Session 23 Chat Log

Chat log started at 2.2.2013 / 11:58:49

3.5E v2.9.2 ruleset for Fantasy Grounds II.
Copyright 2012 Smiteworks USA, LLC.

Languages v2.5 Extension for FGII 3.5E ruleset by Tenian (converted to 3.5E by Trenloe & Callum). Copyright 2011 Smiteworks. This extension uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC, which are used under Paizo’s Community Use Policy. We are expressly prohibited from charging you to use or access this content. This extension is not published, endorsed, or specifically approved by Paizo Publishing. For more information about Paizo’s Community Use Policy, please visit paizo.com/communityuse. For more information about Paizo Publishing and Paizo products, please visit paizo.com.
‘Keah’ connected
Campaign saved.
‘Matt’ connected
‘dublish’ connected
‘Sam’ connected
Campaign saved.
‘Matt’ reconnected
Eilir: [ABILITY] Strength check [1d20+2 = 4]
Campaign saved.
Eilir -> [ABILITY] Strength check [1d20+3 = 16]
‘Keah’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
‘Keah’ reconnected
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
‘dublish’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
‘dublish’ reconnected
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
DM: So, do we want to go ahead and start?
Æthelmyr: (POLL) Begin?
dublish (Æthelmyr): Anyone?
ElectricCaveman: I don’t get to vote.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Matt votes yes. I think.
Campaign saved.
DM: So, last time, you entered the marauders’ caves, killed five guards, but one ran. After some quick looting of bodies, you were ready to pursue the remaining Gnoll.
{color:purple}
Keah (Eilir): i was not on the map for some reason…
DM: You are. Avaril is on top of you.
Keah (Eilir): oh.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Which way were we going?
Eilir: So… lead on, Aethelmyr. And keep an eye out for an ambush.
DM: You came in the top-right passage
Campaign saved.
Sam (Xenia): brb
Sam (Xenia): ok back
You see a rubble-strewn passage. The loose rock and soil gets thicker the further down the passage you look.
Æthelmyr sneaks down the passage after the remaining guard.
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Move Silently [1d20+11 = 28]
Eilir follows a ways behind with the torch.
Campaign saved.
At the end of this passage, you find what appears to have been a cave-in blocked the passage that crosses the one you’re in. A path has been clumsily cleared in the left branch. It is dimly illuminated by fire-light.
‘Zero’ connected
Æthelmyr peeks around the corner.
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Spot [1d20+9 = 17]
The passage curves around briefly, then heads straight on to a more open chamber, apparently torch-lit. The passage itself is illuminated by a torch lying on the ground at the entrance to the chamber.
Campaign saved.
Keah (Eilir): Can I see that the passage is lit from where I’m standing?
DM: Probably not. Your torch would keep you from realizing that there was also light from the other direction yet.
Keah (Eilir): okay.
Æthelmyr goes to the entrance of the chamber.
Keah (Eilir): well my plan is to just keep my distance until aethelmyr comes back or calls out.
Matt ((Unnamed)): Sounds like where we came from if there’s a torch on the ground.
ElectricCaveman: You should probably move your token instead of me, Kyle.
(Unnamed) eyes Eilir.
Keah (Eilir): um… who is Unnamed?
Matt ((Unnamed)): Kalyn probably…
ElectricCaveman: Matt, obviously.
ElectricCaveman: It has his name next to it in ooc.
Keah (Eilir): i figured.
Matt ((Unnamed)): That’s… Weird.
Keah (Eilir): and no one else would be eyeing me.
(Unnamed): FUCK DRAGONS!
Æthelmyr: !
Avaril the Average: Test dicks?
Matt (Avaril the Average): Everything’s fixed, we’re fine now.
Keah (Eilir): good job, matt.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Just like how I fixed my phone.
The chamber is indeed lit by torches on poorly-installed wall sockets. There are a dozen or so rough sleeping bags on the far side of the narrow chamber, and a few other sparce decorations.
Campaign saved.
DM: There are also several marauders, some of whom throw javelins at you.
DM: [ATTACK (R)] Javelin [1d20+3 = 4]
Attack [4] -> [at Æthelmyr] [AUTOMATIC MISS]
Zero (Denzil): haha
Sam (Xenia): haha
DM: [ATTACK (R)] Javelin [1d20+1 = 5]
Attack [5] -> [at Æthelmyr] [MISS]
Keah (Eilir): she likes to go off by herself and doesn’t tell us anything, so…
DM: [ATTACK (R)] Javelin [1d20+3 = 5]
Attack [5] -> [at Æthelmyr] [MISS]
Æthelmyr: Goblins!
Three javelins crack against the stone wall behind Aethelmyr’s head. The sharp reports echo through the cave complex.
Keah (Eilir): There we go.
Avaril the Average: Kill them!
Keah (Eilir): Initiative?
DM: roll it!
Æthelmyr: [1d20 = 10]
Denzil -> [INIT] [1d20+4 = 22]
Avaril the Average -> [INIT] [1d20+2 = 11]
Xenia -> [INIT] [1d20+1 = 15]
Eilir: [INIT] [1d20+2 = 10]
Æthelmyr -> [INIT] [1d20+4 = 21]
Matt (Avaril the Average): BO-TAAR NEEDS TO ROLL!
Bo-Taar -> [INIT] [1d20+2 = 10]
[ROUND 1]
[TURN] Denzil
Zero (Denzil): do we have a map or anything?
Matt (Avaril the Average): Katheryn’s init is wrong on the tracker…
Campaign saved.
Zero (Denzil): oh fancy!
Keah (Eilir): images: battle map
Keah (Eilir): and yeah, my init is wrong…
Keah (Eilir): you could’ve let me go earlier, matt, but noooo…
Zero (Denzil): so i’m in the very back and we are heading towards Aethelmyr?
Keah (Eilir): you don’t have to if you don’t want to, but aethelmyr is where the enemies are.
Zero (Denzil): haha. true. ok
Matt (Avaril the Average): Hey, do you want to use rules or not!?
Matt (Avaril the Average): Fine, no rules.
Matt (Avaril the Average): I KILL ALL OF THEM WE WIN LEGS OF LOLTH!
Matt (Avaril the Average): GAME OVER GOOD GAME!
Zero (Denzil): ok, two move actions. can i pull my bow out in the process?
Matt (Avaril the Average): DUN DUN DOOOOOOOOOOOOPE!
DM: Note the darker brown floor spaces are difficult terrain. Double move or balance check.
DM: You can, yes
Zero (Denzil): ok. sounds good then. what about the gravel up by where i was standing?
DM: That’s fine.
Denzil: ok, then i’m done.
[TURN] Æthelmyr
Campaign saved.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Why’s Denzil upside down?
ElectricCaveman: He’s doing cartwheels down the hall.
Keah (Eilir): and manages to draw his bow while doing it? i’m impressed.
[TURN] Human Marauder 5
Zero (Denzil): i’m a great great great great great great great ancestor of Zero…
dublish (Æthelmyr): 55 feet. Double movement is awful.
[TURN] Xenia
Keah (Eilir): makes sense.
Xenia: I move and draw my quarterstaff.
[TURN] Avaril the Average
Æthelmyr: Goblins, humans, and a gnoll or two. I didn’t see any other exit, but I didn’t get a good look.
Avaril the Average: I ready my crossbow.
[GM] [TURN] Hobgoblin Marauder 16
‘dublish’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
‘dublish’ reconnected
[TURN] Bo-Taar
[TURN] Eilir
Campaign saved.
Eilir: I move here and toss the torch into the gravel. Would I also have time to switch my sickle out for my bow?
Keah (Eilir): wait… I don’t want the bow. nevermind.
[GM] [TURN] Human Marauder 14
[GM] [TURN] Goblin Marauder 19
[GM] [TURN] Goblin Marauder 20
[GM] [TURN] Goblin Marauder 3
[GM] [TURN] Hobgoblin Marauder 2
[GM] [TURN] Gnoll Marauder 19
[ROUND 2]
[TURN] Denzil
Zero (Denzil): i think thats 60’
Zero (Denzil): corner of Bo-Taar to there…i think. thats my turn
[TURN] Æthelmyr
Campaign saved.
dublish (Æthelmyr): What are the rules on readying a spell? Do I have to pick a spell, or is it just readying an action?
DM: You have to pick a spell and a condition.
ElectricCaveman: David is online! Huzzah!
dublish (Æthelmyr): I ready my longbow.
[GM] [TURN] Human Marauder 5
[TURN] Xenia
‘David’ connected
Sam (Xenia): I think thats as far as I can move.
[TURN] Avaril the Average
Campaign saved.
Matt (Avaril the Average): DONE MOTHAFUCKAS!
[GM] [TURN] Hobgoblin Marauder 16
David (Bo-Taar): ok i’m here
[TURN] Bo-Taar
dublish (Æthelmyr): Hurray! We have a barbarian!
Keah (Eilir): you’re just in time to help us crush things, david!
David (Bo-Taar): i move and draw my hammer
David (Bo-Taar): woohoo
David (Bo-Taar): moving other people sucks
[TURN] Eilir
Keah (Eilir): oh yeah. double movement.
[GM] [TURN] Human Marauder 14
Campaign saved.
[GM] [TURN] Goblin Marauder 19
[GM] [TURN] Goblin Marauder 20
[GM] [TURN] Goblin Marauder 3
[GM] [TURN] Hobgoblin Marauder 2
[GM] [TURN] Gnoll Marauder 19
[ROUND 3]
[TURN] Denzil
Zero (Denzil): and i ready my bow to attack
[TURN] Æthelmyr
Æthelmyr -> [CAST] Color Spray [at Goblin Marauder 19]
Æthelmyr -> [CAST] Color Spray [at Goblin Marauder 3]
Æthelmyr -> [CAST] Color Spray [at Goblin Marauder 20]
Goblin Marauder 3 -> [SAVE] Will [VS DC 16] [RM] [FAILURE] [1d20-1 = 4]
Goblin Marauder 20 -> [SAVE] Will [VS DC 16] [RM] [FAILURE] [1d20-1 = 15]
Goblin Marauder 19 -> [SAVE] Will [VS DC 16] [RM] [FAILURE] [1d20-1 = 15]
DM: All of these goblins fall unconscious.
[TURN] Human Marauder 5
Campaign saved.
Æthelmyr: Ha!
Matt (Avaril the Average): Looks like they… Didn’t make the cut.
Matt (Avaril the Average): YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!
ElectricCaveman: I got the human and hobgoblin tokens mixed up…
Matt (Avaril the Average): They’re really… Ugl…
Keah (Eilir): aaaaaaaaah!
DM: Okay. The marauder slashes at Aethemyr with a long glaive.
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Glaive [1d20+3 = 15]
Attack [15] -> [at Æthelmyr] [MISS]
DM: Also, it’s in range for Denzil’s attack.
Zero (Denzil): huzzah
Denzil -> [ATTACK (R)] +1 Elvencraft Composite Longbow [1d20+8 = 13]
Attack [13] -> [at Human Marauder 5] [MISS]
Zero (Denzil): lame
Campaign saved.
[TURN] Xenia
DM: All the goblins are unconscious, don’t forget.
Matt (Avaril the Average): I cast magic missile at Xenia.
Sam (Xenia): yeah, I got confused
Sam (Xenia): so…does anyone remember if I used spriritual weapon last time? all my spells are showing up, but I know I used some of them.
Keah (Eilir): if you used some of them, they wouldn’t be showing up.
Campaign saved.
Sam (Xenia): well, I know i used heat metal. I roasted some goblins.
Sam (Xenia): but it showed up as unused.
Keah (Eilir): oh yeah. you have to click the circles when you cast them. it doesn’t do it for you.
Sam (Xenia): I don’t htink I used spiritual weapon, but I can’t remember. and I would like to use it now.
DM: I thought you did. I’m checking the chat log.
Sam (Xenia): okay.
DM: Yes, you did use it once.
DM: No, wait.
DM: You accidentally clicked it when you wanted to cast heat metal.
DM: So you still have it.
Sam (Xenia): haha. okay!
Xenia: then I cast Spiritua Weapon
Xenia -> [CAST] Spiritual Weapon
Sam (Xenia): It attacks the Human 5
Xenia: +4 [1d20+4 = 20]
DM: That hits.
Sam (Xenia): possibly the best I have ever rolled on spiritual weapon.
Xenia: +1 [1d8+1 = 4]
Effect [‘Unconscious; Blinded; Stunned’] [D:5] -> [to Goblin Marauder 3] [by Æthelmyr]
Effect [‘Unconscious; Blinded; Stunned’] [D:5] -> [to Goblin Marauder 19] [by Æthelmyr]
Effect [‘Unconscious; Blinded; Stunned’] [D:5] -> [to Goblin Marauder 20] [by Æthelmyr]
Campaign saved.
Keah (Eilir): very nice.
Damage [4] -> [to Human Marauder 5] [HEAVY DAMAGE]
Sam (Xenia): yay!!!
[TURN] Avaril the Average
Xenia gapes in disbelief as her spiritual sword draws blood on the maurader.
[TURN] Hobgoblin Marauder 16
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Longsword [CRIT 19] [1d20+2 = 10]
Attack [10] -> [at Xenia] [MISS]
[TURN] Bo-Taar
DM: One of the hobgoblins runs in to engage the new caster, but his strike misses.
[TURN] Eilir
David (Bo-Taar): move turns are underwhelming
Keah (Eilir): Yes. They are.
[TURN] Human Marauder 14
Campaign saved.
