Session 24 Chat Log

Chat log started at 16.2.2013 / 16:54:10

3.5E v2.9.2 ruleset for Fantasy Grounds II.
Copyright 2012 Smiteworks USA, LLC.

Languages v2.5 Extension for FGII 3.5E ruleset by Tenian (converted to 3.5E by Trenloe & Callum). Copyright 2011 Smiteworks. This extension uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC, which are used under Paizo’s Community Use Policy. We are expressly prohibited from charging you to use or access this content. This extension is not published, endorsed, or specifically approved by Paizo Publishing. For more information about Paizo’s Community Use Policy, please visit paizo.com/communityuse. For more information about Paizo Publishing and Paizo products, please visit paizo.com.
‘dublish’ connected
‘Keah’ connected
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
‘David’ connected
‘Sam’ connected
Campaign saved.
ElectricCaveman: Is there any reason Mr. Whiskers is trying to join the party?
Keah (Eilir): we’re replacing Avaril with Mr. Whiskers. or something.
dublish (Æthelmyr): I didn’t select him.
‘Matt’ connected
ElectricCaveman: I was just wondering why he was on here
dublish (Æthelmyr): Maybe I uploaded him last time?
ElectricCaveman: You did. I didn’t know if you had a reason.
Campaign saved.
GLaDOS: Last time on… The Legs of Lolth:
Campaign saved.
GLaDOS: The party wandered back and forth through the desert. Their camels were not amused. Eventually they tracked down a bugbear with a magic sponge. They looted his corpse and stuff.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Yay us!
Keah (Eilir): Woohoo!
Keah (Eilir): did we ever get a loot list? or was it just the sponge?
ElectricCaveman: Anyone want to play Denzil?
Keah (Eilir): i will.
GLaDOS: You got a loot list. There were gems and money and stuff.
Keah (Eilir): oh wait yeah. i do remember that.
ElectricCaveman: Denzil is clear. I think he’s not totally updated, but he’s operational.
Keah (Eilir): what do you mean by not totally updated?
ElectricCaveman: I don’t think Kalyn finished leveling him up.
Keah (Denzil): oh. well, i won’t mess with it. i imagine kalyn knows what he has left to do.
dublish (Æthelmyr): You might want to check his skill points.
ElectricCaveman: But the attacks and saves are all good, and I think skills.
ElectricCaveman: I know he still needs to take a bonus feat.
Keah (Denzil): as long as he’s operational, we’re good.
GLaDOS: I covered all the treasure last time. I don’t think I mentioned their mundane equipment, though. Armor and weapons.
GLaDOS: Probably the only thing of note is the glaive, since Xenia could use it.
Keah (Eilir): Not intested in that stuff unless we REALLY feel like hauling and selling it.
Campaign saved.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Nobody cares about stupid chain shirts!
GLaDOS: Oh, and the barrel is still sitting there being ignored.
Eilir: There’s a barrel? Let’s have a look!
GLaDOS: The barrel is full of clean water.
Eilir: Huh. I wonder what they were doing with it. This can’t be ALL the water from three oases.
Æthelmyr: Maybe you should sponge it up and see if something magical happens.
Keah (Eilir): I believe Xenia has the sponge.
ElectricCaveman: Bo-taar should get a description so he can have a picture that isn’t a soap star.
Keah (Eilir): haha. i like soap opera bo-taar.
Æthelmyr: Bo-Taar’s description should describe him as a soap star.
Keah (Eilir): but a description would be nice, so i can at least sketch him.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Bo-Taar’s description should describe him as a soap star.
Keah (Eilir): a soap star among goliaths!
ElectricCaveman: He is the best soap-maker!
Keah (Eilir): haha!
Keah (Eilir): Give him some free profession skill points.
Keah (Eilir): he can make facy soaps from the fats of the various things we kill. though lately it’s been humanoids, so… that would be a little weird…
ElectricCaveman: Fight Club
David (Bo-Taar): my charisma should be higher if i was a soap star
Campaign saved.
Keah (Eilir): not if you’re making soap.
ElectricCaveman: But yes if he’s running the Fight Club.
Xenia: okay, I have the spongy. I walk over to the barrel and look.
Xenia: What should I do with it?
Eilir: Try sticking it in the water?
Xenia: Okay.
David (Bo-Taar): stand back, xenias about to try magic!
Keah (Eilir): That’s normal. She’s a cleric…
Sam (Xenia): wait, did we detect magic or whatever on this guy last time? I
Keah (Eilir): yes
Sam (Xenia): okay.
Keah (Eilir): we know it’s what we’re looking for.
Xenia gingerly pinches the sponge and lowers it into the water barrel.
Æthelmyr watches with interest.
GLaDOS: The sponge soaks up water rapidly. The water level lowers as quickly as you put the sponge in it. The sponge itself becomes merely damp.
Eilir: Woooooah…
Xenia: whoahhhhhh
Æthelmyr: If we keep that, we’ll never run out of water.
Bo-Taar: Try squeezing water back out.
Eilir: Just a LITTLE squeeze, though. We don’t want to flood the place.
Xenia gently squeezes the sponge.
Campaign saved.
GLaDOS: A small trickle of water comes out of the sponge, no more than an ordinary damp sponge would yield. Certainly less water than the barrel lost.
Xenia: huh
Xenia squeezes with more force.
Æthelmyr: So it makes the water just disappear?
Eilir: I’d suggest you wring it dry, but again, we don’t want to flood the place.
GLaDOS: You squueze the sponge, but it does not provide much more water than you got out of it the first time.
Æthelmyr: Maybe Sarshan will know what to do with it?
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Knowledge (arcana) [MOD:INT] [1d20+9 = 17]
Eilir: So what’s the point of this, anyway? Maybe whoever made this item messed up?
Xenia: Maybe. Maybe there is a magic incantation to make it release?
Eilir: It seems pretty useless unless there’s more to it.
Bo-Taar: Maybe it is being transported elsewhere?
Xenia: I mean, what is the point of a thing that only takes but can’t provide water?!
Eilir: That’s a thought, but where?
Xenia: except to wreak havoc!
Æthelmyr: Well, it’d be pretty good at cleaning up spills…
Eilir: Hey Xenia, what if you tried the incantation for the spell to Create Water but without the hand motions?
Keah (Eilir): It’s the D&D version of a super shammy?
David (Bo-Taar): we found a shamwow
Keah (Eilir): haha
[w] -> Æthelmyr: You don’t really know anything about how the item is working. There is not obvious mechanism to its effect.
Campaign saved.
Xenia: Well, okay. Maybe we should go outside?
Eilir: Let’s.
GLaDOS: You return outdoors.
ElectricCaveman: Does anyone remember what time of day it was?
Keah (Eilir): afternoon?
Sam (Xenia): no idea.
ElectricCaveman: looked it up
David (Bo-Taar): we probably traveled all morning so probably afternoon?
GLaDOS: The desert air is already beginning to chill with the recent setting of the sun. The early night sky is clear, and your camels are dozing gently in your absence.
Eilir: Well at least it’s not as hot. Let’s head back to the Shrine.
Campaign saved.
Xenia: I grab that glaive, at least until I figure out if I like it.
GLaDOS: After following the bugbear’s trail all day, the camels are reluctant to continue into the night. After some firm prodding, and retalitory expectoration, you get moving back to the Shrine.
Eilir -> [SKILL] Handle Animal [1d20+1 = 6]
Keah (Eilir): haha. aw.
GLaDOS: Your camel pushes you over when you try to rouse it.
GLaDOS: You fall on your back in the loose sand.
Keah (Eilir): So they’re kind of like Avaril. They don’t like being roused, and they sleep in the nude.
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Handle Animal [1d20+2 = 10]
Xenia: oh avaril. For some reason, his new picture reminds me of Aladdin
Sam (Xenia): well, phooey.
GLaDOS: [1d100 = 58]
GLaDOS: [1d100 = 90]
Sam (Xenia): if Aladdin was evil.
GLaDOS: [1d100 = 43]
GLaDOS: [1d100 = 75]
Æthelmyr: [1d100 = 88]
dublish (Æthelmyr): Great Scott!
dublish (Æthelmyr): Why are we rolling?
dublish (Æthelmyr): Ah! Map!
Keah (Eilir): random encounters.
ElectricCaveman: huh?
Campaign saved.
Keah (Eilir): map? what?
dublish (Æthelmyr): There’s something on the Generic Combat Map. Maybe.
Keah (Eilir): that’s from last time.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Oh.
GLaDOS: You trek off through the cool night air, passing the bandits’ former hideout on the way back to the Shrine.
Campaign saved.
GLaDOS: You return to the Shrine encountering nothing more dangerous than small desert animals that quickly dash away. Upon arrival, you find that Sarshan is sleeping, though many of the Shrine’s visitors are up and about in the cool night air.
Æthelmyr: I’m fine with taking it easy until Sarshan wakes up.
Æthelmyr: Any objections?
Eilir: None here. Let’s get some rest.
HAL: You settle in to sleep.
Avaril the Average -> Resting.
Eilir -> Resting.
Æthelmyr -> Resting.
Denzil -> Resting.
Xenia -> Resting.
Bo-Taar -> Resting.
Æthelmyr: OK, now where’s Sarshan.
Awarding 1900 XP to the Party
[317 XP] -> Eilir
[317 XP] -> Xenia
[317 XP] -> Æthelmyr
[317 XP] -> Denzil
[317 XP] -> Bo-Taar
[317 XP] -> Avaril the Average
David (Bo-Taar): woohoo xp!
Campaign saved.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Hooray, only 3646 to go!
Keah (Eilir): woo!
HAL: When you wake up, Sarshan is already going about his day. When you find him, he is most excited to hear of your discoveries.
User ‘Keah’ has gone AFK.
Xenia pulls the sponge from whatever safe place it had been tucked into.
Xenia: It soaked up water from a barrel with incredible affinity, but we don’t know how or if it releases the water.
Campaign saved.
Sarshan: Fascinating. If you would let me, I would very much like to see what I can learn of it before returning it to the nobleman who lost it.
Sarshan: And, of course, I will do what I can to provide you the reward he promised for its recovery.
Æthelmyr: Excellent!
Sarshan: I do not keep a great deal of metallic wealth on hand, but I will gather what I have and what the other visitors have brought to trade, and perhaps see what else I have that may be of use to you.
Sarshan: Are there any other services I can offer you? To where are you headed from here?
Campaign saved.
Eilir: We’re actually looking for a hermit who’s supposed to live around here.
Keah (Eilir): can’t remember her name, since it’s been so long. Shelby comes to mind, but i know that’s wrong.
