Avaril the Average): We should heal up Bo-Taar…
Sam (Xenia): well, run up here and take the heal wand from me.
Keah (Eilir): the rest of us can only aid his attack. which DID work last time.
DM: The half-golem bellows, a sound like it is in deep pain. It begins to rage as a berserker, and moves more quickly than a moment ago.
David (Bo-Taar): oh great
Sam (Xenia): I has a scared
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Longsword [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+15 = 35]
Attack [35] -> [at Bo-Taar] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [AUTOMATIC HIT]
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Longsword [EFFECTS +2] [CONFIRM] [1d20+15 = 24]
Attack [24] -> [at Bo-Taar] [CRITICAL HIT]
David (Bo-Taar): uhhhh….
ElectricCaveman: what the heck?
Keah (Eilir): can i negate that crit? or just the target?
Keah (Eilir): i am assisting.
Sam (Xenia): if we all donate pp? double cost?
David (Bo-Taar): i learned my lessson! i’ll write prestige point things!!!
David (Bo-Taar): i promise!
Keah (Eilir): i only ask because i’m assisting, otherwise it wouldn’t make any sense.
DM: I’ll let someone else donate PP to negate the crit since David doesn’t have any yet.
David (Bo-Taar): i’ll write a small novel
Keah (Eilir): done. i’ll spend 1 to negate it.
Campaign saved.
David (Bo-Taar): whewwwwww thank you!
DM: [DAMAGE (M)] Longsword [MULT:1.5] [CRITICAL] [EFFECTS +6] [TYPE: slashing] [1d8+1g8+24 = 38]
Damage [38] -> [to Bo-Taar] [DEAD]
Keah (Eilir): i should have more than 1. i did a couple adventure logs. but i do have 1 to spend for sure.
DM: I hate the auto-crit sometimes
Heal [38] -> [to Bo-Taar]
Keah (Eilir): why can’t we just turn it off?
ElectricCaveman: Because I like it most of the time
Keah (Eilir): ah. okay.
DM: [DAMAGE (M)] Longsword [MULT:1.5] [EFFECTS +3] [TYPE: slashing] [1d8+12 = 14]
Damage [14] -> [to Bo-Taar] [HEAVY DAMAGE]
[ROUND 4]
[TURN] Bo-Taar
ElectricCaveman: Use power attack?
ElectricCaveman: Since you’ve got +8
Keah (Eilir): Power attack. you have a +8 bonus from aiding and flanking.
Keah (Eilir): you can PA up to your BAB.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Its AC dropped when it berserked.
David (Bo-Taar): Hmmm… but my one regular hit got it down to heavy. So i dunno if i really need to?
David (Bo-Taar): i dont want to miss…
David (Bo-Taar): that would be super bad
Keah (Eilir): PA 2 or something.
David (Bo-Taar): ok sure
David (Bo-Taar): ok so I’m power attacking 2
Keah (Eilir): if you’re afraid you won’t hit, don’t go above half your BAB for PA. i think that’s what kyle used to do.
David (Bo-Taar): to +6 to my attack, and +2 to my damage
ElectricCaveman: okay. so only +6 on attack, and +4 on your damage.
David (Bo-Taar): ok right +4
Bo-Taar -> [ATTACK (M)] Adamantine Goliath Greathammer (Large) [EFFECTS +2] (+6) [1d20+20 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Half-golem] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [MISS]
David (Bo-Taar): NOOOOOOOOO
Keah (Eilir): lucky dice may have helped, too…
David (Bo-Taar): no its built in
DM: Well, the extra 2 wouldn’t have hit, either, if it makes you feel better.
Keah (Eilir): ah.
David (Bo-Taar): no it doesnt
Sam (Xenia): haha
[TURN] Avaril the Average
Avaril the Average: I run.
[TURN] Denzil
Campaign saved.
ElectricCaveman: Oh, Kalyn had to split.
Keah (Eilir): oh right.
ElectricCaveman: Denzil aids.
Denzil -> [ATTACK (M)] Mwk Elvencraft Longbow [1d20+6 = 9]
Keah (Eilir): no he doesn’t.
DM: And only succeeds because flanking I forgot to include.
Keah (Eilir): lol
[TURN] Xenia
dublish (Æthelmyr): But melee attack not ranged?
David (Bo-Taar): well i hope you all dont aid me only for me to die
DM: yes. that was the melee one.
Keah (Eilir): we won’t let you die.
Xenia: I activate my Sacred Aura thing. which i forgot to do last time.
Xenia: and cast a heal spell.
Xenia: Cure moderate- so maxed out 2d8+3 is 19
Sam (Xenia): I don’t think I can add that to Botaar myself.
DM: [19]
Heal [19] -> [to Bo-Taar]
Xenia: Avaril, do you want the healing wand?
Campaign saved.
Sam (Xenia): do I have time to hand it to him?
Avaril the Average: Yes, give it to me. Clearly you’re not doing a good job. Look at him!
Keah (Eilir): you can drop it as a free action.
Sam (Xenia): Then I drop it. It will do max heals until its my turn again
[TURN] Giant Fire Beetle
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Bite [1d20+1 = 15]
Attack [15] -> [at Half-golem] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [MISS]
[TURN] Eilir
Eilir: aid
Eilir -> [ATTACK (M)] Magic Heavy Dragonfang Sickle [1d20+9 = 12]
Attack [12] -> [at Half-golem] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [MISS]
Keah (Eilir): i forgot i targetted him.
DM: it works
Keah (Eilir): yep.
[TURN] Æthelmyr
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Concentration [1d20+11 = 16]
ElectricCaveman: Don’t forget you can aid for AC, too.
Keah (Eilir): oh yeah… well… we need to hit this thing. kyle’s gonna do something he should’ve done earlier.
DM: What are you trying to cast?
dublish (Æthelmyr): Level 2 spell, I did not make the check.
