Session 22 Chat Log

Chat log started at 19.1.2013 / 10:40:56

3.5E v2.9.2 ruleset for Fantasy Grounds II.
Copyright 2012 Smiteworks USA, LLC.

Languages v2.5 Extension for FGII 3.5E ruleset by Tenian (converted to 3.5E by Trenloe & Callum). Copyright 2011 Smiteworks. This extension uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC, which are used under Paizo’s Community Use Policy. We are expressly prohibited from charging you to use or access this content. This extension is not published, endorsed, or specifically approved by Paizo Publishing. For more information about Paizo’s Community Use Policy, please visit paizo.com/communityuse. For more information about Paizo Publishing and Paizo products, please visit paizo.com.
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
‘Sam’ connected
Campaign saved.
‘Keah’ connected
‘Keah’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
‘David’ connected
‘Keah’ disconnected
‘Keah’ connected
Campaign saved.
Campaign saved.
‘dublish’ connected
‘Matt’ connected
Campaign saved.
‘dublish’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
‘Matt’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
‘dublish’ reconnected
‘Matt’ disconnected
‘Matt’ connected
Campaign saved.
‘Matt’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
‘dublish’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
‘dublish’ reconnected
‘Matt’ reconnected
‘dublish’ disconnected
‘Matt’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
Campaign saved.
‘Matt’ disconnected
‘dublish’ connected
‘Matt’ connected
Campaign saved.
‘Zero’ connected
Campaign saved.
‘Sam’ reconnected
Æthelmyr: Everyone’s here, let’s play!
Keah (Eilir): woo!
Campaign saved.
Last time on "The Legs of Lolth"…
DM: You all ended up chatting in an oasis by a shrine. Go.
Keah (Eilir): lol
Eilir: So what did the cleric have to say, Xenia?
Xenia: There is a problem with the oases in this area
Keah (Eilir): Oh right. We did talk about that, didn’t we?
Xenia: and { Name of head cleric who spoke to me} wants our help to make them safe again.
Xenia: And yes, Avaril, he mentioned fair compensation. So chill.
Æthelmyr: Will it take very long?
ElectricCaveman: Sarshan.
Xenia: I don’t know. He had some ideas as to the problem, but I asked him to wait and tell us all together. You can ask him tonight.
Avaril the Average: Yes, I feel we have a more urgeant matter than another mine expedition…
Campaign saved.
Xenia: Well, the oases are important to life here in the desert. If none of them have water, we will hardly be able to proceed through teh desert.
Æthelmyr: We need a wand of create water.
Eilir: How are we planning to get from one oasis to another? Do we get to ride camels?
Eilir is excited about the prospect of camels.
Avaril the Average: If this one dies, the other ones don’t do they?
Keah (Eilir): Xenia can create 2 gallons/level of create water spell. >.>
Xenia: I don’t beleive this oasis is having troubles…I think its all the other ones. Maybe we should just all speak with Sarshan.
Keah (Eilir): per level PER create water spell.
David (Bo-Taar): i assume goliaths drink a lot of water?
Denzil: I agree. lets speak with Sarshan and find out what and where exactly we need to do and go.
Keah (Eilir): Do they?
Eilir: That sounds like a good plan.
Xenia looks around for Sarshan.
Æthelmyr: One of these oases had better have whatshername hiding there.
Sam (Xenia): who?
Keah (Eilir): the hermit lady we’re looking for
Sam (Xenia): right.
Campaign saved.
Sarshan is standing a short way off, trying to look busy.
Æthelmyr: Ashley Quick.
Xenia: Sarshan!
Xenia waves
dublish (Æthelmyr): We need some adventure logs. Anybody want dibs?
Keah (Eilir): i’ll do one. kyle, you have too many prestige points you haven’t used.
Sarshan: Yes, sister? Have your friends made a decision?
Xenia: We’d like to hear more about the problems with the oases.
Sarshan: Certainly. I’ll tell you everything I know of the situation.
ElectricCaveman: As soon as Peter finishes typing it.
Campaign saved.
Æthelmyr fidgets.
Avaril the Average: So no one saw the water disappear?
Eilir: Hm… A magic item that’s stealing all the water in the oases? Interesting.
Denzil: We need some adventure logs. Anybody want dibs?
Sarshan: If they did see them, the marauders didn’t leave them behind…
Campaign saved.
Denzil: so where are the mauraders now?
Eilir: They might have some sort of base camp around here somewhere.
Sarshan: I don’t know, that is my problem. If I did, I don’t know if I could handle it, anyway. For all my size, I am not much of a fighter.
Eilir: So, Denzil is going to have to track a group of thugs through a desert. Sounds simple enough. The sand might be a problem, though.
Eilir: Are there any nearby oases that still have their water?
Bo-Taar: A good place to start looking. they will need water as well, unless their magic steals the water and stores it somehow
Æthelmyr: We should find one and set a trap for whatever is making the water disappear.
Sarshan: This is the closest one to the others. I don’t think they would come here, but I do not feel secure, either.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Okay, so we have Xenia creating water in the middle of the desert and wait…
Eilir: How far apart are these oases?
Campaign saved.
Sarshan: They are closer together in this part of the desert than most, but it is still most of a day’s walk between them.
Sam (Xenia): this is really wierd…matt hasn’t shown up on my character galley at all. But I can see when he talks and stuff in chat. FG, you’re wierd.
Eilir: When was the last one attacked, and how long would it take to get there from here, do you think?
dublish (Æthelmyr): What?
Matt (Avaril the Average): FG isn’t weird, it’s janky.
David (Bo-Taar): very janky
Sarshan: It’s been three days since the last one dried up. It’s about a six hour walk from here, but I can lend you camels to speed your journey.
Æthelmyr: …
Campaign saved.
Eilir: I’d like to go take a look. Denzil should come too. Maybe they left something helpful behind.
Avaril the Average: Is there a camel large enough for that?
Avaril the Average gestures to Bo-Taar.
Æthelmyr: Maybe a dire camel.
Denzil: Yes, we need to go now though
Keah (Eilir): ohgod dire camel
Eilir: Yes. Anyone else want to come along? Or do the rest of you want to stay here and rest up? I imagine Æthelmyr wants to stay here where it’s cool.
Xenia: I’d like to come.
Æthelmyr: Hmph.
Avaril the Average: Is there reason for me to come instead of staying here?
Eilir: That wasn’t an insult. Your blood makes the heat even worse for you, right?
Æthelmyr: Hardly. I like deserts as much as the next person.
Eilir: Well you’re welcome to come along if you want. I figured we’d just do some reconaissance and then come back.
Denzil: Ok Sarshan point us in the right direction and we’re off!
Eilir: Camels would be nice to borrow.
Denzil: I actrually think the whole team should come, just incase we happen to run into the bandits
Bo-Taar: I agree
Denzil: Three things could happen while we are gone.
Eilir: You think they’d come back after all the water’s gone?
Avaril the Average: So you can let me die and walk away like you have a habit of doing?
Campaign saved.
Avaril the Average: Or so I can drag you away when you get horribly injured? Because that’s also a thing that’s happened previously.
Denzil: Bandits appear where we are going. Bandits appear where we left some of our group. Or nothing happens.
Æthelmyr: Right, let’s go then.
Eilir: Off we go then.
Denzil: Onward mighty steed!
Keah (Eilir): camels have a top speed of 12mph. or 22. i can’t remember.
Keah (Eilir): internet says 40. i thought it was much slower.
David (Bo-Taar): can they carry 300 lbs?
Keah (Eilir): you might have t owalk…
dublish (Æthelmyr): Hmmm.
ElectricCaveman: Yes, they can.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Maybe we can tie the camels together and
Keah (Eilir): camel’s light load is up to 300lbs. we’re good.
ElectricCaveman: What time of day was it?
dublish (Æthelmyr): Did we rest?
Keah (Eilir): probably early evening at the latest. that was my impression.
Keah (Eilir): we did not. we need to go now.
Campaign saved.
Sarshan gathers camels from a rough stable.
Sarshan: These will serve to get you there. Please do not let anything happen to them.
Eilir: We’ll do our best. Thank you, Sarshan.
Sarshan: The sudden lack of water is sure to stir up trouble with the native wildlife. They are most active at night, even when all is well. Keep an eye out for that, as well as bandits.
Eilir: We will. Thanks for the warning.
Æthelmyr: That’s not good. We have trouble killing simple animals…
Bo-Taar: I do not.
Eilir: Right. We have Bo-Taar now. We’ll be fine.
Denzil: nah. we have plenty of people in our group now. we’ll be fine
Æthelmyr: Alright, let’s stop wasting time then.
Eilir: off we go for realsies!
Campaign saved.
DM: You head off into the desert. As the sun goes down, the air begins to quickly cool.
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Handle Animal [1d20+2 = 22]
dublish (Æthelmyr): Fuck yeah.
Avaril the Average -> [SKILL] Sense Motive [1d20+4 = 21]
Keah (Eilir): If it’s trained for riding, you usually don’t have to handle it unless you want it to do something it’s not used to…
Avaril the Average: The sun truely is setting today.
DM: Aethelmyr gets his camel to do tricks. Avaril believes his camel is honest, if very boring.
ElectricCaveman: And you wasted two good rolls on it.
Keah (Eilir): i did not realise aethelmyr was a guy. unless she got avaril’s camel to do tricks.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Aethelmyr, his?
Matt (Avaril the Average): FUCK YOU.
Matt (Avaril the Average): I THOUGHT OF IT FIRST!
Keah (Eilir): XD
Matt (Avaril the Average): Now what?
[TOWER] GM -> [1d100 = 90]
[TOWER] GM -> [1d100 = 60]
Æthelmyr: Now what?
[TOWER] GM -> [1d100 = 73]
Æthelmyr: Now what?
Sam (Xenia): shadow dice
Keah (Eilir): random encounter dice
Avaril the Average drinks whiskey.
Matt (Avaril the Average): SHUT UP! YOU DON’T KNOW THAT! METADICK!
DM: You ride for a few hours. Nothing much happens, save the sun setting. Make a survival check for not getting lost.
Campaign saved.
Keah (Eilir): because these always go well.