ElectricCaveman: No, she’s supposed to live on the far side of the desert. And she goes by Ashley Quick.
Keah (Eilir): right.
Eilir: We’re headed to the far side of the desert in search of a hermit.
Eilir: Aside from bandits is there anything dangerous or interesting along the way?
Sarshan: There are many secrets in the desert, both dangerous and fascinating. Do you know the hermit’s name? Perhaps I can find directions for you in my library or from the visitors.
Eilir: We were told she goes by the name Ashley Quick.
Campaign saved.
Sarshan: I will see what I can find. You are welcome to stay as long as you wish. If there is anything I can help with, let me know.
Æthelmyr: Will do, thank you for your help.
Keah (Eilir): Do we need any supplies? I feel like we’re still doing alright.
Campaign saved.
Eilir: So… I guess we’re just hanging out then.
[w] -> Eilir: I gave you a note about Denzil’s stuff, since Kalyn isn’t here.
[w] Denzil: Okay.
[w] -> Denzil: I didn’t know if it automatically popped up or not.
Denzil: We need to make another stop on the way, guys.
[w] Denzil: I just got it.
dublish (Æthelmyr): I can’t think of anything we need to do besides find Ashley.
Æthelmyr: Refresh my memory.
Denzil: You remember that slaver woman, Isadora?
[w] -> Eilir: Also, I mentioned the library so that you might have a chance to learn the first ritual for the Whitefang.
[w] Denzil: ah. i missed the library part. thanks.
Denzil: When Isaac and I followed her after we all parted ways, we found out she’s up to something pretty… sinister. And it’s not just slaving.
Xenia: She is…difficult to forget.
Sam (Xenia): aww, I was late.
Denzil: Evidently she’s been consorting with demons and someone called the Dark Prince Graz’zt.
Campaign saved.
Æthelmyr: That sounds awfully… sinister.
Denzil: Isaac wants us to do some recon at a necropolis that should be somewhere nearby. He thinks some of that woman’s cohorts are hiding there.
Eilir: Sarshan mentioned a library. I wonder if there’s any histories that talk about this necropolis.
[w] Eilir: I feel so contrived! XD
Æthelmyr: Isaac knows we’re after the Legs of Lolth, right?
[w] -> Eilir: My whole plot runs on contrivences.
[w] Denzil: I know. I meant feeling contrived by in-character copy-pasting all the info you just gave/reminded me.
[GM] Avaril the Average -> [SKILL] Knowledge (Religion) [UNTRAINED]
[GM] Bo-Taar -> [SKILL] Knowledge (Religion) [UNTRAINED]
[GM] Denzil -> [SKILL] Knowledge (Religion) [UNTRAINED]
[GM] Eilir -> [SKILL] Knowledge (Religion) [UNTRAINED]
[GM] Xenia -> [SKILL] Knowledge (Religion) [1d20+1 = 13]
[GM] Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Knowledge (Religion) [1d20+8 = 21]
Denzil: Sure he does. But this is important, too. And it’s not like it’s too far out of the way.
Eilir: And Isadora might just keep coming after us. That could be serious trouble down the line.
[w] -> Æthelmyr: You know the name Graz’zt from your study of religions. He is one of the Dark Lords of the Abyss, and is known to have a long-standing feud with Lolth, among others.
Eilir: So let’s go find Sarshan and see if he’ll let us use his library, see what we can find out about this place. We can look for info on Ashley on our own, too. It might even have some more information on the Legs, if we’re really lucky.
[w] Æthelmyr: My study of religions?
Campaign saved.
[w] -> Æthelmyr: You have a knowledge (religion) of +8.
[w] -> Æthelmyr: I rolled for your knowledge.
[w] Æthelmyr: Just making sure.
[w] -> Æthelmyr: Actually, I rolled for everyones’. Yay, party sheet.
Æthelmyr: Graz’zt is a Dark Lord of the Abyss. I don’t remember a whole lot about him, but he’s definitely not a friend of Lolth’s.
[w] -> Æthelmyr: Anyway, you know that if one of Lolth or Graz’zt are involved in a scheme, the other is likely to be looking to interfere.
Eilir: That still sounds pretty bad…
Æthelmyr: Which part, the part about a demon lord from the Abyss, or the likelihood that we might be stepping into a feud between demons and drow?
Xenia: yeah, that part.
Æthelmyr: Just checking.
Eilir: Both, really. But still. Do you want Isaac AND Isadora coming after us if we just leave her alone to do her own thing?
Æthelmyr: Um…
Eilir: Do it for the loot?
Eilir: If it’s that old, it probably has all sorts of shiny things in there.
Campaign saved.
Sam (Xenia): haha…the way to Aethelmyr’s heart
ElectricCaveman: Maybe she’s part pixie.
Keah (Eilir): Eilir is pulling out the big guns now.
Keah (Eilir): XD
Æthelmyr: Alright, but I’d just like to register my unhappiness with this turn of events.
Eilir: Hey, if there’s undead there, we have Xenia. For everything else, we have Bo-Taar. We’ll be fine!
Eilir: Besides, we’re heroes, right?
ElectricCaveman: Big gorram heroes.
Keah (Eilir): that vague mastercard reference was totally unintended, but i like it.
Keah (Eilir): haha
Xenia: Heroes…yes. Heroes.
ElectricCaveman: For everything else, there’s Master Taar.
Æthelmyr: Did someone start calling us heroes while I wasn’t listening?
Eilir: Hey. We stopped a plague, saved a tribe of kobolds AND a dragon, and we found the magic item that was sucking all the oases dry.
Æthelmyr: Well… we DID save a dragon…
Eilir: I call that pretty good qualifications for starters, not to mention this epic quest we’re on. It’s just like in the stories!
Æthelmyr: OK, so where’s this necropolis?
Denzil: Southwest of here, supposedly. But I agree with Eilir, let’s go check out Sarshan’s library. I’d rather read up a bit if we can than wander around the desert again.
Eilir goes to find Sarshan and asks permission to use his library.
Campaign saved.
Ref: Sarshan happily agrees to let you use his library, and asks if there is anything he can help you find.
Æthelmyr: Anything on Lords of the Abyss, or drow maybe, or necropolis… necropoli? Necropolises?
Eilir: I’m also looking for some information on this.
Eilir holds up Bilyeklo.
Eilir: I got it from some orc dragon hunters.
Keah (Eilir): They hunt orc dragons.
Keah (Eilir): lololol
Campaign saved.
[w] Eilir: there is one problem with playing two characters. Different known languages. But at least there’s only a couple to keep straight, and it probably won’t be a problem anyway.
Ref: Sarshan takes you to his library, a collection of old scrolls and tomes from a variety of sources. He begins pulling out volumes while he discusses them with you. He sets you up with a variety of reading material before returning to his other tasks.
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Research [MOD:INT] [1d20+5 = 13]
[w] Eilir: what are we using for my checks? Because I don’t have knowledge (history).
Ref: lol. Anyone else want to make int checks?
Eilir -> [ABILITY] Intelligence check [1d20+2 = 19]
Denzil -> [ABILITY] Intelligence check [1d20+1 = 13]
Keah (Eilir): that second one was Denzil. I just forgot to switch.
Xenia -> [ABILITY] Intelligence check [1d20 = 5]
Keah (Eilir): oh. it labelled them… weird.
Campaign saved.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Xenia is not very intelligent. Lulz.
Keah (Eilir): clerics don’t need INT.
Keah (Eilir): that’s their dump stat.
Xenia: no, I is not very smaaaart.
Sam (Xenia): whoops.
Sam (Xenia): haha
Keah (Eilir): Don’t make fun of the barbarian!
Keah (Eilir): Sam. Bo-Taar’s smarter than you…
Keah (Eilir): The Barb is SMARTER than you.
David (Bo-Taar): :)
Sam (Xenia): his mod is higher than mine.
Sam (Xenia): I told you, I is not very smart.
Keah (Eilir): haha
Keah (Eilir): it’s because you skipped all those cleric classes. XD
Sam (Xenia): haha
Campaign saved.
Ref: You spend all day pouring over dusty old volumes, and find a fair bit of information about your next destination. It is all that remains of an ancient city lost to the desert, the long-buried catacombs of a lost civilization. It has been long-since looted of any remnants of that lost people, but in relatively recent history it has gained a different notoriety. An ambitious necromancer chose that place to perform a ritual he thought would make him immortal. It failed, but it is rumored that the power he drew off from the Positive and Negative Energy Planes weakened the border between Taragin and Phantus. People say the place now draws or spawns all sorts of ghosts and other undead, along with other ethereal creatures.
Keah (Eilir): Sounds like fun!
David (Bo-Taar): cool
Æthelmyr: I don’t like the sound of this place at all.
Eilir: Like I said, Xenia and Bo-Taar. PLUS the rest of us. We’ll be fine!
Æthelmyr: Yeah, fine.
[w] Eilir: any Bilyeklo stuff? Or are you getting to that? Or did I fail miserably? Or was it… A RED HERRING? O.O
Æthelmyr: The last time we met ethereal creatures, I thought I was going crazy.
Campaign saved.
[w] -> Eilir: You also find stories about a ritual the Tornclaw Orcs perform when the Whitefang was passed from leader to leader. Along with a variety of incense, oils, and other magical foci, the ritual calls for no less than 1 pint of draconic blood.
David (Bo-Taar): etherial means i miss 50% of the time right?
Keah (Eilir): Only if you have a magic weapon. I think.
dublish (Æthelmyr): If you miss, you just need to rage harder.
Keah (Eilir): haha
David (Bo-Taar): oh so i can still smack ghosts with my hammer?
Ref: Magic misses 50%, mundane always misses, force effects always hit.
David (Bo-Taar): oh
Eilir (under her breath): Oh this’ll be fun… Where am I gonna get dragon blood?
Matt (Avaril the Average): I’m here what the fuck did I miss?
ElectricCaveman: Talk.
ElectricCaveman: Lots of talk.
dublish (Æthelmyr): We’re going to go to a necropolis and fight demons.
ElectricCaveman: And you’re going to go chacing after demons in a ghost-filled necropolis.
ElectricCaveman: That too.
Eilir: You also find stories about a ritual the Tornclaw Orcs perform when the Whitefang was passed from leader to leader. Along with a variety of incense, oils, and other magical foci, the ritual calls for no less than 1 pint of draconic blood.
Keah (Eilir): ohsnap!
Keah (Eilir): stupid track pad…
Æthelmyr: Oh, you stay the hell away from me!
Keah (Eilir): haha
Æthelmyr: >:(
Matt (Avaril the Average): Are we on a map?
Matt (Avaril the Average): Why?