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Glaive [1d20+3 = 17]
Attack [17] -> [at Æthelmyr] [MISS]
[TURN] Goblin Marauder 19
[TURN] Goblin Marauder 20
[TURN] Goblin Marauder 3
[TURN] Hobgoblin Marauder 2
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Longsword [CRIT 19] [1d20+2 = 14]
Attack [14] -> [at Æthelmyr] [MISS]
[TURN] Gnoll Marauder 19
DM: [ATTACK (R)] Composite shortbow [COVER -2] (-4) [1d20-4 = 9]
Attack [9] -> [at Xenia] [MISS]
[ROUND 4]
[TURN] Æthelmyr
dublish (Æthelmyr): Does drawing a weapon provoke a AoO?
DM: no
dublish (Æthelmyr): Hmmm.
dublish (Æthelmyr): I drop my bow.
Æthelmyr -> [ATTACK (M)] Claws (primary) [FULL] [1d20+3 = 6]
Attack [6] -> [at Hobgoblin Marauder 2] [MISS]
Æthelmyr -> [ATTACK #2 (M)] Claws (primary) [FULL] [1d20+3 = 14]
Attack [14] -> [at Hobgoblin Marauder 2] [MISS]
Æthelmyr -> [ATTACK (M)] Tail slap [1d20-2 = 9]
Attack [9] -> [at Hobgoblin Marauder 2] [MISS]
dublish (Æthelmyr): Ugh.
[TURN] Denzil
Keah (Eilir): kalyn gets an animal companion next level!
Zero (Denzil): i can move through people like normal spaces right?
DM: You can move through your allies. You have to overrun enemies.
Campaign saved.
Zero (Denzil): ok sounds good.
Matt (Avaril the Average): If you move through Bo-Taar/Xenia, is that taking an AoO?
Zero (Denzil): and i’ll shoot at Gnoll 19
Denzil -> [ATTACK (R)] +1 Elvencraft Composite Longbow [1d20+8 = 16]
Attack [16] -> [at Gnoll Marauder 19] [HIT]
DM: No, because they give him cover.
DM: No aoo if there’s cover.
Matt (Avaril the Average): I figured as much.
Denzil -> [DAMAGE (R)] +1 Elvencraft Composite Longbow [TYPE: piercing(x3)] [1d8+2 = 8]
Damage [8] -> [to Gnoll Marauder 19] [DYING]
Keah (Eilir): ha. got him.
DM: You take down the archer you were pursuing.
Zero (Denzil): i step out from behind Aethelmyr catching the archer by surprise and shooting an arrow through his chest
[TURN] Human Marauder 5
Matt (Avaril the Average): DAMNIT! NOW HOW WILL WE INTERROGATE HIM!?
Matt (Avaril the Average): If only we had the ability to speak to the dead after they die…
Keah (Eilir): anyone here speak gnoll or undercommon?
Zero (Denzil): oh…was I not supposed to shoot him?
Keah (Eilir): because that’s what gnolls speak.
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Glaive [1d20+3 = 16]
Attack [16] -> [at Æthelmyr] [MISS]
Keah (Eilir): you’re supposed to ignore matt.
[TURN] Xenia
Matt (Avaril the Average): Fuck you.
Matt (Avaril the Average): : (
Zero (Denzil): i thought maybe i missed something, haha.
Zero (Denzil): is the brown table looking thing a table?
DM: it’s a rug
Keah (Eilir): i think it’s a rug.
Sam (Xenia): The sword attacks first, on the same maurader 5.
Xenia: +4 [1d20+4 = 16]
DM: hits
Xenia: +1 [1d8+1 = 2]
Damage [2] -> [to Human Marauder 5] [DYING]
Campaign saved.
Xenia: Then I swing my quarterstaff at the hobgoblin in front of me.
Keah (Eilir): does the sword flank with aethelmyr? i feel like we’ve looked that up before, and i forget what the answer was.
DM: I don’t think so
Xenia -> [ATTACK (M)] Magic Quarterstaff [1d20+5 = 11]
Attack [11] -> [at Hobgoblin Marauder 16] [MISS]
[TURN] Avaril the Average
Matt (Avaril the Average): What’s the penalty for Marauder 2? -4 for melee, right? -? for cover from Aethelmyr?
Keah (Eilir): why don’t you just shoot at 14 or something?
David (Bo-Taar): i have 3 javelins
Matt (Avaril the Average): Isn’t he asleep/disabled?
DM: -4 cover and -4 melee
Keah (Eilir): no. just the little ones are.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Oh. Then I’ll take 14.
Keah (Eilir): if yo hover over him, he only has a health dot, no status icon.
Avaril the Average -> [ATTACK (R)] Heavy Fucking Crossbow [CRIT 19] [1d20+2 = 16]
Attack [16] -> [at Human Marauder 14] [HIT]
Matt (Avaril the Average): Assuming there were no mods…
DM: no mods
Avaril the Average -> [DAMAGE (R)] Heavy Fucking Crossbow [TYPE: piercing] [1d10 = 7]
Damage [7] -> [to Human Marauder 14] [DYING]
Keah (Eilir): nice shot!
[TURN] Hobgoblin Marauder 16
Campaign saved.
Avaril the Average: I WARNED EVERYONE! I WILL FUCKING KILL ALL OF YOU! YOU BASTARDS!
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Longsword [CRIT 19] [1d20+2 = 12]
Attack [12] -> [at Xenia] [MISS]
[TURN] Bo-Taar
Keah (Eilir): Crush him, Bo-Taar!
dublish (Æthelmyr): Hey Peter, does a mount have to have armor proficiency in order to wear barding?
Keah (Eilir): i don’t ever remember reading about armour proficiency for mounts.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Hey you forgot the ‘u’.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Oh great, now you ruined that joke.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Asshole.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Armur.
ElectricCaveman: If it does not, it takes the usual penalties for non-proficiency.
ElectricCaveman: Any war-mounts are trained to use armor, though.
Keah (Eilir): that would be why i never read about it then.
David (Bo-Taar): uhh how do i rage again? sorry
Matt (Avaril the Average): Does… What do those penalties matter to a horse?
Matt (Avaril the Average): Get mad!
Matt (Avaril the Average): When life gives you lemons…
Keah (Eilir): you say "I RAGE!" or somethign along those lines.
Sam (Xenia): he means on the screen.
DM: There’s an ability on your action tab
Matt (Avaril the Average): Ask to see life’s manager.
Keah (Eilir): and then pter applies an effect. or something.
Sam (Xenia): I htought it would be just a click and drop, like for other effects.
Keah (Eilir): or that.
Bo-Taar: ARGGHHH I’M RAGING!!!
Keah (Eilir): we’re almost done, though. do you really nee--never mind.
David (Bo-Taar): yeah i see it but i cant figure out how to activate it…
Keah (Eilir): remember, you can only rage a certain number of times per day.
Effect [‘STR: 4; CON: 4; SAVE: 2 WILL; AC: -2’] [D:9] -> [to Bo-Taar]
David (Bo-Taar): thanks
Bo-Taar -> [ATTACK (M)] Adamantine Goliath Greathammer (Large) [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+11 = 29]
Attack [29] -> [at Hobgoblin Marauder 16] [HIT]
Bo-Taar -> [DAMAGE (M)] Adamantine Goliath Greathammer (Large) [MULT:1.5] [EFFECTS +3] [TYPE: bludgeoning(x4)] [3d6+10 = 20]
Damage [20] -> [to Hobgoblin Marauder 16] [DEAD]
Keah (Eilir): nice.
Bo-Taar: Thats how its DONE!
[TURN] Eilir
Campaign saved.
Eilir: [ATTACK (M)] Magic Heavy Dragonfang Sickle [1d20+8 = 25]
Attack [25] -> [at Hobgoblin Marauder 2] [HIT]
Eilir: [DAMAGE (M)] Magic Heavy Dragonfang Sickle [TYPE: slashing,magic] [1d8+4 = 10]
Damage [10] -> [to Hobgoblin Marauder 2] [DYING]
Keah (Eilir): +1 cold. not that it matters.
DM: All the marauders are dying or unconscious.
Eilir: Avaril, you want to take care of the little ones over there?
[TURN] Human Marauder 14
DM: or dead, I suppose
Avaril the Average: I STILL RIP THEIR HEADS OFF AND SWITCH THEM AROUND!
Eilir: Um… Yeah, okay whatever.
Keah (Eilir): so… everything’s dead, unless the goblins come round before Avaril can finish them all?
Æthelmyr: So were these the ones who were taking the water from the oases?
Denzil: loot!
Eilir: There’s only one way to find out.
Eilir: Exactly.
Xenia: maybe we should wake up one of hte small ones and get him to talk?
DM: Is Avaril killing all teh goblins? Should I clear their tokens?
Xenia: lets loot first, anyways.
Avaril the Average: Yes. I kill them very violently.
Matt (Avaril the Average): : D
Eilir: Let’s pile up the loot so we can see if any of it’s magical in one go.
Matt (Avaril the Average): There’s blood on the loot.
[TURN] Goblin Marauder 19
[TURN] Goblin Marauder 20
[TURN] Goblin Marauder 3
[TURN] Hobgoblin Marauder 2
[TURN] Gnoll Marauder 19
[ROUND 5]
[TURN] Æthelmyr
Keah (Eilir): that’s fine.
[TURN] Denzil
Eilir: We might want to take a look at their sleeping area, too. You never know.
Æthelmyr begins searching for secret doors.
Denzil: i help Aethelmyr
Campaign saved.
Eilir Starts stripping the marauders of anything that looks like it might be worth carrying out of the cave.
Æthelmyr -> [CAST] Detect Secret Doors
Matt (Avaril the Average): Kinky Eilir… And weird.
Matt (Avaril the Average): : p
Denzil -> [SKILL] Search [1d20+6 = 18]
Keah (Eilir): XP
Keah (Eilir): loot pile.
DM: You pick through their corpses and sleeping bags. Their personal possessions are all but worthless, but you find in the back of the room a pile of 474 gold pieces that someone had just begun to sort through.
Avaril the Average rolls on the loot pile.
DM: Aethelmyr and Denzil fail to find any doors hidden in this chamber.
Avaril the Average: Ohhhh yes… Looooooooot!
Eilir: Well, I guess there’s nothing left to do but divide up the gold and get out of here.
Avaril the Average: This gold feels so good! Join me!
Bo-Taar: So back up we go?
Xenia: Were these the wrong mauraders?
Matt (Avaril the Average): That means we had to spend HOW long hand-picking each and every single fucking gold piece? Uuuuugh…
Keah (Eilir): 79GP each
Xenia: Nothing here looks capable of sucking up oases.
Avaril the Average: They can’t be the wrong marauders! LOOK AT THIS!
Avaril the Average tosses gold in the air to rain down upon him.
Æthelmyr -> [CAST] Detect Magic
Eilir: Hm… How fresh was that cave-in?
dublish (Æthelmyr): Anybody have knowledge dungeoneering?
Keah (Eilir): I meant recent, not fresh, but whatever.
Xenia Walks over to cave in and peers at it.
Eilir -> [ABILITY] Intelligence check [1d20+2 = 15]
Matt (Avaril the Average): I have knowledge in dungeoneering. We’re in a dungoen.
[w] -> Æthelmyr: You detect no magic auras other than the party’s.
Keah (Eilir): I have a 10 for an INT check.
Keah (Eilir): Hey Ranger. You able to help? XD
Campaign saved.
Zero (Denzil): i guess
DM: The stone seems like it’s been there for a while.
Eilir: Well there goes my idea.
Keah (Eilir): unless… it’s an illusion! dundundun!
Xenia: Oh dear. Maybe the maurader group split up recently? or they sold the artifact?
Eilir: Maybe… I find it unlikely that they’d sell something like that, though.
Eilir: Or we followed the wrong set of tracks, and these guys were just there looking for water.
Avaril the Average checks the bodies for water.
Eilir shrugs.
Zero (Denzil): wait, what did the archer do that we were following him for?
Avaril the Average: There’s some form of water in them. It’s red though. Here, look.
Keah (Eilir): attacked us then ran away.
Avaril the Average thrusts a handful of blood in Eilir’s face.
Æthelmyr: Let’s get back outside. Maybe the tracks we followed here continued past this place.
Keah (Eilir): i’m nowhere near you, matt.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Problem solved.
Eilir: Okay seriously, Avaril.
Eilir: Why are you always bothering me? Go bother Bo-Taar or something.
Avaril the Average: Xenia, what do you make of this?
Avaril the Average blood.
Eilir heads back outside.
Xenia: We killed a bunch of people. And they bled.
Campaign saved.
Xenia follows Eilir.
Avaril the Average: I see. So this isn’t the water we were looking for…
Avaril the Average throws the blood down.
Keah (Eilir): if it bleeds it can die
Zero (Denzil): well, if we haven’t found anything here, then it must not be here. no point in dwelling over spilled blood. though they did shoot at us first…moving on.
Denzil: Denzil heads outsidexZ
Keah (Eilir): haha. they started it, but we finished it.
Keah (Eilir): fresh air! and it’s hot again.
Bo-Taar: Lets look at the tracks and see if another group split off from this one
Eilir: Or if those tracks didn’t really lead here anyway.
DM: Make a search check for finding more tracks.
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Survival [1d20+1 = 20]
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Search [1d20+7 = 22]
Xenia -> [SKILL] Search [1d20+1 = 16]
Avaril the Average -> [SKILL] Search [1d20+4 = 15]
Eilir -> [SKILL] Search [1d20+2 = 8]
Denzil -> [SKILL] Search [1d20+6 = 18]
Keah (Eilir): I found a rock.
Bo-Taar -> [SKILL] Search [1d20+1 = 11]
DM: None of you find a second set of tracks leading away.
Matt (Avaril the Average): For Halloween.
Æthelmyr: Hmm.
Campaign saved.
Eilir: So… now what?
Bo-Taar: Any other ideas?
Xenia: Well, too bad we can’t ask one of the formerly-unconscious ones.
Xenia glares at Avaril.
Zero (Denzil): well…we either missed something in the cave or we’re too late.