Denzil -> [SKILL] Survival [1d20+3 = 8]
Eilir -> [SKILL] Survival [1d20+1 = 2]
Avaril the Average -> [SKILL] Survival [1d20+4 = 13]
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Survival [1d20+1 = 12]
Keah (Eilir): yep. it’s amazing we’ve survived this long.
Avaril the Average: I SHALL LEAD YOU INSOLENT WHELPS!
Xenia -> [SKILL] Survival [1d20+4 = 9]
Bo-Taar -> [SKILL] Survival [1d20+8 = 17]
Eilir: I think Bo-Taar should lead.
Avaril the Average: After you, Bo-Taar. Whelp.
Avaril the Average bows deeply drunk.
DM: Bo-Taar insists that he knows the way. No one is willing to argue with him. Which works, because you find your way to a patch of grass and other plant growth, which is beginning to dry up and die.
Matt (Avaril the Average): According to the combat tracker, and thus our party stats, Bo-Taar is still raging and needs to not-be.
Eilir: So… is this the oasis? Or rather, was this the oasis?
ElectricCaveman: brb
Æthelmyr: Now what?
Xenia: It appears so.
Campaign saved.
Denzil -> [SKILL] Gather Information [1d20+6 = 19]
Bo-Taar: Can you see any sign of the marauders?
Denzil: i look for clues to the bandits
Keah (Eilir): peter is brb
DM: Search check
Denzil -> [SKILL] Search [1d20+6 = 12]
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Search [1d20+7 = 24]
Eilir -> [SKILL] Search [1d20+2 = 18]
Avaril the Average -> [SKILL] Search [1d20+4 = 24]
Xenia -> [SKILL] Search [1d20+1 = 5]
Matt (Avaril the Average): I found it fuck you.
Bo-Taar -> [SKILL] Search [1d20+1 = 10]
Matt (Avaril the Average): It’s mine.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Whatever it is it’s mine.
dublish (Æthelmyr): I rolled first bitch.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Daffy Duck style.
Keah (Eilir): congrats. you are now the proud owner of a bandit’s footprint.
Matt (Avaril the Average): I rolled a 20. I could have rolled ten years after your terrible 17 and STILL found it and it’s mine WHAT!
DM: You spend some time slowly, carefully circling the dried up oasis. Despite working by the dim light of the moon, you find a collection of tracks. Easily over a dozen humanoids have been there.
Eilir -> [CAST] Detect Magic
Campaign saved.
Keah (Eilir): I check for any residual magic in the area.
[w] -> Eilir: The only magic auras you detect in the area are the ones the party is carrying.
Eilir: No residual magic. I figured as much, but I thought I’d check.
Avaril the Average: Good waste of a spell.
Avaril the Average: A true spellcaster knows to never cast a spell ever.
Eilir: What, like you?
Eilir: That wasn’t a spell anyway. It was just something I learned how to do.
Eilir: So now what? Should we rest here? Try to follow them? Head back?
Denzil: well, we need to determine where they are going. if we do then we have a plan
Æthelmyr: They’ll only outnumber us by about two to one. Let’s get going!
Eilir: Well I’m no tracker, so I’ll leave that to you. And Bo-Taar evidently.
Avaril the Average: We killed a dragon once! This is not a fight to us.
Campaign saved.
Æthelmyr: What?!
Eilir: We never killed a dragon.
Avaril the Average: I killed a dragon.
Avaril the Average: With this sword!
Avaril the Average holds up his staff.
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Sense Motive [1d20+2 = 6]
Eilir: Oh right. He’s drunk.
Xenia: We killed some orcs holding dragon bits? Perhaps you are confused.
Æthelmyr is suspicious.
Eilir: Æthelmyr, think about it. Do you REALLY believe Avaril could kill a dragon?
Avaril the Average: I have and will kill again!
Æthelmyr: Maybe a baby dragon…
Eilir: Still in its egg, maybe.
Avaril the Average: So watch yourself!
Avaril the Average points at Aethelmyr.
Eilir: Anyway, what do you think Denzil?
Denzil: They do outnumber us, but these are mere bandits. We are pretty sure they are the ones who are causing this which means we need to find them. Lets determine where they are going and then perhap rest here for the night.
Eilir: Okay.
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Survival [1d20+1 = 8]
Æthelmyr: They’re going… that way?
Æthelmyr points to the south.
Denzil -> [SKILL] Survival [1d20+3 = 14]
Eilir -> [SKILL] Survival [1d20+1 = 16]
Eilir: I look for a good spot to make camp.
Xenia -> [SKILL] Survival [1d20+4 = 21]
Bo-Taar -> [SKILL] Survival [1d20+8 = 24]
Avaril the Average -> [SKILL] Concentration [1d20+8 = 18]
Zero (Denzil): can i use my knowledge geography to help track them?
Campaign saved.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Never roll what Kyle rolls. He rolls all willy nilly.
ElectricCaveman: Track is Survival, assisted my Search. Not geography, unfortunately.
Keah (Eilir): kyle does like to just make skill rolls.
Zero (Denzil): ok. just checking
Æthelmyr: Now what?
DM: I guess you make camp.
Keah (Eilir): I guess we do.
Zero (Denzil): yay camp
Æthelmyr has a bedroll so she is going to sleep super comfortably.
Eilir: How do we want to do watches?
Xenia: I can take the one before dawn.
Bo-Taar: i will take first watch
Avaril the Average: I will take no watches. Good night, I hope something doesn’t kill you while I sleep peacefully.
Campaign saved.
Æthelmyr: I think everyone will sleep well if you’re asleep.
Eilir: Ha.
DM: While you are setting up a camp, you get to make a listen check.
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Listen [1d20+4 = 17]
Eilir -> [SKILL] Listen [1d20+1 = 4]
Xenia -> [SKILL] Listen [1d20+3 = 18]
Keah (Eilir): …
Bo-Taar -> [SKILL] Listen [1d20+8 = 16]
dublish (Æthelmyr): Avaril is already asleep.
DM: Most of you hear something coming toward you from through the dry grasses by the dry oasis. You look and see four ants, the size of large dogs, making their way in a line toward your group.
Eilir: Well that’s interesting. Where’s Bob when we need him?
Sam (Xenia): oh crap. Its like the Indiana Jones that Didn’t Actually Happne!
Denzil: oh crap. Its like the Indiana Jones that Didn’t Actually Happne!
Matt (Avaril the Average): What? WHat the fuck just happened?
Keah (Eilir): You’re asleep. You don’t know.
Æthelmyr kicks Avaril.
Campaign saved.
Æthelmyr: Wake up. Giant bugs.
Denzil: what? giant bugs?
David (Bo-Taar): we should have healed before leaving the oasis :/
Eilir: We seem to run into a lot of those
Avaril the Average: fukof
Avaril the Average rolls over.
Denzil: I stand up and grab my bow
Zero (Denzil): and i say that at the same time
DM: The ants near you quickly. They stop, suddenly, about 10’ away. They hiss and clack at you, bobbing their head and waving their mandibles.
Æthelmyr -> [CAST] Rouse
Æthelmyr: Now wake up!
Keah (Eilir): XD
Avaril the Average stands up.
Avaril the Average: I hate you. I hate your family.
Æthelmyr: Shut up, I’ll magic you back to sleep when we’re done.
Keah (Eilir): I just had a fun idea. I’ll try it later.
Matt (Avaril the Average): bowchickawowoooooow…
Eilir: So… They’re just going to stand there?
Æthelmyr -> [INIT] [1d20+4 = 24]
Eilir: [INIT] [1d20+2 = 16]
Xenia -> [INIT] [1d20+1 = 13]
Avaril the Average -> [INIT] [1d20+2 = 16]
Bo-Taar -> [INIT] [1d20+2 = 6]
Keah (Eilir): Bo-Taar is confused about the giant bugs.
Denzil -> [INIT] [1d20+4 = 24]
Campaign saved.
DM: Place yourselves on the map.
Keah (Eilir): This works for me, if we were setting up camp.
Denzil: Place yourselves on the map.
Denzil: ok
Sam (Xenia): are the bugs in the grassy part?
DM: yes
Campaign saved.
Denzil: anyone got a fireball? haha.
Matt (Avaril the Average): What grassy part? The map is blank. : /
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Knowledge (arcana) [MOD:INT] [1d20+7 = 12]
dublish (Æthelmyr): Do I know anything about giant ants?
DM: no
Æthelmyr -> [CAST] Sleep
Æthelmyr -> [CAST] Sleep [at Giant Ant 3]
Æthelmyr -> [CAST] Sleep [at Giant Ant 1]
Æthelmyr -> [CAST] Sleep [at Giant Ant 2]
Æthelmyr -> [CAST] Sleep [at Giant Ant 4]
Giant Ant 2 -> [SAVE] Will [VS DC 16] [RM] [FAILURE] [1d20 = 11]
Giant Ant 1 -> [SAVE] Will [VS DC 16] [RM] [FAILURE] [1d20 = 15]
Giant Ant 4 -> [SAVE] Will [VS DC 16] [RM] [FAILURE] [1d20 = 5]
Giant Ant 3 -> [SAVE] Will [VS DC 16] [RM] [SUCCESS] [1d20 = 19]
dublish (Æthelmyr): I don’t know how many that will actually affect.
DM: 4 HD worth, right?
dublish (Æthelmyr): Yes.
Æthelmyr: [EFFECT] Helpless [UNITS MIN] [0]
DM: Ants 1 and 2 fall asleep.
Effect [‘Helpless’] -> [to Giant Ant 1] [by Æthelmyr]
Effect [‘Helpless’] -> [to Giant Ant 2] [by Æthelmyr]
Matt (Avaril the Average): I CALL THE COUP DE GRACES!
Campaign saved.
[TURN] Denzil
Sam (Xenia): run right on up htere! :-P
Zero (Denzil): ok, i 5 ft step to the left and up, then shoot with my +1 bow
Denzil -> [DAMAGE (R)] +1 Elvencraft Composite Longbow [TYPE: piercing(x3)] [1d8+2 = 7]
Damage [7] -> [to Giant Ant 3] [HEAVY DAMAGE]
[TURN] Avaril the Average
Avaril the Average -> [CAST] Light
Avaril the Average: Eilir is now a light source.
Keah (Eilir): …
[TURN] Giant Ant 1
[TURN] Xenia
Avaril the Average: Good night, sleep well.