Matt (Avaril the Average): Maps aren’t for talking.
Eilir: We’ll just assume I told everyone what I found? Completely deadpan.
Ref: sure
Campaign saved.
Eilir: You know, Aethelmyr… We could just collect a little at a time, then Xenia can heal you right up again. It wouldn’t be so bad.
Æthelmyr: Oh no, you’re not sticking me with anything!
Æthelmyr: Find your own stupid dragon blood!
Eilir: Okay okay! I’m not gonna force you, I just figured it’d be easier than going and finding another dragon somewhere.
Æthelmyr: I’m not even a full dragon anyway, so you just forget about it, missy.
Eilir: The text said "draconic", so it doesn’t sound like you have to be full dragon anyway…
Xenia: okay, Eilir, she said no. We’ll think of something else, if this is important to you.
Sam (Xenia): I can just picture Aehtelmyr puffing herself up, kinda like birds do when they are mad.
Æthelmyr: Hmph!
Sam (Xenia): drawing herself up to her full height, or whatever.
Eilir: I guess we’ll just wait until we can find a dragon. Like I said, it’s not like I’m going to tie her down and bleed her. I just want to see what all this thing’s capable of. And having a more powerful weapon certainly wouldn’t hurt our cause.
Æthelmyr: Now what?
[w] Eilir: I have Draconic heritage. would my blood work?
Avaril the Average: If we need it badly enough, we SHOULD force her. Who is she to delay our cause?
Bo-Taar: to the necropolis?
Eilir: Now we rest and head to the necropolis tomorrow?
Campaign saved.
[w] -> Eilir: I’m going to say no. You’d need to be a Dragon type or draconic subtype. Or have the dragon-blooded feat, or whatever it is.
[w] Eilir: I figured. But I thought I’d check. Eilir doesn’t really know about her dragon thing yet anyway. Though the skin is a big hint.
Æthelmyr: We could just go now, right?
Æthelmyr: Get some traveling done at night when the sun’s not trying to kill us.
Eilir: We’ve been at this all day, though. I like books, but my eyes are going all wonky.
Æthelmyr: Alright then, in the morning.
Eilir: We rest!
The Dude: Before you call it a night, Sarshan comes by with a reward for the sponge.
Keah (Eilir): yay!
dublish (Æthelmyr): Peter needs to start drinking Caucasians.
Keah (Eilir): why? are blacks and asians not good enough?
The Dude: He brings you 1500 gold in coin, another 1000 gold in various gems (just call it gp for simplicty’s sake), and a monocle.
Campaign saved.
Æthelmyr: A monocle.
Eilir: What’s the monocle?
Bo-Taar: i call the monocle!
Æthelmyr -> [CAST] Detect Magic
Avaril the Average: All of the gold is mine.
Eilir: No.
Avaril the Average lays on the gold.
Æthelmyr: That’s not true!
Eilir: We split it, just like always.
Avaril the Average: Yes.
Sarshan: I use it in my studying. It is magic, and will help you determine the properties of other magic items. I know there’s more to what you’re doing than crossing the desert just to visit a hermit. I don’t have enought coin to cover the reward, and this should help you on your way.
Keah (Eilir): yay! useful item! i hoped that’s what it was.
David (Bo-Taar): a magical monocle.
ElectricCaveman: Since I’m tired of keeping track of all the magic items you’re all not identifying…
dublish (Æthelmyr): Bo-Taar needs a top hat.
Eilir: So Bo-Taar wants the monocle? Let’s split up the gold and get some sleep.
Keah (Eilir): a bitchin’ tophat?
dublish (Æthelmyr): What magic items we’re not identifying?
ElectricCaveman: the sandles, the quarterstaff, the bracers, the cloak…
Keah (Eilir): the sandals, the weapon crystal, sam’s quarterstaff, etc.
Keah (Eilir): basically everything.
Keah (Eilir): the cloak is magical?
The Dude: yep. you never noticed because you were wearing it.
Keah (Eilir): oh.
Keah (Eilir): yeah, i guess i put it on before checking everything else.
dublish (Æthelmyr): I feel like we spent a long time trying to figure out what the sandals and bracers did, and we failed.
Campaign saved.
Keah (Eilir): yes. but it was fun to try the sandals.
David (Bo-Taar): i guess bo-tar doent _need_ the monocle. just thought he would look dapper
The Dude: So, rest or other stuff?
Keah (Eilir): haha.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Don’t back down, take it!
Keah (Eilir): divide the coins then rest.
ElectricCaveman: abides.
ElectricCaveman: aw.
ElectricCaveman: I wanted it to say The Dude abides.
Keah (Eilir): OR. we could test out the monocle.
David (Bo-Taar): awww
Eilir: Let’s test it out, Bo-Taar!
Bo-Taar: OK
Eilir rummages in her backpack and pulls out the sandals.
Bo-Taar puts on the monocle and looks at the sandals
Sarshan: You need to be able to detect the object’s aura to discern its more detailed qualities.
Eilir: Well… I guess that means one of use magic-users should take it.
Bo-Taar: Probably…
Eilir: I don’t really trust Avaril to identify any of our loot…
Bo-Taar takes the monocle off and looks sad
Æthelmyr: Don’t look at me, that thing would look terrible on me!
Eilir sighs.
Eilir: Let me see it.
Bo-Taar: Perhaps I can wear it when you are not using it to identify magic items?
Eilir: Sure. If you like it that much.
Campaign saved.
Bo-Taar: I do!
Eilir: Alright then. Let’s identify these things we have, and then you can have it back.
Bo-Taar: OK
Eilir: Heh. I guess it’ll be kept pretty safe if you’re wearing it.
Eilir dons the monocle.
Eilir: Do I need to cast Detect Magic or something now, Sarshan?
Sarshan: That is the easiest way, yes.
Eilir: Alright.
Eilir sets out the weapon crystal and the Vargouille ring as well.
Eilir: Anyone else want to add to the pile?
Avaril the Average: Why don’t you trust me?
Avaril the Average: In exacting words…
‘dublish’ reconnected
Eilir: Because all you do is complain or dick around. I highly doubt you’d truthfully tell us what any of the magical items are. You would also probably hoarde them for yourself, evidenced by your usual demand for a reward for anything you do.
Æthelmyr: Because you’re a dick.
Eilir: That too.
Eilir: Toss your bracers on the pile, if you want me to have a look at them. If not, I’m starting.
Xenia tries to hide a smirk.
Eilir -> [CAST] Detect Magic
Eilir: So… do I examine them closely now, one by one?
Æthelmyr notices Xenia’s not-quite-hidden smirk.
Campaign saved.
Sarshan: That’s right. It will take a minute or so to unravel the details of an item.
Eilir: Alright. I think I can keep it going long enough to do all three of these.
Keah (Eilir): unless it only works on one at a time for some reason.
Avaril the Average notices the smirk as well.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Oops, it didn’t send my "tosses bracers on the pile" shit.
Avaril the Average did that.
The Dude: Nope, you can do 1/minute. You identify acrobat’s sandals (boots in the MIC), a least crystal of return, and a translator’s ring for Giant and Dwarven.
Keah (Eilir): and Avaril’s bracers. I can hold it for 4m.
The Dude: They are bracers of armor +1. Surprise!
dublish (Æthelmyr): Whoa!
dublish (Æthelmyr): Good find!
ElectricCaveman: Off a monk, go figure.
Keah (Eilir): yeah, i tihnk we knew that already, but it’s good to check in-game, too.
Campaign saved.
Avaril the Average quickly picks up his bracers.
Æthelmyr: Alright, so everybody knows what they have and everyone’s happy, yes?
Keah (Eilir): peter, will you ID the magic items in my invo for me?
Eilir: Yep.
Æthelmyr: Let’s get some sleep.
Eilir picks up her belongings.
Eilir also returns the monocle to Bo-Taar.
Bo-Taar: Thank you
Eilir sleeps.
Keah (Eilir): Denzil can cast spells now. Until/unless Kalyn says otherwise, I guess he’ll meditate and prepare when Xenia does.
Keah (Eilir): i’m about to eat, so i might be a little slow.
David (Bo-Taar): lets go kill some ghosts!
Sam (Xenia): our soup turned out awesome! I’m very happy.
Keah (Eilir): indeed.
Campaign saved.
Avaril the Average -> Resting.
Eilir -> Resting.
[w] Eilir: i thought the ring let me read/speak orc as well?
ElectricCaveman: I need a way to rest everyone at once.
Keah (Eilir): macros?
[w] -> Eilir: Fixed. I picked the wrong two that were written on it…
Æthelmyr -> Resting.
[w] Eilir: i figured that was probably it, but i wanted to make sure.
Denzil -> Resting.
Xenia -> Resting.
Bo-Taar -> Resting.
DM: You rest yourselves at the oasis.
DM: It is morning again.
Keah (Eilir): I’m going to give the Acrobat Sandals to Denzil, since he can use them and seems to have no other magic items besides his weapon. Is that okay?
Æthelmyr: Necropolis time.
Campaign saved.
Eilir: Let’s go!
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Handle Animal [1d20+2 = 13]
Æthelmyr rides a camel.
Æthelmyr rides a camel all the way to the necropolis.
DM: You head into the desert on your borrowed camels yet again. Someone make a survival check to not get lost.
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Survival [1d20+1 = 3]
Æthelmyr: I’m lost!
Denzil -> [SKILL] Survival [1d20+3 = 20]
Eilir -> [SKILL] Survival [1d20+1 = 2]
Keah (Eilir): Don’t follow me, and I think we’re good.
Campaign saved.
[TOWER] GM -> [1d100 = 94]
[TOWER] GM -> [1d100 = 35]
[TOWER] GM -> [1d100 = 97]
[TOWER] GM -> [1d100 = 42]
DM: Your camels trudge their way through the desert for most of the day. You finally arrive at the exposed stone that should be the remains of the foundation of the city you seek.
‘Matt’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
Æthelmyr: Is this it?
ElectricCaveman: brb
dublish (Æthelmyr): rbr
‘Matt’ disconnected
Campaign saved.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Why did we lose a Matt?
Keah (Eilir): he’ll be back with a string of cusswords and complaints any minute now.
‘Matt’ connected
ElectricCaveman: Matt is reconnecting now.
ElectricCaveman: I am going to finish acquiring foodstuffs.
Æthelmyr: Foodstuffs?
dublish (Æthelmyr): Foodstuffs?
dublish (Æthelmyr): Now I’m hungry.
Keah (Eilir): ’tis dinner time.
Campaign saved.
Keah (Eilir): wb matt
DM: So, you’ve found the city’s old foundation, exposed just like you read it would be.