Campaign saved.
DM: pp to reroll?
dublish (Æthelmyr): Yeah.
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Concentration [1d20+11 = 19]
Æthelmyr -> [CAST] Blur [at Bo-Taar]
[TURN] Half-golem
DM: Blur gives concealment, right?
dublish (Æthelmyr): Yep.
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Longsword [CONCEAL] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+15 = 28]
Attack [28] -> [at Bo-Taar] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [HIT] [MISS CHANCE 20%]
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Longsword [CONCEAL] [EFFECTS +2] [MISS CHANCE 20%] [HIT] [1d100 = 39]
DM: [DAMAGE (M)] Longsword [MULT:1.5] [EFFECTS +3] [TYPE: slashing] [1d8+12 = 13]
Damage [13] -> [to Bo-Taar] [HEAVY DAMAGE]
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Longsword [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+15 = 25]
Attack [25] -> [at Bo-Taar] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [HIT]
Keah (Eilir): stupid golem thing.
DM: [1d100 = 91]
dublish (Æthelmyr): ?
DM: forgot concealment button, but it still hits
dublish (Æthelmyr): It did it automatically.
DM: [DAMAGE (M)] Longsword [MULT:1.5] [EFFECTS +3] [TYPE: slashing] [1d8+12 = 15]
Damage [15] -> [to Bo-Taar] [DYING]
Keah (Eilir): why did it get 2 attacks at the same bonus?
David (Bo-Taar): well…
DM: Except he has extra for raging, so he’s not
DM: Because he’s hasted. It happened last round, but I forgot with the crit thing going on.
[ROUND 5]
[TURN] Bo-Taar
Keah (Eilir): oh.
David (Bo-Taar): wooohoo!
DM: I mentioned it and added the effect, but I forgot to use it
David (Bo-Taar): im not quite dead yet
Keah (Eilir): you are at 3, sir.
David (Bo-Taar): so whats my hit bonus this turn?
DM: +6, I believe
Keah (Eilir): +6
Bo-Taar -> [ATTACK (M)] Adamantine Goliath Greathammer (Large) [EFFECTS +2] (+6) [1d20+20 = 25]
Attack [25] -> [at Half-golem] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [MISS]
David (Bo-Taar): bad time to have sucky rolls
Keah (Eilir): ugh…
[TURN] Avaril the Average
Campaign saved.
Avaril the Average: I pick up the wand and use it to heal Bo-Taar?
Sam (Xenia): sure. its a cure light, and maxed because of my aura deal
DM: Make your UMD check.
Avaril the Average -> [SKILL] Use Magic Device [1d20 = 9]
Matt (Avaril the Average): That’s not a class skill, and I’m a wizard. Sooo..
Keah (Eilir): why is use magic device a CHA-based skill? you have to be good at faking it?
Matt (Avaril the Average): Could have sworn I didn’t even have to UMD sense I’m a wizard.
DM: It’s a ‘force of personality’ thing
DM: Cure is not on your spell list
‘Matt’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
‘Matt’ reconnected
Matt (Avaril the Average): _since
DM: It has to be on your spell list to use a wand
DM: So Denzil could use it, but Avaril can’t
Keah (Eilir): right. didn’t think about denzil.
Sam (Xenia): throw the wand to denzil!
Campaign saved.
Matt (Avaril the Average): That’s not what I did. I chose to try and use the wand. I then rolled a 9.
Keah (Eilir): so he’s out of actions.
Keah (Eilir): so it’s denzil’s turn?
[TURN] Denzil
Campaign saved.
Denzil -> [ATTACK (M)] Mwk Elvencraft Longbow [1d20+6 = 14]
DM: aid another
[TURN] Xenia
Xenia: I spend another Sacred Aura. And heal him again.
Sam (Xenia): another 19 please.
DM: [19]
Heal [19] -> [to Bo-Taar]
[TURN] Giant Fire Beetle
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Bite [1d20+1 = 3]
Attack [3] -> [at Half-golem] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [MISS]
[TURN] Eilir
Keah (Eilir): sam… you need some different attack spells…
Sam (Xenia): I know.
Keah (Eilir): summon monster 1 isn’t super great anyway.
DM: The beetle poofs away
Sam (Xenia): I got tired of failing at spiritual weapon. so I tried failing at summon monster.
Keah (Eilir): bo-taar was working on sudnering this guy’s shield, right?
Sam (Xenia): yeah.
Keah (Eilir): and the damage is cumulative?
David (Bo-Taar): its cracked…
DM: yes
Keah (Eilir): well, since i’m already providing a +2 for flanking, how about i see if i can’t help that crack along.
David (Bo-Taar): good idea
David (Bo-Taar): but its an AOO if you dont have sunder
Keah (Eilir): that’s fine. i’ve got full HP.
Keah (Eilir): i can still sunder if i take the attack, can’t i?
DM: yes
Keah (Eilir): what would happen if i wielded my sickle with 2 hands?
Campaign saved.
DM: more damage
DM: you don’t get the two-handed-weapon bonus
Keah (Eilir): i’ll do it anyway.
Eilir -> [ATTACK (M)] Magic Heavy Dragonfang Sickle [1d20+9 = 24]
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Shield [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+13 = 21]
DM: the sunder attack hits
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Longsword [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+15 = 17]
Attack [17] -> [at Eilir] [MISS]
Keah (Eilir): what is extra damage?
DM: and the aoo misses
DM: half str
Keah (Eilir): rounded down?
DM: yes
Eilir -> [DAMAGE (M)] Magic Heavy Dragonfang Sickle (+1) [TYPE: slashing,magic] [1d8+5 = 13]
Keah (Eilir): +1 cold, if that counts.
David (Bo-Taar): it should on a metal sword
David (Bo-Taar): makes it brittle
Keah (Eilir): metal shield.