Eilir: …
Xenia: I cast entangle at the ants.
Avaril the Average: Aw sorry, are you lost without some soft childhood toy to cuddle with? Are you missing something to cuddle with?
Avaril the Average tickles under Eilir’s chin mockingly.
Xenia -> [CAST] Entangle [at Giant Ant 3]
Giant Ant 3 -> [SAVE] Reflex [VS DC 13] [SUCCESS] [1d20 = 17]
Xenia -> [CAST] Entangle [at Giant Ant 4]
Giant Ant 4 -> [SAVE] Reflex [VS DC 13] [SUCCESS] [1d20 = 15]
Campaign saved.
[TURN] Eilir
Eilir: [ATTACK (M)] Magic Heavy Dragonfang Sickle [1d20+8 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Giant Ant 3] [HIT]
Eilir: [DAMAGE (M)] Magic Heavy Dragonfang Sickle [TYPE: slashing,magic] [1d8+4 = 11]
Damage [11] -> [to Giant Ant 3] [DYING]
Eilir: +1 cold
Denzil: good kill Eilir!
Eilir: Thanks. You did most of the work, though.
[TURN] Giant Ant 2
DM: It is dead.
[TURN] Giant Ant 3
Keah (Eilir): woo!
Avaril the Average: I helped.
[TURN] Giant Ant 4
Eilir: No. You didn’t.
Avaril the Average: You were able to see that ant reeeeally well.
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Bite [1d20+1 = 13]
Attack [13] -> [at Æthelmyr] [MISS]
[TURN] Bo-Taar
Æthelmyr: Ha!
Keah (Eilir): The entangling plants are the blue squares, no the circle, David. Just FYI.
David (Bo-Taar): how do i rage again?
Keah (Eilir): Can you rage more than once in a day?
David (Bo-Taar): ohhhh
David (Bo-Taar): no once per day. i’ll just hit them
Bo-Taar -> [ATTACK (M)] Adamantine Goliath Greathammer (Large) [1d20+9 = 15]
Attack [15] -> [at Giant Ant 4] [MISS]
[ROUND 6]
[TURN] Æthelmyr
Æthelmyr -> [ATTACK (M)] Mwk Rapier [CRIT 18] [1d20+4 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Giant Ant 4] [CRITICAL THREAT]
Campaign saved.
Æthelmyr -> [ATTACK (M)] Mwk Rapier [CRIT 18] [CONFIRM] [1d20+4 = 20]
Attack [20] -> [at Giant Ant 4] [CRITICAL HIT]
Æthelmyr -> [DAMAGE (M)] Mwk Rapier [CRITICAL] [TYPE: piercing] [1d6+1g6+4 = 10]
Damage [10] -> [to Giant Ant 4] [DYING]
Sam (Xenia): well done. Hit him right in the important ant parts.
Æthelmyr -> [ATTACK (M)] Claws (secondary) [1d20-2 = 13]
Attack [13] -> [at Giant Ant 4] [MISS]
Æthelmyr -> [ATTACK (M)] Tail slap [1d20-2 = 7]
Attack [7] -> [at Giant Ant 4] [MISS]
[TURN] Denzil
Avaril the Average: I coup de graced the sleeping ones.
Bo-Taar looks dissapointed that the little girl killed a giant ant and I missed
ElectricCaveman: Well, that was boring.
Keah (Eilir): ha
Zero (Denzil): that was actually the first pretty well fought battle i think we’ve ever had…
Keah (Eilir): Colour Spray is good crowd control.
DM: So, you finish setting up camp.
Æthelmyr -> [CAST] Sleep [at Avaril the Average]
Avaril the Average -> [SAVE] Will [VS DC 16] [FAILURE] [1d20+9 = 14]
Eilir: How many hours am I going to glow? Avaril, dismiss your light spell, will you?
Æthelmyr: Good night!
Avaril the Average: I don’t feel anything.
Avaril the Average thuds to the ground.
Xenia looks at the glowing Eilir and the sleeping Avaril.
Xenia: oh dear.
Eilir: … Great.
Eilir wraps herself in the fur cloak to try to hide as much of the light as she can.
Denzil: well, me and Bo-Taar need our 8 hours of sleep, plus an extra 1 to meditate.
Æthelmyr: Oh, hush. I think it’s sweet that he wanted to give you a night-light.
Eilir: Bo-Taar needs to meditate?
Denzil: i think so.
Campaign saved.
Eilir: I’ll take second watch, Bo-Taar. Wake me in a couple hours, okay?
Keah (Eilir): I wasn’t aware barbarians meditated.
Bo-Taar: OK.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Me neither, maybe it’s a goliath thing?
David (Bo-Taar): do I need to meditate?
Keah (Eilir): I don’t think so. You don’t cast spells.
Denzil: don’t soulmelds have to meditate to shape their melds?
Keah (Eilir): Sam and Kalyn both do. And I think Matt might.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Clerics and elves meditate.
Keah (Eilir): He’s not a soulmeld. He’s a barb…
ElectricCaveman: Yes, but they don’t unshape overnight. You only have to meditate to reshape them.
Keah (Eilir): No, elves trance.
ElectricCaveman: You can leave them shaped as long as you want
Denzil: oh, so if its already made then you are fine, it you don’t have one then you have to
Zero (Denzil): dang it, keep forgetting to hold command
ElectricCaveman: yep
Keah (Eilir): I am super-duper confused.
Zero (Denzil): ok, well then i need to at least
Zero (Denzil): nvm, carrying on. ;)
Æthelmyr: Good night, sleep tight.
Xenia: before I go to sleep, I heal Bo-Taar and myself a bit.
Æthelmyr: Wake me when I’m on watch.
Eilir: I’ll wake you at the end of mine.
Æthelmyr snuggles into her bedroll and goes to sleep.
Xenia -> [HEAL] Cure Light Wounds [1d8+1 = 3]
Heal [3 (+3 NL)] -> [to Bo-Taar]
Xenia -> [HEAL] Cure Light Wounds [1d8+3 = 8]
Heal [8 (+2 NL)] -> [to Bo-Taar]
Xenia -> [HEAL] Cure Light Wounds [1d8+3 = 7]
Heal [7 (+6 NL)] -> [to Xenia]
Campaign saved.
Keah (Eilir): You didn’t have to mop up my blood this time, Sam! Isn’t that great?
Sam (Xenia): Yay! haha
Keah (Eilir): I actually didn’t take any damage. Pretty neat.
Keah (Eilir): So we rest, yes?
Avaril the Average -> Resting.
Eilir -> Resting.
Æthelmyr -> Resting.
Denzil -> Resting.
Xenia -> Resting.
Bo-Taar -> Resting.
User ‘Keah’ has gone AFK.
DM: So, night happens. Woo. Sun comes up, things get hot, because desert and stuff.
Æthelmyr wakes up and takes a drink from her waterskin.
Eilir: ugh… cloak comes off quickly.
Campaign saved.
Avaril the Average: Eilir. Come over heeeere…
Eilir: No. You stay away from me, you ass.
Avaril the Average: Help me.
Avaril the Average lies in a huddled heap on the ground.
Denzil: We need to get going team. The bandits could have moved in the night, or be moving now.
Æthelmyr: Right.
Æthelmyr: Did anyone determine which way they went?
Æthelmyr packs her gear.
Awarding 1200 XP to the Party
[200 XP] -> Eilir
[200 XP] -> Xenia
[200 XP] -> Æthelmyr
[200 XP] -> Denzil
[200 XP] -> Bo-Taar
[200 XP] -> Avaril the Average
Avaril the Average: Eilir?
Eilir -> [CAST] Stand [at Avaril the Average]
Eilir jerks her arms into the air.
Eilir: Just get up already.
Keah (Eilir): you are teleported into a standing position, btw.
Denzil: Bo-Taar had a…somethin good on his survival check earlier so i assume he knows where they were heading
Avaril the Average: But I need my whiskey. My head aches and I’ve been lying here unfomfortably all evening.
Avaril the Average: Great, now I’m standing and I feel ill.
Eilir: If you didn’t get plastered yesterday, you wouldn’t have a hangover now.
Avaril the Average lurches over to Eilir.
‘Keah’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
‘Keah’ reconnected
Xenia: Be sure and drink some water. Dehydration is a terrible danger in the desert, and your drinking habits do not help you.
Avaril the Average: I need whiskey to get rid of this whiskey.
Avaril the Average: That’s how alcohol works.
Æthelmyr: I’m surprised you haven’t run out.
Avaril the Average: Bo-Taar you carry me.
Æthelmyr: Anyway, to the camels.
Eilir: To the camels.
Eilir: Which way are we headed?
Campaign saved.
Bo-Taar: Keep up or be left behind, Avaril
Avaril the Average trudges to the camel.
Avaril the Average: You love me.
Avaril the Average hugs the camel.
Sam (Xenia): The camel spits at Avaril. It is an affectionate spit.
Denzil: we follow Bo-Taar
DM: If you want to track the marauders, you need to make a Survival check. And have the Track feat.
Keah (Eilir): looks at denzil.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Anyone?
Avaril the Average lies forward on his camel and hugs the beast and the bottle affectionately.
Denzil: cough. uh, yea of course i have the track feat!
Zero (Denzil): i should have put more into survival and gather info…oh well
Zero (Denzil): i track!
Denzil -> [SKILL] Survival [1d20+3 = 17]
Keah (Eilir): you can retrain skills when we level.
Campaign saved.
DM: You are able to get started following the trail. The soft ground holds the marks of their passing well, where on the leeward side of the rolling landscape.
Denzil: onward!
Æthelmyr: Deserts are boring.
Æthelmyr: Look at all the sand.
Æthelmyr: I can’t imagine living in a place like this.
Eilir: Well, most people don’t live out in the middle of the sand. They tend to stay closer to the oases.
DM: You follow the trail for many several miles. The going is slow, since you have to pause to check the tracks, but after a few hours they lead you to a stony outcropping.
Eilir: Look! Rocks!
Denzil: hmm, a see a stony outcropping. perhaps we she recon this out first
Avaril the Average drools down the side of the camel’s neck as he sleeps peacefully.
Campaign saved.
Æthelmyr: OK, I’ll go check it out.
Eilir: Be careful.
