The Legs of Lolth
As you all probably know well, I am very into getting feedback, for a variety of reasons. The biggest being, this is your game as much as mine, but that requires communication. So, if you take the time to answer some or all of these questions, I’ll give you a Prestige Point. Unlike the last questionnaire, I’m not necessarily looking for long answers. If you have a lot to say, go right ahead, but don’t feel like you have to write paragraphs. A few words will do for many of these. Anything you have to add that is not on here is also always welcome. Here’s a link to a version you can download, if you prefer. You can reply by OP page, email, Skype, telegraph, or carrier pigeon (assuming you don’t need your pigeon back).
- My implementation of the Prestige Points system has three purposes: encourage players to contribute to the campaign world, reward players for helping me with game maintenance, and give PCs a little extra spark to set them above the world’s other powerful characters. How well do you feel that Prestige Points are meeting my goals for the system?
- How are the power level and usefulness of the Prestige Point abilities?
- What do you think of the ways available to earn Prestige Points? (ease, variety, number, etc.)
- How do you feel the pace of the game is going, with respect to each the overall plot, combat encounters, and periods of role-playing?
- If you think pacing could improve anywhere, do you have any ideas you think might help?
- It was my original intent with this campaign that the players could and would pursue various places, events, or characters that caught their attention. I feel like you’re all really focused on the main story, but I don’t want to just put the game on tracks unless that’s what you want. Is this flexibility something that interests you, and do you have any ideas on how to implement it?
- Does your character have any traits or backstory that I could touch on in an adventure (side or otherwise) to engage you more personally in the story?
- What balance of combat, skill, and role-playing encounters do you want to see?
- Please rate some encounters. No need to list them all (unless you really want to), just a few best and worst. An explanation would be nice, too.
- Anything you want to see more or less of, any abilities you want to show off, or just something you think would be wacky fun? Pitch your ideas!
- About how often do you use the wiki on Obsidian Portal?
- What pages and/or features do you find most regularly useful?
- How comfortable are you using Obsidian Portal?
- It’s been a while since we talked crafting items, and I never came to a determination. Is that something you think we should still be concerned with, and do you have any input?
- Do you have any thoughts on the NPC level experiment went (or is going, I suppose)?
- I built this setting originally with the idea of setting multiple stories here, letting them each build up the combined lore of the world, overlapping places and characters. Would you be interested in playing or even running other (probably much shorter) stories in this world?
- Do you have any thoughts about any house rules not already mentioned in this survey?