Avaril the Average pats Xenia on the back with his bloody hand.
Avaril the Average: It’s alright, we’ll have more to kill.
Eilir: Maybe we should head back? If that’s the only oasis that still has water, maybe they’ll show up.
Xenia: If we and the rest of these people don’t die of thirst first.
Eilir: Xenia, we won’t die of thirst. You can Create Water, and I’ve got a waterskin.
Æthelmyr: Why should we? You can just make water with magic.
Avaril the Average: Or we can fill our waterskins with all this red water they were hording…
Sam (Xenia): I was responding to Avaril, not Eilir. I’m not actually afraid of running out of water, I’m mad at him.
Avaril the Average: Why not just rest up here anyway? Wait for whoever to come back.
Æthelmyr: I don’t think you want to drink that.
Avaril the Average: And then we can kill them too.
Sam (Xenia): protein.
Avaril the Average (whispered): I know it’s blood, but look at their faces! And Xenia’s back…
Eilir: I think we eliminated all of the marauders that lived in there.
Eilir: Unless I miscounted the sleeping bags.
Keah (Eilir): what time is it?
dublish (Æthelmyr): Time for you… to get a watch.
dublish (Æthelmyr): YEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
Sam (Xenia): classic.
Keah (Eilir): i meant in-game. that joke doesn’t work.
Matt (Avaril the Average): What did we kill? 8 in here, one from the other fight, so either 2/3 from that fight, and ogres don’t use sleeping bags.
Campaign saved.
Matt (Avaril the Average): We haven’t killed everyone. There’s still…
Matt (Avaril the Average): That joke.
dublish (Æthelmyr): If you meant in game, why’d you ask OOC?
Keah (Eilir): because i was asking peter.
DM: It’s late morning.
Keah (Eilir): i’m on my computer. if i wanted to know what time it is, i’d look at my taskbar.
Avaril the Average: It’s almost lunch time. We have fresh meat to cut up and cook. Who’s hungry?
Bo-Taar: I vote we head back to the Oasis, that might be their next target
Eilir: Sounds like a good plan. Have fun with your lunch, Avaril.
Zero (Denzil): i think thats actually the best option we have.
Æthelmyr: I’m with Bo-Taar.
Zero (Denzil): dang, now i’m OOC’ing too much.
Denzil: i think thats actually the best option we have
Xenia: Whose next target, though? We just killed all of them!
Avaril the Average: Well I suppose I’ll just head back with you guys. Shame, look at all that meat.
Eilir: Whoever has that item is still out there.
Æthelmyr: Item? Are you talking about the Leg?
Æthelmyr: Or was there another one I forgot about?
Avaril the Average: The water-sucking one.
Xenia: No. I’m talkign about the magical item that stole the water.
Eilir: Uh, no. I was talking about whatever is taking the water from the oases.
Avaril the Average: It sucks water.
Avaril the Average: Like a whore.
Æthelmyr: Oh, that was an item?
Æthelmyr: I don’t think whores suck water…
Eilir: That’s what we were told.
Keah (Eilir): I think that’s what we were told.
Avaril the Average: You should come with me next time then.
Æthelmyr: Oh.
Keah (Eilir): Yeah. magic item. stolen from some caravan.
Keah (Eilir): "peculiar magic item"
[w] Eilir: I’m so glad you posted that all in a story page now. XD
Æthelmyr: Well, at least we killed some bandits. If whoever has this item is still out there, they should be a lot more wary without guards to protect them.
Eilir: Good point.
Campaign saved.
Eilir: Maybe we should swing by that oasis again and have one more good look around.
Denzil: yea, lets get going.
Avaril the Average: You really think these bastards were the lynchpin in their plan? That without those who we so easily dispatched their whole thing is GONE?
Avaril the Average: No. We just killed some poor bastards who were possibly a part of it, possibly not.
Avaril the Average: Whoever’s behind this has to be far stronger than these fools. Ready yourselves.
Eilir: And this area has a handful fewer bandits to worry about.
Bo-Taar: I am always ready.
Æthelmyr: Yeah, let’s go.
Avaril the Average: There will always be bandits.
Eilir: To the camels! Back to the drained oasis!
Æthelmyr: And so they all went back to the desert.
Keah (Eilir): please tell me the camels are still there.
DM: You climb back on your camels and plod your way through the desert heat. A few hours later, you have reached the dried out oasis.
Eilir: Okay, so… where did we find the tracks we followed? And are there any more tracks anywhere else around here?
Eilir: Or anything that could help us out. It would be nice if we knew what we were really looking for!
Campaign saved.
Eilir paces.
Denzil: i search for some more tracks.
Denzil -> [SKILL] Search [1d20+6 = 16]
dublish (Æthelmyr): Should we be making endurance/fortitude checks for heat/thirst/exhaustion/whatever?
Avaril the Average -> [SKILL] Use Rope [1d20+2 = 11]
[w] -> Denzil: You find evidence some various animal-type life has been around, but no more humanoid tracks.
Zero (Denzil): hmm
Campaign saved.
Eilir (talking to herself): Hm… Sarshan told us the item came from a noble’s caravan that was lost nearby. They drained one place each night and then keep going back to them… And everyone’s being pushed insward by something happening out on the plains…
Eilir: I wonder if we could get in contact with that noble.
Avaril the Average: You’re mumbling.
Avaril the Average: Mumbler.
Eilir: Otherwise it sounds like we just wait for them to come back or go into every bandit hole in the area.
Eilir: I’m THINKING. It sometimes helps to think aloud.
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Search [1d20+7 = 23]
dublish (Æthelmyr): Any tracks besides the ones we already found?
Eilir: Heh. The other option is to have Xenia pray to Ehlonna for guidance.
DM: You find evidence of small animals, but nothing humanoid.
Sam (Xenia): is there a game mechanism for that?
Keah (Eilir): roleplaying
DM: Augury
DM: or other divine divinations
Sam (Xenia): can I auger?
Sam (Xenia): is that the verb form of augery? haha
Campaign saved.
DM: It’s a second-level spell
Keah (Eilir): augur. auger with an E is a type of tool or something.
Keah (Eilir): well that stinks. you’d think you could pray any time.
Keah (Eilir): augury doesn’t do what i was suggesting anyway.
DM: You can do it any time if you spend 2 prestige points to pick up that spell.
DM: And it does, you just have to be specific about what course of action you want guidance on.
Eilir: So what should we do? Just head back?
Æthelmyr: Yes. If we’ve hit a dead end, we need more information.
Campaign saved.
Xenia: I suppose we could see if anythign has changed at the Shrine.
Eilir: Let’s get moving then.
Denzil: ok
Denzil: lets go
DM: Survival check for not getting lost
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Survival [1d20+1 = 11]
Eilir -> [SKILL] Survival [1d20+1 = 19]
ElectricCaveman: or track, I suppose, to follow your path back.
Avaril the Average -> [SKILL] Survival [1d20+4 = 14]
DM: You find your way back through the hot wasteland to the oasis of the Shrine.
Denzil -> [SKILL] Survival [1d20+3 = 8]
Bo-Taar -> [SKILL] Survival [1d20+8 = 10]
Keah (Eilir): a little late there, guys. XD
Zero (Denzil): ha. i so would have gotten lost
Keah (Eilir): anything new at the shrine?
DM: Nothing obvious at a glance. When you arrive, Sarshan greets you and asks about your success.
Campaign saved.
Eilir: We tracked and eliminated a group of bandits, but we didn’t find anything on them.
Æthelmyr: We found some bandits and killed them, and some giant ants and killed them, but no magic items.
Æthelmyr: Anything new happening here?
Sarshan: That is unfortunate news. I am afraid I have learned nothing more while you were gone.
‘Matt’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
‘Matt’ reconnected
Eilir: So we really have hit a dead end. That’s frustrating.
Bo-Taar: Xenia must pray for guidance it seems
Avaril the Average: I’ll do it Xenia. You don’t have to take this heavy burdon if you don’t choose to…
Eilir: Yeah. Let’s have Avaril pray to Ehlonna. That’ll work miracles.
Matt (Avaril the Average): *Burden.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Assholes.
Æthelmyr: Everybody pick a god and pray.
Campaign saved.
Keah (Eilir): i was going to make a quip about your holy symbol collection, but sarshan might not like that too much. XD
dublish (Æthelmyr): I think I only have a holy symbol of lolth…
Eilir: Sarshan, do you know of any other bandit hideouts nearby?
dublish (Æthelmyr): That’s the only one I have in my inventory…
Keah (Eilir): No, you have one of Gruumsh, too.
Keah (Eilir): it’s made of stone.
Keah (Eilir): we got it off the orc lady that was causing the plague.
Sam (Xenia): what time of day is it again?
Sarshan: I am afraid I do not. I am a scholar, but not of such things. You might ask the natives of these parts who have come by here; they would know more than I do.
DM: afternoon
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Knowledge (local) [MOD:INT] [1d20+7 = 14]
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Gather Information [1d20+3 = 19]
Æthelmyr starts asking the natives.
Eilir -> [SKILL] Gather Information [1d20+1 = 11]
Eilir attempts to help.
Sam (Xenia): Talk! Talk to her!
Keah (Eilir): This is the first time I’ve been through a battle and not been all bloodied up! I feel accomplished. XD;;
dublish (Æthelmyr): Matt’s got the holy symbol of gruumsh.
Keah (Eilir): oh. weird. okay.
DM: Anyone else doing anything while they question people?
Keah (Eilir): Avaril is praying to Ehlonna, sounds like.
Campaign saved.
‘dublish’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
‘dublish’ reconnected
Xenia: I go talk to the other clerics (or is Sarshan the only one?) and try to learn more rumors about the nature of the magic item.
‘Matt’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
‘Matt’ reconnected
Xenia -> [SKILL] Gather Information [1d20+4 = 5]
dublish (Æthelmyr): Just reconnected, lost everything after I mentioned the holy symbol.
Sam (Xenia): I learn nothing extra. Boo.
ElectricCaveman: You didn’t miss much.
Keah (Eilir): sam… why are you bad at anything having to do with being a cleric?
Keah (Eilir): besides turning undead. you can do that just fine.
DM: Aethelmyr and Eilir spend an hour chatting with various denizens of the desert. The general concensus is that there are way too many odd holes around the desert to search. They suggest over a dozen to you in your conversations that might be hiding these bandits.
Eilir: Great.
Avaril the Average sleeps.
Avaril the Average naps lightly.
Sam (Xenia): right? I am a non-good cleric.
Campaign saved.
Sam (Xenia): actually, good in-game reason! I’ve never actually served in a temple!
Keah (Eilir): you’re an evil cleric!? O.O
Keah (Eilir): or you might be neutral.
Æthelmyr: I’m stumped. There’s got to be a better way of stopping this than searching every dried up hole in the desert.
Eilir: Agreed.
Eilir: What what?
Keah (Eilir): *but what
Bo-Taar: And every other oasis is dried up except this one?
Xenia: I can seek guidance in the morning as to our path of action.
Keah (Eilir): That’s what it sounded like.
Æthelmyr: That’ll have to do, I guess.
Eilir: So wwe should keep watch on this oasis tonight?
Bo-Taar: I suppose
Keah (Eilir): How big is the oasis?
Keah (Eilir): is it like a pond or something or what?
Campaign saved.
DM: This one’s pretty big. There is a large pond more or less in the center, but it is fed by a few separate springs that well up here. The water is near enough the surface here that trees and other tough plants grow in an area almost a quarter mile out from the pond in each direction.
Keah (Eilir): wow. big.
Eilir: Alright, so let’s take positions around the main pond here tonight and keep an eye out for water-snatchers.
‘dublish’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
‘dublish’ reconnected
‘Matt’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
‘Matt’ reconnected
Bo-Taar: Sounds good.
DM: You hang out for the rest of the day. The night passes uneventfully.
Avaril the Average -> Resting.
Eilir -> Resting.
Æthelmyr -> Resting.
Keah (Eilir): but we get XP, right? :D
Denzil -> Resting.
Xenia -> Resting.
Bo-Taar -> Resting.
Awarding 3000 XP to the Party
[500 XP] -> Eilir
[500 XP] -> Xenia
[500 XP] -> Æthelmyr
[500 XP] -> Denzil
[500 XP] -> Bo-Taar
[500 XP] -> Avaril the Average
Keah (Eilir): yay level!
Campaign saved.
Avaril the Average: FUKKINHITPOINTS [1d4 = 3]
DM: If anyone has questions, I’ll help, but otherwise I will leave you to your leveling.
Æthelmyr: [1d6 = 6]
Æthelmyr: I AM A FUCKING HP GOD
David (Bo-Taar): what do i roll? what do i do?
Eilir: [1d8 = 6]
Æthelmyr: Barbarian has a d12 HD.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Sam, fix David.
David (Bo-Taar): she went to go get the book
Keah (Eilir): David, open up the Library tab, click "Basic Rules" "Classes" "Barbarian"
dublish (Æthelmyr): Barbarian rules are in FG.
Bo-Taar: [1d12 = 11]
dublish (Æthelmyr): Nice.
Keah (Eilir): fancy feats this level, too, yes?
dublish (Æthelmyr): Yes.
Xenia: [1d8 = 6]
Keah (Eilir): yay!
Campaign saved.
‘Matt’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
Denzil: sorry, somethig ju9st came up. i’ll be just a minute more
‘Matt’ disconnected
Xenia -> [SAVE] Will [1d20+7 = 16]
dublish (Æthelmyr): Maximum ranks in a skill is just based on class levels, not ECL, right?
Campaign saved.
Keah (Eilir): done.
DM: Right.
Sam (Xenia): how does mitigat suffering work as a feat? It heals ability points temporarily.
‘Matt’ connected
Campaign saved.