Eilir: Alright. Time to find the entrance.
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Search [1d20+7 = 14]
Denzil -> [SKILL] Search [1d20+6 = 14]
Bo-Taar -> [SKILL] Search [1d20+1 = 4]
Eilir -> [SKILL] Search [1d20+2 = 11]
Keah (Eilir): haha wow.
David (Bo-Taar): hope we find it
Xenia -> [SKILL] Search [1d20+1 = 18]
Keah (Eilir): woo! go sam!
DM: Xenia find a cleft in the ancient worked stone.
Avaril the Average -> [SKILL] Ride [1d20+2 = 10]
Campaign saved.
Æthelmyr wonders what in the nine hells of the abyss Avaril is trying to do to the cleft.
Æthelmyr: OK, nobody die.
Æthelmyr enters.
Keah (Eilir): I’m guessing it’s dark inside?
DM: It is very dark inside.
Eilir cracks a sunrod.
Keah (Eilir): and now it won’t be. :D
Eilir follows Aethelmyr inside.
DM: When you slip through, you can see what caused the cleft. The ceiling has collapsed onto a narrow stairwell. The way down remains clear.
David (Bo-Taar): how convenient
Eilir: Do you want to scout ahead, Æthelmyr, or stick with us this time?
Æthelmyr: If anybody wants to find ghosts before I do, you’re welcome to go ahead of me.
Campaign saved.
ElectricCaveman: As I told Katheryn earlier, my whole plot runs on contrivences.
Eilir: Don’t get too far ahead, then. We don’t know what all’s down here.
Æthelmyr: Anyone? Anyone?
Æthelmyr: No?
Eilir: You want me to go first?
Æthelmyr: Fine, I’ll do it.
Eilir: I will.
Æthelmyr: Oh, well then, by all means.
Eilir leads the way down.
DM: The stairwell leads downward, deep into the desert floor. After several stories, the very narrow stairwell opens into a medium-sized chamber.
Eilir readies Bilyeklo.
Keah (Eilir): are we getting a map next?
Campaign saved.
Æthelmyr peers around cautiously.
Keah (Eilir): we are getting a map. hold for map.
DM: I thought Eilir was in front
Keah (Eilir): I am.
Keah (Eilir): i’m not touching anything, so someone moved me.
DM: I did. That is where you are coming in.
DM: I don’t know what the marching order is. You’re going in?
Keah (Eilir): That’s what I thought. And then I saw tokens moving around.
Campaign saved.
Keah (Eilir): I was gonna take a peek inside before actually going in. Or let Æthelmyr go in first to check for traps and things.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Avaril stormed ahead of Eilir and Æthelmyr, while Denzil Xenia and Bo-Taar walked through walls.
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Search [1d20+7 = 11]
Æthelmyr: I search for traps!
DM: So, you pass her and go in the room?
DM: Or are you still in the stairs?
Æthelmyr: OK, I pas her and go into the room.
Æthelmyr: And then search for everything.
[GM] Xenia -> [SKILL] Spot [1d20+4 = 8]
[GM] Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Spot [1d20+9 = 25]
[GM] Eilir -> [SKILL] Spot [1d20+1 = 8]
[GM] Bo-Taar -> [SKILL] Spot [1d20+2 = 15]
[GM] Denzil -> [SKILL] Spot [1d20+9 = 13]
[GM] Avaril the Average -> [SKILL] Spot [1d20+7 = 20]
dublish (Æthelmyr): That did not look friendly.
DM: You do not find any traps there, but you do notice the ceiling is covered in bats.
Æthelmyr (whispering): Maybe we should have waited for dark?
Campaign saved.
Eilir: They’re just bats, right?
Bo-Taar: They are harmless
Æthelmyr: Maybe they’re undead bats.
Bo-Taar: Unlikely
Eilir walks into the middle of the room.
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Search [1d20+7 = 21]
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Search [1d20+7 = 11]
Keah (Eilir): anything interesting in the room aside from bats?
Æthelmyr searches the other two doors.
Xenia walks into the room.
DM: You don’t find anything on either of the doors.
Æthelmyr: Doors are clear.
Eilir: Well, which one should we take first?
Æthelmyr: [1d6 = 5]
Æthelmyr: Left.
Eilir: Alright. Left it is.
Eilir tries the door.
DM: The door is stuck.
Campaign saved.
Eilir: It’s stuck. Bo-Taar, you wanna take care of this?
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Open Lock [1d20+5 = 25]
Keah (Eilir): stuck =/= locked
Matt (Avaril the Average): Why’s the floor all… Sticky…?
DM: You fidgit with the lock for a bit, only to realize that it was not latched in the first place.
Eilir stands back to give Bo-Taar some room.
David (Bo-Taar): what do i roll to break open the door?
DM: You can roll Strength to force it open, or make a weapon damage roll to break it.
Bo-Taar -> [DAMAGE (M)] Adamantine Goliath Greathammer (Large) [MULT:1.5] [TYPE: bludgeoning(x4)] [3d6+10 = 14]
Keah (Eilir): that was… not a very good roll, actually.
David (Bo-Taar): yeah… not so much
Keah (Eilir): I wonder how much HP a door has.
DM: For future reference, you should probably power attack in situations like that.
Keah (Eilir): and you have to overcome its hardness, too?
Keah (Eilir): i forget how breaking things works.
DM: Adamantine weapons ignore hardness.
David (Bo-Taar): oh ok
Keah (Eilir): oh! power attack. good idea. you can’t really miss a door.
Keah (Eilir): oh yeah.
David (Bo-Taar): just adds 4 i guess
Keah (Eilir): two-handed weapon doubles PA, right?
Campaign saved.
DM: With a mighty crash, Bo-Taar strikes the door with his hammer. It cracks from top to bottom, but holds together by a few stubborn slivers of old wood. The sound of impact echos for a moment in the quiet chamber, before the sound of hundreds of perturbed bats fills the air.
David (Bo-Taar): oh just kidding 4×2=8
Keah (Eilir): or 1.5?
Eilir: Oh dear…
Avaril the Average jumps into the corner.
Eilir: Kick it down, let’s go!
DM: roll init
David (Bo-Taar): can i just hit it again?
Æthelmyr -> [INIT] [1d20+4 = 24]
Eilir -> [INIT] [1d20+2 = 3]
Denzil -> [INIT] [1d20+4 = 7]
Xenia -> [INIT] [1d20+1 = 8]
Keah (Denzil): wow… totally not too worried about the bats, i guess.
Bo-Taar -> [INIT] [1d20+2 = 3]
DM: also, I’m going to change the map so I have more space.
Keah (Denzil): haha
Sam (Xenia): david and I will brb
Matt (Avaril the Average): … Uh….
Avaril the Average -> [INIT] [1d20+2 = 18]
Matt (Avaril the Average): I miss Sam and David…
Matt (Avaril the Average): :’ (
Keah (Eilir): they’ll "brb". if you know what i mean.
Matt (Avaril the Average): ELBOWNUDGEMARRIAGE
Keah (Eilir): it’s probably the cats or someone at the door.
Keah (Eilir): or something caught fire.
ElectricCaveman: mawwage.
Campaign saved.
Keah (Eilir): oh good. we’re working with swarms, not individual bats.
[ROUND 1]
[TURN] Æthelmyr
dublish (Æthelmyr): I can never remember anything useful about swarms.
David (Bo-Taar): mmm rum and coke
Keah (Eilir): MM237
Keah (Eilir): for those who want to know swarm rules.
Keah (Eilir): i assume that’s okay, since it’s a rules thing.
ElectricCaveman: Eh, some of it’s logical, some of it’s pretty specific.
Matt (Avaril the Average): I WISH I HAD A RUM AND COKE!
Matt (Avaril the Average): GOD DAMNIT!
DM: Anyway, there’s a couple swarms of bats coming at you. You should do something.
Matt (Avaril the Average): :’ (
Matt (Avaril the Average): Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam!
DM: I have rum. You can bring the coke.
Matt (Avaril the Average): colorsprayallthebats
Æthelmyr: I wave my rapier around at them and see if anything happens.
Keah (Eilir): i have vodka. and probably rum.
Æthelmyr -> [ATTACK (M)] Mwk Rapier [CRIT 18] [1d20+5 = 24]
Attack [24] -> [at Swarm, Bat 9] [CRITICAL THREAT]
Æthelmyr -> [ATTACK (M)] Mwk Rapier [CRIT 18] [CONFIRM] [1d20+5 = 15]
Attack [15] -> [at Swarm, Bat 9] [CRIT NOT CONFIRMED]
Matt (Avaril the Average): I don’t know where my bourbon went. It’s gone…
Sam (Xenia): are you still drinking on your Fijian rum?
Campaign saved.
Matt (Avaril the Average): That stuff was so fucking good.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Does that count as a hit?
ElectricCaveman: Only rarely. I don’t drink often.
Æthelmyr -> [DAMAGE (M)] Mwk Rapier [TYPE: piercing] [1d6+2 = 4]
Damage [4] -> [to Swarm, Bat 9]
DM: They only take half that damage.
Æthelmyr -> [ATTACK (M)] Claws (secondary) [1d20-1 = 5]
Attack [5] -> [at Swarm, Bat 9] [MISS]
Æthelmyr -> [ATTACK (M)] Tail slap [1d20-1 = 6]
Attack [6] -> [at Swarm, Bat 9] [MISS]
[TURN] Avaril the Average
Avaril the Average: I kill all the bats.
Avaril the Average: [1d20 = 4]
Matt (Avaril the Average): Awww. Okay then.
Avaril the Average -> [ATTACK (M)] Quarterstaff [1d20+3 = 16]
Attack [16] -> [at Swarm, Bat 15] [HIT]
Avaril the Average -> [DAMAGE (M)] Quarterstaff [MULT:1.5] [TYPE: bludgeoning] [1d6+1 = 2]
Damage [2] -> [to Swarm, Bat 15]
[TURN] Swarm, Bat 9
DM: Aethelmyr gets an aoo
Æthelmyr -> [ATTACK (M)] Mwk Rapier [CRIT 18] [1d20+5 = 17]
Attack [17] -> [at Swarm, Bat 9] [HIT]
Campaign saved.
Æthelmyr -> [DAMAGE (M)] Mwk Rapier [HALF] [TYPE: piercing] [1d6+2 = 8]
Damage [4] -> [to Swarm, Bat 9] [HALF] [MODERATE DAMAGE]
ElectricCaveman: hey, it worked!
dublish (Æthelmyr): Oh, they resist piercing and slashing.
ElectricCaveman: huzzah!
[TURN] Avaril the Average
[TURN] Swarm, Bat 9
ElectricCaveman: sorry, wrong button
dublish (Æthelmyr): I opened the modifiers tab and selected half damage.