David (Bo-Taar): err shield yeah
Keah (Eilir): tha was my max damage, so…
DM: You gouge a little more into the shield, but the steel resists most of the blow.
Keah (Eilir): alright cool.
[TURN] Æthelmyr
David (Bo-Taar): so its still 100% effective until its broken?
DM: yeah
Keah (Eilir): i have dinner in 10m.
Æthelmyr -> [ATTACK (M)] Melee attack [1d20+4 = 8]
Sam (Xenia): yeah, I need to start ours. we are geting hungry over here.
dublish (Æthelmyr): I failed to aid Bo-Taar.
ElectricCaveman: You get to use a weapon to aid, Kyle
DM: But with flanking, you’re still good
dublish (Æthelmyr): Oh.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Well then.
dublish (Æthelmyr): I aid Bo-Taar.
[TURN] Half-golem
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Longsword [CONCEAL] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+15 = 32]
Attack [32] -> [at Bo-Taar] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [HIT] [MISS CHANCE 20%]
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Longsword [CONCEAL] [EFFECTS +2] [MISS CHANCE 20%] [HIT] [1d100 = 74]
Campaign saved.
DM: [DAMAGE (M)] Longsword [MULT:1.5] [EFFECTS +3] [TYPE: slashing] [1d8+12 = 16]
Damage [8] -> [to Bo-Taar] [PARTIALLY ABSORBED]
David (Bo-Taar): ok
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Longsword [CONCEAL] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+15 = 18]
Attack [18] -> [at Bo-Taar] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [HIT] [MISS CHANCE 20%]
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Longsword [CONCEAL] [EFFECTS +2] [MISS CHANCE 20%] [HIT] [1d100 = 97]
DM: It hits with a 3?
David (Bo-Taar): my ac is 19
David (Bo-Taar): but im raging so its -2
dublish (Æthelmyr): You’re raging.
ElectricCaveman: They should have been aiding your ac…
Keah (Eilir): seems so.
DM: [DAMAGE (M)] Longsword [MULT:1.5] [EFFECTS +3] [TYPE: slashing] [1d8+12 = 18]
Damage [18] -> [to Bo-Taar] [DEAD]
Keah (Eilir): dang.
David (Bo-Taar): thud.
Keah (Eilir): that’s… wow…
David (Bo-Taar): double attack with a big sword with a big to hit bonus
Keah (Eilir): and now we can’t do anything to it.
DM: Well, he’s not dead-dead b/c of rage hp
David (Bo-Taar): just dying
Sam (Xenia): wait, really?
DM: he’s just close
Keah (Eilir): sam can stabilise him, but he’s still unconscious unless he’s got diehard.
Sam (Xenia): the temp hp went away on the board
DM: oh. yeah. I forgot I put that there.
Sam (Xenia): oh good.
Sam (Xenia): oh bad?
DM: I don’t even remember what I put it there for. Let’s just go with it.
David (Bo-Taar): +4 con for rage
[ROUND 6]
[TURN] Bo-Taar
Keah (Eilir): so that’s 2 extra HP per level.
David (Bo-Taar): so….
Campaign saved.
Keah (Eilir): i think we need to surrender.
David (Bo-Taar): yeah…. the thought crossed my mind
Sam (Xenia): your double near dead mind
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
ElectricCaveman: (POLL) Are you here?
Xenia: Are you here?
ElectricCaveman: no
ElectricCaveman: you are the only one here
Sam (Xenia): ahhhh. clicking wildly on accident!
ElectricCaveman: you always have been
Keah (Eilir): haha
Keah (Eilir): we are a trick of the fey
Campaign saved.
DM: Okay, so you’ve just entered the ring of Thri-Kreen.
DM: You should all put yourselves in a square
Keah (Eilir): i am in a square.
Campaign saved.
Æthelmyr: I’m more or less where I was at the beginning of last time.
dublish (Æthelmyr): I’m more or less where I was at the beginning of last time.
DM: Through the gap that opens in the far side of the ring, something that looks mostly like an armored man walks into the ring. His face is mostly human, but the rest of his body is horribly mutilated. Grossly exaggerated muscles stretch his skin to the point of tearing, skin that is covered in heavy scabs, warts, and small tendrils of wriggling flesh. As he stands before you while Ptek-chak explains how the challenge will begin and end, you can see these twisted features of his flesh slowly roiling and sliding around his body.
Eilir: Ew…
Eilir -> [SKILL] Knowledge (Arcana) [MOD:INT] [1d20+8 = 16]
Keah (Eilir): I’m guessing that’s not applicable, but still.
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Knowledge (religion) [MOD:INT] [1d20+8 = 15]
DM: no, you don’t know anything about this misshapen creature
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Knowledge (the planes) [MOD:INT] [1d20+8 = 16]
DM: Your Thri-kreen chaperone makes his way to join the circle. As the horn sounds to start the combat, roll initiative.
Eilir: [INIT] [1d20+2 = 4]
Æthelmyr -> [INIT] [1d20+4 = 16]
Keah (Eilir): do i get my PP back?
DM: yep
Keah (Eilir): yay
Avaril the Average -> [INIT] [1d20+2 = 10]
Bo-Taar -> [INIT] [1d20+2 = 19]
Campaign saved.
Xenia -> [INIT] [1d20+1 = 21]
Keah (Eilir): go going, sam.
Xenia: well great
Keah (Eilir): haha
Keah (Eilir): you can always delay.
Sam (Xenia): now I can buff david though
Keah (Eilir): or that.
Sam (Xenia): I was going to last time then he ran away
David (Bo-Taar): i charged away
Sam (Xenia): and I couldnt buff him before I needed to heal his bleedy self
Eilir -> [INIT] [1d20+2 = 9]
Keah (Eilir): weird. it won’t take my init roll from my shortcut bar this today.