DM: Basically, if you have any spells prepared capable of healing ability damage, you can use that ability to let someone suffering ability damage to ignore part of it for 10 minutes.
DM: Also, it boosts your caster level for all healing spells.
Campaign saved.
Sam (Xenia): I thought htat sounded good, but I don’t think I can heal ability damage til next level. So should I get something else this time, or get it pre-emptively?
DM: Your character level will be 6 next level anyway, and you’ll get a feat then.
Sam (Xenia): okay. so better to get somethign I can use til then.
DM: Unless there’s another feat you want then that wouldn’t qualify for the bonus.
Keah (Eilir): If you get it pre-emptively, you still get that +1 on your cure spells, yeah?
DM: yep
Keah (Eilir): so there’s still a plus to it, and you’ll have it when you want it next level.
Campaign saved.
Sam (Xenia): okay. I’m happy taking Mitigate suffering. and I’m all set to go, I think.
DM: So everyone is done but Matt and Kalyn?
Keah (Eilir): did david pick a fancy feat?
dublish (Æthelmyr): I’m still parsing spell effects.
DM: David doesn’t get a fancy feat because he’s only level 4 now.
Keah (Eilir): oh.
dublish (Æthelmyr): He didn’t have a level adjustment?
DM: Because he has LA instead of an npc class.
Keah (Eilir): right.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Looking at the character advancement table, it looks like he does get a feat.
Æthelmyr: http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/legsoflolth/wikis/character-advancement-table
Avaril the Average -> [SKILL] Concentration [1d20+9 = 29]
Sam (Xenia): hey, peter, what is the best way to work my summon animal spell? should I make it a slot on my weapon sheet? how do you handle it when matt does it/ what would you prefer?
Keah (Eilir): what a waste of a nat 20, matt.
Campaign saved.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Yeah well I needed to check something.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Suckitjerk.
DM: I control the summoned creature. You tell me what it is, and I add it to the tracker as an allied unit.
DM: You can give it instructions, but you don’t control it completely.
Sam (Xenia): okay. Looking at the chart, I think I would summon a giant fire beetle. I kinda want to.
DM: The character advancement table only shows the advancement for characters with an NPC level, Kyle.
DM: now, sam?
Avaril the Average: http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/legsoflolth/wikis/character-advancement-table
Sam (Xenia): no. just sometime in the future.
dublish (Æthelmyr): It also says ‘or racial’…
Sam (Xenia): the next time we are fighting in an open space.
DM: Racial class level, not level adjustment
DM: Isn’t that what you did with Aethelmyr?
Keah (Eilir): haha. fire beelte.
dublish (Æthelmyr): I think so?
dublish (Æthelmyr): I just got my 4th PC level and took a supernatural feat as per the table though, so shouldn’t David get one as well?
DM: I’ll go look at it later.
DM: well, I guess now, since we’re still waiting
Players have requested permission to load ‘PFRPG Basic Rules’
Players have requested permission to load ‘PFRPG Spells’
Campaign saved.
DM: What book did you use for that, kyle?
dublish (Æthelmyr): My racial class? Races of the Dragon.
Zero (Denzil): i’m back. i don’t think i leveled up. i’m still level 4
Keah (Eilir): it doesn’t automagically change the number.
Zero (Denzil): i know. but i needed 6000 to level up, and i just got 500 so…
Keah (Eilir): you need to be AT 6000.
Zero (Denzil): but i was at 6037 already…
Keah (Eilir): so now you’re a lv4 ranger.
Campaign saved.
Zero (Denzil): so now i’m still a level 4 ranger. i had 6037 before i got the 500.
Keah (Eilir): wait, yo uwere already lv 4?
Keah (Eilir): what?
Keah (Eilir): no. you have 4 levels of the ranger class now.
Keah (Eilir): XP is going by PC class levels. the NPC class level doesn’t count.
Zero (Denzil): i have no idea then…
Campaign saved.
DM: Did you give yourself 500 xp when it said that’s what people got in chat?
Sam (Xenia): I didn’t. I just took your auto-xp
Zero (Denzil): yes. did it auto increase the 500?
DM: I wondered if Kalyn did. Because everyone else is only at 6037, he’s at 6537.
DM: Yes, it did.
Zero (Denzil): ah
Zero (Denzil): fancy FG is getting all fancy on me
Keah (Eilir): when it says you get something, that means you get it. you don’t have to do a thing. [^_^]
Zero (Denzil): my bad. ok so level up! haha. i’ll get on that.
Campaign saved.
ElectricCaveman: Do we want to break for food? I’m hungry.
Keah (Eilir): i’m having dinner at 6, and i have to be there because we will have a guest…
Keah (Eilir): so… 2-hour food break?
ElectricCaveman: I’m good with that. Regroup at 8/7 central?
Keah (Eilir): sounds good.
dublish (Æthelmyr): If nobody else objects.
DM: I’ll leave this up for a bit for people to finish leveling.
Zero (Denzil): i might not be able to make it back. i’ll have to let you know. but i can level up real quick.
‘Keah’ disconnected
dublish (Æthelmyr): I’m feeling awesome.
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Knowledge (arcana) [MOD:INT] [1d20+9 = 22]
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Knowledge (architecture/engineering) [MOD:INT] [1d20+8 = 13]
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Knowledge (dungeoneering) [MOD:INT] [1d20+8 = 11]
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Knowledge (geography) [MOD:INT] [1d20+8 = 19]
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Knowledge (history) [MOD:INT] [1d20+8 = 25]
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Knowledge (local) [MOD:INT] [1d20+9 = 27]
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Knowledge (nature) [MOD:INT] [1d20+8 = 22]
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Knowledge (nobility/royalty) [MOD:INT] [1d20+8 = 20]
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Knowledge (religion) [MOD:INT] [1d20+8 = 18]
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Knowledge (the planes) [MOD:INT] [1d20+8 = 24]
Campaign saved.

Chat log started at 2.2.2013 / 19:07:52

3.5E v2.9.2 ruleset for Fantasy Grounds II.
Copyright 2012 Smiteworks USA, LLC.

Languages v2.5 Extension for FGII 3.5E ruleset by Tenian (converted to 3.5E by Trenloe & Callum). Copyright 2011 Smiteworks. This extension uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC, which are used under Paizo’s Community Use Policy. We are expressly prohibited from charging you to use or access this content. This extension is not published, endorsed, or specifically approved by Paizo Publishing. For more information about Paizo’s Community Use Policy, please visit paizo.com/communityuse. For more information about Paizo Publishing and Paizo products, please visit paizo.com.
‘David’ connected
‘dublish’ connected
‘Sam’ connected
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
‘Matt’ connected
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
‘Keah’ connected
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
DM: [1d8 = 7]
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
Eilir: [1d100 = 60]
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
Bo-Taar: [2d6 = 9]
David (Bo-Taar): just trying out 2d6
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
ElectricCaveman: So, lights camera action stuff.
David (Bo-Taar): 3 2 1 go
Æthelmyr wakes up.
‘dublish’ reconnected
Æthelmyr: Is the water still here?
Eilir ’s skin is now bronze-coloured and has a slight sheen to it.
As you awaken, the rising sun is already chasing away the chill autumn desert air.
ElectricCaveman: That came out wrong. There is still air. It is just getting warm.
Keah (Eilir): you just need to put the words "in the" between "chill" and "autumn"
Æthelmyr blinks at Eilir.
Eilir: What?
Æthelmyr: You got a really bad sunburn.
Eilir: What? No… How could I get a sunburn at night?
Æthelmyr: My mother always worried about me getting too much sun.
Bo-Taar: Moonburn?
Eilir: That doesn’t even make sense.
Eilir: But it is weird…
Æthelmyr: I never did figure out why, but I must have done something right if that’s what you end up looking like.
Avaril the Average: I feel like I’m on a higher level than I was.
Eilir: I’m not sunburned!
Campaign saved.
Æthelmyr: Good for you, Avaril. Good for you.
Eilir: Sunburn doesn’t make your skin… hard…
Xenia walks over and peers at Eilir’s arm.
Avaril the Average: Don’t touch it.
Eilir: Aaaaanyway, there were no disturbances last night, so I guess the bandits didn’t come?
Avaril the Average: Just walk away. We’ll have to leave her to die. I’m so sorry Eilir. I wish there were something I could do to make your final moments more enjoyable. Sadly I will deprive you of my company in them.
Æthelmyr leaves to check if there’s still water in the pond.
Bo-Taar: What do we do now? Did you pray to your Godess Xenia?
There is still water in the pond.
Xenia: Oh yes, I will do that.
Æthelmyr returns.
Xenia: What do we wish to know? I must be specific. Ehlonna does not push us blindly through life. She only guides those who have direction.
Æthelmyr: There’s still water in the pond.
Eilir: Still wet?
Campaign saved.
Æthelmyr: I didn’t check.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Boy does that sound like something a GM told you…
Sam (Xenia): I came up with that myself! using hte spell description!
Matt (Avaril the Average): Oooooh! Nice.
Sam (Xenia): so there!
Avaril the Average: I’ll check.
Avaril the Average begins to bathe in the water.
Eilir: Hm… there are lots of specific questions we could ask. Do we go after the bandits? Do we go look for the caravan? Do we wait around at one of the oases?
The water is, in fact, still wet.
Keah (Eilir): oh yeah. david doesn’t know. avaril sleeps naked. now you know.
Æthelmyr: You should ask where the magical artifact used to drain the oases is going to be tonight.
Avaril the Average: It’s very wet. You should join me! Except you Eilir. Your affliction is unfortunate and you have my deepest sympathies.
Bo-Taar: wow.
Æthelmyr: That way, we go there, set an ambush, and wait.
David (Bo-Taar): wow.
Æthelmyr: Impressed, Bo-Taar?
Keah (Eilir): lol i was gonna say. don’t encourage him!
Eilir: I’m not afflicted!
Avaril the Average: Yes you are.
Xenia: She doesn’t tell you what to do. She just helps you know if your decisions would be wise, Aethelmyr. I can’t just ask!
Avaril the Average points at her arm.
Æthelmyr: Oh.
Sam (Xenia): right, peter? I interpreted that right? cause if she can tell us, I am in.
Eilir: It’s just shiny! And not as soft… An a slightly different colour…
DM: you’re correct
Xenia: So what courses of action could we take?
Eilir: Oh! It’s kind of like Æthelmyr’s!
Avaril the Average: Yes, and it’s incredibly unattractive and also I’m sorry for your loss, I had hoped you could live a long and… Long life.
Xenia: stay here, go to the most recent dried oases, or try tracking again.
Keah (Eilir): I just listed a bunch. but i was talked over.
Sam (Xenia): you did indeed.
Avaril the Average: Someone get my back. It’s behind me.
Campaign saved.
Xenia: I think we should go to the oases and try tracking again.
Xenia: what do you all think?
Eilir: Maybe we should try a different oasis this time.
Xenia: That seems smart.
Æthelmyr: We’ve got a dozen to choose from, can you only ask Ehlonna about a certain one?
Xenia: correct.
Keah (Eilir): There are only a few oases. There are a dozen bandit holes.
Bo-Taar: We could try visiting dried up oases, looking for tracks. How many dried oases are nearby?
Eilir: That would be a question for Sarshan.
Eilir: But he only told us about three being drained.
Keah (Eilir): i feel like we’re missing something important somewhere… i just can’t figure out what. DX
Sam (Xenia): this oasis is super healthy. maybe sarshan is stealing all the water.
Keah (Eilir): that thought has crossed my mind.
Sam (Xenia): I was just trying to imagine if this was a movie, what the twist would be.
Keah (Eilir): oh, it would definitely be sarshan. or bo-taar.
Sam (Xenia): haha.
Campaign saved.
Æthelmyr: You could ask Ehlonna if we it would be wise to retrace our steps from yesterday.
Keah (Eilir): david’s not even defending himself. >.> must be him.
Eilir: Or ask if going to the next-closest one would be fruitful.
Æthelmyr: If yes, we missed something. If no, we make a new plan.
ElectricCaveman: Could be Denzil. Kalyn mysteriously disappeared…
Keah (Eilir): with isaac.
Keah (Eilir): oh, you mean kalyn himself?
Xenia: okay, I will seek guidance. Should we visit the drained oases seeking leads to the artifact?
Xenia seats herself and begins meditating.
Eilir watches intently.
DM: The spell has material and focus components.
Keah (Eilir): borrow them form sarshan.
Sam (Xenia): my spell sheet doesn’t list them.
DM: I’ll assume for this one that Sarshan gave you what you needed.
Keah (Eilir): material and focus components are always at the bottom of the description, FFR, sam.
Sam (Xenia): okay. Do I have a spell component pouch? is that not waht I need?
Keah (Eilir): these have value, so that wouldn’t work.
Sam (Xenia): I mean I do have a pouch. oh. value.
[TOWER] GM -> [1d100 = 91]
Campaign saved.
Avaril the Average relaxes in the water.
Avaril the Average: It’s so relaxing.
DM: You say a long prayer to Ehlonna, while meditating with incense. You cast the carefully carved sticks before you and examine them. You determine that it is likely that visiting the oases can lead you to your goal.
Bo-Taar: Which one should we go to first?
Eilir: Let’s go to a different one first. We can look at the one we’ve already been to later.
Bo-Taar: I agree
Xenia: That sounds good.
Æthelmyr: We should roll some dice to determine.
Xenia stands, working the kinks out of her back as she does so.
Æthelmyr: If we had lucky dice, we’d surely get a good result.
Eilir: Or flip a coin. There are two choices.
Eilir: Or we could go to the nearest of the two we haven’t been to yet.
Æthelmyr: Is it a lucky coin?
Eilir: Does it need to be?
Æthelmyr: Yes.
Sam (Xenia): Lets go to the nearest one first.
Eilir: Why?
Æthelmyr: Because if it’s unlucky, we’ll make the wrong choice.