DM: [DAMAGE (M)] Swarm [TYPE: piercing,slashing,bludgeoning] [1d6 = 6]
Damage [6] -> [to Bo-Taar]
DM: [DAMAGE (M)] Swarm [TYPE: piercing,slashing,bludgeoning] [1d6 = 2]
Damage [2] -> [to Æthelmyr]
David (Bo-Taar): stupid bats i will destroy you
DM: Bo-taar and Aethelmyr need to make FORT saves
Bo-Taar -> [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+8 = 13]
Æthelmyr -> [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+5 = 13]
DM: You both manage to avoid the nausiating disorientation of the hundreds of bats swirling around you.
[TURN] Xenia
Sam (Xenia): hmmm.
Campaign saved.
Sam (Xenia): I cast sonic burst at the bats. Its a 10 foot circle, so I do it right over them.
Xenia -> [CAST] Sound Burst [at Swarm, Bat 15]
Swarm, Bat 15 -> [SAVE] Fortitude [VS DC 14] [SUCCESS] [1d20+3 = 22]
Keah (Eilir): dang.
Sam (Xenia): they still take damage though.
User ‘Keah’ has gone AFK.
Xenia -> [DAMAGE] Sound Burst [TYPE: sonic,spell] [1d8 = 4]
Damage [4] -> [to Swarm, Bat 15] [MODERATE DAMAGE]
[TURN] Denzil
DM: The area spell deals extra damage to the swarm.
DM: It has taken heavy damage
Sam (Xenia): sweet
Denzil -> [ATTACK (M)] Mwk Elvencraft Longbow [1d20+6 = 14]
Attack [14] -> [at Swarm, Bat 15] [MISS]
DM: Denzil swats at the bats with his stout bow, but they avoid his blow.
[TURN] Bo-Taar
Campaign saved.
Bo-Taar -> [ATTACK (M)] Adamantine Goliath Greathammer (Large) [1d20+12 = 28]
Attack [28] -> [at Swarm, Bat 9] [HIT]
Bo-Taar -> [DAMAGE (M)] Adamantine Goliath Greathammer (Large) [MULT:1.5] [TYPE: bludgeoning(x4)] [3d6+10 = 18]
Damage [18] -> [to Swarm, Bat 9] [DEAD]
Bo-Taar: sorry dunno how to half
DM: It does it automatically now, if applicable.
David (Bo-Taar): oh ok
Keah (Eilir): Bo-Taar does not make HALF measures!
[TURN] Eilir
Sam (Xenia): he hit all the bats with one hammer?
Eilir -> [ATTACK (M)] Magic Heavy Dragonfang Sickle [1d20+9 = 20]
Attack [20] -> [at Swarm, Bat 15] [HIT]
Eilir -> [DAMAGE (M)] Magic Heavy Dragonfang Sickle [TYPE: slashing,magic] [1d8+4 = 6]
Damage [6] -> [to Swarm, Bat 15] [DYING]
Sam (Xenia): color me impressed.
David (Bo-Taar): its a big hammer
Keah (Eilir): Horizontal swing, not vertical, would do it.
[TURN] Swarm, Bat 15
DM: You swing your hammer through the mob of bats, breaking wings and spines. Those bats unfortunate enough to get caugh beneath your hammer when it hits the ground are smashed to gory pulp. The rest of the bats in that group disperse after Bo-taar’s blow.
DM: Also, the slashing damage is halved. It didn’t be automatic because of the magic, but it still is halved.
Eilir: +1 cold
ElectricCaveman: That still leaves it with 1 hp…
Sam (Xenia): speaking of swarms, there was a huuuuge flock of seagulls just sitting in a parking lot during our walk today. creeeeepy.
Keah (Eilir): seagulls are evil
Matt (Avaril the Average): They’re waiting for you to go to sleep.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Don’t close your eyes guys….
DM: [DAMAGE (M)] Swarm [TYPE: piercing,slashing,bludgeoning] [1d6 = 3]
Damage [3] -> [to Eilir]
DM: FORT save, Eilir
Eilir -> [SAVE] Fortitude [1d20+7 = 22]
DM: You’re okay
[ROUND 2]
[TURN] Æthelmyr
DM: Oh, wait. AoOs when it moved.
Keah (Eilir): I missed Denzil’s turn, evidently.
DM: So, everyone who was by the swarm got one of those.
Eilir -> [ATTACK (M)] Magic Heavy Dragonfang Sickle [1d20+9 = 16]
Attack [16] -> [at Swarm, Bat 15] [HIT]
Eilir -> [DAMAGE (M)] Magic Heavy Dragonfang Sickle [TYPE: slashing,magic] [1d8+4 = 7]
Damage [7] -> [to Swarm, Bat 15] [DYING]
Eilir: +1
Avaril the Average -> [ATTACK (M)] Quarterstaff [1d20+3 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Swarm, Bat 15] [HIT]
Avaril the Average -> [DAMAGE (M)] Quarterstaff [MULT:1.5] [TYPE: bludgeoning] [1d6+1 = 5]
Damage [5] -> [to Swarm, Bat 15] [DEAD]
Heal [3] -> [to Eilir]
Campaign saved.
DM: The rest of the bats disperse.
Eilir: See? No problem. Just regular old bats.
Avaril the Average: DEAD BATS! DEAD THEM!
Avaril the Average stomps the bats on the floor.
Eilir: Now let’s see about that door.
Eilir: You wanna take another whack at it?
ElectricCaveman: They’re making a new GI Joe movie?
Keah (Eilir): are they?
Keah (Eilir): that does not surprise me.
ElectricCaveman: Yep. Trailer.
ElectricCaveman: I didn’t think the first one was great. And it’s been a while.
Bo-Taar: yes, but i dunno how to add power attack before hand
Matt (Avaril the Average): Shame. Hopefully every single person involved gets cancer and dies while their families have to look on powerless to help.
Keah (Eilir): see the little modifier box thing by your dice?
Æthelmyr: The new one has Bruce Willis and The Rock.
dublish (Æthelmyr): I think.
David (Bo-Taar): ahhh
David (Bo-Taar): i attack the door
Keah (Eilir): use that to put a negative on your attack roll, then use it again to put a positive mod on your PA roll.
Keah (Eilir): i usually make an action for a full power attack so i have it handy on my charsheet.
DM: You finish breaking the door.
David (Bo-Taar): thanks lol
Campaign saved.
Eilir: Nice work. Shall we?
Æthelmyr: We shall.
DM: The hall beyond the broken door proceeds straight onward for a short distance, where it opens into another small chamber.
Eilir takes a peek into the room then motions for Æthelmyr to come check this one out, too.
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Search [1d20+7 = 15]
Campaign saved.
DM: This room doesn’t seem to have anything hidden.
Keah (Eilir): any interesting features?
DM: It is almost completely barren.
Keah (Eilir): Doors?
Avaril the Average: Why are we here?
Avaril the Average: To see that someone else has completely cleaned this place out before us?
Eilir: We’re looking for Isadora’s cohorts.
DM: As you continue to explore, you find proof that the place has been thoroughly plundered. You find nothing of value, and pass no small number of broken locks, treasure chests, other containers, and even old traps.
Avaril the Average: Clearly they’re in this room.
DM: You make your way through many halls and rooms, backtracking from time to time at a cave-in or planned dead end.
DM: Any checks to make while you’re exploring?
Eilir: Hm…
Avaril the Average -> [SKILL] Jump [1d20+1 = 10]
Avaril the Average -> [SKILL] Forgery [1d20+2 = 22]
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Knowledge (architecture/engineering) [MOD:INT] [1d20+8 = 22]
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Knowledge (history) [MOD:INT] [1d20+8 = 26]
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Knowledge (dungeoneering) [MOD:INT] [1d20+8 = 15]
DM: What are you trying to discover?
Eilir -> [ABILITY] Intelligence check [1d20+2 = 11]
Campaign saved.
Keah (Eilir): Religion
dublish (Æthelmyr): I’m just making checks.
DM: Are we playing D&D, or rolling dice?
dublish (Æthelmyr): Anything particularly interesting about the architecture?
Keah (Eilir): i made a legit check.
DM: You can’t make knowledge checks untrained beyond a 10.
Keah (Eilir): my knowledge goes to 11.
Keah (Eilir): notreally
DM: The architecture is very simple. Time has worn away any details.
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Knowledge (religion) [MOD:INT] [1d20+8 = 28]
DM: The walls, floor, and ceiling are carefully worked masonry. Otherwise, there is nothign to note about the architecture.
DM: You don’t see anything to judge the people’s religion.
Keah (Eilir): alright.
dublish (Æthelmyr): I never judge people’s religion. :)
Eilir: So… this place looks completely abandonned. Now what? Head back and try that other door?
Æthelmyr: Yeah, not many other options.
DM: As you are wandering around studying the joints in the stone walls, you step on a spring-loaded trap door that hasn’t been broken or worn out. Whoever was leading the group, make a REF save.
Eilir -> [SAVE] Reflex [1d20+4 = 9]
Eilir is speaking :
Well shit.
Translated Elven: Well shit.
Matt (Avaril the Average): smoothmoveexlax
DM: +10 [1d20+10 = 22]
Campaign saved.
DM: Eilir falls into the hole that suddenly appeared in the floor. She lands some 20’ lower on a bed of spikes.
DM: falling damage [2d6 = 2]
Sam (Xenia): oh dear.
Damage [2] -> [to Eilir]
Sam (Xenia): well, that was best case scenario.
DM: [1d4 = 1]
DM: spike damage [1d4 = 3]
Damage [3] -> [to Eilir]
Eilir: Ouch. There’re spikes down here!
Æthelmyr: Thanks for finding them. Want me to go first?
Æthelmyr: Anybody got a rope?
Æthelmyr: Besides me, I mean.
Keah (Eilir): Is there anything else down here, or is it just your standard spikey pit trap?
Æthelmyr gets her rope out.
DM: It’s just a spiky pit.
Eilir: I have my grappling hook, remember? I’m fine.
Eilir -> [SKILL] Use Rope [1d20+4 = 6]
Æthelmyr stows her rope.
Eilir: Maybe.
Eilir -> [SKILL] Use Rope [1d20+4 = 17]
Eilir: There we go.
Avaril the Average pokes at the hook with his toe.
DM: Make a climb check to get out of the pit.
Eilir -> [SKILL] Climb [1d20+5 = 25]
Keah (Eilir): I’m out.
DM: You scale the wall of the pit without any trouble.
Eilir gathers up her rope and grappling hook and stows them back in her bag.