David (Bo-Taar): so.. plan
Denzil -> [INIT] [1d20+4 = 23]
David (Bo-Taar): we should maybe make one this time
Keah (Eilir): figure out how it fights, then adapt accordingly. fleshy makes me think slashing will be helpful this time.
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Knowledge (nature) [MOD:INT] [1d20+8 = 20]
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Knowledge (arcana) [MOD:INT] [1d20+9 = 29]
Campaign saved.
Æthelmyr: We’ll just have to experiment with our weapons.
Æthelmyr: Denzil, shoot it!
[ROUND 1]
[TURN] Denzil
Denzil -> [ATTACK (R)] +1 Elvencraft Composite Longbow (-2) [1d20+7 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at Drow Experiment 2] [MISS]
Denzil -> [ATTACK (R)] +1 Elvencraft Composite Longbow (-2) [1d20+7 = 10]
Attack [10] -> [at Drow Experiment 2] [MISS]
[TURN] Drow Experiment 2
Keah (Eilir): lol nice name.
David (Bo-Taar): yeah
Drow Experiment 2 sticks its longsword in the sand, draws a bow, and fires on Bo-taar.
Campaign saved.
Drow Experiment 2: [ATTACK (R)] Longbow [1d20+9 = 24]
Attack [24] -> [at Bo-Taar] [HIT]
Drow Experiment 2: [DAMAGE (R)] Longbow [TYPE: piercing] [1d8+3 = 4]
Damage [4] -> [to Bo-Taar]
Keah (Eilir): aaaaand so it begins.
[TURN] Xenia
Sam (Xenia): only 4. thats a lovely number
David (Bo-Taar): whewww
Xenia: I 5 foot step, and cast Aid on Bo-Taar
Xenia -> [CAST] Aid [at Bo-Taar]
Sam (Xenia): is that going to auto-add the bonus?
dublish (Æthelmyr): I doubt it.
Sam (Xenia): its +1 to attack rolls and fear saves, and 1d8 hp
Drow Experiment 2: Doesn’t look like it. I’ll add the effect.
Sam (Xenia): 1d8+3
DM: 1d8+CL.
DM: 1d8+4
Sam (Xenia): oh, 4
Sam (Xenia): I forget about my newest level sometimes
[TURN] Bo-Taar
Sam (Xenia): sometimes spells have that nice little effects button. But Aid didn’t. I guess cause its complicated-ish.
Xenia: Xenia -> [CAST] Aid [at Bo-Taar]
DM: roll temp hp?
David (Bo-Taar): so.. charge? throw javelin and move one? hmmm
Xenia: +4 [1d8+4 = 12]
Keah (Eilir): NICE.
Sam (Xenia): yay!
Campaign saved.
Keah (Eilir): sam, you should stick to support spells. those roll pretty well pretty consistently.
Sam (Xenia): yeah. I think i agree.
David (Bo-Taar): I run and throw my javelin
David (Bo-Taar): move_
Bo-Taar -> [ATTACK (R)] Javelin (Large) [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+8 = 15]
Attack [15] -> [at Drow Experiment 2] [MISS]
[TURN] Æthelmyr
dublish (Æthelmyr): Hmm.
[TURN] Avaril the Average
‘Zero’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
Avaril the Average: BUGBEARZOMBIEGOGOGOGOGOGO!!!
‘Zero’ disconnected
Campaign saved.
Matt (Avaril the Average): There.
Avaril the Average -> [CAST] Summon Undead II
[TURN] Eilir
[GM] [TURN] Zombie, Bugbear
Matt (Avaril the Average): I guess I tell it to follow the intructions of Bo-Taar or Eilir or Aethelmyr.
[TURN] Eilir
Eilir -> [CAST] True Strike
[ROUND 2]
[TURN] Denzil
Denzil -> [ATTACK (R)] +1 Elvencraft Composite Longbow (-4) [1d20+5 = 18]
Attack [18] -> [at Drow Experiment 2] [MISS]
[TURN] Drow Experiment 2
DM: [ATTACK (R)] Longbow [1d20+9 = 20]
Attack [20] -> [at Bo-Taar] [HIT]
DM: [DAMAGE (R)] Longbow [TYPE: piercing] [1d8+3 = 9]
Damage [0] -> [to Bo-Taar] [ABSORBED]
Keah (Eilir): oh right. zombies don’t get AoOs.
Sam (Xenia): so it absorbs the temp hp and erases them for you.
Drow Experiment 2 shoots Bo-taar with another arrow, then drops the bow and grabs his longsword again.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Now RAGE!
Sam (Xenia): nifty
[TURN] Xenia
Keah (Eilir): that is handy.
Campaign saved.
Sam (Xenia): does natural armor help botaar at all?
Drow Experiment 2: He’s already got a +2 enhancement to it.
DM: grr ids
Sam (Xenia): okay. it stacks with natural but not enhancment to natural armor. so no, it would not help.
Keah (Eilir): Bo-Taar, Aethelmyr and I all have some sort of natural armour bonus. or at least i assume aethelmyr does.
dublish (Æthelmyr): I’ve got a little bit.
Xenia: I cast sound burst as far away from me as possible, which, if I counted right, should be just close enough to hit the monster.
Avaril the Average: There is no zombie bugbear in this fight…
Matt (Avaril the Average): Oh wait, I didn’t see it.
Xenia -> [CAST] Sound Burst
Matt (Avaril the Average): It looks like part of the golem.
[TURN] Bo-Taar
[TURN] Xenia
Xenia: I center it on the square to the right of the zombie.
Sam (Xenia): does htat work? should I roll damage?
DM: Roll damage
Xenia -> [DAMAGE] Sound Burst [TYPE: sonic,spell] [1d8 = 1]
Damage [1] -> [to Drow Experiment 2]
Sam (Xenia): aww boooooo
Campaign saved.