Sam (Xenia): oops
Avaril the Average: Xenia, you have some mastery over the elements, correct?
Xenia: Lets go to the nearest one first.
Eilir: Agreed.
Avaril the Average: Xenia?
Xenia: I can mitigate extreme heat and cold, by the grace of Ehlonna.
Campaign saved.
Xenia: Why?
Avaril the Average walks up to Xenia.
Avaril the Average: Right. Dry me.
Eilir: You know he’s goign to ask you for something stupid, right?
Xenia looks at Avaril with mistrust.
Xenia: I should have known. And I am not wasting a spell on your skinny behind. Go get a towel.
Avaril the Average: There are none. Dry me.
Xenia: its the desert. You’ll dry.
Eilir heads off toward wherever the camels are.
Bo-Taar: The sun should dry you in minutes.
ElectricCaveman: You should have prepared prestidigitation. Then you could dry yourself.
Keah (Eilir): Or Unseen Servant.
ElectricCaveman: Get him a collar of constant attendance for his birthday.
Keah (Eilir): Even Mage Hand would work, but it would take a while.
Keah (Eilir): haha That would be a great gift for Avaril.
Avaril the Average: Very well.
Matt (Avaril the Average): And waste a cantrip!?
Matt (Avaril the Average): dingtest? Shit working?
Æthelmyr: Whatever, let’s just leave. He can follow us while drying.
Eilir is already with the camels.
Æthelmyr goes with Eilir.
Xenia makes sure she has all her stuff, then approaches her camel.
Matt (Avaril the Average): And waste a cantrip!?
Matt (Avaril the Average): Fucking internet…
Avaril the Average climbs atop a camel.
Avaril the Average: Shall we?
Eilir: Let’s go.
Eilir -> [SKILL] Survival [1d20+1 = 21]
Keah (Eilir): damngit
Eilir boldly leads the way into the desert on camelback. By noon, you spot one of the dried up oases.
Matt (Avaril the Average): DAMNGIT!
Keah (Eilir): i tried to type "dangit" but an M got in there, too.
Campaign saved.
ElectricCaveman: She really hates gits.
Eilir -> [SKILL] Spot [1d20+1 = 3]
Keah (Eilir): I do not see any movement over there.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Cuz you type ‘damn’ a lot. Curser. You curse a lot.
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Search [1d20+7 = 16]
Æthelmyr: Hopefully we can find some sign of… something.
Keah (Eilir): isn’t search for close inspection?
DM: Search is for deliberately looking. Spot is for just noticing.
Keah (Eilir): oh. so i would have searched for movement in the oasis as we approached?
Keah (Eilir): that would be a 4.
Keah (Eilir): brb
User ‘Keah’ has gone AFK.
Denzil -> [SKILL] Search [1d20+6 = 15]
DM: Aethelmyr and Denzil find evidence of a large group of humanoids having been here in the past few days.
Æthelmyr: Excellent, I found something!
Campaign saved.
Keah (Eilir): back.
Æthelmyr: Which way did they go?
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Survival [1d20+1 = 5]
Denzil -> [SKILL] Search [1d20+6 = 12]
Avaril the Average -> [SKILL] Gather Information [1d20 = 17]
Denzil -> [SKILL] Survival [1d20+3 = 20]
ElectricCaveman: I clicked the wrong one. Too many S skills…
Keah (Eilir): lolwoops.
Matt (Avaril the Average): I did not.
DM: Despite a very intense interrogation, Avaril is unable to get any useful information from a sunbathing sand lizard. Fortunately, Denzil is able to find the path the group took to leave the oasis.
Campaign saved.
Æthelmyr: Avaril, aren’t you dry yet?
Avaril the Average: Do I look dry?
dublish (Æthelmyr): Peter, does he look dry?
DM: yes
Keah (Eilir): if we’ve been travelling for a while in the sun, he should be dry.
Æthelmyr: Yes.
Eilir: Let’s follow those tracks.
Avaril the Average: Well I don’t feel dry. And it’s comfortable. And look at my skin, it’s a nice shade darker already.
Eilir: Would you at least put on some pants?
Keah (Eilir): unless he’s wearing pants. then that isn’t said.
Avaril the Average: I have only that robe unless you’d like to lend me some of yours.
Keah (Eilir): i drew you with pants. >.>
Avaril the Average points at the camel.
Eilir: Let’s follow those tracks.
Avaril the Average: Let us indeed.
Avaril the Average climbs atop the camel again, ready to charge headlong into the first sign of trouble.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Cue plot.
Campaign saved.
Keah (Eilir): i am downstairs watching my folks play boomblox. it’s entertaining.
DM: Denzil tracks the tracks for many miles. After some time, you begin to suspect that you have joined the path you followed yesterday. Your suspicions are confirmed when you see a familiar rocky outcroping.
Matt (Avaril the Average): I see. Should be playing D&D. : /
Matt (Avaril the Average): : </font>
%{color:green}Matt (Avaril the Average): : p

Avaril the Average: WELL DAMNIT! WE’VE KILLED THEM ALL ALREADY!
Bo-Taar: This looks familiar…
Eilir: Let’s have another look in the cave, since we’re here.
Æthelmyr: SEARCH EVERYTHING!
Eilir: Are there any other entrances around?
Eilir -> [SKILL] Search [1d20+2 = 20]
Xenia -> [SKILL] Search [1d20+1 = 20]
Bo-Taar -> [SKILL] Search [1d20+1 = 8]
‘Matt’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
‘Matt’ reconnected
Avaril the Average: I don’t know. Why don’t you look for them?
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Search [1d20+7 = 9]
DM: You do not find any other entrances, but you do find the footprints of three humanoids leading away in another direction.
Sam (Xenia): I search for another entrance, an escape hatch, signs of life. Anything pointing ot recent humanoid activity.
Sam (Xenia): oh. little late there. sorry.
Eilir: Hey! Have a look at this!
Avaril the Average: Hold on, I need to get dressed.
Avaril the Average -> [SKILL] Use Robe [MOD:DEX] [1d20+6 = 10]
Eilir: I was mostly talking to Denzil…
ElectricCaveman: lol pun
Xenia: But thank you for clothing yourself.
Æthelmyr: It’s about time.
Avaril the Average: You’re welcome I allowed you to bask in my glory.
Xenia: I bet he develops a sunburn in a few hours.
Campaign saved.
Eilir: I’ll bet you a copper he doesn’t, just to spite you.
Bo-Taar: …glory, eh?
Xenia: Haha. Alright, you are on.
Æthelmyr: Don’t you start, too.
Sam (Xenia): so lets track those guys!
Keah (Eilir): yes! denzil! use track!
Avaril the Average: Well then our healer would have to apply some salve or such wouldn’t she?
Avaril the Average stares hard at Xenia.
Matt (Avaril the Average): : |
Denzil -> [SKILL] Survival [1d20+3 = 9]
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Survival [1d20+1 = 17]
Sam (Xenia): I guess we didn’t search around the cave last time. whoops.
Bo-Taar -> [SKILL] Survival [1d20+9 = 17]
Keah (Eilir): "take this jar of salve and apply it to their wounds"
Æthelmyr runs into the cave, grabs her longbow, and returns.
Keah (Eilir): Oh right. XD
Sam (Xenia): hahah
Eilir: Anyone in there?
Matt (Avaril the Average): Fucking lag made that happen 3 minutes after I fucking said it.
Matt (Avaril the Average): LAGCHECK
Matt (Avaril the Average): Oh good, finally done with that shit. For now. : </font>
%{color:black}DM: Denzil has more trouble following the tracks this time, but with help, he leads you all following the new trail.

Campaign saved.
DM: The going is slower, with three people stopping to check the tracks instead of one, but you proceed onward into the dusk, when you abruptly lose any sign of the trail continuing.
Æthelmyr: Huh.
Keah (Eilir): As in the tracks are completely gone?
Avaril the Average sprouts wings and flies into the sun exploding into a supernova that wipes all dinosaur-esque life on three nearby planets and populating the solar system with a plant that only asks rhetorical questions that they constantly press for answers for.
DM: As in, they can’t find any more signs of their passing beyond here.
Keah (Eilir): And we’re out in the middle of nowhere, yes?
DM: Here is a low dune that looks like every other low dune you’ve passed all day.
Eilir -> [SKILL] Search [1d20+2 = 19]
Æthelmyr: Maybe they sprouted wings and flew…?
Eilir: I poke at the dune with my longbow.
Avaril the Average -> [SKILL] Dune Check (Spice) [MOD:WIS] [1d20+6 = 8]
Avaril the Average: Well I suppose we should make camp for the evening.
Avaril the Average: Everyone enjoy your watches.
Eilir: If we buried him in the sand, how long do you think it would take to mummify his body?
Campaign saved.
[w] -> Eilir: On the leeward side of the dune, you find a large tarp that has had sand adhered to its whole surface. Other than making it heavy, it also made it an effective way to conceal a low stone cliff topped by the dune. There is a sizable cleft in the stone, some three feet wide.
Avaril the Average: I would drag you with me, kicking and screaming. You’re clearly unwell anyway.
Avaril the Average points at Eilir’s arm.
Eilir (whispering): Hey guys! Come check this out.
Æthelmyr: ?
Avaril the Average: What?
Eilir (whispering): Quietly.
Xenia walks over.
Avaril the Average: No.
Avaril the Average struts over.
Xenia quietly
Eilir lifts up a tarp hidden under the sand to expose an openin in a stone cliff beneat hthe dune.
Eilir (whispering): Æthelmyr? Would you like to go first?
Avaril the Average: Good job, we can make camp safe from the elements. And sand. The sand is what I worry about. Sand.
Æthelmyr nods and goes first.
Eilir: Idraw my sickle and shield.
Matt (Avaril the Average): In the sand?
Keah (Eilir): no…
Keah (Eilir): um… tokens… what?
Keah (Eilir): on the generic combat map.
Campaign saved.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Those have been there for two weeks.
Keah (Eilir): I never saw them before.
[w] -> Æthelmyr: You proceed through a tight passage in the rock, going steadily downward. A ways in, you hear several voices arguing in a language you are not familiar with.
Keah (Eilir): are we waiting on a map, or… ?
Æthelmyr -> [CAST] Comprehend Languages
Keah (Eilir): Wait… what’s going on?
Avaril the Average -> [SKILL] Spellcraft [1d20+10 = 22]
dublish (Æthelmyr): Uh, I do the vocal component very quietly…
[w] -> Æthelmyr: One voice is berating the other two for incompetence of some sort. The other two deny it vehemently, one points out that he kept ‘them’ from finding ‘it’, but both are obviously cowed to some degree by the first.
Æthelmyr -> [CAST] See Invisibility
Æthelmyr -> [CAST] Invisibility
dublish (Æthelmyr): Wrong one!
Campaign saved.
Æthelmyr creeps forward.
Avaril the Average just creeps.
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Move Silently [1d20+11 = 17]
Eilir: She’s sure taking a while.
Matt (Avaril the Average): What? She just… Started?
Keah (Eilir): i expected her to just go have a quick look and tell us if it’s empty or not, not wander around casting spells and stuff.
[w] -> Æthelmyr: You slip further through the jagged stone corridor. After another fourty feet or so, the narrow rift you’ve been following opens into a small cave. Inside, a large bugbear is yelling at a hobgoblin and a human. All three are armed and armored. Other than that, they have only a fairly small bundle each and a medium-sized barrel.
Æthelmyr quickly makes her way back to the entrance.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Are you still invisible?
Keah (Eilir): oh yeah. that’s kind of important.
Æthelmyr (whispering): I’m invisible and there’s a bugbear, a hobgoblin, and a human down there arguing. Let’s kill them!
Eilir: Alright, let’s go.
Campaign saved.
Æthelmyr rushes back down the corridor.
Keah (Eilir): how dark is it in there?
Bo-Taar: I follow Aethelmyr, hammer in hand
Avaril the Average: I can’t wait.
DM: Black.
Avaril the Average: I want to kill one a lot.
DM: And the corridor is too narrow and twisting to really rush.
Keah (Eilir): great.
dublish (Æthelmyr): So I’m probably not going to be invisible when I get back?
Eilir: Avaril, light my shield, will you?
Avaril the Average: I haven’t any flint and steel.
Eilir: Don’t you have a Light spell?
Avaril the Average: Oh, yes I do.
Eilir: Please cast it on my shield?
Avaril the Average lights Eilir’s butt.
Avaril the Average: Sorry what?
Avaril the Average -> [CAST] Light
Keah (Eilir): you can’t light my butt, matt. it’s not an object.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Your pants then.
dublish (Æthelmyr): But it’s being objectified.
Keah (Eilir): Hold on. I need to look up the mods for a shield bash.
Avaril the Average backs up.
Eilir: Dismiss it. NOW.
Avaril the Average Not to avoid a shield bash but to admire his work.
Avaril the Average: Then you won’t have any light…
Eilir: Yeah, I will.
ElectricCaveman: Without special training (feats), shield bash is just like two-weapon fighting.
ElectricCaveman: Heavy shields are one-handed weapons.
Avaril the Average: Oh?
Eilir: I have several options. Your spell would have been more convenient, but you had to be an asshole.
ElectricCaveman: If you use only your shield to attack, it’s like a regular off-hand attack (only add half strength to damage)
Eilir: So dismiss it. I’ll light a torch or something.
Xenia: Okay, lets move on here, please. Avaril, de-light her butt. Eilir, I can ilght the shield.
Campaign saved.
dublish (Æthelmyr): OK, I’m definitely not invisible anymore.
Xenia: Aethelmyr and botaar are halfway down that tunnel.
DM: Place yo’selves.
DM: And Denzil.
Avaril the Average: Well I would have if you were more polite about it but you’re insulting me and being rather harsh about it.