Eilir: Well that was fun. Let’s keep going.
Campaign saved.
Æthelmyr leads the way, searching for traps.
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Search [1d20+7 = 21]
DM: You continue to wander through the catacombs. You find nothing more interesting than broken locks and jammed doors, augmented by the occasional rat or broken remnants of old skeletons.
Æthelmyr: Blegh.
Eilir: Let’s go try the other door!
Keah (Eilir): oh. maybe not.
Campaign saved.
DM: As you continue your wandering, you suddenly find yourselves in a room where the dead bodies are not so deteriorated. Also, somewhat less dead.
Sam (Xenia): aughhh!
Æthelmyr: Oh dear.
Eilir: Well, this is certainly more interesting.
David (Bo-Taar): time to smash some zombies
Avaril the Average: Interesting indeed.
Keah (Eilir): Time to make gravedust?
Matt (Avaril the Average): lichloved
dublish (Æthelmyr): Oh god.
Xenia: Bleeeegh
dublish (Æthelmyr): Lulz.
DM: roll init while I finish getting set up?
Æthelmyr -> [INIT] [1d20+4 = 21]
Eilir -> [INIT] [1d20+2 = 15]
Denzil -> [INIT] [1d20+4 = 12]
Bo-Taar -> [INIT] (+8) [1d20+10 = 12]
Xenia -> [INIT] [1d20+1 = 8]
Bo-Taar: wrong….
dublish (Æthelmyr): Uh, Bo-Taar?
Bo-Taar -> [INIT] [1d20+2 = 12]
Keah (Eilir): haha
Keah (Eilir): Bo-Taar is READY!
David (Bo-Taar): or the first one minus 8 i guess
Keah (Eilir): lol
David (Bo-Taar): i had that +8 to my modifier for power attack and never undid it
David (Bo-Taar): its ok i never roll good inits
Campaign saved.
DM: Entering from bottom left, set your positions
dublish (Æthelmyr): Because Bo-Taar is ANGRY AND WANTS TO GO FIRST.
Keah (Eilir): I’ll just get Sam out of the middle of the room here…
Avaril the Average -> [INIT] [1d20+2 = 11]
Keah (Eilir): I was gonna have Denzil as the rearguard, but okay.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Did we win yet?
Campaign saved.
Keah (Eilir): no
Keah (Eilir): decidedly not
dublish (Æthelmyr): That is many zombies.
Keah (Eilir): hey sam. sam you ready for this?
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Knowledge (religion) [MOD:INT] [1d20+8 = 11]
dublish (Æthelmyr): Shit.
Sam (Xenia): holy mackeral
David (Bo-Taar): wow
Keah (Eilir): We can take ’em.
DM: The undead begin to rise from their places along the walls to attack.
[ROUND 1]
[TURN] Æthelmyr
Æthelmyr -> [CAST] Whelming Blast
Æthelmyr -> [CAST] Whelming Blast [at Zombie, Human 19]
Æthelmyr -> [CAST] Whelming Blast [at Zombie, Human 29]
Æthelmyr -> [CAST] Whelming Blast [at Zombie, Human 27]
Æthelmyr -> [CAST] Whelming Blast [at Zombie, Human 19]
Æthelmyr -> [CAST] Whelming Blast [at Zombie, Human 29]
Æthelmyr -> [CAST] Whelming Blast [at Zombie, Human 27]
Æthelmyr -> [CAST] Whelming Blast [at Zombie, Human 19]
Æthelmyr -> [CAST] Whelming Blast [at Zombie, Human 29]
Æthelmyr -> [CAST] Whelming Blast [at Zombie, Human 27]
Zombie, Human 29 -> [SAVE] Will [VS DC 17] [RM] [SUCCESS] [1d20+3 = 20]
Zombie, Human 19 -> [SAVE] Will [VS DC 17] [RM] [FAILURE] [1d20+3 = 6]
Zombie, Human 27 -> [SAVE] Will [VS DC 17] [RM] [FAILURE] [1d20+3 = 13]
Zombie, Human 29 -> [SAVE] Will [VS DC 17] [RM] [FAILURE] [1d20+3 = 4]
Zombie, Human 27 -> [SAVE] Will [VS DC 17] [RM] [FAILURE] [1d20+3 = 16]
Zombie, Human 29 -> [SAVE] Will [VS DC 17] [RM] [FAILURE] [1d20+3 = 9]
Zombie, Human 27 -> [SAVE] Will [VS DC 17] [RM] [FAILURE] [1d20+3 = 13]
Zombie, Human 19 -> [SAVE] Will [VS DC 17] [RM] [FAILURE] [1d20+3 = 12]
Zombie, Human 19 -> [SAVE] Will [VS DC 17] [RM] [FAILURE] [1d20+3 = 14]
Campaign saved.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Oh holy crap.
dublish (Æthelmyr): OK, Just the first group of three then.
DM: Is not whelming blast mind-affecting?
dublish (Æthelmyr): It might be, the school is blank.
Keah (Eilir): kyle is bad at spells and monster types
DM: I know whelm is. And they are immune to mind-affecting effects.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Yeah, whelming blast is.
[TURN] Zombie, Human 27
[TURN] Zombie, Human 29
[TURN] Skeleton, Human 15
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Claw [1d20+1 = 19]
Attack [19] -> [at Bo-Taar] [HIT]
DM: [DAMAGE (M)] Claw [MULT:1.5] [TYPE: piercing,slashing] [1d4+1 = 5]
Damage [5] -> [to Bo-Taar]
[TURN] Skeleton, Human 16
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Claw [1d20+1 = 5]
Attack [5] -> [at Bo-Taar] [MISS]
[TURN] Eilir
DM: The undead begin to assail Bo-taar and Aethelmyr
Campaign saved.
Eilir -> [CAST] Disrupt Undead
Eilir -> [ATTACK (R)] Disrupt Undead [TOUCH] [1d20+7 = 25]
Keah (Eilir): woops. forgot to target.
DM: It hits.
Eilir -> [DAMAGE] Disrupt Undead [TYPE: spell] [1d6 = 5]
Keah (Eilir): yay! dangit! stupid targetting…
Damage [5] -> [to Zombie, Human 29]
[TURN] Skeleton, Human 3
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Claw (+2) [1d20+3 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Bo-Taar] [AUTOMATIC HIT]
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Claw (+2) [CONFIRM] [1d20+3 = 13]
Attack [13] -> [at Bo-Taar] [CRIT NOT CONFIRMED]
DM: [DAMAGE (M)] Claw [MULT:1.5] [TYPE: piercing,slashing] [1d4+1 = 2]
Damage [2] -> [to Bo-Taar]
[TURN] Denzil
Keah (Eilir): oh! that’s me. sorry.
Denzil -> [ATTACK (R)] +1 Elvencraft Composite Longbow [1d20+9 = 28]
Attack [28] -> [at Zombie, Human 18] [HIT]
Denzil -> [DAMAGE (R)] +1 Elvencraft Composite Longbow [TYPE: piercing(x3)] [1d8+2 = 9]
Damage [4] -> [to Zombie, Human 18] [PARTIALLY RESISTED]
[TURN] Bo-Taar
dublish (Æthelmyr): Can zombies bite, and what kind of damage would that do?
Matt (Avaril the Average): YOU BECOME ONE!
Effect [‘STR: 4; CON: 4; SAVE: 2 WILL; AC: -2’] [D:9] -> [to Bo-Taar]
David (Bo-Taar): RAAAAAAGE
DM: Zombies mainly slam to attack, and your knowledge roll wasn’t high enough to know the rest.
Bo-Taar -> [ATTACK (M)] Adamantine Goliath Greathammer (Large) [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+14 = 26]
Attack [26] -> [at Skeleton, Human 15] [HIT]
Campaign saved.
Bo-Taar -> [DAMAGE (M)] Adamantine Goliath Greathammer (Large) [MULT:1.5] [EFFECTS +3] [TYPE: bludgeoning(x4)] [3d6+13 = 25]
Damage [25] -> [to Skeleton, Human 15] [DEAD]
[TURN] Avaril the Average
Bo-Taar: Thats one! only 9 to go!
Keah (Eilir): You need cleave.
David (Bo-Taar): yeah now would be a good time
Avaril the Average -> [ATTACK (M)] Quarterstaff [1d20+3 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Skeleton, Human 3] [HIT]
Avaril the Average -> [DAMAGE (M)] Quarterstaff [MULT:1.5] [TYPE: bludgeoning] [1d6+1 = 3]
Damage [3] -> [to Skeleton, Human 3] [MODERATE DAMAGE]
[TURN] Skeleton, Human 9
Keah (Eilir): i’m considering taking it eventually.
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Claw [1d20+1 = 14]
Attack [14] -> [at Bo-Taar] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [MISS]
[TURN] Zombie, Human 18
[TURN] Xenia
Sam (Xenia): I swing with the quarterstaff.
Xenia -> [ATTACK (R)] Crossbow(2H) [CRIT 19] [1d20+4 = 13]
Attack [13] -> [at Skeleton, Human 3] [MISS]
[TURN] Skeleton, Human 18
David (Bo-Taar): drats
Keah (Eilir): +2 for flanking?
dublish (Æthelmyr): Or a crossbow?
Keah (Eilir): oh yeah. that too.
Keah (Eilir): sam!
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Claw [1d20+1 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Æthelmyr] [AUTOMATIC HIT]
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Claw [CONFIRM] [1d20+1 = 6]
Attack [6] -> [at Æthelmyr] [CRIT NOT CONFIRMED]
Xenia: dangit I grabbed the wron gthing again!
Keah (Eilir): you are flanking with bo-taar
Sam (Xenia): I do that all the time
DM: [DAMAGE (M)] Claw [MULT:1.5] [TYPE: piercing,slashing] [1d4+1 = 5]
Damage [5] -> [to Æthelmyr]
Sam (Xenia): and that was supposed to not be in character.
Campaign saved.
DM: What did you intend to do?
dublish (Æthelmyr): You sure? I think it fits…
Sam (Xenia): hit it with the quarterstaff
DM: Oh, crossbow, I see. I read that as quarterstaff anyway…
[TURN] Skeleton, Human 13
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Claw [1d20+1 = 16]
Attack [16] -> [at Bo-Taar] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [MISS]
[TURN] Zombie, Human 19
Sam (Xenia): le sigh. One day, I will learn to read/click on what I intend to click upon.