DM: Xenia -> [DAMAGE] Sound Burst [TYPE: sonic,spell] [1]
Damage [1] -> [to Zombie, Bugbear]
Sam (Xenia): and roll a fort save
DM: [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+11 = 30]
Keah (Eilir): i think it’s unaffected…
Sam (Xenia): ok, I give up on offensive spells,.
Keah (Eilir): haha
[TURN] Bo-Taar
Keah (Eilir): become a true controller, sam. leave the offensive spells to me and matt.
Sam (Xenia): first blood is mine, though!
Sam (Xenia): mua ha ha
Keah (Eilir): and kyle, when he wants to use whelm.
Sam (Xenia): well, first concussion damage.
Effect [‘STR: 4; CON: 4; SAVE: 2 WILL; AC: -2’] [D:9] -> [to Bo-Taar]
Bo-Taar: RAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH
Keah (Eilir): lol
Bo-Taar -> [ATTACK (M)] Adamantine Goliath Greathammer (Large) [EFFECTS +3] [1d20+15 = 27]
Attack [27] -> [at Drow Experiment 2] [HIT]
Bo-Taar -> [DAMAGE (M)] Adamantine Goliath Greathammer (Large) [MULT:1.5] [EFFECTS +3] [TYPE: bludgeoning(x4)] [3d6+13 = 26]
Damage [26] -> [to Drow Experiment 2] [MODERATE DAMAGE]
[TURN] Æthelmyr
Æthelmyr -> [CAST] Whelm [at Drow Experiment 2]
Drow Experiment 2 -> [SAVE] Will [VS DC 16] [FAILURE] [1d20+2 = 15]
dublish (Æthelmyr): Now, is it immune to mind-affecting spells or non-lethal damage?
DM: no
dublish (Æthelmyr): Sweet.
Æthelmyr -> [DAMAGE] Whelm [TYPE: nonlethal,spell] [2d6 = 3]
Damage [3 NL] -> [to Drow Experiment 2]
dublish (Æthelmyr): Lame.
[TURN] Avaril the Average
Keah (Eilir): at least it worked and we know it’s not undead.
Campaign saved.
Avaril the Average -> [CAST] Magic Missile [at Drow Experiment 2]
Avaril the Average -> [DAMAGE] Magic Missile [TYPE: force,spell] [1d4+1 = 2]
Avaril the Average -> [DAMAGE] Magic Missile [TYPE: force,spell] [1d4+1 = 2]
[TURN] Zombie, Bugbear
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Morningstar [1d20+6 = 8]
Attack [8] -> [at Drow Experiment 2] [MISS]
[TURN] Eilir
ElectricCaveman: well that was useful.
ElectricCaveman: where were those 2’s last fight?
Sam (Xenia): haha
Keah (Eilir): I’m gonna PA5.
Sam (Xenia): you used up all your big rolls
Eilir -> [ATTACK (M)] Magic Heavy Dragonfang Sickle (+15) [1d20+24 = 43]
Attack [43] -> [at Drow Experiment 2] [HIT]
Sam (Xenia): squishing botaar like a big bony bug
Eilir -> [DAMAGE (M)] Magic Heavy Dragonfang Sickle (+5) [TYPE: slashing,magic] [1d8+9 = 10]
Damage [10] -> [to Drow Experiment 2]
ElectricCaveman: This one actually has a chance to hit, unlike the little beetle thing.
Keah (Eilir): and I’m so glad I did.
[ROUND 3]
[TURN] Denzil
Sam (Xenia): poor little beetle.
Eilir: oh yeah. +1 cold.
Keah (Eilir): would you like me to just add taht into the damage and we’ll assume that it’s always there?
DM: sure
Keah (Eilir): okay. and i made a note on the weapon that that’s what i did.
ElectricCaveman: Or you could try, if you want, adding a 1 cold damage hotkey.
Keah (Eilir): oh. that would work.
DM: cold [1]
Damage [1] -> [to Drow Experiment 2]
Campaign saved.
ElectricCaveman: I don’t actually think that did what I wanted it to do.
Keah (Eilir): i don’t think so either.
DM: [GM] [FHEAL] Fast Heal [5]
[GM] Fast healing [2 (+3 NL)] -> [to Drow Experiment 2]
[TURN] Drow Experiment 2
Eilir -> [DAMAGE (R)] [TYPE: cold] [1d2-1 = 1]
Keah (Eilir): maybe that will work.
DM: The creature’s strange hide begins to repair itself before your eyes.
Sam (Xenia): there’s allllways a catch
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Longsword [1d20+13 = 32]
Attack [32] -> [at Bo-Taar] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [HIT]
DM: [ATTACK #2 (M)] Longsword [1d20+8 = 11]
Attack [11] -> [at Bo-Taar] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [MISS]
DM: [DAMAGE (M)] Longsword [MULT:1.5] [TYPE: slashing] [1d8+8 = 13]
Damage [10] -> [to Bo-Taar] [PARTIALLY ABSORBED]
[TURN] Xenia
Xenia: I move and then cast Bless.
Xenia -> [CAST] Bless
Keah (Eilir): that affects all of us. that’s a good beginning-of-combat spell.
Sam (Xenia): +1 on attack to all allies within 50ft
ElectricCaveman: That doesn’t stack with Aid, fyi.
David (Bo-Taar): =(
Sam (Xenia): okay. He still gets extra hp. wihch he’s already burned htrouhg.
Keah (Eilir): aid was for bo-taar. bless is for the rest of us.