Denzil: well, i’m coming of courese
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Move Silently [1d20+11 = 18]
Denzil -> [SKILL] Move Silently [1d20+6 = 21]
DM: You creep toward the large stones. As you work your way closer, you make out a dark rift in the stone. In front of that is a large cactus. Behind that is an even larger ogre, trying very unsuccessfully to conceal himself.
Campaign saved.
Æthelmyr begins creeping back to the rest of the party.
[TOWER] GM -> [SKILL] Listen [1d20+2 = 5]
Æthelmyr: So, there’s an ogre who tried to set up an ambush, but he’s not very smart, because he’s trying to hide behind a cactus.
Æthelmyr: I think he might even think he’s still hidden.
ElectricCaveman: To be fair, it is a big cactus.
ElectricCaveman: Just, you know, not ogre big.
Zero (Denzil): ha
Eilir: Alright. So I guess we should ambush him.
Matt (Avaril the Average): If two parties set up an ambush you have an Ernest Hemmingway novel. NOTHING HAPPENS FUCK YOU
Bo-Taar: Ambush? He’s already cornered it seems. Lets just go attack
Denzil: We don’t want to draw out the whole party though
Denzil: if we can kill one at a time, it will make our lives infinitely safer
Æthelmyr: Can anyone set the cactus on fire?
Campaign saved.
Eilir: No, but I can make Ghost Sounds. Think that would be any help?
Eilir: Or… I have a couple torches. We could throw one. Or try to light an arrow somehow.
Æthelmyr: Ghost Sounds and Silent Images?
Eilir: I just know how to make sounds. Images are beyond me.
Eilir: I can make a humanoid form with Dancing Lights, but that’s pretty much it.
Eilir: Think he’s superstitious?
Æthelmyr: I think I’m with Bo-Taar, let’s just attack.
Eilir: We’ll send Bo-Taar in first and be ready to back him up when the others start to come out?
Æthelmyr: Bo-Taar, get mad!
Bo-Taar: As you wish!
Denzil: thats a good idea. Perhaps Xenia could be ready to cast entangle if anyone comes out of the cave
Eilir: Denzil and I can pick them off with bows, and Avaril, Xenia and Æthelmyr can cast spells and help Bo-Taar in combat.
DM: The land in front of the cave is barren, no entangling.
Sam (Xenia): boo. I could entangle Golgo in the cactus! but that would not be efficient.
Denzil: well, we’ll figure something out. ok. i’m going to circle around until i have a good view of the entrance and the ogre
Keah (Eilir): Is there a place/way to secure the camels?
Campaign saved.
Avaril the Average slides off the camel.
Sam (Xenia): we can tie their leader strings to the cactus
DM: There are cacti!
Avaril the Average: Lettuce get them.
dublish (Æthelmyr): The green things, right?
Keah (Eilir): Hooray! Let’s tie the camels carefully to the cacti.
Sam (Xenia): oh, I thought thats what the green dots were.
DM: There are a few more cacti further out. I just put random cacti on for the sake of having random cacti.
ElectricCaveman: You could tie the head of one camel to the tail of another. Then, if they want to go, all they can do is run in circles.
Keah (Eilir): he has a name. the meta in me makes me think he can be talked to.
Keah (Eilir): lol
dublish (Æthelmyr): I don’t speak Ogre.
ElectricCaveman: Note to self: name all npcs for paranoia’s sake.
Keah (Eilir): I speak Orc.
Keah (Eilir): lol
Denzil: im in position. anyone else ready?
‘Sam’ reconnected
Æthelmyr: Bo-Taar! Kill!
DM: make a hide check, if that’s where you want to be.
Keah (Eilir): we’re still tying the camels. ohgod.
Æthelmyr: We tie the camels together. They are tied.
Keah (Eilir): Okay.
DM: [SKILL] Spot [1d20+2 = 10]
[TOWER] GM -> [1d20 = 18]
Æthelmyr -> [INIT] [1d20+4 = 7]
Eilir: [INIT] [1d20+2 = 11]
DM: The ogre notices Denzil sneaking up behind the cactus.
Xenia -> [INIT] [1d20+1 = 6]
Denzil -> [INIT] [1d20+4 = 6]
Bo-Taar -> [INIT] [1d20+2 = 22]
Keah (Eilir): nice, david.
Golgo: Stop! I am Golgo! I am Gatekeeper! You must stay out!
Campaign saved.
Avaril the Average -> [INIT] [1d20+2 = 4]
Æthelmyr: Oh, he speaks common!
Zero (Denzil): thats, surprising.
DM: also, place your tokens were you want to be.
Denzil: what are you protecting in there Golgo?
Avaril the Average: We’re going to kill you, take the possessions off your body, and probably go inside anyway. You had best flee unless you want to be killed to death!
ElectricCaveman: He is smarter than your average ogre. Not that that is saying much.
Eilir: Really, Avaril?
Golgo: I am protecting the door!
Avaril the Average: REALLY!
Bo-Taar: What is behind the door?
Avaril the Average: Stop protecting it. We outnumber you heavily, we have that thing, and we’re going to kill you unless you leave.
Golgo: And Golgo cannot be killed!
Avaril the Average points to Bo-Taar.
Æthelmyr: Don’t listen to them, Golgo, they’re just joking. We’re here to inspect the cave.
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Bluff [1d20+9 = 28]
Golgo: Inspect the cave?
Sam (Xenia): hahaha. Oh please oh please.
Avaril the Average: Joking? We will kill you horribly. Do you like life? Do you want to keep it? Let us by.
Golgo: Now is bad time. The cave is messy.
Æthelmyr: Oh yes, official cave inspectors from the department of cave inspections.
Eilir: Look at what we’re toting around. A messy cave is nothing.
Eilir points to Avaril.
Æthelmyr: We’ll need to inspect the messiness and put it in our report.
Avaril the Average kicks sand on Eilir’s feet.
Xenia five foot steps back, onto Avaril’s foot and hisses "Hush!"
Avaril the Average: And you as well my dear.
Golgo: The yellow man is not very nice. I don’t like you.
Golgo: What if I say you don’t inspect the cave?
Eilir: We don’t like him either.
Æthelmyr opens her diary and pretends to make a note.
Æthelmyr: Gatekeeper… not… cooperative…
Golgo: I think I make your yellow man go away instead.
Avaril the Average: Oh look, we have to kill him and tear his eyes out of his skull. Damn. You had your chance you fool. You could have simply let us by but you chose to take your own life instead.
Keah (Eilir): i am so tempted to take him up on that.
Campaign saved.
Æthelmyr (whispering): Gods, Avaril, why are you making things difficult?
Golgo: You leave now.
Golgo hefts a javeling longer than Avaril is tall, and hurls it at him.
Keah (Eilir): Can I step aside? Because I don’t want to get hit by that.
Keah (Eilir): There we go.
DM: Matt never placed his token, so I’m doing it for him.
Keah (Eilir): ha
Matt (Avaril the Average): Yes I did.
Avaril the Average: I was behind Eilir.
Matt (Avaril the Average): For maximum annoyance.
DM: [ATTACK (R)] Javelin (-2) [1d20-1 = 7]
Attack [7] -> [at Avaril the Average] [MISS]
Matt (Avaril the Average): So really that should have been with full cover or at her.
DM: The javelin sails way over your heads.
dublish (Æthelmyr): That uses strength, doesn’t it?
DM: no
Keah (Eilir): Don’t help him out, Kyle.
[ROUND 1]
[TURN] Bo-Taar
Keah (Eilir): Now you can charge him, David.
Bo-Taar -> [ATTACK (M)] Adamantine Goliath Greathammer (Large) [1d20+9 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Golgo the Ogre] [HIT]
Matt (Avaril the Average): We’re breaking for lunch, enjoy your combat! Freebirds AHOY!
Campaign saved.
Sam (Xenia): what?
Matt (Avaril the Average): nowe’renotreally
Matt (Avaril the Average): Maybe after combat.
dublish (Æthelmyr): No, not really.
Bo-Taar -> [DAMAGE (M)] Adamantine Goliath Greathammer (Large) [MULT:1.5] [TYPE: bludgeoning(x4)] [3d6+7 = 17]
Damage [17] -> [to Golgo the Ogre] [MODERATE DAMAGE]
Bo-Taar: BOOM!
Eilir: Indeed.
Zero (Denzil): dang…
Avaril the Average: I TOLD YOU! NOW, LET US PAST OR WE SHALL REND YOUR FLESH AND DESTROY YOUR BODY!
Avaril the Average: I WILL PERSONALLY SPLAY YOUR FINGERS AND RIP OUT THE BONES!
[TURN] Eilir
Eilir: I had my longbow out, so now I’ll cast a spell.
Eilir -> [CAST] True Strike
[TURN] Æthelmyr
Keah (Eilir): whatcha gonna do, kyle?
Æthelmyr -> [CAST] Whelm [at Golgo the Ogre]
Golgo the Ogre -> [SAVE] Will [VS DC 16] [SUCCESS] [1d20+1 = 21]
[TURN] Denzil
dublish (Æthelmyr): Fucking ridiculous save.
Campaign saved.
Keah (Eilir): lol
Keah (Eilir): does nat20 always save? i forget.
DM: yes
Zero (Denzil): i’m going to rapid shot.
DM: Don’t forget there’s a -4 penalty for shooting into melee.
Denzil: eww.
Denzil -> [DAMAGE (R)] +1 Elvencraft Composite Longbow (-4) [TYPE: piercing(x3)] [MIN DMG ADJ +2] [1d8 = 1]
Damage [1] -> [to Golgo the Ogre]
Keah (Eilir): um…
Zero (Denzil): what…haha
DM: Attack first, damage second.
Denzil -> [ATTACK (R)] +1 Elvencraft Composite Longbow (-4) [1d20+4 = 5]
Attack [5] -> [at Golgo the Ogre] [AUTOMATIC MISS]
Zero (Denzil): yea….
[TURN] Xenia
Campaign saved.
Sam (Xenia): so, if I want to do Sound Burst, but I want to aim it such that it doens’t hit bo-taar, what do I need to roll for placement?
Sam (Xenia): or do I just place it correctly?
DM: You just place it.
DM: But you’re too far away right now.
Sam (Xenia): Now I’m not. :- )
Keah (Eilir): if you place the centre right behind the ogre, you should be fine.