Sam (Xenia): I imagined that in the voice of Morgan Freeman
Eilir: I did say please. I tried to be nice so you wouldn’t do something like this. But nooooo.
Avaril the Average: You did not say please to dismissing it.
Eilir: Please dismiss it?
Avaril the Average: Very well.
Eilir: I light a torch and hold it in my shield hand.
Avaril the Average pokes Eilir’s backside with his staff several times, completely needlessly.
Avaril the Average dismisses buttlight.
Keah (Eilir): I believe we are placed.
Matt (Avaril the Average): There’s no penalty to me going into combat without my robe on. It doesn’t give me any armor bonus anyway…
Keah (Eilir): You already put your robe on.
ElectricCaveman: I should make a hippie monk who never wears clothes.
dublish (Æthelmyr): That’s taking Vow of Poverty awful seriously.
Matt (Avaril the Average): I am aware. But I could easily disrobe. It’s like, tug, drop.
Keah (Eilir): Whatever. Let’s just play.
Matt (Avaril the Average): : p
Æthelmyr -> [INIT] [1d20+4 = 18]
Eilir: [INIT] [1d20+2 = 6]
Xenia -> [INIT] [1d20+1 = 16]
Bo-Taar -> [INIT] [1d20+2 = 21]
Campaign saved.
DM: The three persons in the cave ahead are still arguing, rather loudly, in what is presumably the Goblin tongue.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Bo-Taar first?
Avaril the Average -> [INIT] [1d20+2 = 20]
Bo-Taar: so.. light situation…. can i see?
David (Bo-Taar): whoops
DM: I can’t keep straight who has what light source going right now, but you cannot see without one.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Someone has a torch.
Keah (Eilir): I have a torch. Kyle has darkvision.
ElectricCaveman: I know kyle does. But david doesn’t.
Keah (Eilir): right.
Bo-Taar: yes i do
David (Bo-Taar): dang it
David (Bo-Taar): i have a torch
David (Bo-Taar): not dark vision
ElectricCaveman: right
Keah (Eilir): you have to light the torch. just having it in your invo doesn’t do anything.
Matt (Avaril the Average): I have a crossbow.
David (Bo-Taar): right, so light as my action then walk basically?
Matt (Avaril the Average): If we lit the bolts we could have aggressive torches.
DM: okay
DM: Actually, lighting a torch is a full-round action
Campaign saved.
DM: But since they’re still, presumably, unaware, combat and therefore rounds are not happening strictly yet.
David (Bo-Taar): and a dropped torch still casts light correct?
DM: yes
Æthelmyr is impatient, so she steps farther out.
Keah (Eilir): I’ve got torches taken care of when we actually get into combat.
Bo-Taar: so i just light my torch and walk forward a bit while they were arguing about Eilirs butt
DM: Aethelmyr can see them from there.
Æthelmyr -> [CAST] Glitterdust [at Human]
Æthelmyr -> [CAST] Glitterdust [at Bugbear]
Æthelmyr -> [CAST] Glitterdust [at Hobgoblin ]
Human -> [SAVE] Will [VS DC 17] [RM] [SUCCESS] [1d20 = 17]
Bugbear -> [SAVE] Will [VS DC 17] [RM] [FAILURE] [1d20+2 = 7]
Hobgoblin -> [SAVE] Will [VS DC 17] [RM] [FAILURE] [1d20-1 = 9]
Sam (Xenia): Wow. Your character really is a teenage dragon-girl. Glitterdust, indeed.
Keah (Eilir): haha
Æthelmyr does not giggle, but she really wants to.
DM: And thus begins the surprise round.
[TURN] Bo-Taar
Keah (Eilir): You get one action.
DM: Attack action or move action.
DM: I’m guessing you want to move.
[TURN] Denzil
Keah (Eilir): You can also shout at them. Talking is a free action.
Keah (Eilir): If you want.
[TURN] Avaril the Average
Bo-Taar: RAAAAAAAARRRRRRR
Sam (Xenia): david and I just pretended to yell as bo-taar ran in. And the cats ran out of the room.
Keah (Eilir): XD
Sam (Xenia): well, we actually yelled.
[TURN] Bugbear
Campaign saved.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Animal cruelty.
Matt (Avaril the Average): I’m calling NAMBLA on you.
Effect [‘Blinded’] -> [to Bugbear] [by Æthelmyr]
Effect [‘Blinded’] -> [to Hobgoblin ] [by Æthelmyr]
Keah (Eilir): you maybe should’ve started with aethelmyr…
[TURN] Æthelmyr
[TURN] Xenia
David (Bo-Taar): if an enemy is blinded and i walk by them do they get an AOO?
dublish (Æthelmyr): I would like to know that as well.
[TURN] Eilir
DM: no
[TURN] Human
[TURN] Hobgoblin
[ROUND 1]
[TURN] Bo-Taar
Bo-Taar: I drop my torch on the way to the human
Bo-Taar: [2d6 = 6]
Bo-Taar: I RAAAAAAGE
Bo-Taar -> Rage! - rage effects
Effect [‘STR: 4; CON: 4; SAVE: 2 WILL; AC: -2’] [D:9] -> [to Bo-Taar]
Bo-Taar -> [ATTACK (M)] Adamantine Goliath Greathammer (Large) [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+14 = 33]
Attack [33] -> [at Human] [HIT]
Bo-Taar -> [DAMAGE (M)] Adamantine Goliath Greathammer (Large) [MULT:1.5] [EFFECTS +3] [TYPE: bludgeoning(x4)] [3d6+13 = 20]
Damage [20] -> [to Human] [DEAD]
Campaign saved.
[TURN] Denzil
Keah (Eilir): You totally need those lucky dice. XD
ElectricCaveman: Okay. For future reference: If you click on the little d20 symbol at the end of the ‘Rage!’ line, it shows the effects. If you double-click the effect, it applies it.
David (Bo-Taar): ohhhh good to know
Keah (Eilir): so is bo-taar done?
David (Bo-Taar): yeah i clicked done
Keah (Eilir): i missed that, evidently.
Denzil -> [ATTACK (R)] +1 Elvencraft Composite Longbow (-4) [1d20+5 = 7]
Attack [7] -> [at Hobgoblin ] [DEF EFFECTS -3] [MISS]
DM: He missed a blind hobgoblin…
[TURN] Avaril the Average
David (Bo-Taar): wow…
Keah (Eilir): from almost point-blank.
Sam (Xenia): we can’t all be like you, Bo-Taar. Smushing humans to a bloody pulp with one blow. Show-off.
Matt (Avaril the Average): What’s the penalty to try and fire a crossbow directly into its head? It’s blinded so I figure it’d be easier but also hard…
Matt (Avaril the Average): And does that do anything to my damage?
Campaign saved.
User ‘Keah’ has gone AFK.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Are blinded creatures denied their DEX bonus to AC?
DM: You can attack it as normal without penalty. There’s no specific rules for picking a target like that in 3.5. If you want to specifically attack its head, it would get the size bonus to its ac (a head is tiny). I don’t know what the benefit would be.
Matt (Avaril the Average): I’m just going to hit it with my quarterstaff instead of get into rulehell.
DM: Automatically a crit seems to good. How about automatically a crit threat?
Avaril the Average -> [ATTACK (M)] Quarterstaff [1d20+3 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at Hobgoblin ] [DEF EFFECTS -3] [HIT]
ElectricCaveman: *too good
Avaril the Average -> [DAMAGE (M)] Quarterstaff [MULT:1.5] [TYPE: bludgeoning] [1d6+1 = 7]
Damage [7] -> [to Hobgoblin ] [HEAVY DAMAGE]
[TURN] Bugbear
DM: [1d8 = 4]
Effect [‘STR: 4; CON: 4; SAVE: 2 WILL; AC: -2’] -> [to Bugbear]
David (Bo-Taar): bugbear rage?
Keah (Eilir): bugbears can be barbarians.
DM: The bugbear bellows in fury. He swings a greataxe down hard several feet to the right of Aethelmyr.
[TURN] Æthelmyr
dublish (Æthelmyr): Are blinded creatures denied their DEX bonus to AC?
DM: yes
Campaign saved.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Now if only I had a spell that I wanted to hit him with.
Æthelmyr -> [ATTACK (M)] Mwk Rapier [CRIT 18] [1d20+5 = 13]
Attack [13] -> [at Bugbear] [DEF EFFECTS -4] [MISS]
Æthelmyr -> [ATTACK (M)] Claws (secondary) [1d20-1 = 14]
Attack [14] -> [at Bugbear] [DEF EFFECTS -4] [MISS]
Æthelmyr -> [ATTACK (M)] Tail slap [1d20-1 = 6]
Attack [6] -> [at Bugbear] [DEF EFFECTS -4] [MISS]
[TURN] Xenia
Xenia: I move and draw my quarterstaff.
[TURN] Eilir
DM: Well, I suppose since you know he’s a barbarian now, you know the bugbear has uncanny dodge and is still not denied dex. But normally, blinded characters are.
Keah (Eilir): I counted twice. That should be 60ft.
[TURN] Human
[TURN] Hobgoblin
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Longsword [CRIT 19] [TOTAL CONC] [BLINDED] [EFFECTS] [1d20+2 = 13]
Attack [13] -> [at Avaril the Average] [MISS] [MISS CHANCE 50%]
[ROUND 2]
[TURN] Bo-Taar
dublish (Æthelmyr): Only if he’s got more than one level of barbarian. But yes.
Campaign saved.
David (Bo-Taar): hmmm if they’re blind, is that sporting? maybe i should grapple them or something?
Keah (Eilir): what do you think? that sort of thing i smore up to you than anyone else.
ElectricCaveman: They were blinded by your ally’s clever ambush, so I wouldn’t automatically say it is.
Keah (Eilir): that’s a good point.
Sam (Xenia): that was a clever ambush.
Avaril the Average: Either kill it, or back off. Don’t make this harder for me or I’ll…
Avaril the Average: Think… Less of you… Big man…
ElectricCaveman: It’s a tactic. It’s up to you whether it is an unsporting one. But you’re not cheating outright or anything.
Keah (Eilir): Don’t forget that he’s raging.
David (Bo-Taar): I’m going to grapple the bugbear…
Matt (Avaril the Average): Yeah, so you may not be able to think in sporting terms.
Bo-Taar -> [GRAPPLE] [EFFECTS +2] [at Bugbear] [1d20+17 = 21]
Keah (Eilir): i meant you shouldn’t become the target of his rage.
Keah (Eilir): good grief!
Keah (Eilir): also, that’s not how you grapple…
Keah (Eilir): touch attack first, then opposed grapple checks.
DM: [GRAPPLE] [BLINDED] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+11 = 18]
David (Bo-Taar): oh
David (Bo-Taar): well ive never grappled
DM: Yes, melee touch attack first. But if you hit, you’ll succeed.
Keah (Eilir): grapple has a page and a half of rules. you might take a look at it later, but it’s really fairly straightforward.
Sam (Xenia): touch is just base attack? I can’t remember.
Keah (Eilir): we started using it, so i think matt, kyle, peter and i are pretty familiar with them. XD
Keah (Eilir): no, melee attack. BAB + STR
Sam (Xenia): you guys should not assume he knows what is going on because I am nearby. I do not know.
Keah (Eilir): +1 for lucky dice.
dublish (Æthelmyr): +4 BAB, +6 STR, +2 rage STR, +4? for being treated as large?
dublish (Æthelmyr): I’m losing count.
Keah (Eilir): is he treated as large?
Bo-Taar -> [ATTACK (M)] Melee attack [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+13 = 20]
Campaign saved.
DM: Bo-taar is.
Keah (Eilir): oh. okay.
Keah (Eilir): so the hobgoblin is grappled?
David (Bo-Taar): bugbear
dublish (Æthelmyr): After the melee touch attack, they make opposed grapple checks.
Keah (Eilir): oh.
DM: yes
Keah (Eilir): they already made their checks.
David (Bo-Taar): woohoo so i’m grappling him now?
ElectricCaveman: Yep. There is a relatively succinct explanation of what you can do next in grapple in the srd.
David (Bo-Taar): ok
David (Bo-Taar): but my turn is over?
DM: yes
[TURN] Denzil
Keah (Eilir): it’s ranged that has a 50/50 chance, right? and melee is just whoever you want to attack?
Denzil -> [ATTACK (M)] Mwk Elvencraft Longbow [FF] [1d20+6 = 16]
Attack [16] -> [at Hobgoblin ] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [HIT]
DM: Right.
Keah (Eilir): okay.
Denzil -> [DAMAGE (M)] Mwk Elvencraft Longbow [MULT:1.5] [TYPE: bludgeoning] [1d6+1 = 3]
Damage [3] -> [to Hobgoblin ] [DYING]
DM: Denzil thwacks the hobgoblin with his heavy bow, and knocks it unconscious.
[TURN] Avaril the Average
Avaril the Average: ALRIGHT BO-TAAR! LET’S DO THIS!
Campaign saved.
Keah (Eilir): You gonna join thegrapple? XD
Avaril the Average -> [ATTACK (M)] Melee attack [1d20+3 = 7]
Matt (Avaril the Average): Nope.
[TURN] Bugbear
DM: [GRAPPLE] [BLINDED] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+11 = 28]
DM: Bo-taar, make opposed grapple
Sam (Xenia): oooh goodness.
Bo-Taar -> [GRAPPLE] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+17 = 34]
Keah (Eilir): yep. anytime you want to do something in grapple, it’s opposed checks.
Keah (Eilir): lulz
Bo-Taar: Not today, bugbear!
DM: The bugbear tries to slam Bo-taar, but can’t get leverage.
[TURN] Æthelmyr
Avaril the Average: Everyone pile on.
Keah (Eilir): don’t forget we’re flanking. i think.
Avaril the Average: We will destroy it by crushing it to death.