Keah (Eilir): david, you don’t need the extra attack help. XD
David (Bo-Taar): i hope not
Effect [‘ATK: 1 morale’] [D:40] -> [to Denzil] [by Xenia]
Effect [‘ATK: 1 morale’] [D:40] -> [to Xenia]
Effect [‘ATK: 1 morale’] [D:40] -> [to Bo-Taar] [by Xenia]
Effect [‘ATK: 1 morale’] [D:40] -> [to Æthelmyr] [by Xenia]
Effect [‘ATK: 1 morale’] [D:40] -> [to Avaril the Average] [by Xenia]
Effect [‘ATK: 1 morale’] [D:40] -> [to Zombie, Bugbear] [by Xenia]
Effect [‘ATK: 1 morale’] [D:40] -> [to Eilir] [by Xenia]
Campaign saved.
[TURN] Bo-Taar
dublish (Æthelmyr): Did that stack with Aid?
David (Bo-Taar): i power attack 3, so +6 dmg if i hit him yes?
DM: yes
Bo-Taar -> [ATTACK (M)] Adamantine Goliath Greathammer (Large) [EFFECTS +3] (-3) [1d20+12 = 32]
Attack [32] -> [at Drow Experiment 2] [AUTOMATIC HIT]
Bo-Taar -> [ATTACK (M)] Adamantine Goliath Greathammer (Large) [EFFECTS +3] (-3) [CONFIRM] [1d20+12 = 19]
Attack [19] -> [at Drow Experiment 2] [CRIT NOT CONFIRMED]
dublish (Æthelmyr): :(
David (Bo-Taar): so close…
Matt (Avaril the Average): Crits are not on your side.
Bo-Taar -> [DAMAGE (M)] Adamantine Goliath Greathammer (Large) [MULT:1.5] [EFFECTS +3] (+6) [TYPE: bludgeoning(x4)] [3d6+19 = 26]
Damage [26] -> [to Drow Experiment 2] [HEAVY DAMAGE]
[TURN] Æthelmyr
‘Zero’ connected
Matt (Avaril the Average): How many rounds has that zombie been up? 2, right? It has 4 total.
Æthelmyr -> [ATTACK (M)] Mwk Rapier [CRIT 18] [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+6 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Drow Experiment 2] [MISS]
[TURN] Avaril the Average
dublish (Æthelmyr): Oh wait, +2 flanking.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Would 25 work?
DM: +2 flanking doesn’t change anything
dublish (Æthelmyr): OK.
Avaril the Average -> [CAST] Jet of Steam [at Drow Experiment 2]
Avaril the Average -> [CAST] Jet of Steam [at Drow Experiment 2]
Avaril the Average -> [CAST] Jet of Steam [at Drow Experiment 2]
Matt (Avaril the Average): Okay, "casting" isn’t working so I’m casting Jet of Steam.
Campaign saved.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Lulz.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Kalyn is connecting.
Drow Experiment 2 -> [SAVE] Reflex [VS DC 14] [SUCCESS] [1d20+5 = 20]
Drow Experiment 2 -> [SAVE] Reflex [VS DC 14] [SUCCESS] [1d20+5 = 25]
Drow Experiment 2 -> [SAVE] Reflex [VS DC 14] [SUCCESS] [1d20+5 = 15]
Matt (Avaril the Average): Okay well it was just the first one anyway…
Matt (Avaril the Average): So half of this.
Keah (Eilir): half damage in the modifier menu.
Avaril the Average: [4d4 = 10]
Damage [5] -> [to Drow Experiment 2]
[TURN] Zombie, Bugbear
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Morningstar [EFFECTS +1] (Flanking +2) [1d20+9 = 28]
Attack [28] -> [at Drow Experiment 2] [HIT]
DM: [DAMAGE (M)] Morningstar [TYPE: bludgeoning,piercing] [1d8+3 = 6]
Damage [6] -> [to Drow Experiment 2]
[TURN] Eilir
Eilir -> [ATTACK (M)] Bilyeklo [EFFECTS +1] (+2) [1d20+12 = 18]
Attack [18] -> [at Drow Experiment 2] [MISS]
Keah (Eilir): :S
Eilir -> [SKILL] Concentration (Spell Class +4) [1d20+12 = 13]
Keah (Eilir): and my spell fizzles, too.
[ROUND 4]
[TURN] Denzil
Keah (Eilir): that was a useless round.
Denzil -> [ATTACK (M)] Mwk Elvencraft Longbow [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+7 = 10]
Attack [10] -> [at Drow Experiment 2] [MISS]
Zero (Denzil): and dodge, if it hasn’t been done already
DM: [FHEAL] Fast Heal [5]
Fast healing [5] -> [to Drow Experiment 2]
[TURN] Drow Experiment 2
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Longsword [1d20+13 = 26]
Attack [26] -> [at Æthelmyr] [HIT]
DM: [ATTACK #2 (M)] Longsword [1d20+8 = 11]
Attack [11] -> [at Æthelmyr] [MISS]
DM: [DAMAGE (M)] Longsword [MULT:1.5] [TYPE: slashing] [1d8+8 = 16]
Damage [16] -> [to Æthelmyr] [MODERATE DAMAGE]
[TURN] Xenia
Sam (Xenia): I cast Bulls stregnth on botaar
Xenia -> [CAST] Bull’s Strength [at Bo-Taar]
Campaign saved.
Sam (Xenia): because what he needs is more stregnth
Sam (Xenia): also, there is a possum in our yard right now.
Keah (Eilir): i could always use more strength. >.>
Sam (Xenia): okay. Next time I’ll spread the buffs around more.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Make the possum dead dead, not play dead.
Sam (Xenia): possums are gross looking.
[TURN] Bo-Taar
Keah (Eilir): that would probably be wise. we’ve seen what happens when we rely on just one person.
David (Bo-Taar): lol
Sam (Xenia): I can’t add the effects myself.
DM: Make an effect in the effects window on the right, then drag it to the target
DM: Or can you not add to that
Keah (Eilir): we can’t make effects.
Effect [‘STR: 4’] [D:40] -> [to Bo-Taar]
DM: Can you add them to spells?