Xenia -> [DAMAGE] Sound Burst [TYPE: sonic,spell] [1d8 = 1]
Damage [1] -> [to Golgo the Ogre]
Xenia -> [CAST] Sound Burst [at Golgo the Ogre]
Golgo the Ogre -> [SAVE] Fortitude [VS DC 14] [SUCCESS] [1d20+6 = 16]
Sam (Xenia): stupid damage roll.
[TURN] Golgo the Ogre
Keah (Eilir): lol
Golgo: Out of the way, hammer man!
Golgo: [ATTACK (M)] Greatclub [1d20+8 = 10]
Attack [10] -> [at Bo-Taar] [MISS]
Keah (Eilir): haha. can’t touch bo-taar
Golgo: grabs a massive club and swings violently, but without any control. Bo-Taar easily avoids it.
[TURN] Avaril the Average
Keah (Eilir): get it? hammer?
Zero (Denzil): -_-
Avaril the Average -> [ATTACK (R)] Heavy Fucking Crossbow [CRIT 19] (-4) [1d20-2 = 10]
Attack [10] -> [at Golgo the Ogre] [MISS]
[ROUND 2]
[TURN] Bo-Taar
Keah (Eilir): I don’t imagine standing behind me helps your aim.
Bo-Taar -> [ATTACK (M)] Adamantine Goliath Greathammer (Large) [1d20+9 = 10]
Attack [10] -> [at Golgo the Ogre] [AUTOMATIC MISS]
Avaril the Average: It helps my odds of survival.
[TURN] Eilir
Eilir: [ATTACK (R)] Dragonbone Longbow (+2 STR) (+16) [1d20+23 = 24]
Attack [24] -> [at Golgo the Ogre] [AUTOMATIC MISS]
Keah (Eilir): … Does a 1 miss even with True Strike?
Campaign saved.
Sam (Xenia): ohhh nooooo
David (Bo-Taar): ouch…..
Sam (Xenia): thats terrible.
Keah (Eilir): yeah. yeah it is.
DM: yes, it does.
Sam (Xenia): true strike should be awesome…but somehow…it never works out.
Bo-Taar: it should be called "mostly true strike"
Keah (Eilir): lol
Sam (Xenia): similar to my spiritual sword.
[TURN] Æthelmyr
ElectricCaveman: You can use prestige points…
Keah (Eilir): would 1 be enough to reroll?
ElectricCaveman: no, that takes 2.
Keah (Eilir): oh wait. we rested. i have 3 again.
Keah (Eilir): i would like to reroll that.
Sam (Xenia): yay!
Eilir: [ATTACK (R)] Dragonbone Longbow (+2 STR) (+16) [1d20+23 = 24]
Attack [24] -> [at Golgo the Ogre] [AUTOMATIC MISS]
Keah (Eilir): REALLY?
David (Bo-Taar): statistics are dumb and not true
Keah (Eilir): agreed.
Æthelmyr -> [CAST] Color Spray [at Golgo the Ogre]
Æthelmyr -> [CAST] Color Spray [at Æthelmyr]
Æthelmyr -> [SAVE] Will [VS DC 16] [RM] [FAILURE] [1d20+4 = 13]
Golgo the Ogre -> [SAVE] Will [VS DC 16] [RM] [FAILURE] [1d20+1 = 7]
Keah (Eilir): wait… why does it affect kyle?
dublish (Æthelmyr): Note: I did not cast that on myself.
Keah (Eilir): lol I don’t even know if you can.
Effect [‘Stunned’] -> [to Golgo the Ogre] [by Æthelmyr]
dublish (Æthelmyr): And I’ll assume that the Ogre has more than 4HD.
DM: He is also blinded.
Effect [‘Blinded; Stunned’] [D:1] -> [to Golgo the Ogre] [by Æthelmyr]
[TURN] Denzil
Avaril the Average: THIS IS YOUR LAST WARNING IF YOU VALUE YOUR LIFE AT ALL YOU SHOULD PROBABLY SURRENDER TO US YOU DAMN FOOL!
Denzil -> [ATTACK (R)] +1 Elvencraft Composite Longbow (-4) [1d20+4 = 5]
Attack [5] -> [at Golgo the Ogre] [DEF EFFECTS -4] [AUTOMATIC MISS]
Campaign saved.
Keah (Eilir): i feel your pain, kalyn.
Zero (Denzil): what!?!
Matt (Avaril the Average): Game’s borked.
Zero (Denzil): two in a rwo
[TURN] Xenia
Matt (Avaril the Average): GM rigged the fucking adventure.
Keah (Eilir): obviously.
Xenia: I step up to the ogre, feeling quite short, and swing at it iwth my quarterstaff.
Xenia -> [ATTACK (M)] Magic Quarterstaff [1d20+5 = 13]
Attack [13] -> [at Golgo the Ogre] [DEF EFFECTS -4] [HIT]
Keah (Eilir): QUARTERSTAFF OF DOOM!
Xenia -> [DAMAGE (M)] Magic Quarterstaff [MULT:1.5] [TYPE: bludgeoning] [1d6+3 = 4]
Damage [4] -> [to Golgo the Ogre] [HEAVY DAMAGE]
Sam (Xenia): the odds of katheryn rolling two ones in a row were 1/400. And the odds of Denzil following htat up with a 1 were 1/8000.
[TURN] Golgo the Ogre
DM: Golgo is stunned by Aethelmyr’s spell, and cannot attack.
[TURN] Avaril the Average
Avaril the Average -> [ATTACK (M)] Quarterstaff [1d20+1 = 20]
Attack [20] -> [at Golgo the Ogre] [DEF EFFECTS -4] [HIT]
Avaril the Average -> [DAMAGE (M)] Quarterstaff [MULT:1.5] [TYPE: bludgeoning] [1d6+1 = 2]
Damage [2] -> [to Golgo the Ogre]
[ROUND 3]
[TURN] Bo-Taar
ElectricCaveman: Actually, the odds of Denzil following that up with a 1 were 1/20. The odds of three ones in a row is 1/8000, but prior results do not affect future results.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Yes they do.
Sam (Xenia): yes, that is what I meant. The cumulative odds were 1/8000.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Causality.
Bo-Taar: I defer until after Golgo wakes up
Matt (Avaril the Average): Murphy, karma, whatever you call it, the universe simply seeks to fuck you over.
David (Bo-Taar): whoops
Matt (Avaril the Average): WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT!?
Matt (Avaril the Average): KILL IT NOW!
Keah (Eilir): because hitting him now would be cheating.
David (Bo-Taar): RP man
[TURN] Eilir
Matt (Avaril the Average): Hitting him now would be what we need.
Campaign saved.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Wait, you have a code or something?
Keah (Eilir): i read up on goliaths while we were waiting to start. >.>
David (Bo-Taar): yeah, competitive but fair is the goliath way
Matt (Avaril the Average): I didn’t. I watched someone play Starfox64.
Matt (Avaril the Average): I see. Well then carry on not carrying on.
dublish (Æthelmyr): It’s 6 vs. 1.
Sam (Xenia): none of hte rest of us are hitting it.
Keah (Eilir): but he threw a heavy javelin at avaril, meaning he attacked us.
Keah (Eilir): lol true.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Also I gave it fair warning.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Fair and vehement warning.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Katheryn, your turn.
Keah (Eilir): he’s not a knight, so he doesn’t have an actual code, but yeah, if he thinks it’s cheating, he won’t hit him. because cheating is wrong.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Kill it so we can break for a reallyquick lunch because I’m starved. :’ (
Keah (Eilir): oh.
Matt (Avaril the Average): But that means that’s X time we don’t get to play because Peter has to leave for something…
Eilir: [ATTACK (R)] Dragonbone Longbow (+2 STR) (-4) [1d20+3 = 21]
Attack [21] -> [at Golgo the Ogre] [DEF EFFECTS -4] [HIT]
Keah (Eilir): …
Matt (Avaril the Average): Also we aren’t playing after his whatever are we? LaaameIhateeverything.
Eilir: [DAMAGE (R)] Dragonbone Longbow (+2 STR) [TYPE: piercing(x3)] [1d8+2 = 8]
Damage [8] -> [to Golgo the Ogre] [DYING]
Matt (Avaril the Average): COUP DE GRACE IS MINE!
ElectricCaveman: I doubt Sam and David would want to. I won’t be back until after 10.
Effect [‘Blinded; Stunned’] -> [EXPIRED] [on Golgo the Ogre]
[TURN] Æthelmyr
dublish (Æthelmyr): OK.
Matt (Avaril the Average): It is Saturday and they love us as much as they love each other.
Æthelmyr pretends to make a note in her diary.
Eilir: Guardian not up to snuff?
Æthelmyr: Not… competent… to stop… intruders…
Eilir: Called it.
Eilir: He holding anything interesting?
Æthelmyr: Loot him!
Avaril the Average rams his quarterstaff through the eyes of the ogre, gouging them out into squishy paste stringing out from the skull as the staff is removed with a wet "thhhhWOP!"
Eilir: Why are you so disgusting?
Avaril the Average: Eilir may I see your cloak for a moment?
DM: He has rough hide armor and a large greatclub. That’s all of note.
Campaign saved.
Eilir: No. Paws off.
Avaril the Average: I seem to have stepped my staff into something as we were walking along.
Eilir: Let’s go take a look in that cave.
Æthelmyr: Alright.
Denzil: i check for traps on the door
Eilir: Æthelmyr, you wanna go first?
Æthelmyr: Sure.
Æthelmyr walks into the cave.
Keah (Eilir): did you spend your skill points on rogue-type skills that you could have used on ranger skills instead? ^^;
dublish (Æthelmyr): Search is a ranger skill.
Keah (Eilir): yes, but searching for traps.
Keah (Eilir): one sec. i need to calm down torre.
Avaril the Average: Eilir, my staff….
dublish (Æthelmyr): Trapfinding/trapsense is a class ability, he couldn’t put skill points into that no matter how hard he tried.
Avaril the Average holds up the gooey end.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Everyone has trapfinding/trapsense. It’s just more delayed than rogues’.
DM: The entrance is narrow, and it widens only slightly as it goes. It turns sharply left just inside, and heads down fairly steeply.
Keah (Eilir): I’m guessing it’s dark?
Sam (Xenia): are you still glowing?
