The Legs of Lolth
Character equipment will follow the standard rules as outlined in the DMG, with a few additions. Here’s an overview:
- PCs start with 200,000 gp worth of gear and wealth
- No single item may have a value of over 1/4 your total wealth.
- Assuming you have the correct feats and/or skills, you can spend the creation costs instead of the purchase costs.
- If using a skill, take 15 to determine the most complex items you can create.
- Because these are one-shot adventures, the following rules apply:
- One-use items cost 5 times the usual market value.
- Charged items (like wands) have 1/5 the usual number of charges.
- If the character is used in multiple adventures, you get a new set of charges (1 or 1/5 total), or can swap out a one-use item for a different one-use item (or items) of equal value.
Don’t stress the details. A few, or even a few thousand, gp are not going to make a big difference. Just have fun with it.