Sam (Xenia): I dunno. some spells have them already. I will investigate.
Keah (Eilir): you can put negative numbers into ability damage to modify them on your charsheet.
Bo-Taar -> [ATTACK (M)] Adamantine Goliath Greathammer (Large) [EFFECTS +5] [1d20+17 = 24]
Attack [24] -> [at Drow Experiment 2] [MISS]
[TURN] Æthelmyr
David (Bo-Taar): +17 and i miss =(
DM: Did you move?
Bo-Taar: oh yes sorry
DM: There it is
Campaign saved.
Keah (Eilir): why is there a 20ft circle?
dublish (Æthelmyr): I can’t snap to the correct grid.
ElectricCaveman: dunno. it’s xenia’s.
Sam (Xenia): oh. I think I accidently made it while trying to find effects. I do not know.
Matt (Avaril the Average): samclickbothbuttonsatonce
Matt (Avaril the Average): ohwaitmac
Sam (Xenia): I’m not on a mac.
Keah (Eilir): she’s not on her mac. we covered this last time.
Æthelmyr -> [CAST] Whelm [at Drow Experiment 2]
Drow Experiment 2 -> [SAVE] Will [VS DC 16] [SUCCESS] [1d20+2 = 18]
[TURN] Avaril the Average
Sam (Xenia): I’m on the laptop with the stupid trackerpad.
Avaril the Average -> [CAST] Magic Missile [at Drow Experiment 2]
Avaril the Average -> [DAMAGE] Magic Missile [TYPE: force,spell] [1d4+1 = 4]
Avaril the Average -> [DAMAGE] Magic Missile [TYPE: force,spell] [1d4+1 = 5]
Sam (Xenia): those were good!
Matt (Avaril the Average): That’s how you cast spells Sam.
Keah (Eilir): my fg is spazzing out… stuff is flashing and disappearing. like tokens. and my dice.
Damage [4] -> [to Drow Experiment 2]
Damage [5] -> [to Drow Experiment 2] [DYING]
Matt (Avaril the Average): Sounds like a problem with the CRACK YOU ARE USING! PIRATE!
Avaril the Average: You’re all welcome.
Eilir: I thought you weren’t gonna fight.
Drow applauds.
Drow: That was fun! I look forward to our next one!
David (Bo-Taar): …
Avaril the Average: I had a vision this didn’t go well so I stepped in and saved you all.
Drow pulls out one of her knots, unravels it, and vanishes.
Denzil: wait, weren’t we supposed to get some sort of compensation?
Eilir: She’ll probably come bother us again, too.
Avaril the Average: Probably.
Campaign saved.
Xenia: well, if she attacks again while we are with ptek-chak and his people, they will help protect us
dublish (Æthelmyr): While we are with ptek-chak.
Æthelmyr: While we are with ptek-chak.
Æthelmyr: Anyway.
David (Bo-Taar): so we’re safe for another week
Xenia: well, true. it is small comfort. But better than no comfort!
Avaril the Average: Yeah, she won’t stop. And she won’t fight fair. So she’s a stupid cowardly bitch and we need to kill her as soon as we possibly can.
Avaril the Average: Fuck these stupid things she’s doing.
Avaril the Average: Ptek-chak. Will your people eat that thing?
Avaril the Average points at the corpse.
Eilir: Avaril!
Æthelmyr: I wonder what it even is.
Avaril the Average: I want to watch!
Keah (Eilir): do they eat corpses? i should probably know before i assert that they don’t.
Ptek-chak: We will not. If it is your custom, please do so away from our children.
Avaril the Average: Damn. I was hoping for an entertaining show.
Eilir: I say we burn it and move on.
Denzil: Probably safe
Denzil: lets move on
Eilir: Well, I hope the Thri-keen were impressed.
Campaign saved.
Æthelmyr: Right.
Æthelmyr: Let’s go.
DM: After the fight, things return to routine pretty quickly. After you are on the road a couple more days, Ptek-chak tells you about your next stop.
Sam (Xenia): we spent what feels liek a lot of hours playing D&D this weekend. So I will use that as my excuse for how little laundry I did.
Keah (Eilir): that is acceptable.
Ptek-chak: We are heading for a special place to those who walk the desert. The tribe finds you most impressive and offers you a great honor.
Eilir: We are grateful for such an honour. What manner of place is it?
Ptek-chak: It is one of the places where the crystals form that are able to hold great psionic energies.
Campaign saved.
Æthelmyr: That sounds amazing!
Matt (Avaril the Average): Not acceptable! Is David supposed to go to work in torn TU t-shirts!? NOT ACCEPTABLE SAM!
Eilir: It does.
Æthelmyr: How do the crystals work?
Keah (Eilir): David’s not allowed to wear t-shirts to work.
Matt (Avaril the Average): EXACTLY!
Sam (Xenia): hey, I did the polos. He’ll just have to wear slightly worn jeans. and he’s a little short on socks.
Ptek-chak: We must gather some for tribute later on our way. I do not know how they work, only that they do.
Matt (Avaril the Average): idon’tneedtoknowDavid’slaundrysituationSam…
Keah (Eilir): so you’ll just have to do some laundry tomorrow, sam.
Eilir: Tribute? What kind of tribute?
Matt (Avaril the Average): To the greatest song in the world.
Ptek-chak: Payment for a master of the desert.
dublish (Æthelmyr): A long time ago, me and my buddy Kyle here…
Keah (Eilir): that would’ve been funnier if matt had said it.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Was hitch-hikin’ down a long and lonesome road.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Fuck you.
Ptek-chak: The tribe has chosen for you to retrieve the crystals. It is an ancient trial among our people. If you do so, you will be accepted as full members of our tribe, not just as our guests.
Eilir: That really IS quite an honour.