Æthelmyr -> [ATTACK (M)] Melee attack [TOUCH] [1d20+4 = 18]
Keah (Eilir): you can join a grapple for free.
Æthelmyr -> [GRAPPLE] [1d20+4 = 8]
dublish (Æthelmyr): :(
David (Bo-Taar): dogpile on bugbear?
Keah (Eilir): unless you’re trying to grapple avaril.
DM: You still have to make the grapple check, but your touch attack automatically succeeds.
DM: [GRAPPLE] [BLINDED] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+11 = 31]
Keah (Eilir): oh! okay.
[TURN] Xenia
Matt (Avaril the Average): Wait, would mine have automatically succeeded?
DM: The bugbear elbows Aethelmyr away when she tries to grab him.
DM: Oh, I thought you just attacked it normally. Yes, it did.
DM: Roll grapple to join in.
Avaril the Average -> [GRAPPLE] [1d20+3 = 23]
DM: [GRAPPLE] [BLINDED] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+11 = 15]
Keah (Eilir): XD
DM: Avaril has joined the grapple.
Campaign saved.
Avaril the Average: YEEEAH! RIDE IT!
Matt (Avaril the Average): Okay, now it’s Xenia’s turn…
Avaril the Average: Hop on!
David (Bo-Taar): Everybodys doing it
Sam (Xenia): well, I’m not jumping on that business.
ElectricCaveman: It’s for men only.
Xenia: I go search the human for the artifact.
David (Bo-Taar): I have a bugbear in a headlock but now I don’t know what to do…
ElectricCaveman: Sausage party grapple.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Punch it.
Sam (Xenia): eeeeew
Xenia -> [SKILL] Search [1d20+1 = 14]
[TURN] Eilir
Avaril the Average: COME ON! IT’S FUN! LOOK!
Avaril the Average showboats in this grapple.
Keah (Eilir): so the bugbear keeps its DEX becdause it’s a Barb?
DM: Your basic options now, David, are to damage it with an unarmed attack (either as a melee attack or opposed grapple roll) or to try to pin him (which would make him flat-footed and harder for him to get away).
DM: yes
DM: Avaril is the only flat-footed one in that mess.
Eilir -> [ATTACK (M)] Magic Heavy Dragonfang Sickle (+2) [1d20+11 = 12]
Attack [12] -> [at Bugbear] [DEF EFFECTS -4] [AUTOMATIC MISS]
Keah (Eilir): Aw…
Keah (Eilir): I must be laughing or something.
David (Bo-Taar): Im gunna pin him then
[TURN] Hobgoblin
Eilir: What are you looking for, Xenia?
David (Bo-Taar): just roll grapple?
[ROUND 3]
[TURN] Bo-Taar
Xenia: the artifact!
Xenia: also I’m scared of that…pile!
Avaril the Average: Well stop it an get in on this! How many times will you get to ride a pissed off bugbear!?
Eilir: I’ll just Detect Magic on everything later.
Eilir: That pile is hilarious!
Avaril the Average: Yeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaw!
Xenia: its very funny. From over here!
Campaign saved.
Xenia: Go Bo-Taar, go Avaril! Ride the monster, woooo!
Bo-Taar -> [GRAPPLE] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+17 = 22]
DM: [GRAPPLE] [BLINDED] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+11 = 23]
Sam (Xenia): ruh roh
David (Bo-Taar): uh oh…
Keah (Eilir): he rolls a 5 and it’s STILL a decent check.
David (Bo-Taar): nooooooooo!!!
DM: You fail at your attempt.
Keah (Eilir): oh hey cool. my grapple mod is 8.
David (Bo-Taar): so.. did i let go? does he have me? whats the situation?
DM: No, you just fail in that attempt.
David (Bo-Taar): cool.
[TURN] Denzil
DM: The status quo is maintained.
Matt (Avaril the Average): You’re still deeply entwined in its arms…
Matt (Avaril the Average): kissykissy
Keah (Eilir): i think it’s probably in his.
David (Bo-Taar): Katheryn you need to draw this scene i think
ElectricCaveman: Indeed.
David (Bo-Taar): for the record, i have him in a headlock
Keah (Eilir): lol i’m terrible at drawing group scenes.
Keah (Eilir): and avaril is riding him… somehow…
ElectricCaveman: We’ll all get together and model it for a photo that you can work from.
Keah (Eilir): i might try it. i’m seriously considering it. i don’t need you to model. XD
Keah (Eilir): unless you make matt the bugbear.
ElectricCaveman: but… but…
ElectricCaveman: If Matt is the bugbear, then I’d have to be Avaril…
Keah (Eilir): you’re too tall to be a bugbear.
ElectricCaveman: Bugbears are big.
ElectricCaveman: Not Large, but big.
Keah (Eilir): i’ll just find some good references on the internet of wrestling or something.
Keah (Eilir): any pictures of our adventures will probably be doodles, but i have time to do them now, so i might.
Keah (Eilir): anyway, we can discuss this later. what is denzil doing?
Sam (Xenia): alright. Go Denzil! Join the rodeo!
ElectricCaveman: Oh, it’s my turn.
Keah (Eilir): i just had an idea. brb. getting a notebook.
Denzil -> [ATTACK (M)] Mwk Elvencraft Longbow [1d20+6 = 7]
Attack [7] -> [at Bugbear] [DEF EFFECTS -4] [AUTOMATIC MISS]
[TURN] Avaril the Average
Matt (Avaril the Average): Touch spell. How do I do it right now?
Campaign saved.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Can I freely get out of the grapple and make it easier for me?
Matt (Avaril the Average): I’m already holding him, I figure it wouldn’t be terribly difficult to just shout something, gesture, and boom.
DM: You’d have to win a grapple against the bugbear, unless it just lets you go. To cast in in grapple is a DC 20+spell level concentration check.
Matt (Avaril the Average): I will leave the grapple. But that’s a check, not free huh?
DM: Right.
Avaril the Average -> [GRAPPLE] [1d20+3 = 13]
Keah (Eilir): i don’t think you’ll win… he has to roll a 1.
DM: The bugbear does not try to prevent you from withdrawing from the grapple.
Matt (Avaril the Average): I’m aware. 20%.
DM: Does Bo-Taar?
Matt (Avaril the Average): Oh. Okay.
Avaril the Average: Jackass.
David (Bo-Taar): nope
Keah (Eilir): david! keep him in the grapple!
Sam (Xenia): david just thinks Avaril is a weenie now.
Matt (Avaril the Average): No no, I have an idea! Now how do I do a touch spell? Just a normal roll now?
Keah (Eilir): was that a move or standard action?
DM: Since it wasn’t resisted, just a move.
Keah (Eilir): okay.
DM: Normal touch spell stuff now, yes.
Avaril the Average -> [CAST] Ghoul Touch [at Bugbear]
Avaril the Average -> [ATTACK (M)] Ghoul Touch [TOUCH] [1d20+3 = 5]
Attack [5] -> [at Bugbear] [DEF EFFECTS -4] [MISS]
Bugbear -> [SAVE] Fortitude [VS DC 14] [EFFECTS +2] [FAILURE] [1d20+9 = 13]
Matt (Avaril the Average): FUCK!
Keah (Eilir): you miss.
Keah (Eilir): no ghoul touch for you.
[TURN] Bugbear
ElectricCaveman: ghoul touch. nice choice.
Matt (Avaril the Average): But it was going to sicken EVERYONE!
Matt (Avaril the Average): It would have been AMAZING!
Keah (Eilir): lol
Keah (Eilir): so would blade of blood have been on my fist, but the dice think otherwise.
Campaign saved.
DM: [GRAPPLE] [BLINDED] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+11 = 18]
DM: grapple, bo-taar
Bo-Taar -> [GRAPPLE] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+17 = 36]
[TURN] Æthelmyr
DM: The bugbear fails again to damage bo-taar.
Æthelmyr -> [GRAPPLE] [at Bugbear] [1d20+4 = 20]
Bo-Taar: You’re not going anywhere, pal!
DM: [GRAPPLE] [BLINDED] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+11 = 21]
[TURN] Xenia
Keah (Eilir): denied AGAIN.
Æthelmyr is getting frustrated.
DM: Aethelmyr grabs the bugbear, but the bugbear pushes her back with his foot.
Sam (Xenia): hahaha
Xenia: i’m probalby still searching.
Xenia: Keep trying, Aethelmyr!
DM: unless you choose to stop.
DM: There were three piles, so three rounds to search them all.
Sam (Xenia): okay, I’ll keep at it for 2 more rounds then.
Keah (Eilir): three piles? oh, that they were arguing over?
[TURN] Eilir
Eilir -> [ATTACK (M)] Magic Heavy Dragonfang Sickle (+2) [1d20+11 = 17]
Attack [17] -> [at Bugbear] [DEF EFFECTS -4] [HIT]
Eilir -> [DAMAGE (M)] Magic Heavy Dragonfang Sickle [TYPE: slashing,magic] [1d8+4 = 10]
Damage [10] -> [to Bugbear]
Eilir: +1
[TURN] Hobgoblin
[ROUND 4]
[TURN] Bo-Taar
Keah (Eilir): it would probably be a bad idea to use shocking grasp on someone in grapple…
ElectricCaveman: rules-wise, there’s no downside
David (Bo-Taar): i want to punch him
Campaign saved.
Keah (Eilir): oh yeah. i guess it’s just easier to hit a metal-wearing foe.
David (Bo-Taar): so grapple check first yes?
Keah (Eilir): i was thinking it did more damage.
Bo-Taar -> [GRAPPLE] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+17 = 25]
DM: You have two options. If you make an attack, it’s at -4, but only opposed by his AC. Or you can make a grapple check to damage him, no penalty, but opposed.
DM: [GRAPPLE] [BLINDED] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+11 = 14]
DM: You succeed.
User ‘Keah’ has gone AFK.
DM: Roll damage (1d3 + STR nonlethal)
Bo-Taar: +6 [1d6+6 = 12]
ElectricCaveman: only 9, actually.
David (Bo-Taar): its d6/2 is a d3 yes? noramlly
Sam (Xenia): so for 1d3, roll a d6, and 1-2=1, 3-4=2, 5-6=3?
David (Bo-Taar): ok
Matt (Avaril the Average): Right-click d6 and "custom dice."
dublish (Æthelmyr): Right click on the d6 to roll a d3.
Damage [12 NL] -> [to Bugbear]
Matt (Avaril the Average): For REAL numbers.
David (Bo-Taar): very cool
Sam (Xenia): thats cool! I didn’t know you could do that!
ElectricCaveman: d3 can be found under custom dice there.
[TURN] Denzil
ElectricCaveman: same with d2.
Denzil -> [ATTACK (M)] Mwk Elvencraft Longbow (Flanking +2) [1d20+8 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Bugbear] [DEF EFFECTS -4] [HIT]
Denzil -> [DAMAGE (M)] Mwk Elvencraft Longbow [MULT:1.5] [TYPE: bludgeoning] [1d6+1 = 4]
Damage [4] -> [to Bugbear]
[TURN] Avaril the Average
Matt (Avaril the Average): Ray. Do I flip to see who I hit if I hit?
DM: yes
Avaril the Average -> [CAST] Ray of Enfeeblement [at Bugbear]
Avaril the Average -> [ATTACK (R)] Ray of Enfeeblement [TOUCH] [1d20+4 = 7]
Attack [7] -> [at Bugbear] [DEF EFFECTS -4] [MISS]
Matt (Avaril the Average): Nevermind.
[TURN] Bugbear
DM: [GRAPPLE] [BLINDED] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+11 = 23]
Campaign saved.
DM: bo-taar?
Bo-Taar -> [GRAPPLE] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+17 = 21]
DM: [DAMAGE (M)] Unarmed [EFFECTS +2] [TYPE: nonlethal] [1d3+6 = 7]
Damage [7 NL] -> [to Bo-Taar]
David (Bo-Taar): oh no!
Effect [‘Blinded’] -> [EXPIRED] [on Bugbear]
Effect [‘Blinded’] -> [EXPIRED] [on Hobgoblin ]
[TURN] Æthelmyr
dublish (Æthelmyr): For a ranged spell, what’s my chance to hit?
DM: even odds you hit each person in the grapple
dublish (Æthelmyr): Touch attack succeeds automatically, right?
DM: only for grabbing to join the grapple
dublish (Æthelmyr): If I do a melee touch spell, is it still even odds to hit everyone?
DM: no, melee hits who you want
dublish (Æthelmyr): Sweet.
Æthelmyr -> [CAST] Touch of Idiocy [at Bugbear]
Æthelmyr -> [ATTACK (M)] Touch of Idiocy [TOUCH] [1d20+4 = 14]
Attack [14] -> [at Bugbear] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [HIT]
Æthelmyr: [1d6 = 1]
dublish (Æthelmyr): Fuck.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Bugbear takes 1 point of damage to INT WIS and CHA.
[TURN] Xenia
dublish (Æthelmyr): For 40 minutes.
Xenia: still looking, last round.
[TURN] Eilir
Campaign saved.
Keah (Eilir): sorry. dog needed out.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Eeeeeewwwwwwwww……
Keah (Eilir): you already have touch of idiocy?
Eilir -> [ATTACK (M)] Magic Heavy Dragonfang Sickle (+2) [1d20+11 = 24]
Attack [24] -> [at Bugbear] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [HIT]
Eilir -> [DAMAGE (M)] Magic Heavy Dragonfang Sickle [TYPE: slashing,magic] [1d8+4 = 9]
Damage [9] -> [to Bugbear]
dublish (Æthelmyr): And I’m not afraid to use it.
Matt (Avaril the Average): 50/50!
Eilir: +1
Matt (Avaril the Average): Don’t… You have to see who you hit first?
Keah (Eilir): what do you mean?
