The Legs of Lolth
Obsidian Portal recently had a Kickstarter campaign to clean up some of their interfaces and add a few more features, mostly do make things easier to use. I backed the project, so we’ll be getting Ascendant features any day now, too.
Some of the biggest changes will be mostly of use to me as GM, but here are some new Ascendant features you might want to be aware of:
- Player Secrets will be available on pretty much every page. These are parts of the pages that only the GM and specific characters can see. I think either the GM or player will be able to make these, so this could be a great way to share and record some sneaky info.
- Forums will be added to the wiki. I expect they work just like every other forum out there. I see being a useful place to discuss, with an easy to access record, things like our house rule discussions on supernatural transparency, weapon groups, or magical crafting. I don’t know that we’ll much more like that for this campaign, but I expect we’ll find other things that might be useful to have on the wiki as a discussion instead of a page.
- We will also be getting a calendar on the wiki. I don’t know how exactly it will work, or if it will be better than anything we might already be doing with Google (though I do know you can have it communicate with your Google calendar), but I think it will be worth checking out when it goes up.
- We will be able to have Obsidian Portal send out email notifications when I update pages. Let me know if you’re interested in that.
- We can have more maps in the campaign, up to five total. I don’t know if we need maps of anything else, but it’s an option.
- We can now use CSS to customize the wiki. If anyone knows or is inclined to learn CSS, and wants to use it, that would be awesome. I don’t know if you can get to that from the player-side, but I should be able to add someone as a co-GM if they want to play webmaster.
The “Reforged” features from the Kickstarter will take longer to get added, since they still have to get made and stuff. If you’re interested, you can find details on their Kickstarter page linked above.