[ROUND 2]
[TURN] Æthelmyr
Æthelmyr -> [ATTACK (M)] Mwk Rapier [CRIT 18] [1d20+5 = 14]
Attack [14] -> [at Zombie, Human 19] [HIT]
Æthelmyr -> [DAMAGE (M)] Mwk Rapier [TYPE: piercing] [1d6+2 = 6]
Damage [1] -> [to Zombie, Human 19] [PARTIALLY RESISTED]
Æthelmyr -> [ATTACK (M)] Claws (secondary) [1d20-1 = 5]
Attack [5] -> [at Zombie, Human 19] [MISS]
Æthelmyr -> [ATTACK (M)] Tail slap [1d20-1 = 15]
Attack [15] -> [at Zombie, Human 19] [HIT]
Æthelmyr -> [DAMAGE (M)] Tail slap [MULT:0.5] [TYPE: bludgeoning] [1d6+1 = 7]
Damage [2] -> [to Zombie, Human 19] [PARTIALLY RESISTED]
[TURN] Zombie, Human 27
DM: Aethelmyr tears into the zombie, but the piercing and pounding is of minimal effect to its dead flesh.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Yep, dropping my rapier next turn and going bare-clawed.
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Slam [1d20+2 = 20]
Attack [20] -> [at Æthelmyr] [HIT]
DM: [DAMAGE (M)] Slam [MULT:1.5] [TYPE: bludgeoning] [1d6+1 = 3]
Damage [3] -> [to Æthelmyr]
Keah (Eilir): if you don’t want to move, you can just sheathe it.
[TURN] Zombie, Human 29
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Slam [1d20+2 = 9]
Attack [9] -> [at Æthelmyr] [MISS]
[TURN] Skeleton, Human 16
DM: [ATTACK #2 (M)] Claws [1d20+1 = 6]
Attack [6] -> [at Bo-Taar] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [MISS]
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Claws [1d20+1 = 4]
Attack [4] -> [at Bo-Taar] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [MISS]
Campaign saved.
DM: One of the zombies slams Aethelmyr hard, but the other two undead miss their marks.
[TURN] Eilir
Eilir -> [SKILL] Tumble [1d20+2 = 17]
Keah (Eilir): Can’t remember if they can make AoOs or not.
Keah (Eilir): but i should be good anyway.
DM: yep
Eilir -> [ATTACK (M)] Magic Heavy Dragonfang Sickle (+2) [1d20+11 = 17]
Attack [17] -> [at Zombie, Human 19] [HIT]
Eilir -> [DAMAGE (M)] Magic Heavy Dragonfang Sickle [TYPE: slashing,magic] [1d8+4 = 9]
Damage [9] -> [to Zombie, Human 19] [HEAVY DAMAGE]
Eilir: +1 cold
[TURN] Skeleton, Human 3
DM: [ATTACK #2 (M)] Claws (+2) [1d20+3 = 18]
Attack [18] -> [at Bo-Taar] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [HIT]
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Claws (+2) [1d20+3 = 16]
Attack [16] -> [at Bo-Taar] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [MISS]
DM: [DAMAGE (M)] Claws [MULT:1.5] [TYPE: piercing,slashing] [1d4+1 = 3]
Damage [3] -> [to Bo-Taar]
[TURN] Denzil
DM: The skeleton gouges Bo-Taar with his sharp finger bones.
Denzil -> [ATTACK (M)] Mwk Elvencraft Longbow [1d20+6 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Zombie, Human 19] [HIT]
Denzil -> [DAMAGE (M)] Mwk Elvencraft Longbow [MULT:1.5] [TYPE: bludgeoning] [1d6+1 = 5]
Damage [0] -> [to Zombie, Human 19] [RESISTED]
Keah (Eilir): oh right. i was thinking swordbow, not elvencraft. oh well.
[TURN] Bo-Taar
Matt (Avaril the Average): I don’t remember if undead get attacks of opportunity…
Bo-Taar -> [ATTACK (M)] Adamantine Goliath Greathammer (Large) [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+14 = 34]
Attack [34] -> [at Skeleton, Human 13] [AUTOMATIC HIT]
Bo-Taar -> [ATTACK (M)] Adamantine Goliath Greathammer (Large) [EFFECTS +2] [CONFIRM] [1d20+14 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at Skeleton, Human 13] [CRITICAL HIT]
Keah (Eilir): aw… too bad.
DM: No crit, but it’s probably dead anyway.
Bo-Taar -> [DAMAGE (M)] Adamantine Goliath Greathammer (Large) [MULT:1.5] [CRITICAL] [EFFECTS +12] [TYPE: bludgeoning(x4)] [3d6+9g6+52 = 94]
Damage [94] -> [to Skeleton, Human 13] [DEAD]
dublish (Æthelmyr): Lulz.
David (Bo-Taar): whaaaa?
Campaign saved.
dublish (Æthelmyr): 9d6+52.
[TURN] Avaril the Average
dublish (Æthelmyr): Why? I don’t know.
ElectricCaveman: 3d6+13 x4.
David (Bo-Taar): i dunno what just happened…. but i like it
David (Bo-Taar): i like it a lot
Keah (Eilir): that was a critical hit. but undead creatures are immune to those.
Keah (Eilir): anything without actual vitals, right?
ElectricCaveman: Right. But it’s dead anyway.
DM: Bo-Taar swings his hammer down, square on top of the crown of the skeleton’s skull. The hammer smashes clean through the skeleton, and the remaining bits fall to the floor harmlessly.
Eilir: Keep it up, Bo-Taar!
Avaril the Average -> [ATTACK (M)] Quarterstaff [1d20+3 = 20]
Attack [20] -> [at Skeleton, Human 3] [HIT]
Avaril the Average -> [DAMAGE (M)] Quarterstaff [MULT:1.5] [TYPE: bludgeoning] [1d6+1 = 3]
Damage [3] -> [to Skeleton, Human 3] [DISABLED]
Matt (Avaril the Average): MOFUCKA
[w] Eilir: do you know why Denzil’s favoured enemy is elves? was it to combat Drow or what?
[w] -> Eilir: yes, drow
[w] Eilir: alright. i rememberd to check it just now, and i couldn’t figure it out at first. my first thought was Xenia. XD;;
Keah (Eilir): matt! you done?
[TURN] Skeleton, Human 9
User ‘Keah’ has gone AFK.
Matt (Avaril the Average): I hit the fucking button.
DM: [ATTACK #2 (M)] Claws [1d20+1 = 2]
Attack [2] -> [at Bo-Taar] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [AUTOMATIC MISS]
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Claws [1d20+1 = 18]
Attack [18] -> [at Bo-Taar] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [HIT]
DM: [DAMAGE (M)] Claws [MULT:1.5] [TYPE: piercing,slashing] [1d4+1 = 3]
Damage [3] -> [to Bo-Taar] [MODERATE DAMAGE]
[TURN] Zombie, Human 18
Campaign saved.
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Slam [1d20+2 = 8]
Attack [8] -> [at Æthelmyr] [MISS]
[TURN] Xenia
Sam (Xenia): okay…I carefully and with deliberate concentration, hit the skeleton with my quarterstaff.
Xenia -> [ATTACK (M)] Magic Quarterstaff [1d20+6 = 12]
Attack [12] -> [at Skeleton, Human 9] [MISS]
DM: The skeleton gets an AoO when you move past it.
DM: oh, wait, disabled, never mind
Sam (Xenia): ok, good. I got confused there
[TURN] Skeleton, Human 18
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Claw [1d20+1 = 15]
Attack [15] -> [at Bo-Taar] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [MISS]
[TURN] Zombie, Human 19
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Slam [1d20+2 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at Æthelmyr] [AUTOMATIC HIT]
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Slam [CONFIRM] [1d20+2 = 4]
Attack [4] -> [at Æthelmyr] [CRIT NOT CONFIRMED]
DM: [DAMAGE (M)] Slam [MULT:1.5] [TYPE: bludgeoning] [1d6+1 = 4]
Damage [4] -> [to Æthelmyr] [MODERATE DAMAGE]
[ROUND 3]
[TURN] Æthelmyr
Æthelmyr -> [ATTACK (M)] Claws (primary) [FULL] (Flanking +2) [1d20+6 = 16]
Attack [16] -> [at Zombie, Human 19] [HIT]
Æthelmyr -> [ATTACK #2 (M)] Claws (primary) [FULL] (Flanking +2) [1d20+6 = 12]
Attack [12] -> [at Zombie, Human 19] [HIT]
Æthelmyr -> [DAMAGE (M)] Claws (primary) [TYPE: piercing,slashing] [1d3+2 = 3]
Damage [3] -> [to Zombie, Human 19] [DISABLED]
Æthelmyr -> [DAMAGE (M)] Claws (primary) [TYPE: piercing,slashing] [1d3+2 = 5]
Damage [5] -> [to Zombie, Human 19]
Æthelmyr -> [ATTACK (M)] Tail slap [1d20-1 = 12]
Attack [12] -> [at Zombie, Human 29] [HIT]
Æthelmyr -> [DAMAGE (M)] Tail slap [MULT:0.5] [TYPE: bludgeoning] [1d6+1 = 3]
Damage [0] -> [to Zombie, Human 29] [RESISTED]
[TURN] Zombie, Human 27
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Slam [1d20+2 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Denzil] [HIT]
DM: [DAMAGE (M)] Slam [MULT:1.5] [TYPE: bludgeoning] [1d6+1 = 7]
Damage [7] -> [to Denzil]
[TURN] Zombie, Human 29
dublish (Æthelmyr): These things roll really fucking well.
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Slam [1d20+2 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at Eilir] [AUTOMATIC HIT]
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Slam [CONFIRM] [1d20+2 = 15]
Attack [15] -> [at Eilir] [CRIT NOT CONFIRMED]
DM: [DAMAGE (M)] Slam [MULT:1.5] [TYPE: bludgeoning] [1d6+1 = 3]
Damage [3] -> [to Eilir]
dublish (Æthelmyr): Like I said.
[TURN] Skeleton, Human 16
Campaign saved.
DM: [ATTACK #2 (M)] Claws (+2) [1d20+3 = 20]
Attack [20] -> [at Bo-Taar] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [HIT]
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Claws (+2) [1d20+3 = 19]
Attack [19] -> [at Bo-Taar] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [HIT]
DM: [DAMAGE (M)] Claws [MULT:1.5] [TYPE: piercing,slashing] [1d4+1 = 5]
Damage [5] -> [to Bo-Taar]
DM: [DAMAGE (M)] Claws [MULT:1.5] [TYPE: piercing,slashing] [1d4+1 = 3]
Damage [3] -> [to Bo-Taar]
[TURN] Eilir
DM: The undead tear into you with a vengeance.