Matt (Avaril the Average): Grapple.
Keah (Eilir): melee
Matt (Avaril the Average): Oh.
[TURN] Hobgoblin
[ROUND 5]
[TURN] Bo-Taar
Keah (Eilir): i don’t get touch of idiocy until i get 2nd-level spells. : (
David (Bo-Taar): I’m going to try to punch him again
Bo-Taar -> [GRAPPLE] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+17 = 25]
Matt (Avaril the Average): You don’t have 2nd-level yet? You are so far behind the curve. JEEEEEEZ!
ElectricCaveman: Aethelmyr has second level spells. Beguiler is a full-level casting class.
DM: [GRAPPLE] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+11 = 29]
Keah (Eilir): yeah, i get 2nd-levels next level.
[TURN] Denzil
Denzil -> [ATTACK (M)] Mwk Elvencraft Longbow (Flanking +2) [1d20+8 = 26]
Attack [26] -> [at Bugbear] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [HIT]
Keah (Eilir): so i won’t make touch of idiocy a priority. or take it at all.
Denzil -> [DAMAGE (M)] Mwk Elvencraft Longbow [MULT:1.5] [TYPE: bludgeoning] [1d6+1 = 6]
Damage [6] -> [to Bugbear] [MODERATE DAMAGE]
ElectricCaveman: But you could stab someone stupid!
[TURN] Avaril the Average
Keah (Eilir): i know! that’s why it’s on my list of spells to take!
Avaril the Average -> [CAST] Touch of Fatigue [at Bugbear]
Bugbear -> [SAVE] Fortitude [VS DC 12] [EFFECTS +2] [SUCCESS] [1d20+9 = 18]
Keah (Eilir): but 2nd-level was the one where i had one more spell on my wishlist than i can learn, so… i might just skip it. we’ll see.
[TURN] Bugbear
Keah (Eilir): i wanna play this game now! i’ll cast Chill Touch.
DM: The glitterdust has worn off, and the bugbear barbarian can now see. It doesn’t improve his mood much.
Campaign saved.
DM: [GRAPPLE] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+11 = 28]
Bo-Taar -> [GRAPPLE] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+17 = 31]
[TURN] Æthelmyr
Æthelmyr -> [ATTACK (M)] Mwk Rapier [CRIT 18] [1d20+5 = 6]
Attack [6] -> [at Bugbear] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [AUTOMATIC MISS]
Æthelmyr -> [ATTACK (M)] Claws (secondary) [1d20-1 = 12]
Attack [12] -> [at Bugbear] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [MISS]
Æthelmyr -> [ATTACK (M)] Tail slap [1d20-1 = 17]
Attack [17] -> [at Bugbear] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [HIT]
Æthelmyr -> [DAMAGE (M)] Tail slap [MULT:0.5] [TYPE: bludgeoning] [1d6+1 = 7]
Damage [7] -> [to Bugbear]
[TURN] Xenia
DM: Don’t forget you’re flanking.
Keah (Eilir): i haven’t forgotten.
Xenia: I five-foot step over and swing with my quaterstaff
Xenia -> [ATTACK (M)] Magic Quarterstaff [1d20+6 = 22]
Attack [22] -> [at Bugbear] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [HIT]
[w] -> Xenia: in the three bundles, you found four various gems and several hundred gold pieces, as well as a bone-dry sea sponge.
Xenia -> [DAMAGE (M)] Magic Quarterstaff [MULT:1.5] [TYPE: bludgeoning] [1d6+3 = 6]
Damage [6] -> [to Bugbear]
[TURN] Eilir
Eilir -> [CAST] Chill Touch [at Bugbear]
Bugbear -> [SAVE] Fortitude [VS DC 13] [EFFECTS +2] [SUCCESS] [1d20+9 = 18]
Eilir -> [ATTACK (M)] Chill Touch [TOUCH] [1d20+8 = 19]
Attack [19] -> [at Bugbear] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [HIT]
Eilir -> [DAMAGE] Chill Touch [TYPE: spell] [1d6 = 3]
Keah (Eilir): I forgot to channel that through my weapon…
Keah (Eilir): ccan i roll attack?
DM: Eilir -> [DAMAGE] Chill Touch [TYPE: spell] [3]
Damage [3] -> [to Bugbear]
Keah (Eilir): or just add 1 for magic and compare it to its regular AC?
Campaign saved.
Keah (Eilir): because i meant to channel…
DM: sure, roll the weapon damage
Eilir -> [DAMAGE (M)] Magic Heavy Dragonfang Sickle [TYPE: slashing,magic] [1d8+4 = 7]
Damage [7] -> [to Bugbear] [HEAVY DAMAGE]
Keah (Eilir): +1 more cold
Keah (Eilir): this thing is beefy. sheesh.
[TURN] Hobgoblin
[ROUND 6]
[TURN] Bo-Taar
David (Bo-Taar): I try to elbow him in the face
Bo-Taar -> [GRAPPLE] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+17 = 37]
Keah (Eilir): tired of trying to punch him?
DM: [GRAPPLE] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+11 = 20]
Keah (Eilir): he can’t beat that.
DM: roll damage
Bo-Taar: +6 [1d3+6 = 9]
ElectricCaveman: was that a d3 or d6?
David (Bo-Taar): d3
Damage [9 NL] -> [to Bugbear]
[TURN] Denzil
Denzil -> [ATTACK (M)] Mwk Elvencraft Longbow (Flanking +2) [1d20+8 = 10]
Attack [10] -> [at Bugbear] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [MISS]
Keah (Eilir): is it unconscious yet?
[TURN] Avaril the Average
DM: nope
dublish (Æthelmyr): It’s too angry to be unconscious.
Avaril the Average -> [GRAPPLE] [at Bugbear] [1d20+3 = 8]
Keah (Eilir): lol
[TURN] Bugbear
DM: [GRAPPLE] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+11 = 15]
DM: It keeps Avaril from joining the grapple, then tries to withdraw itself from Bo-Taar.
DM: [GRAPPLE] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+11 = 20]
Keah (Eilir): DON’T LET HIM ESCAPE!
Bo-Taar -> [GRAPPLE] [EFFECTS +2] [1d20+17 = 20]
Keah (Eilir): wow.
Campaign saved.
DM: Bo-taar manages to reel the bugbear back just in time.
[TURN] Æthelmyr
Avaril the Average: If you let him escape we can kill him faster. With death.
Bo-Taar: Get back here You!
Æthelmyr -> [ATTACK (M)] Mwk Rapier [CRIT 18] (Flanking +2) [1d20+7 = 25]
Attack [25] -> [at Bugbear] [DEF EFFECTS -2] [CRITICAL THREAT]
Æthelmyr -> [ATTACK (M)] Mwk Rapier [CRIT 18] (Flanking +2) [CONFIRM] [1d20+7 = 20]
Attack [20] -> [at Bugbear] [CRITICAL HIT]
Sam (Xenia): well done!
Æthelmyr -> [DAMAGE (M)] Mwk Rapier [CRITICAL] [TYPE: piercing] [1d6+1g6+4 = 11]
Damage [11] -> [to Bugbear] [UNCONSCIOUS]
Matt (Avaril the Average): I CALL THE COUP!
Sam (Xenia): grappling: fun. but slow.
Æthelmyr: FINALLY.
Avaril the Average: I’ll handle it from here Bo-Taar. You no longer need to exhaust yourself.
Keah (Eilir): It’s better if you’re specialised in grappling.
David (Bo-Taar): i should have just whapped him when i had the chance, but noooo i wanted to grapple lol
Eilir: I’m gonna go check out the dead hobgoblin.
ElectricCaveman: Effective, though. If you hadn’t grappled (or blinded, I suppose), you probably would have killed him faster, but he probably would have dealt more damage back.
dublish (Æthelmyr): It’s better if you have giant natural weapons that tear grappled things apart.
David (Bo-Taar): wrestle him, they said. more sportsmanlike, they said
David (Bo-Taar): oops, that was in bo-tars voice
Keah (Eilir): XD you kept the rest of us from taking damage single-handedly.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Like trashcrabs.
DM: The hobgoblin is still breathing, though probably not for long.
Keah (Eilir): you protected 5 people.
Eilir: We want to interrogate this guy? Or should I put him out of his misery?
Avaril the Average: I WILL DEAL WITH THIS!
dublish (Æthelmyr): Fucking trashcrabs.
Keah (Eilir): lol
Avaril the Average crushes the hobgoblin’s head.
Keah (Eilir): You deal with the bugbear first.
Bo-Taar: that was unnessisary.
Æthelmyr: Now what?
Matt (Avaril the Average): I did.
Eilir: He does that. He’s very good at making things more difficult than they need to be.
Xenia: I really hate it when you do that
Eilir: Pile up the loot?
Xenia: well, I found this wierd spongy thing.
Avaril the Average: Too bad. They’re bad, so they die.
Avaril the Average: See?
Æthelmyr: Is it magic?
Xenia: Bone dry. and It doens’t look like it belongs in the desert.
Avaril the Average holds up hobgoblin brains.
Avaril the Average: Want some?
Xenia: I haven’t checked yet.
Æthelmyr: Were they using a magic sponge to sponge up the ponds?
Eilir: I got it. Hold it up.
Eilir -> [CAST] Detect Magic
Xenia: Maybe. Here, Eilir.
Xenia lofts the sponge in the air.
Avaril the Average starts flinging brains in a sploppy mess all over the walls.
Campaign saved.
Avaril the Average: The sound they make when they hit is SO GREAT!
Avaril the Average: Try it!
Avaril the Average hands brains to Xenia.
Xenia drops them on Avarils head.
DM: The sponge has moderate magical aura.
Keah (Eilir): yay!
Eilir -> [SKILL] Spellcraft [1d20+9 = 24]
Avaril the Average: I already have some…
Sam (Xenia): yay!
Avaril the Average cave paints with brains.
Xenia: These look fresher.
[w] -> Eilir: it is transmutation magic.
Æthelmyr: Avaril…
Avaril the Average: There’s some for everyone if you want to join in. These are mine. Get your own.
Avaril the Average huddles away defensively.
Æthelmyr: It’s dead. You can stop now.
Avaril the Average: Is it!?
Eilir: Okay, so it’s got a moderate aura of transmutation. This seems to be it.
Avaril the Average props the hobgoblin up, grabs the jaw, and performs ventriloquism.
Avaril the Average: Whyyy!? Why did you kill me!?
Xenia: Great! So how do we make it give the water back?
Avaril the Average: We were just having an evil party in our evil cave!
Eilir: I sweep the rest of the room over the next 4 minutes, focusing on the three bodies.
Avaril the Average: It was the best party ever!
DM: In addition to the sponge and the creatures’ armor and weapons, you find 400 gold, and one stone each of obsidian, malachite, yellow topaz, and yellow corundum.
dublish (Æthelmyr): UMD check?
Eilir: Probably squeeze it. But let’s test that over one of the oasis beds.
Æthelmyr: Dibs on the malachite.
DM: The rest of their stuff is worn out and basically worthless.
Eilir: Let’s divide up the spoils.
Eilir: I’ll take the topaz then.
Avaril the Average divides up the brains.
Avaril the Average takes the obsidian.
Eilir pockets the topaz.
Xenia: Denzil, Bo-Taar…would either of you like the corundum?
Avaril the Average: Huh. We should test that thing out so that I may wash my hands. Because they’re covered in something sticky and wet.
Campaign saved.
Eilir: The gold is 66GP each, plus some extra. Give the extra to Xenia again?
Bo-Taar: I will take the corundum.
Keah (Eilir): Wait. Fractions. Not 66 each.
Æthelmyr: Or Avaril. I think he was coming up short for a while.
Keah (Eilir): I failed my math check.
Eilir: He’ll just use it to buy booze, though…
ElectricCaveman: Who got the obsidian?
Keah (Eilir): Matt.
Sam (Xenia): avaril
Avaril the Average: I have booze.
Matt (Avaril the Average): I have the obsidian.
Keah (Eilir): someone else math the coins. i need paper to do it, and none is handy.
ElectricCaveman: 400/6 is 66 with 4 remaining
Keah (Eilir): okay.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Everyone add 66 to your loot.
Keah (Eilir): 2 for avaril and 2 for xenia?
Keah (Eilir): David, we’ve been giving Xenia extra coins to buy healing potion materials and stuff.
ElectricCaveman: how many gold did everyone get earlier? kalyn didn’t add it to denzil.
David (Bo-Taar): kk
Keah (Eilir): i don’t remember. >.<
Keah (Eilir): and matt’s just poor.
Matt (Avaril the Average): I’m not poor, I’m economical.
Sam (Xenia): alright, east coast needs to go to bed. last wrap up?
Eilir: I just realised I still have a weapon crystal. I’ll stick it on my sickle.
Matt (Avaril the Average): EAST COAST CAN SUCK IT!
Campaign saved.
Matt (Avaril the Average): David, Sam, Pens @ Caps tomorrow. GO TO THIS GAME!
Keah (Eilir): they’re going skiiiiing
dublish (Æthelmyr): We solved the mystery of the disappearing water, everyone lived happily ever after, the heroes went to sleep.
Matt (Avaril the Average): No. Skiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing is stupid.
dublish (Æthelmyr): It’s Su[er Bowl Sunday, skiing is closed.
ElectricCaveman: This is a good stopping point. G’night, everybody!
Sam (Xenia): well, we were. But my tailbone is still hurting from last time. plus its going to snow. so we might not.
Keah (Eilir): g’night!
Sam (Xenia): goodnight!
Matt (Avaril the Average): Ha, tailbone.
Matt (Avaril the Average): : p
dublish (Æthelmyr): See everyone next week or whenever!
‘Matt’ disconnected
‘Keah’ disconnected
‘dublish’ disconnected

Session 23 Chat Log

The Legs of Lolth dublish