DM: yes
DM: no
Keah (Eilir): I am not still glowing.
Campaign saved.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Do I see anything?
Eilir: I left my backpack on the camel outside. It has my torches in it…
Zero (Denzil): go get them…
Eilir: I… should probably go get that.
Matt (Avaril the Average): I can make her.
Eilir heads back to the camels to retrieve her pack.
Avaril the Average: Hold on…
Avaril the Average -> [CAST] Light
Keah (Eilir): Nope. I’m already gone. Bye.
Avaril the Average: Eilir is now glowing.
Keah (Eilir): Object touched, not person touched. I cannot be glowing.
Keah (Eilir): So there.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Your shirt.
Keah (Eilir): is under my armour.
Matt (Avaril the Average): I put my hand on your ass and now that’s glowing.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Problem solved.
Eilir: I come back with a lit torch.
Matt (Avaril the Average): And a glowybutt.
Æthelmyr continues searching the cave.
DM: Is Æthelmyr going alone?
Campaign saved.
Keah (Eilir): No. I’m here. I caught up again. I hope.
dublish (Æthelmyr): It’s dangerous. I took…
dublish (Æthelmyr): A rapier.
Zero (Denzil): im following
Keah (Eilir): I have a longsword. You want it for lulzies?
Sam (Xenia): I planned on following along. A slight distance behind her.
Keah (Eilir): I don’t know why i still have my longsword, aside from sentimentality.
David (Bo-Taar): I figured I was going
Keah (Eilir): i’m at the back of the line because I have a torch.
dublish (Æthelmyr): That will allow you to shine light behind us as well.
DM: So you all continue down the narrow stone path. It takes a few sharp bends as it continues downward.
Matt (Avaril the Average): I’m behind her because I’m squishy.
DM: After some ways, it’s hard to tell just how far because of the crooked path, things more or less level out.
Campaign saved.
[w] -> Æthelmyr: You turn a corner and suddenly see an open chamber. There is a wall across it, about 4’ high and 15’ ahead. There are also creatures behind it.
Æthelmyr stops abruptly and backs behind the corner.
Eilir: What’s up?
Æthelmyr (whispering): There’s some creatures ahead, keep your voice down.
Keah (Eilir): I meant to whisper that… ^^;
[w] Æthelmyr: Am I able to get a good look at the creatures?
Eilir (whispering): Torch out?
[w] Æthelmyr: And is the open chamber lit?
[w] -> Æthelmyr: Are you looking? And no, it isn’t.
Æthelmyr nods to Eilir.
Æthelmyr peeks around the corner.
DM: make a hide check
Keah (Eilir): Hm… I… How do I put out a torch?
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Hide [1d20+11 = 31]
Keah (Eilir): Is there a notch in the wall where I can just wedge it and leave it there?
Matt (Avaril the Average): Grind it into the ground.
Campaign saved.
ElectricCaveman: You can just leave it there on the floor or something.
Matt (Avaril the Average): But your also have that other light source. : /
Keah (Eilir): Okay. I’ll do that.
Matt (Avaril the Average): UNLESS I DISPELL IT!
Eilir (whisper): Avaril, dismiss your stupid light spell.
[w] -> Æthelmyr: There are five of them standing around, casually guarding the wall. Three are gnolls, two are hobgoblins.
Avaril the Average: Find.
Avaril the Average hits Eilir’s butt with his staff. But the not-gooey end.
[w] -> Æthelmyr: You can’t tell more detail than that, because they’re behind the wall.
Keah (Eilir): Oh. Thanks for that.
Æthelmyr (whispering): Three gnolls, two hobgoblins, behind a low wall 15 feet past the entrance.
Eilir (whisper): Alright, what’s the plan?
Æthelmyr (whispering): Anyone know about gnolls or hobgoblins?
Eilir (whisper): Or do we have one?
Eilir -> [ABILITY] Intelligence check [1d20+2 = 6]
Keah (Eilir): I don’t think I’ve read much about them.
Avaril the Average: I know that they all must be killed viciously.
Æthelmyr -> [SKILL] Knowledge [1d20+5 = 11]
Xenia -> [SKILL] Knowledge (Nature) [MOD:INT] [1d20+1 = 10]
Campaign saved.
Æthelmyr (whispering): I vote we run in and attack.
Bo-Taar: I agree
DM: You don’t really know anything about gnolls or hobgoblins.
Eilir: Alright. Let’s go then.
Eilir: Wait. Was the wall wooden?
[w] -> Æthelmyr: It is mostly stone rubble.
Æthelmyr (whispering): No, stone, not very well made I think.
Eilir: darn.
Æthelmyr dashes into the open cavern.
Eilir: follows.
DM: Everyone roll your initiatives and take your surprise round action.
Eilir: [INIT] [1d20+2 = 21]
Xenia -> [INIT] [1d20+1 = 21]
Bo-Taar -> [INIT] [1d20+2 = 8]
Æthelmyr -> [INIT] [1d20+4 = 15]
Denzil -> [INIT] [1d20+4 = 15]
Keah (Eilir): Why is my initiative 12?
Avaril the Average -> [INIT] [1d20+2 = 11]
Keah (Eilir): Okay. Actions now?
[ROUND 0]
[TURN] Eilir
DM: Well, dashing in would be your action.
Keah (Eilir): one standard, yes?
DM: yes
Keah (Eilir): oh. well, i don’t have to for what i want to do.
Eilir -> [CAST] Dancing Lights
Campaign saved.
DM: You don’t have line of effect there from where you are.
Keah (Eilir): I was goign to cast it in the hall and then move it. aethelmyr gave me a basic idea of the room.
Keah (Eilir): no action to move the lights.
DM: Can you move them where you don’t have line of effect?
Keah (Eilir): it doesn’t say i can’t. it just says they move as i desire.
DM: Okay, I guess that works, then.
[TURN] Xenia
[TURN] Gnoll Marauder 11
[TURN] Hobgoblin Marauder 12
[TURN] Æthelmyr
Æthelmyr -> [ATTACK (M)] Mwk Rapier [CRIT 18] [1d20+4 = 10]
Attack [10] -> [at Hobgoblin Marauder 12] [MISS]
DM: What are you doing?
[TURN] Denzil
DM: You get one standard action. And you moved.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Oh, I thought we were done with the surprise round.
DM: No, you were only the third
Keah (Eilir): we didn’t have a round yet.
[TURN] Avaril the Average
Matt (Avaril the Average): Defer to be last of our group?
[TURN] Bo-Taar
Campaign saved.
[TURN] Avaril the Average
dublish (Æthelmyr): I think Matt is having connection issues?
Keah (Eilir): ah
Avaril the Average: I yell at them as I round the corner.
Avaril the Average: YOU ALL WILL DIE LIKE YOUR DAMN "GAURDIAN" AND WE WILL BURN YOUR BODIES!
[TURN] Gnoll Marauder 5
[TURN] Gnoll Marauder 19
Eilir: You tell ’em, Oh squishy one.
[ROUND 1]
[TURN] Eilir
Keah (Eilir): How much cov--no wait Bo-Taar is also in the way.
David (Bo-Taar): how tall is the wall?
DM: about 4 feet
Campaign saved.
David (Bo-Taar): so i could hop over it?
Keah (Eilir): How much cover would said wall provide?
David (Bo-Taar): more like… just walk over it lol
DM: You could certainly try. If you rolled a 1, you might end up embarrassing yourself.
Eilir: I’m going to put up my bow and grab my sickle.
[TURN] Xenia
Sam (Xenia): if I stand on the wall, does that give me an advantage or a disadvantage to hitting them with my quarterstaff?
DM: Well, the height would give you an advantage, but the precarious footing would probably hinder you more.
Sam (Xenia): okay, then I try to climb over the wall.
Xenia -> [SKILL] Climb [1d20+1 = 10]
DM: You pull yourself up on top of the wall.
Campaign saved.
Keah (Eilir): bo-taar is twice the height of the wall. he shouldn’t need to climb over it. just swing your hammer vertically, not horizontally and you’re good, right? XD
ElectricCaveman: If he could reach
Sam (Xenia): So i guess I jump down? so roll a jump check?
Sam (Xenia): or am I done wiht moving?
DM: No, it’s less than 5’, you can just do it.
DM: How far have you moved?
Sam (Xenia): 15 feet, plus the wall.
DM: okay, you’re good, then
Xenia: and I swing at the Gnoll
Xenia -> [ATTACK (M)] Magic Quarterstaff [1d20+5 = 11]
Attack [11] -> [at Gnoll Marauder 5] [MISS]
[TURN] Gnoll Marauder 11
DM: [ATTACK (R)] Composite shortbow [1d20+2 = 11]
Attack [11] -> [at Bo-Taar] [MISS]
DM: The gnoll draws a shortbow and snaps off a shot at Bo-Taar, but misses.
[TURN] Hobgoblin Marauder 12
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Longsword [CRIT 19] [1d20+2 = 4]
Attack [4] -> [at Æthelmyr] [MISS]
DM: The hobgoblin moves to hold the gap, but also misses Aethelmyr with his longsword.
[TURN] Æthelmyr
Æthelmyr -> [ATTACK (M)] Mwk Rapier [CRIT 18] [1d20+4 = 9]
Attack [9] -> [at Hobgoblin Marauder 12] [MISS]
Æthelmyr -> [ATTACK (M)] Claws (secondary) [1d20-2 = -1]
Attack [-1] -> [at Hobgoblin Marauder 12] [AUTOMATIC MISS]
Æthelmyr -> [ATTACK (M)] Tail slap [1d20-2 = 7]
Attack [7] -> [at Hobgoblin Marauder 12] [MISS]
[TURN] Denzil
Denzil: what would the wall do to my bow attack against hob14
Campaign saved.
DM: Grants cover, +4 to his AC
DM: He’s also still flat-footed, though
Zero (Denzil): hmm. well, might as well i guess.
‘Matt’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
ElectricCaveman: Matt connection lost
Denzil -> [ATTACK (R)] +1 Elvencraft Composite Longbow [1d20+8 = 14]
Attack [14] -> [at Hobgoblin Marauder 14] [MISS]
Denzil: dang. and a 5 ft step
[TURN] Hobgoblin Marauder 14
‘Matt’ disconnected
‘dublish’ connection lost. Waiting for reconnect
‘dublish’ reconnected
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Longsword [CRIT 19] [1d20+2 = 7]
Attack [7] -> [at Xenia] [MISS]
[TURN] Bo-Taar
Bo-Taar: so to go over wall to i just walk or do i have to make a jump check?