Sam (Xenia): oh this is cool
Eilir is pretty amazed.
Zero (Denzil): well, it should be interesting if anything. i’m game
Ptek-chak: It is most rare for our people to allow outsiders. You have healed the desert and shown your ability in battle.
Bo-Taar: We are honored.
Denzil: We are. Thank you
Avaril the Average: Are we? Why do we care if we’re bugmen?
Campaign saved.
Avaril the Average: Was does this gain us? Will you follow us and aid us for the rest of our days?
Eilir: I just assume we no longer speak for you when we speak as a group. But I also don’t care.
Bo-Taar: It is a great honor to be accepted into a tribe, they do not give it lightly
Avaril the Average: Or do we just get to tell whores in the tavern that we happen to be allied with a giant tribe of bugmen.
Eilir: Ignore him, Ptek-chak. He’s an unsavoury sort, as our kind goes.
Avaril the Average: Yes, and what does that bestow us? What does honor grant us that’s tangible. It’s not coin, it’s not an item I can utilize.
Eilir: It grants us allies.
Avaril the Average: It’s the ability to walk up into a brothel and go, "I am a bugman who wants to fuck?"
Avaril the Average: Allies that do what? Wander the desert until they get a message we’re in trouble, then arrive after weeks of restless journeying to find our splayed corpses?
Æthelmyr: I want to be there when he tries that bit.
Avaril the Average: Allies only work if they can arrive in a timely manner.
Bo-Taar: The bonds of a tribe are not to be taken lightly, lonely mage.
Eilir: So we should make them wherever we can, and we’ll never be without.
Eilir: Sometimes I think we should just tie him up and leave him.
Bo-Taar: Sometimes I think h’d like that
Avaril the Average: This serves us no purpose and gains us nothing. Maybe a special title that everyone else in the world except this tribe will scoff at before they tell us to piss off.
Avaril the Average: I want tangible payment. Do these crystals have magical properties that I can refine or use?
Sam (Xenia): I hope you all caught David trying to work in some angst from his backstory there.
Avaril the Average: Are they valuable?
Sam (Xenia): I’m very proud.
Keah (Eilir): i caught it.
Matt (Avaril the Average): : | sam
Bo-Taar: There is more to this world than physical wealth.
Avaril the Average: Name any of it that’s as valuable.
Eilir: Avaril, we owe these people for granting us safe passage and guiding us through the desert.
Sam (Xenia): alright, this is fun, but I gotta go take a shower and get to bed.
Avaril the Average: And I thank them for that. It’s very kind of them to do and it’s fantastic!
Eilir: And yet you demand they PAY you.
Avaril the Average: But at no point beyond this tribe will being a member serve us any purpose.
Æthelmyr -> [CAST] Silence [at Avaril the Average]
Avaril the Average -> [SAVE] Will [VS DC 17] [SUCCESS] [1d20+9 = 29]
ElectricCaveman: yeah, it’s probably time to call it a day.
Sam (Xenia): maybe we can pick up this discusison later? Or just keep having it and assume Xenia is glaring at Avairl.
dublish (Æthelmyr): :(
Keah (Eilir): we can call it.
Avaril the Average: Oh no… No no no…
Avaril the Average -> [CAST] Ghoul Touch [at Eilir]
Eilir -> [SAVE] Fortitude [VS DC 15] [SUCCESS] [1d20+7 = 19]
Avaril the Average -> [ATTACK (M)] Ghoul Touch [TOUCH] [EFFECTS +1] [1d20+4 = 17]
Attack [17] -> [at Eilir] [HIT]
Sam (Xenia): good call though. That would ahve been funny.
Campaign saved.
Eilir: WHAT THE HELL!?
Sam (Xenia): Oh come onnnn
Eilir: I didn’t cast that, you idiot.
dublish (Æthelmyr): HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Æthelmyr: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
Avaril the Average: +2 [1d6+2 = 3]
Bo-Taar: Attack another member of this party again, and I shall squash you like the little bug you are, no offense to our hosts.
Matt (Avaril the Average): 18 seconds of paralization. But you’re not sickened by the stench. However, everyone needs to make fort rolls if you’re within 10 feet of Eilir…
Avaril the Average -> [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+4 = 16]
Æthelmyr -> [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+5 = 14]
Avaril the Average -> [SKILL] Concentration [1d20+9 = 25]
Xenia -> [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+5 = 7]
Keah (Eilir): um, no. i’m not paralysed.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Over 13 works.
Bo-Taar -> [SAVE] Fortitude [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+10 = 29]
Eilir -> [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+7 = 19]
Eilir -> [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+7 = 22]
dublish (Æthelmyr): Oh, he’s still got Aid.
Keah (Eilir): lol
Matt (Avaril the Average): It only says the sickened part is fort negated, not the paralysis.
Sam (Xenia): can botaar punch his lights out so we can go to bed?
Matt (Avaril the Average): I didn’t start this one.
Matt (Avaril the Average): : p
Keah (Eilir): no, that’s additionally.
Sam (Xenia): yes you did. By being a turd bucket
David (Bo-Taar): it’ll be non-lethal i promise
Keah (Eilir): pretty sure there’s no low-level paralysis that doesn’t allow a save.
Matt (Avaril the Average): I’m looking at the wording FG provided.
Keah (Eilir): which states a second time that fort negates the stench.
Matt (Avaril the Average): On becoming sickened…
Campaign saved.
Keah (Eilir): either way, it only lasts about 20s.
‘Sam’ disconnected
dublish (Æthelmyr): Anyway, we’re done for the night.
Eilir: The next time you attack me in any way, wizard, I will cut you down. And it seems like I’ll have help.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Friday evening will work for me for our next session.
‘Matt’ disconnected
‘Keah’ disconnected
‘dublish’ disconnected

Session 26 Chat Log

The Legs of Lolth dublish