Eilir -> [ATTACK (M)] Magic Heavy Dragonfang Sickle [1d20+9 = 26]
Attack [26] -> [at Zombie, Human 29] [HIT]
Eilir -> [DAMAGE (M)] Magic Heavy Dragonfang Sickle [TYPE: slashing,magic] [1d8+4 = 7]
Damage [7] -> [to Zombie, Human 29] [HEAVY DAMAGE]
Eilir: +1
[TURN] Skeleton, Human 3
ElectricCaveman: I added a roll for you on the combat tracker, if you want to give that a try.
DM: [ATTACK #2 (M)] Claws (+2) [1d20+3 = 13]
Attack [13] -> [at Bo-Taar] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [MISS]
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Claws (+2) [1d20+3 = 6]
Attack [6] -> [at Bo-Taar] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [MISS]
[TURN] Denzil
Keah (Eilir): where? what?
ElectricCaveman: On your attacks tab on your entry in the combat tracker.
David (Bo-Taar): did the disabled skeleton just attack?
dublish (Æthelmyr): We don’t see any of the targeting or effects or anything.
DM: It did. It’s getting ready to die when I get to it.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Well, we see the list of what the effects do, but not the entries that you see.
Keah (Eilir): i don’t have tabs on the combat tracker.
ElectricCaveman: well that’s lame.
Eilir: yes
dublish (Æthelmyr): I thought an undead at 0 hp just died right out, no questions asked.
Denzil -> [ATTACK (M)] Dagger [CRIT 19] [1d20+5 = 16]
Attack [16] -> [at Zombie, Human 27] [HIT]
Denzil -> [DAMAGE (M)] Dagger [TYPE: piercing,slashing] [1d4+1 = 4]
Damage [4] -> [to Zombie, Human 27]
Keah (Eilir): That’s what I thought, too.
DM: Oh, I thought it was at -1. I’ll check.
Keah (Eilir): it missed anyway.
DM: yep, it is to 0, not below 0.
[TURN] Bo-Taar
Bo-Taar -> [ATTACK (M)] Adamantine Goliath Greathammer (Large) [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+14 = 15]
Attack [15] -> [at Skeleton, Human 16] [AUTOMATIC MISS]
Campaign saved.
David (Bo-Taar): doh
Keah (Eilir): aw.
[TURN] Avaril the Average
dublish (Æthelmyr): :(
Avaril the Average -> [ATTACK (M)] Quarterstaff [1d20+3 = 20]
Attack [20] -> [at Skeleton, Human 18] [HIT]
Keah (Eilir): it happens to the best of us. and no amount of attack bonus can fix it.
Avaril the Average -> [DAMAGE (M)] Quarterstaff [MULT:1.5] [TYPE: bludgeoning] [1d6+1 = 4]
Damage [4] -> [to Skeleton, Human 18] [HEAVY DAMAGE]
[TURN] Skeleton, Human 9
DM: [ATTACK #2 (M)] Claws [1d20+1 = 9]
Attack [9] -> [at Bo-Taar] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [MISS]
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Claws [1d20+1 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Bo-Taar] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [AUTOMATIC HIT]
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Claws [CONFIRM] [1d20+1 = 8]
Attack [8] -> [at Bo-Taar] [CRIT NOT CONFIRMED]
DM: [DAMAGE (M)] Claws [MULT:1.5] [TYPE: piercing,slashing] [1d4+1 = 2]
Damage [2] -> [to Bo-Taar]
[TURN] Zombie, Human 18
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Slam [1d20+2 = 5]
Attack [5] -> [at Denzil] [MISS]
[TURN] Xenia
Xenia: I take one last swing at the skeleton.
Xenia -> [ATTACK (M)] Magic Quarterstaff [1d20+6 = 19]
Attack [19] -> [at Skeleton, Human 9] [HIT]
Xenia -> [DAMAGE (M)] Magic Quarterstaff [MULT:1.5] [TYPE: bludgeoning] [1d6+3 = 8]
Damage [8] -> [to Skeleton, Human 9] [DYING]
[TURN] Skeleton, Human 18
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Claws [1d20+1 = 15]
Attack [15] -> [at Bo-Taar] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [MISS]
DM: [ATTACK #2 (M)] Claws [1d20+1 = 12]
Attack [12] -> [at Bo-Taar] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [MISS]
[ROUND 4]
[TURN] Æthelmyr
Æthelmyr -> [ATTACK (M)] Claws (primary) [1d20+4 = 11]
Attack [11] -> [at Zombie, Human 29] [HIT]
Æthelmyr -> [DAMAGE (M)] Claws (primary) [TYPE: piercing,slashing] [1d3+2 = 3]
Damage [3] -> [to Zombie, Human 29] [DISABLED]
Æthelmyr -> [ATTACK #2 (M)] Claws (primary) [1d20+4 = 24]
Attack [24] -> [at Zombie, Human 27] [AUTOMATIC HIT]
Æthelmyr -> [ATTACK #2 (M)] Claws (primary) [CONFIRM] [1d20+4 = 24]
Attack [24] -> [at Zombie, Human 27] [CRITICAL HIT]
Æthelmyr: [1d20 = 7]
dublish (Æthelmyr): Aw.
Æthelmyr -> [DAMAGE (M)] Claws (primary) [CRITICAL] [TYPE: piercing,slashing] [1d3+1g3+4 = 6]
Damage [6] -> [to Zombie, Human 27] [MODERATE DAMAGE]
dublish (Æthelmyr): Oh wow, it does that automatically now.
ElectricCaveman: yep
Æthelmyr -> [ATTACK (M)] Tail slap [1d20-1 = 5]
Attack [5] -> [at Zombie, Human 27] [MISS]
[TURN] Zombie, Human 27
Campaign saved.
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Slam [1d20+2 = 3]
Attack [3] -> [at Æthelmyr] [AUTOMATIC MISS]
[TURN] Skeleton, Human 16
DM: [ATTACK #2 (M)] Claws [1d20+1 = 6]
Attack [6] -> [at Bo-Taar] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [MISS]
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Claws [1d20+1 = 6]
Attack [6] -> [at Bo-Taar] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [MISS]
[TURN] Eilir
Eilir -> [ATTACK (M)] Magic Heavy Dragonfang Sickle [1d20+9 = 14]
Attack [14] -> [at Zombie, Human 27] [HIT]
Eilir -> [DAMAGE (M)] Magic Heavy Dragonfang Sickle [TYPE: slashing,magic] [1d8+4 = 9]
Damage [9] -> [to Zombie, Human 27] [DISABLED]
Keah (Eilir): dead
dublish (Æthelmyr): Kalyn must have gotten incredibly lucky with his HD rolls.
[TURN] Denzil
Denzil -> [ATTACK (M)] Dagger [CRIT 19] (+2) [1d20+7 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Zombie, Human 18] [HIT]
Denzil -> [DAMAGE (M)] Dagger [TYPE: piercing,slashing] [1d4+1 = 3]
Damage [3] -> [to Zombie, Human 18] [MODERATE DAMAGE]
[TURN] Bo-Taar
Bo-Taar -> [ATTACK (M)] Adamantine Goliath Greathammer (Large) [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+14 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Skeleton, Human 16] [HIT]
Bo-Taar -> [DAMAGE (M)] Adamantine Goliath Greathammer (Large) [MULT:1.5] [EFFECTS +3] [TYPE: bludgeoning(x4)] [3d6+13 = 22]
Damage [22] -> [to Skeleton, Human 16] [DEAD]
[TURN] Avaril the Average
Avaril the Average -> [ATTACK (M)] Quarterstaff [1d20+3 = 12]
Attack [12] -> [at Skeleton, Human 18] [MISS]
[TURN] Zombie, Human 18
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Slam [1d20+2 = 18]
Attack [18] -> [at Eilir] [MISS]
[TURN] Xenia
Keah (Eilir): show it some doom, sam!
Xenia -> [ATTACK (M)] Magic Quarterstaff [1d20+6 = 9]
Attack [9] -> [at Skeleton, Human 18] [MISS]
Sam (Xenia): grrrrr
[TURN] Skeleton, Human 18
David (Bo-Taar): so much for quarterstaff of kill stealing
Keah (Eilir): taht was not very doomish.
DM: [ATTACK #2 (M)] Claws [1d20+1 = 18]
Attack [18] -> [at Xenia] [HIT]
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Claws [1d20+1 = 5]
Attack [5] -> [at Xenia] [MISS]
DM: [DAMAGE (M)] Claws [MULT:1.5] [TYPE: piercing,slashing] [1d4+1 = 5]
Damage [5] -> [to Xenia]
[ROUND 5]
[TURN] Æthelmyr
Campaign saved.
Æthelmyr -> [ATTACK (M)] Claws (primary) [FULL] [1d20+4 = 11]
Attack [11] -> [at Zombie, Human 18] [HIT]
Æthelmyr -> [ATTACK #2 (M)] Claws (primary) [FULL] [1d20+4 = 11]
Attack [11] -> [at Zombie, Human 18] [HIT]
Æthelmyr -> [DAMAGE (M)] Claws (primary) [TYPE: piercing,slashing] [1d3+2 = 4]
Damage [4] -> [to Zombie, Human 18] [HEAVY DAMAGE]
Æthelmyr -> [DAMAGE (M)] Claws (primary) [TYPE: piercing,slashing] [1d3+2 = 5]
Damage [5] -> [to Zombie, Human 18] [DISABLED]
[TURN] Eilir
Eilir -> [CAST] Disrupt Undead [at Skeleton, Human 18]
Eilir -> [ATTACK (R)] Disrupt Undead [TOUCH] (-4) [1d20+3 = 20]
Attack [20] -> [at Skeleton, Human 18] [HIT]
Eilir -> [DAMAGE] Disrupt Undead [TYPE: spell] [1d6 = 5]
Damage [5] -> [to Skeleton, Human 18] [DYING]
Keah (Eilir): you were talking about kill stealing?
Æthelmyr: Hooray!
Avaril the Average: Shame they had to be destroyed…
DM: That’s probably a good place to call it a night.
Eilir: Whew. That actually wasn’t so bad.
Æthelmyr: Maybe next time you can try talking to them, Avaril.
Keah (Eilir): No loots here either, I’m guessing?
DM: Nope. Nothing but corpses and bones.
Keah (Eilir): well then. let’s call it a night. good session, guys. g’night!
David (Bo-Taar): sleep time!
dublish (Æthelmyr): Good night, next weekend maybe?
Sam (Xenia): sounds good to us! we’re free
ElectricCaveman: Maybe. I don’t know when I’ll be getting internet or moving stuff.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Oh, that will be unfortunate if you don’t have internet.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Anyway, good night.
‘dublish’ disconnected

Session 24 Chat Log

The Legs of Lolth dublish