David (Bo-Taar): errr climb check?
DM: You can make a jump check to go over it.
Keah (Eilir): you could always just break through it.
David (Bo-Taar): would that take an action?
DM: It would be part of your movement action.
Keah (Eilir): you would be attacking the wall.
David (Bo-Taar): ok i’ll jump
Keah (Eilir): oh. the jump check.
‘Matt’ connected
David (Bo-Taar): can i jump onto a gnoll?
David (Bo-Taar): and crush them?
Campaign saved.
DM: You can try to grapple it, yes.
David (Bo-Taar): i’ll deal with that later
Bo-Taar -> [SKILL] Jump [1d20+8 = 10]
David (Bo-Taar): i try to jump over the wall…
Keah (Eilir): well it wasn’t a 1.
David (Bo-Taar): even though im 7’6" tall… and its a 4’ wall
David (Bo-Taar): did i make it? or slip and fall on my face?
DM: Well, you don’t clear it. Make a Balance check to land on top of it.
Bo-Taar -> [SKILL] Balance [1d20-1 = 13]
DM: Okay. You make a bad jump and end up on the wall, instead of over it, but you manage to avoid falling back.
David (Bo-Taar): so now i can just jump down and attack them?
Matt (Avaril the Average): Back. Fucking thing sucks fuck it we’ll do it live.
DM: I’m going to say the clumsy landing ended your move action. You can move again to get off the wall, or make another balance check to attack from where you are.
Keah (Eilir): aw… the hydra in hercules is so noticably CG on a hi-def screen…
ElectricCaveman: It’s noticably CG on a regular screen.
dublish (Æthelmyr): It was noticably CG 15 years ago.
Campaign saved.
ElectricCaveman: Many 3-d effects in 2-d movies are.
David (Bo-Taar): ok i’ll try to balance and attack from on top the wall
Bo-Taar -> [SKILL] Balance [1d20-1 = 18]
Keah (Eilir): it still looks good, though. they did make a good effort of blending it in.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Nice.
DM: You are incredibly sure-footed today.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Childhood’s bullshit. Fuck that.
David (Bo-Taar): so now i can attack hobgoblin 14?
DM: yep
DM: +1 for high ground, too
Bo-Taar -> [ATTACK (M)] Adamantine Goliath Greathammer (Large) [1d20+9 = 17]
Attack [17] -> [at Hobgoblin Marauder 14] [HIT]
DM: not that you needed it
Bo-Taar -> [DAMAGE (M)] Adamantine Goliath Greathammer (Large) [MULT:1.5] [TYPE: bludgeoning(x4)] [3d6+7 = 14]
Damage [14] -> [to Hobgoblin Marauder 14] [DYING]
dublish (Æthelmyr): Nice.
Bo-Taar: BOOM!
[TURN] Avaril the Average
DM: Your hammer blow from above comes down over his shield and crushes his body.
Avaril the Average -> [ATTACK (M)] Quarterstaff [1d20+1 = 10]
Attack [10] -> [at Hobgoblin Marauder 12] [MISS]
[TURN] Gnoll Marauder 5
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Battleaxe [1d20+3 = 15]
Attack [15] -> [at Xenia] [MISS]
[TURN] Gnoll Marauder 19
DM: [ATTACK (R)] Composite shortbow [FF] [1d20+2 = 15]
Attack [15] -> [at Bo-Taar] [MISS]
[ROUND 2]
[TURN] Eilir
DM: One gnoll pulls an axe on Xenia, the other tries his bow on Bo-Taar. Neither succeed.
[TURN] Xenia
Sam (Xenia): are the gnolls wearing metal armor?
Campaign saved.
Xenia: Are you the brigands who have been drying up the oases around here?!!!
DM: Yes, they are wearing chain shirts.
Xenia: I cast Heat Metal at the two gnolls (5 +11) by me
Xenia -> [CAST] Spiritual Weapon
Sam (Xenia): not what I meant to clik.
DM: Casting provokes an attack of opportunity
Xenia -> [CAST] Heat Metal
Keah (Eilir): cast defensively! combat casting!
Sam (Xenia): ok, I’ll take the aoo.
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Battleaxe [1d20+3 = 13]
Attack [13] -> [at Xenia] [MISS]
Matt (Avaril the Average): Don’t cast defensively! Cast offensively! ATTACK THEM AND MAKE THEIR FLESH BURN FROM THEIR BONES!
Xenia: Their armor begins to get warm.
Campaign saved.
[TURN] Gnoll Marauder 11
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Battleaxe [1d20+3 = 15]
Attack [15] -> [at Xenia] [MISS]
[TURN] Hobgoblin Marauder 12
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Longsword [CRIT 19] [1d20+2 = 9]
Attack [9] -> [at Avaril the Average] [MISS]
[TURN] Æthelmyr
Æthelmyr -> [ATTACK (M)] Mwk Rapier [CRIT 18] [1d20+4 = 11]
Attack [11] -> [at Hobgoblin Marauder 12] [MISS]
DM: The marauders continue to fail in their attacks.
Æthelmyr -> [ATTACK (M)] Claws (secondary) [1d20-2 = 13]
Attack [13] -> [at Hobgoblin Marauder 12] [MISS]
Æthelmyr -> [ATTACK (M)] Tail slap [1d20-2 = 0]
Attack [0] -> [at Hobgoblin Marauder 12] [MISS]
[TURN] Denzil
Denzil -> [SKILL] Jump [1d20+2 = 20]
DM: You hop over the wall
Campaign saved.
Denzil -> [ATTACK (M)] Mwk Elvencraft Longbow [1d20+5 = 18]
Attack [18] -> [at Hobgoblin Marauder 12] [HIT]
Denzil -> [DAMAGE (M)] Mwk Elvencraft Longbow [MULT:1.5] [TYPE: bludgeoning] [1d6+1 = 5]
Damage [5] -> [to Hobgoblin Marauder 12] [MODERATE DAMAGE]
Keah (Eilir): um…
DM: yes it works
Keah (Eilir): oh.
Keah (Eilir): how many bows do you have?
Keah (Eilir): i missed the elvencraft part originally.
dublish (Æthelmyr): It was Elvencraft all the time, but I thought there was a +1 composite somewhere in there.
ElectricCaveman: The +1 just works for the ranged attacks.
ElectricCaveman: As a melee weapon, it is merely masterwork.
Keah (Eilir): ooooh. okay.
ElectricCaveman: is Denzil done?
[TURN] Hobgoblin Marauder 14
[TURN] Bo-Taar
Bo-Taar -> [ATTACK (M)] Adamantine Goliath Greathammer (Large) [1d20+9 = 18]
Attack [18] -> [at Gnoll Marauder 11] [HIT]
Bo-Taar -> [DAMAGE (M)] Adamantine Goliath Greathammer (Large) [MULT:1.5] [TYPE: bludgeoning(x4)] [3d6+7 = 20]
Damage [20] -> [to Gnoll Marauder 11] [DYING]
[TURN] Avaril the Average
Campaign saved.
Matt (Avaril the Average): How do I auto-flank? Or is that the one that ISN’T on the mod screen?
Keah (Eilir): put 2 in the mod box next to your dice.
ElectricCaveman: I don’t think there’s an auto-flank option
Avaril the Average -> [ATTACK (M)] Quarterstaff (+2) [1d20+3 = 11]
Attack [11] -> [at Hobgoblin Marauder 12] [MISS]
[TURN] Gnoll Marauder 5
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Battleaxe [1d20+3 = 16]
Attack [16] -> [at Bo-Taar] [MISS]
[TURN] Gnoll Marauder 19
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Battleaxe [1d20+3 = 8]
Attack [8] -> [at Eilir] [MISS]
[ROUND 3]
[TURN] Eilir
Eilir: [ATTACK (M)] Magic Heavy Dragonfang Sickle [1d20+8 = 25]
Attack [25] -> [at Gnoll Marauder 19] [HIT]
Eilir: [DAMAGE (M)] Magic Heavy Dragonfang Sickle [TYPE: slashing,magic] [1d8+4 = 5]
Damage [5] -> [to Gnoll Marauder 19] [MODERATE DAMAGE]
Eilir: boo. oh well. +1 cold.
[TURN] Xenia
Xenia: [1d6 = 3]
Xenia: [1d4 = 1]
Sam (Xenia): wrong one. sorry.
Sam (Xenia): Gnoll 5 takes 1 heat damage.
Damage [1] -> [to Gnoll Marauder 5]
Sam (Xenia): and I hit him with my quaterstaff
Xenia -> [ATTACK (M)] Magic Quarterstaff [1d20+5 = 17]
Attack [17] -> [at Gnoll Marauder 5] [HIT]
Xenia -> [DAMAGE (M)] Magic Quarterstaff [MULT:1.5] [TYPE: bludgeoning] [1d6+3 = 4]
Damage [4] -> [to Gnoll Marauder 5] [MODERATE DAMAGE]
Sam (Xenia): david is laughing so hard at my consistent 1-rolling during damage that he snorted. I’m not sure I like playing in the same room as him.
Campaign saved.
[TURN] Gnoll Marauder 11
[TURN] Hobgoblin Marauder 12
dublish (Æthelmyr): Attack David!
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Longsword [CRIT 19] [1d20+2 = 20]
Attack [20] -> [at Denzil] [HIT]
Keah (Eilir): In the several times she’s used it, the quarterstaff has done nothing magical of note?
dublish (Æthelmyr): But try to roll higher than a 1 on damage.
DM: [DAMAGE (M)] Longsword [MULT:1.5] [TYPE: slashing] [1d8+1 = 4]
Damage [4] -> [to Denzil]
ElectricCaveman: Oh, I forgot about that. But nothing super obvious.
[TURN] Æthelmyr
Æthelmyr -> [ATTACK (M)] Mwk Rapier [CRIT 18] [1d20+4 = 13]
Attack [13] -> [at Hobgoblin Marauder 12] [MISS]
Æthelmyr -> [ATTACK (M)] Claws (secondary) [1d20-2 = 1]
Attack [1] -> [at Hobgoblin Marauder 12] [MISS]
Æthelmyr -> [ATTACK (M)] Tail slap [1d20-2 = 7]
Attack [7] -> [at Hobgoblin Marauder 12] [MISS]
[TURN] Denzil
Denzil -> [ATTACK (M)] Mwk Elvencraft Longbow [1d20+5 = 20]
Attack [20] -> [at Hobgoblin Marauder 12] [HIT]
Denzil -> [DAMAGE (M)] Mwk Elvencraft Longbow [MULT:1.5] [TYPE: bludgeoning] [1d6+1 = 3]
Damage [3] -> [to Hobgoblin Marauder 12] [HEAVY DAMAGE]
dublish (Æthelmyr): I think I’d rather be rolling ones.
Keah (Eilir): i was just wondering if it maybe sparked or something whenever it hit things. or if it had some sort fo command word, so hitting things wouldn’t trigger it.
Keah (Eilir): you have to remember these things, sam!
Sam (Xenia): wansn’t I not htere when you picked it up?
dublish (Æthelmyr): Is Denzil done?
Keah (Eilir): oh. yeah. but i told you it was magical. i think. so now you know.
ElectricCaveman: It’s just a +1 quarterstaff. I should make you guys actually identify your magic items, but I don’t want to have to keep track of it.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Yeah, I’m pretty sure I did Sense Magic when I was hearing that weird snow spirit and we decided the staff had some magical aura.
[TURN] Hobgoblin Marauder 14
[TURN] Bo-Taar
Keah (Eilir): yeah. we’ve been figuring out they’re magical. we’re just too cheap to actually get someone to Identify them.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Is Denzil done?
Bo-Taar -> [ATTACK (M)] Adamantine Goliath Greathammer (Large) [1d20+9 = 16]
Attack [16] -> [at Gnoll Marauder 5] [HIT]
dublish (Æthelmyr): Bo-Taar, go!
Bo-Taar -> [DAMAGE (M)] Adamantine Goliath Greathammer (Large) [MULT:1.5] [TYPE: bludgeoning(x4)] [3d6+7 = 12]
Damage [12] -> [to Gnoll Marauder 5] [DYING]
Campaign saved.
[TURN] Avaril the Average
Avaril the Average -> [ATTACK (M)] Quarterstaff (+2) [1d20+3 = 11]
Attack [11] -> [at Hobgoblin Marauder 12] [MISS]
[TURN] Gnoll Marauder 5
[TURN] Gnoll Marauder 19
DM: The remaining gnoll withdraws and begins to flee
[ROUND 4]
[TURN] Eilir
Keah (Eilir): Aw, did he withdraw? Boo. Get back here!
Eilir: drop my sickle, draw my bow and fire.
Eilir: [ATTACK (R)] Dragonbone Longbow (+2 STR) [1d20+7 = 23]
Attack [23] -> [at Gnoll Marauder 19] [HIT]
Eilir: [DAMAGE (R)] Dragonbone Longbow (+2 STR) [TYPE: piercing(x3)] [1d8+2 = 3]
Damage [3] -> [to Gnoll Marauder 19]
Sam (Xenia): nice
Keah (Eilir): augh! damage dice! wtf is wrong with you!?
[TURN] Xenia
DM: The unconscious gnolls continue roasting to death in their armor.
Keah (Eilir): lol
Sam (Xenia): oops. Xenia forgot about that. She’ll feel bad about it later.
Xenia -> [ATTACK (M)] Magic Quarterstaff [1d20+5 = 6]
Attack [6] -> [at Gnoll Marauder 19] [AUTOMATIC MISS]
[TURN] Gnoll Marauder 11
Campaign saved.
[TURN] Hobgoblin Marauder 12
DM: [ATTACK (M)] Longsword [CRIT 19] [1d20+2 = 5]
Attack [5] -> [at Denzil] [MISS]
[TURN] Æthelmyr
Æthelmyr -> [ATTACK (M)] Mwk Rapier [CRIT 18] [1d20+4 = 5]
Attack [5] -> [at Hobgoblin Marauder 12] [AUTOMATIC MISS]
Æthelmyr -> [ATTACK (M)] Claws (secondary) [1d20-2 = 17]
Attack [17] -> [at Hobgoblin Marauder 12] [HIT]
Æthelmyr -> [DAMAGE (M)] Claws (secondary) [MULT:0.5] [TYPE: piercing,slashing] [1d3+1 = 3]
Damage [3] -> [to Hobgoblin Marauder 12] [DYING]
Æthelmyr: Finally!
[TURN] Denzil
Denzil -> [ATTACK (R)] +1 Elvencraft Composite Longbow (-4) [1d20+4 = 16]
Attack [16] -> [at Gnoll Marauder 19] [HIT]
Denzil -> [DAMAGE (R)] +1 Elvencraft Composite Longbow [TYPE: piercing(x3)] [1d8+2 = 5]
Damage [5] -> [to Gnoll Marauder 19] [HEAVY DAMAGE]
[TURN] Hobgoblin Marauder 14
[TURN] Bo-Taar
Bo-Taar -> [ATTACK (M)] Adamantine Goliath Greathammer (Large) [1d20+9 = 10]
Attack [10] -> [at Gnoll Marauder 19] [AUTOMATIC MISS]
[TURN] Avaril the Average
Campaign saved.
Avaril the Average -> [ATTACK (R)] Heavy Fucking Crossbow [CRIT 19] [1d20+2 = 18]
Attack [18] -> [at Hobgoblin Marauder 14] [HIT]
Matt (Avaril the Average): Nope, quarterstaff.
Avaril the Average -> [DAMAGE (M)] Quarterstaff [MULT:1.5] [TYPE: bludgeoning] [1d6+1 = 3]
Damage [3] -> [to Hobgoblin Marauder 14] [DEAD]
[TURN] Gnoll Marauder 5
[TURN] Gnoll Marauder 19
Eilir is speaking :
Damn.
Translated Elven: Damn.
Eilir: He got away.
DM: The gnoll withdraws again and disappears down the dark passage
Avaril the Average: The fuck did you say?
Æthelmyr: Let’s chase after him.
Eilir: I pick up my longbow and see if there’s anything interesting on the dead ones as my torches go out.
Keah (Eilir): I shuold also probably go get the torch from the hall, if it’s still burning…
Avaril the Average: Yeah, I’m out of light so I can’t give you another source by which to see…
Sam (Xenia): I can
DM: beside their armor and shield, each is carrying 100 gp.
Eilir: Here. Light the shield on my back.
Eilir: Also, we have 400GP to split.
Campaign saved.
DM: The torch is still burning, anyway.
Eilir: Yeah, but it’s in the hallway… Alright, i go get it.
Eilir: Okay now we can chase after him.
Sam (Xenia): hey, so what time are we playing to tonight?
Keah (Eilir): 6 or 7 our time
ElectricCaveman: At the rate we’re going, I don’t think we’ll have time for the next encounter before I have to go.
ElectricCaveman: We can do part of it, or we can let people eat.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Oh. That’s coming up very soon. And food. People have to eat or they… DIE!
Keah (Eilir): no preference.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Is there a nice stopping point between here and you having to leave?
dublish (Æthelmyr): I want to level up so badly.
Keah (Eilir): me too!
ElectricCaveman: It’s not going to happen today regardless.
Campaign saved.
Sam (Xenia): by next encounter do you mean us running down this tunnel to where ever that guy just went, or somethign after that?
ElectricCaveman: Something after that.
Keah (Eilir): we saw 15 sets of tracks or wahtever, and 5 of them are dead.
Keah (Eilir): if the ogre was included in that.
David (Bo-Taar): well sam and I are down for going on or whatever you guys want
dublish (Æthelmyr): Yeah, I could keep going.
Avaril the Average: green text
Matt (Avaril the Average): OH DAMNIT!
Keah (Eilir): i already ate.
ElectricCaveman: We’re not going to accomplish much more anyway. We can either break now and let people eat, or push on a little further now. But we’re probably not going to get through another encounter.
Campaign saved.
Keah (Eilir): well, let’s just leave the whole encounter for next time.
David (Bo-Taar): works for us
Zero (Denzil): yea, i should probably get going too. gotta be at least somewhat productive today. ;)
Matt (Avaril the Average): Productive is stupid for it is Saturday the day of doing literally nothing no resperation or anything just… chiiiilllllllllllllllll
Keah (Eilir): im’ watching archer. or trying to.
Matt (Avaril the Average): Jerk.
Matt (Avaril the Average): I wish _I_ could watch Archer.
Matt (Avaril the Average): I wish _I_ have seen Archer.
Matt (Avaril the Average): I wish _I_ knew what Archer was and could laugh at it histerically.
Keah (Eilir): alrighty. unless there’s something else that needs to be done here, i’m logging out.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Boo.
Matt (Avaril the Average): I was hoping we would kill a dragon today… : (
‘Keah’ disconnected
Campaign saved.
Sam (Xenia): well, wow.
Matt (Avaril the Average): ?
Sam (Xenia): walrus eggman
dublish (Æthelmyr): Kookookachoo.
David (Bo-Taar): time to go play lots of world of tanks and make indian food
dublish (Æthelmyr): Bye everyone!
Sam (Xenia): bye!
dublish (Æthelmyr): Who wants to play again tomorrow?
Sam (Xenia): fun session!
Bo-Taar: we can
Matt (Avaril the Average): MAKE indian food!?
Matt (Avaril the Average): That’s intense.
Sam (Xenia): we can. but we have some errands to run. to prepare for maybe going snowboarding on monday.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Oooooooo
Matt (Avaril the Average): timeoutwhatthefuck
Matt (Avaril the Average): SNOWBOARDING!?
Xenia: I’m scared
Matt (Avaril the Average): Make sure you capture footage of yourself doing such a… Thing…
David (Bo-Taar): only 90 minutes away
Zero (Denzil): ok, i’m out. see you on skype.
dublish (Æthelmyr): Snowboarding is horrible, you should ski instead.
Sam (Xenia): we can continue this on skype.
‘David’ disconnected
‘Zero’ disconnected
‘dublish’ disconnected
‘Matt’ disconnected
‘Sam’ disconnected

Session 22 Chat Log

The Legs of Lolth dublish